PDA

View Full Version : New Santa Anita website comments?

cj
12-26-2016, 03:27 PM
Sucks if you ask me.

Tom
12-26-2016, 04:11 PM
Total garbage.
Some airhead who has never placed a bet and never tried to use a track website to get information must have designed it. Like the airhead who did BRIS.

Any any site that puts a video on the home screen is insulting their customers.
And since when is Trakus interactive? Incompetent, maybe, but interactive???
:ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

ldiatone
12-26-2016, 04:15 PM
i like it :) xbtv feed

elhelmete
12-26-2016, 05:22 PM
Any any site that puts a video on the home screen is insulting their customers.

Oh puhlease...... :rolleyes:

elhelmete
12-26-2016, 05:24 PM
I haven't noticed a change from the last time I browsed there.

I'm generally not a fan of where website design is going these days but the SA site seems no better or worse than any other...

no breathalyzer
12-26-2016, 06:53 PM

:ThmbUp:

ldiatone
12-26-2016, 07:13 PM
but i have always liked when HRTV was on. now xbtv has the same people.

MNslappy
12-27-2016, 02:39 PM
Another boring Wordpress site. Wordpress is dominating web design these days. My problem with it is almost every single WP based design looks exactly the same. The colors and fonts might differ, but the basic design is the same. Between Bootstrap and Wordpress web design seems like it's getting less creative as time goes on, not more.

Meh...Not a fan of video as the page background either.

DeltaLover
12-27-2016, 02:54 PM
SA's new site is another perfect example of how to build a very bad web page. Unfortunately horse racing is an industry with no shortage in this kind of examples, with BRIS, DRF and NYRA to be leading the field.

How difficult it is for a race track like SA to hire a team of professional UX / WEB developers and allow them to build something functional and useful?

Delta Cone
12-27-2016, 03:14 PM
The website looks exactly the same as it did last year. I don't see anything new.

PaceAdvantage
12-27-2016, 03:18 PM
Sames. I don't go to that site often, but I seem to remember the "video" background and don't know exactly what is remarkably different...but then again, I hardly ever go there and haven't been there in a while....so....I'm probably way off base.

cj
12-27-2016, 03:38 PM
I don't go to track sites very often so maybe it isn't as "new" as I thought, but it is hard to find a lot of things I used to find easily.

DeltaLover
12-27-2016, 03:43 PM
I don't go to track sites very often so maybe it isn't as "new" as I thought, but it is hard to find a lot of things I used to find easily.

New or old the site is terrible..

JustRalph
12-27-2016, 06:07 PM

Looks the same to me, except for that video running automatically in the background.

Lemon Drop Husker
12-27-2016, 06:11 PM
Looks the same to me, except for that video running automatically in the background.

Different.

Don't see all the fuss. I visit the site regularly.

The problem with most sites anymore are the Ads and the streaming video. Reality is, they are all looking to make a profit. Shocking, I know, but reality.

Get off Google. Get an Ad Blocker.

rsetup
12-27-2016, 09:33 PM
:ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

I love the site. It passed my number 1 requirement: I can actually arrow up and down all of the pages (at least the ones I checked). If so many think the site is terrible, I can direct you to any number of other sites where using the arrow or page down key gets you no where. I'm not a fan of the mouse click.

P.S. It appears that the tab key is actually functional as well. I'm shocked. Kudos. :ThmbUp:

Track Phantom
12-28-2016, 01:27 AM
:ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

I love the site. It passed my number 1 requirement: I can actually arrow up and down all of the pages (at least the ones I checked). If so many think the site is terrible, I can direct you to any number of other sites where using the arrow or page down key gets you no where. I'm not a fan of the mouse click.

P.S. It appears that the tab key is actually functional as well. I'm shocked. Kudos. :ThmbUp:
Top website priority is up and down arrow usage said no one ever until tonight.

NorCalGreg
12-28-2016, 04:21 AM
I like it. Compared to the bland, dated sliders @ Gulfstream - Santa Anita is state of the art.

Tracks that spend the big money have a site like this one here:

http://www.fingerlakesgaming.com/Racing.aspx