PDA

View Full Version : Carrie Fisher

ldiatone
12-27-2016, 01:13 PM
RIP

Iconic Star Wars Actress Carrie Fisher Dies at 60: 'She Was Loved by the World and She Will Be Missed Profoundly'

https://youtu.be/auQDEeCm9IY

zico20
12-27-2016, 01:26 PM
That sucks. I guess Disney will have to rewrite episodes 8 and 9 now. She was the ultimate princess in the universe. :ThmbUp: RIP

JustRalph
12-27-2016, 01:43 PM
That sucks. I guess Disney will have to rewrite episodes 8 and 9 now. She was the ultimate princess in the universe. :ThmbUp: RIP

The next movie is already in the can from what read

FantasticDan
12-27-2016, 01:50 PM
Principal photography for ep VIII is already completed, so she'll be in it. But yeah, they'll have to change a lot of things up now, Luke and Leia were to be major players in both VIII and VIX.

I figured this was coming. Stopped breathing on the plane and to the hospital, on a ventilator, no real updates from the family regarding improvement or consciousness. Figured either total heart failure or brain death. Been thru similar with family members.

60 is obviously way too young. Rest in peace. :(

Inner Dirt
12-27-2016, 02:10 PM
RIP, it didn't sound good, I thought the reports of her being stable were erroneous considering what happened.

Ocala Mike
12-27-2016, 02:43 PM
Please, someone put a fork in 2016 already! I became a widower at the start of the year, and the number of celebrities/notables deaths this year seems totally ridiculous. RIP, Princess Leia.

MutuelClerk
12-27-2016, 03:44 PM
Please, someone put a fork in 2016 already! I became a widower at the start of the year, and the number of celebrities/notables deaths this year seems totally ridiculous. RIP, Princess Leia.

Right on.

TJDave
12-27-2016, 07:04 PM
RIP

Iconic Star Wars Actress Carrie Fisher Dies at 60: 'She Was Loved by the World and She Will Be Missed Profoundly'

https://youtu.be/auQDEeCm9IY

A handful of films makes her iconic?

Bette Davis was iconic.

_______
12-27-2016, 09:07 PM

Bette Davis was iconic.

I get this. She'll be remembered for Star Wars but deserves better than that. Postcards from the Edge and Wishful Drinking are the only books of hers I read but I don't doubt her others were just as self depreciating and funny.

She didn't need a ghost writer. Rare for an actor.

She basically played herself in Hannah and her Sisters. It's one of my favorite Woody Allen films partly because it's the only one with a somewhat happy ending. But also because of her.

TJDave
12-27-2016, 09:46 PM
You read her books?

ldiatone
12-27-2016, 11:16 PM
I get this. She'll be remembered for Star Wars but deserves better than that. Postcards from the Edge and Wishful Drinking are the only books of hers I read but I don't doubt her others were just as self depreciating and funny.

She didn't need a ghost writer. Rare for an actor.

She basically played herself in Hannah and her Sisters. It's one of my favorite Woody Allen films partly because it's the only one with a somewhat happy ending. But also because of her.
https://youtu.be/aY4YOsjCI-Q

Jess Hawsen Arown
12-28-2016, 11:42 AM

Bette Davis was iconic.

Yes, iconic does get overused. But she was a principal character in one of the most iconic movies of all time.

The Oxford dictionary says, A person or thing regarded as a representative symbol or as worthy of veneration:

Star Wars has become a series of movies worthy of veneration, and Carrie Fisher is certainly a representative.

Yes, I would consider Bette Davis an icon of her generation of movies. She gets it on her acting skills, not as a representative of any one movie.

barahona44
12-28-2016, 11:47 AM
It might be more accurate to say she played an iconic role, rather than that she was an iconic actress.

FantasticDan
12-28-2016, 12:02 PM
The original poster wrote "iconic Star Wars actress", which obviously implies her signature role in the most successful franchise in movie history and is completely accurate.. not sure why any terminology dissection was even necessary..

davew
12-28-2016, 05:42 PM
Her mom Debbie Reynolds just had a stroke

MutuelClerk
12-28-2016, 06:45 PM
I heard Cinnabuns made reference to her death saying to greatest buns in the galaxy. Referring to Princess Leila's hair and not her ass. Caught all kinds of twitter hell for and now has to apologize. The most offended people on twitter need to be called out. It's like a contest daily and the most offended person wins. I believe it was PA in another thread saying that's why he isn't on Facebook or Twitter. Couldn't agree more. Attention whores and internet tough guys. That's all twitter is.

FantasticDan
12-28-2016, 07:02 PM
I heard Cinnabuns made reference to her death saying to greatest buns in the galaxy. Referring to Princess Leila's hair and not her ass. Caught all kinds of twitter hell for and now has to apologize.
This was the tweet.. it is in poor taste and I don't really have a problem with them getting some grief for it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0txgvfUsAASQ_0.jpg

zico20
12-28-2016, 07:11 PM
This was the tweet.. it is in poor taste and I don't really have a problem with them getting some grief for it.

You are a liberal, so naturally you get offended easily. That is one of the prerequisites for being a left winger. Nothing in that tweet is offensive.

Fager Fan
12-28-2016, 08:16 PM

This reminds me of a school friend, though even more tragic. I went to elementary school with her, and her mother was my 4th grade teacher. About a decade out of high school, I heard about both mother and daughter being hospitalized, both with breast cancer. The daughter died first, and then her mother followed 3 days later. The daughter had a little sister, and often thought of her and her dad and how hard this had to be to go through, and how she may've been very susceptible to breast cancer herself.

Fager Fan
12-28-2016, 08:21 PM
I'm going to agree with Dan on this one. I'm not highly offended, but do think it was in bad taste to use a death as a marketing tool. Or to make a light-hearted pun about a death.

Now, the outrage over Steve Martin's tweet was without merit, and each one of those "offended" deserve a tongue lashing.

Rise Over Run
12-28-2016, 08:48 PM
Unfortunately, it's being reported that she passed away today.

FantasticDan
12-28-2016, 08:48 PM
I'm going to agree with Dan on this one. I'm not highly offended, but do think it was in bad taste to use a death as a marketing tool. Or to make a light-hearted pun about a death.
Exactly. :ThmbUp:

And it should be noted that Cinnabon used that image last year as actual marketing.

ldiatone
12-28-2016, 09:10 PM
she has died also to day :(

JustRalph
12-28-2016, 10:35 PM
I was a bigger fan of Debbie Reynolds than her daughter. But no matter how you slice it.......terrible events

Ocala Mike
12-28-2016, 11:37 PM
No autopsy necessary on Debbie Reynolds - she died of a broken heart.

I have to say I had a huge crush on her in the early 50's. This horrible year can't end soon enough.

ebcorde
12-29-2016, 12:38 AM

terrible taste

Tom
12-29-2016, 08:05 AM
Singing in the Rain, Tammy, The Unsinkable Molly Brown.....She was an icon of the big screen. Such a sad story.....

RIP

Tom
12-29-2016, 08:06 AM
Exactly. :ThmbUp:

And it should be noted that Cinnabon used that image last year as actual marketing.

Very poor taste. We agree.
Bookmark this page! ;)

jk3521
12-29-2016, 08:28 AM
Look how beautiful she was ! What a sparkler !

voaq-YtyQlU

098poi
12-29-2016, 09:52 AM
terrible taste
It is in bad taste. The thing that gets me is that many times big companies release things on social media in response to a death or current events and never run it by someone. So many times I've seen things and thought if they showed this to ten people at the company for feedback before releasing it they could save themselves so many headaches.

Jess Hawsen Arown
12-29-2016, 11:59 AM
No autopsy necessary on Debbie Reynolds - she died of a broken heart.

The greatest pain in the universe is having your kids die before you.

woodtoo
01-07-2017, 02:28 PM
Her ashes were carried in a giant Prozac urn which she adored and kept in her home, still seems rather odd.

RunForTheRoses
01-07-2017, 03:47 PM
Princess Leia just won the first at Santa Anita.

Tom
01-07-2017, 05:49 PM
HBO has a special about Mother/daughter premiering tonight.

FantasticDan
01-07-2017, 06:09 PM
:ThmbUp:

:(

wzFoJyCFbM8

Valuist
01-07-2017, 11:02 PM
Princess Leia wins the opener at SA at $13.40.

anotherCAfan
01-08-2017, 12:49 PM
It was well done, funny, and sad at the same time.

pondman
01-09-2017, 04:51 PM
Unexpected surplus in coke now available.

JustRalph
06-19-2017, 12:37 PM
Cocaine-Heroin and exstacy in her system when she died

MargieRose
06-19-2017, 04:38 PM
Cocaine-Heroin and exstacy in her system when she died
Are there any "entertainers" out there who are NOT indulging in some type of drug purely for their own pleasure? Maybe a few, generally, but overall I don't think so, and I guess that clearly explains why most those in the industry espouse irrational, over-the-top and hysterical political rantings ad nauseam! I can't help but feel no sympathy for Carrie Fisher, considering the findings!