PDA

View Full Version : Samsung A 10.1 Tablet

EMD4ME
12-23-2016, 08:15 PM
Saw it in a store today. Tried to sign in to DRF :lol: :lol: :blush: but it went right to DRF Tablet, which I don't like. I like the Formulator that I see on my laptop. I'm told and have experienced that you need Adobe Flash to access the "normal" version of Formulator.

1) I contacted Samsung, they said you can not download Adobe Flash on their tablet

2) I googled it and found multiple vidoes that say you can.

Which one is true?

Anyone on here been through this? I want DRF Formulator on my tablet and refuse to buy a tablet unless I can use Formulator (and see it exactly the way I do on my laptop).

Formulator (normal version) users, what tablet do you use?

I had a surface 2, it broke twice, I refuse to fix it again. Want a new something.

Can you help a tech idiot out please?

kingfin66
12-23-2016, 09:49 PM
I don't use Formulator so I cannot speak to how it will work on a tablet. I do own a Samsung tablet and am generally very happy with it. One thing that you should keep in mind is that Chrome has a box that you can check to see the desktop version of any site. I do this with many sites when the mobile version comes up. The nice thing is that Chrome remembers the setting for each site.

EMD4ME
12-23-2016, 10:02 PM
I don't use Formulator so I cannot speak to how it will work on a tablet. I do own a Samsung tablet and am generally very happy with it. One thing that you should keep in mind is that Chrome has a box that you can check to see the desktop version of any site. I do this with many sites when the mobile version comes up. The nice thing is that Chrome remembers the setting for each site.

That is excellent information.

Where is this "box"? Is it on every site? Right click it? Where do I find it please? I'll test it tomorrow in the store, if I can.

Thank you!

kingfin66
12-23-2016, 11:43 PM
When you are in Chrome, look all the way to the right side of the screen (upper right). There are three vertical dots to indicate settings. Click on it to get the settings drop down. You should see a small box with the caption, Request Desktop.

More info at this link: http://www.techbout.com/request-desktop-version-website-android-phone-17720/

EMD4ME
12-24-2016, 07:06 AM
Much obliged again !

kingfin66
12-24-2016, 11:19 AM
You're welcome. Good luck!