PDA

View Full Version : Bye bye Rex

Tom
12-27-2016, 12:34 PM
Bills fired Rex - surprise!
With all the coaching changes they make, wouldn't you think they might wake up to the fact that their entire organization sucks wind? Losing has been institutionalized at Buffalo.

Rex is gone....but I doubt winning is in the immediate future of the the Bills.
They are just such damn good losers.

Zaf
12-27-2016, 04:29 PM
Ditto for the Jets :ThmbDown:

Z

barahona44
12-27-2016, 04:37 PM
Won't be a HC in the NFL anymore, unlike baseball, basketball and hockey,coaches who get fired twice never get a third bite at the apple.

FakeNameChanged
12-27-2016, 04:46 PM
I'd like to see my old high school coach's son get a shot. Frank Reich Jr. FR had the biggest comeback in the NFL for the Bills as their QB. For a while he had the biggest comeback in the NFL and also Div. I football while at Maryland. Doing a good job for the Eagles.

Secondbest
12-27-2016, 05:45 PM
I'd like to see my old high school coach's son get a shot. Frank Reich Jr. FR had the biggest comeback in the NFL for the Bills as their QB. For a while he had the biggest comeback in the NFL and also Div. I football while at Maryland. Doing a good job for the Eagles.
Not that bad an idea

Marshall Bennett
12-27-2016, 05:48 PM
I'd like to see my old high school coach's son get a shot. Frank Reich Jr. FR had the biggest comeback in the NFL for the Bills as their QB.
A larger part was the Bill's defense making a clever adjustment at halftime to shutdown the Oiler's run-and-shoot offense. Other teams followed with a similar zone type defense in the next few years to make the high octane passing system almost extinct.

FakeNameChanged
12-27-2016, 05:53 PM
A larger part was the Bill's defense making a clever adjustment at halftime to shutdown the Oiler's run-and-shoot offense. Other teams followed with a similar zone type defense in the next few years to make the high octane passing system almost extinct.
Rex would probably be a better defensive coord. than his brother. The Redskins could use some help. I'm still not sold on Gruden, either Jay or Jon.

JustRalph
12-27-2016, 06:10 PM
I'm sure he will put his best foot forward

ReplayRandall
12-27-2016, 06:30 PM
I'm still not sold on Gruden, either Jay or Jon.

Stifle yourself, both Jay and Jon are winners....

ReplayRandall
12-27-2016, 07:22 PM

If challenges existed in the NFL back in the 90's game against the Oilers, nobody would know who Frank Reich Jr. was.....Fact, Bills never would have won the game.

ElKabong
12-27-2016, 09:22 PM

I see what you did there :)

barahona44
12-27-2016, 09:52 PM
Wes Welker got there first

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WCb17psf8A

garyscpa
12-27-2016, 11:17 PM
Won't be a HC in the NFL anymore, unlike baseball, basketball and hockey,coaches who get fired twice never get a third bite at the apple.

Tell that to Mike Shanahan. :)

barahona44
12-28-2016, 12:10 AM
You're right , I should have said rarely.Norv Turner also comes to mind.At least Shanahan won 2 Super Bowls.
And there's a large club of people who have been fired by Al Davis and Daniel Snyder.Or both. :)

kingfin66
12-28-2016, 12:53 AM

And Pete Carroll.

Valuist
12-28-2016, 12:07 PM
Teams like Buffalo, Cleveland and Detroit are up against it free agent, wise. Players don't want to play in those places.

cj
12-28-2016, 05:51 PM
Should have never gotten rid of Jim Schwartz just to give his brother another cushy gig he didn't earn.

elysiantraveller
12-29-2016, 11:43 AM
Should have never gotten rid of Jim Schwartz just to give his brother another cushy gig he didn't earn.

I recall you went to school with him.

He can coach and might get the HC at Buffalo but his (my) Lions teams lacked a lot of discipline under him.

barahona44
01-01-2017, 07:04 AM
I think Mike McCoy of the Chargers will be filing for unemployment insurance on Monday.When you lose to the Browns....

JustRalph
01-01-2017, 10:02 AM
Kubiak quits

burnsy
01-01-2017, 10:58 AM

Agreed, he was already in hot water if they didn't win. Then he hired his brother, a guy that has not gotten a defense together in years. Their defense and defensive discipline was the problem all year long.........he (Rex) was on "The Final Countdown" to begin with and that was probably the final straw. I mean, the team played well, injured and a very hard schedule but the defense gave some of those close games away. That's the diff between 8-8, 7-9 or 10-6 in this league. Living in NY, the Giants had the same problem last year, of course, they fixed their defense and turned it around. The Bills have players and can't turn the corner. Time to go higher into the management and clean house. That's the problem with the "new" NFL, Rex is not the only problem in Buffalo. They need people ABOVE the coach that know what the hell they are doing.

Secondbest
01-01-2017, 12:37 PM
Kubiak quits
He's not well

Tom
01-01-2017, 03:13 PM
Buffalo shows up today with the wrong coaches, the wrong players, and the wrong game plan. But they are executing it perfectly.

Guess the plan was to slap the paying fan sin the face one last time this year with their unique brand of garbage play.

At least they didn't wear their blue jammies today.

Secondbest
01-01-2017, 05:45 PM
Buffalo shows up today with the wrong coaches, the wrong players, and the wrong game plan. But they are executing it perfectly.

Guess the plan was to slap the paying fan sin the face one last time this year with their unique brand of garbage play.

At least they didn't wear their blue jammies today.
When you lose by 20 to the Jets that says a lot about your desire ,last game or no.

barahona44
01-02-2017, 10:44 AM
Chip Kelly out with the 49ers.Forget the Kapernaeck kneeling debacle, this is going to be a bad team for at least the next couple of years.San Francisco may have to settle for a retread coach instead of the next hot young stud coordinator.

Robert Fischer
01-02-2017, 11:22 AM
To win in the NFL, you either need to capitalize on the current system ( high octane passing game, bend-don't-break defense, Quality offense of line, and a versatility on both sides of the ball), or you need to do some really innovative shit.

Many of these teams are just happy to be part of the NFL and generating revenue. That creates a market for guys like Chip Kelly or RG3, to be brought in And hyped to boost ratings and seat license sales.