PDA

View Full Version : Santa Anita 26 Dec Race one Photo Finish

hardspun13
12-26-2016, 03:57 PM
Did anyone catch the first race at Santa Anita today? It was a photo between the 2 and 6 horse. I had money on the 2 to win, but they put the 6 up instead. I thought the 2 won, but it could just be me wanting my win. The stewards also didn't show the photo of the race either. Is it fishy that they didn't show the photo to the public?

andtheyreoff
12-26-2016, 04:01 PM
They did show the photo finish on the track feed. Several people posted photos of it on twitter.

hardspun13
12-26-2016, 04:32 PM
How did it look. I don't have twitter, and my twins spires account feed didn't show it, or I could have just missed it. It's ok I made up for hitting the $1 tri and 10 cent super in race 3 when the 9 went all funny in the stretch.

upthecreek
12-26-2016, 04:37 PM
It will be posted here at some point

http://www.santaanita.com/horse-racing/horsemen/

Dark Horse
12-26-2016, 05:13 PM
Did anyone catch the first race at Santa Anita today? It was a photo between the 2 and 6 horse. I had money on the 2 to win, but they put the 6 up instead. I thought the 2 won, but it could just be me wanting my win. The stewards also didn't show the photo of the race either. Is it fishy that they didn't show the photo to the public?

It's not necessarily fishy, but it's horrendous customer service. How can a main track be so crappy with their photos? Beyond belief.

I though the 2 won as well, and I had no money riding on the race.

1GCFAN
12-26-2016, 10:09 PM
I didn't have either on top but thought the 2 won. They showed the photo midway thru the betting of the next race. With today's technology these photos should be shown immediately. :p

EMD4ME
12-26-2016, 10:15 PM
I didn't have either on top but thought the 2 won. They showed the photo midway thru the betting of the next race. With today's technology these photos should be shown immediately. :p

I'm confused. If they had the photo to help them determine who won, then why did it take so long to post it? Did they call Desormeaux over for a review? :D

picojim
12-26-2016, 10:49 PM
heres the enlarged photo

AltonKelsey
12-26-2016, 11:16 PM
Tinfoil hat crowd should be having fun with this.

The 6's ears and jockey are well behind the 2, but the nose is in front.

Unless it's distortion, the winners head is a lot longer. Might be that hidden 'capping angle you've been looking for.

arw629
12-26-2016, 11:30 PM
I saw a twitter post that Trakus had the winner by a neck?

cj
12-26-2016, 11:33 PM
I saw a twitter post that Trakus had the winner by a neck?

Yes, true. Trakus just isn't as accurate as some people think but it does have its uses. It certainly isn't meant to replace the photo finish system which is much more accurate in that regard.

linrom1
12-26-2016, 11:36 PM

Unless it's distortion, the winners head is a lot longer. Might be that hidden 'capping angle you've been looking for.

Photoshopped!

Fred Mertz
12-26-2016, 11:46 PM

By now, you should know to bet on the horse with the longest nose.
:jump:

HuggingTheRail
12-27-2016, 12:03 AM
Photoshopped!

No kidding....you can see Liquid Paper drops.....

chenoa
12-27-2016, 12:48 AM
I'm confused. If they had the photo to help them determine who won, then why did it take so long to post it? Did they call Desormeaux over for a review? :D

Where is Kent lately??

Haven't seen a twitter tirade in almost a month now!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

NorCalGreg
12-27-2016, 06:12 AM
By now, you should know to bet on the horse with the longest nose.
:jump:

:lol: I like it....A new angle " THE "LN" tip

davew
12-27-2016, 07:27 AM
trakus sensor is in saddlecloth

website has the attached pic

EMD4ME
12-27-2016, 07:59 AM
:lol: I like it....A new angle " THE "LN" tip

Love the signature :lol: :lol: even though it could be a slap at me :lol:

stuball
12-27-2016, 10:06 AM
would the LN be in the form pp's or is that propriety breeding info?

ronsmac
12-27-2016, 07:36 PM
Yes, true. Trakus just isn't as accurate as some people think but it does have its uses. It certainly isn't meant to replace the photo finish system which is much more accurate in that regard.I'm probably late to the party here, but I noticed that the Trakus times appear to be the official times for all of Santa Anita's races. Is this something new?

threegoldstars
12-27-2016, 07:44 PM
Perhaps it is an illusion created by the direction the head is moving? Look at the front legs.

cj
12-27-2016, 09:09 PM
I'm probably late to the party here, but I noticed that the Trakus times appear to be the official times for all of Santa Anita's races. Is this something new?

Think it has been two years now.

jdhanover
12-27-2016, 10:04 PM
Just watched the replay...I think the 6 simply head-bobbed at the right instant. Move the wire a foot either direction and the 2 wins, but if you watch you can see the 6's head come down just as they get to the wire. Obviously just at the very right moment. Super close though.