PDA

View Full Version : Desert Flowers

Teach
12-20-2016, 09:07 AM
Gold, purple, pink, and white wildflowers. Every so often -- sometimes decades apart -- places like Death Valley will be awash with an eye-catching array of beautiful flowers. The conditions have to be just right. Perfect. For this display to occur. Flower-watchers – floraphiles – have documented that the early-to-mid 1930s and early 50s were among the peak years for these displays.

Well, it appears that conditions are just right in these later years of the second decade of the 21st century for this occurrence to take place, once again.

You see it’s a latent-type phenomenon. The seedlings on the desert floor don’t go away. They remain there, unspoiled, until everything, rains, etc., come together, perfectly. Well, those “seedlings” have been waiting “patiently” in the woodwork, so to speak. But now…

With the election of Donald Trump, they will have a chance to emerge. They’ve been waiting “for the longest time”. Even before Donald Trump has taken the oath of office, we’ve begun to seen the first crop. I believe this is just a harbinger of things to come.

In a nutshell, conditions in this country, they’re a-changing. I fear that bigotry, hatred, etc. that has heretofore been, for the most part, covert, will now be on full-display. I fear that the flood-gates will soon be opened. I’m concerned to think that we might not know our wonderful country as we once knew it. I’m fearful that a magnetic-like force will sweep this country. Polarization.

Oh, I hope that I’m wrong. But the signs are there. Only in this case, it won’t be desert flowers.

Tom
12-20-2016, 09:18 AM
Dude, seek help.
You need it.

Inner Dirt
12-20-2016, 09:32 AM
I guess you must have missed all the race riots we had under the 8 years of Obama. Killing of police by criminals is up over 50% from last year. A lot of those were ambushes of police by BLM members and supporters. Of course liberals are fine when racism comes from blacks and is directed at whites.
Obama fans the flames of racial divide like throwing gasoline on a fire.
Funny how liberals were running around celebrating the election of Obama like the second coming of GOD, and bemoaning Trump like the devil has came to Earth. This all before neither served a day in office.

johnhannibalsmith
12-20-2016, 09:51 AM
Get a grip.

Teach
12-20-2016, 09:56 AM
Johnhannibalsmith -

What do you thing "A Clockwork Orange" is? Mind-control. Behavior modification. We all become robots. Did you see "The Manchurian Candidate"?

davew
12-20-2016, 10:04 AM
Johnhannibalsmith -

What do you thing "A Clockwork Orange" is? Mind-control. Behavior modification. We all become robots. Did you see "The Manchurian Candidate"?

Already happened, but the muslim'churian' president is leaving, and soon the DOJ war on police will be over as well.

Tom
12-20-2016, 10:08 AM
Someone needs a Swiss Miss.

Teach
12-20-2016, 10:13 AM
Tom -

I could use one; I heard they're good. Naw, on second thought, hot chocolate won't do it!

Inner Dirt
12-20-2016, 10:21 AM
Johnhannibalsmith -

You are getting good at swallowing all the crap the Democrats are spoon feeding you. It is obvious a lot of liberals cannot think for themselves. If you asked the average liberal a few years back if they thought drag queens should use the ladies room they would have said no. now strangely enough they are all for it. It is like a cult following, I know plenty of liberals that think from A-Z along party lines.

Teach
12-20-2016, 10:31 AM
Inner Dirt -

Don't go after me. I'm the second-coming of Herb Philbrick.

ElKabong
12-20-2016, 10:47 AM
Why is it that you left wing whack jobs post these 20 paragraph ramblings? After your first paragraph you and your ilk made your point....(that you're certifiable crazy)

Clocker
12-20-2016, 10:52 AM
Even before Donald Trump has taken the oath of office, we’ve begun to seen the first crop. I believe this is just a harbinger of things to come.

In a nutshell, conditions in this country, they’re a-changing. I fear that bigotry, hatred, etc. that has heretofore been, for the most part, covert, will now be on full-display.

You mean like moonbats on parade with "Trump is not my president" signs? Hate mail and death threats to Electoral College members?

RunForTheRoses
12-20-2016, 10:58 AM
I don't know which is worse, his lame ass political postings or his earlier mastabatory screeds about being a teacher and going to Aqueduct, they were boring as fluck and a warning of his diseased mental state.

JustRalph
12-20-2016, 11:21 AM
I don't know which is worse, his lame ass political postings or his earlier mastabatory screeds about being a teacher and going to Aqueduct, they were boring as fluck and a warning of his diseased mental state.

Laughed so hard the dog started barking at me........

AndyC
12-20-2016, 11:36 AM
...In a nutshell, conditions in this country, they’re a-changing. I fear that bigotry, hatred, etc. that has heretofore been, for the most part, covert, will now be on full-display. I fear that the flood-gates will soon be opened. I’m concerned to think that we might not know our wonderful country as we once knew it. I’m fearful that a magnetic-like force will sweep this country. Polarization.

Oh, I hope that I’m wrong. But the signs are there. Only in this case, it won’t be desert flowers.

So your wish is just to keep the hatred for Christians, police, military, conservatives, US citizens and anti-progressive policy opinion on full display? There has been nothing covert about the hatred that is being spewed today. Clean up your own house before telling other people how dirty theirs are. God forbid the rest of society gets a shot at having their voices heard.

johnhannibalsmith
12-20-2016, 11:36 AM
Johnhannibalsmith -

What do you thing "A Clockwork Orange" is? ...

The good news is that between the original print edition, the ones that omitted the final chapter, and the film adaptation - the mind isn't that easily defeated and the outcome is a matter of preference.

Teach
12-20-2016, 12:34 PM
Keep the ad hominem attacks coming. Is there still room in the United States of America for differing opinions? Diversity? Or, is it my way or the highway? Us-They. We-Them.

AndyC
12-20-2016, 12:37 PM
Keep the ad hominem attacks coming. Is there still room in the United States of America for differing opinions? Diversity? Or, is it my way or the highway? Us-They. We-Them.

You tell me. College students can't bring conservative speakers on campus and people who want border security are deemed racist or bigots. And now you are looking for room for differing opinions? You're getting them now, deal with it.

Teach
12-20-2016, 12:40 PM
"Will someone shut that man up!" "Never"! John Adams, "1776".

Clocker
12-20-2016, 12:55 PM
"Will someone shut that man up!" "Never"! John Adams, "1776".

There were obviously no safe spaces at Harvard when John Adams attended. :p

ReplayRandall
12-20-2016, 12:57 PM

For the last 8 years, what do you think was going on? Now the shoe's on the other foot, and we get this hypocritical kind of post from you.....Doesn't surprise me at all.

boxcar
12-20-2016, 01:24 PM
Gold, purple, pink, and white wildflowers. Every so often -- sometimes decades apart -- places like Death Valley will be awash with an eye-catching array of beautiful flowers. The conditions have to be just right. Perfect. For this display to occur. Flower-watchers – floraphiles – have documented that the early-to-mid 1930s and early 50s were among the peak years for these displays.

Well, it appears that conditions are just right in these later years of the second decade of the 21st century for this occurrence to take place, once again.

You see it’s a latent-type phenomenon. The seedlings on the desert floor don’t go away. They remain there, unspoiled, until everything, rains, etc., come together, perfectly. Well, those “seedlings” have been waiting “patiently” in the woodwork, so to speak. But now…

With the election of Donald Trump, they will have a chance to emerge. They’ve been waiting “for the longest time”. Even before Donald Trump has taken the oath of office, we’ve begun to seen the first crop. I believe this is just a harbinger of things to come.

In a nutshell, conditions in this country, they’re a-changing. I fear that bigotry, hatred, etc. that has heretofore been, for the most part, covert, will now be on full-display. I fear that the flood-gates will soon be opened. I’m concerned to think that we might not know our wonderful country as we once knew it. I’m fearful that a magnetic-like force will sweep this country. Polarization.

You need to keep up. Obama thinks that racism is and has been very much alive and well and overt in this country.

boxcar
12-20-2016, 01:26 PM
Johnhannibalsmith -

Have you considered disconnecting your signal?

Clocker
12-20-2016, 01:48 PM
Have you considered disconnecting your signal?

And make sure your tin foil hat is made with the shiny side out. :p

stuball
12-20-2016, 01:50 PM
With the weather in Wisconsin lately I try to have a 1 Swiss Miss every
day

Someone needs a Swiss Miss.
Stuball

Jess Hawsen Arown
12-20-2016, 06:27 PM

There's the sign post up ahead. Next stop, The Twilight Zone.

Jess Hawsen Arown
12-20-2016, 06:33 PM
I guess you must have missed all the race riots we had under the 8 years of Obama. Killing of police by criminals is up over 50% from last year. A lot of those were ambushes of police by BLM members and supporters. Of course liberals are fine when racism comes from blacks and is directed at whites.
Funny how liberals were running around celebrating the election of Obama like the second coming of GOD, and bemoaning Trump like the devil has came to Earth. This all before neither served a day in office.

Yup, Obama is the most blatant racist President since Woodrow Wilson.

Seems like Princeton U in the spirit of the bigot Obama, has rejected students protests to remove the name of that misogynist bigot, Wilson, from their property.

Teach
12-20-2016, 06:51 PM
Jess Hawsen Arown -

Wilson...the misogynist bigot..." What is Preseident-elect Trump? Excerpted from The Atlantic (June 2016).

On Donald Trump's mystifying personality:

"The same feeling perplexed Mark Singer in the late 1990s when he was working on a profile of Trump for The New Yorker. Singer wondered what went through his mind when he was not playing the public role of Donald Trump. What are you thinking about, Singer asked him, when you are shaving in front of the mirror in the morning? Trump, Singer writes, appeared baffled. Hoping to uncover the man behind the actor’s mask, Singer tried a different tack:

“O.K., I guess I’m asking, do you consider yourself ideal company?”

“You really want to know what I consider ideal company?,” Trump replied. “A total piece of ass.”

thaskalos
12-20-2016, 06:57 PM
Are you still teaching, Teach?

JustRalph
12-20-2016, 07:51 PM
You'd think Trump was going to legalize slavery again.

Or Kill all homosexuals.

Strip women of all their rights.

He's going to be Prez. He didn't convert to Islam

ReplayRandall
12-20-2016, 08:05 PM

He's still teaching Communism, it's as plain as day, and you can't see it, Gus?

MutuelClerk
12-20-2016, 08:48 PM
Get out of Denver baby go!!!!!!

JustRalph
12-20-2016, 09:43 PM
Get out of Denver baby go!!!!!!

Top five albums ever 👍

PaceAdvantage
12-20-2016, 11:39 PM
Teach, I suggest you go save the world from Donald Trump...personally...be a hero for the world! :rolleyes:

Tom
12-21-2016, 07:57 AM
“You really want to know what I consider ideal company?,” Trump replied. “A total piece of ass.”

OK....so what?

Tom
12-21-2016, 07:58 AM

GAWD, I hope not, but judging from the dumbing down of our kids, I suspect he is.

mostpost
12-21-2016, 12:36 PM
More nonsense from you and Donald Trump. In the eight years of the Bush Administration and seven years of the Obama administration, eight of the top ten years for officer related deaths came during the Bush administration. The five lowest years came during the Obama administration. As for 2016, if the trend continues, 2016 will rank 11th in officers killed over the two administrations.

I would also point out that between 1975 and the present the number of police officers nationwide has increased 70% while the death rate has decreased 67%.

Inner Dirt
12-21-2016, 01:04 PM
More nonsense from you and Donald Trump. In the eight years of the Bush Administration and seven years of the Obama administration, eight of the top ten years for officer related deaths came during the Bush administration. The five lowest years came during the Obama administration. As for 2016, if the trend continues, 2016 will rank 11th in officers killed over the two administrations.

I would also point out that between 1975 and the present the number of police officers nationwide has increased 70% while the death rate has decreased 67%.

What I posted is fact, not nonsense. Why don't you crawl back under the rock you hid under while you were crying your eyes out over the hag losing.

FantasticDan
12-21-2016, 01:07 PM
What I posted is fact, not nonsense. Why don't you crawl back under the rock you hid under while you were crying your eyes out over the hag losing.Now that's a top notch rebuttal of Mosty's numbers :D :ThmbUp:

Tom
12-21-2016, 01:10 PM
How serious of a debate can one have with a twit?

FantasticDan
12-21-2016, 01:32 PM
And again.. one posts stats, one calls names. :D :ThmbUp:

Tom
12-21-2016, 01:37 PM
We have seen his stats before.
Libs and numbers - not a good match.

btw, all those Never Trump stats, the no way to 270 stats.....how'd they work out fer ya all? :lol::lol::lol:

Inner Dirt
12-21-2016, 02:02 PM
Now that's a top notch rebuttal of Mosty's numbers :D :ThmbUp:

I said police killed by criminals is up over 50% from last year. 42 were killed in 2015, 64 in 2016 as of December 13th. That is fact. It is hard for me to dignify that condescending jerk with a response. The self proclaimed genius that had a career at a post office.:lol:

FantasticDan
12-21-2016, 02:03 PM
Projections, historical records.. MEH.. they're all the same :D :ThmbUp:

FantasticDan
12-21-2016, 02:12 PM
I said police killed by criminals is up over 50% from last year. 42 were killed in 2015, 64 in 2016 as of December 13th. That is fact. It is hard for me to dignify that condescending jerk with a response. The self proclaimed genius that had a career at a post office.:lol:Uh-huh, and then Mosty simply put those numbers in a context across the administrations of the past 16 years, and then added on some numbers since 1975.

And this simple thing made you angry enough to call him names and then insult his former occupation.

What's your occupation? If I were to come up with something commensurate with the intelligence of your posts.. airport baggage handler?

Tom
12-21-2016, 02:31 PM
airport baggage handler?

Welcome to the bottom.:lol:

Inner Dirt
12-21-2016, 03:34 PM
Uh-huh, and then Mosty simply put those numbers in a context across the administrations of the past 16 years, and then added on some numbers since 1975.

And this simple thing made you angry enough to call him names and then insult his former occupation.

What's your occupation? If I were to come up with something commensurate with the intelligence of your posts.. airport baggage handler?

The guy has called me a liar numerous times when I was just posting my personal issues with what Obamacare did for my health insurance. I even PMed him and he did not respond to me. My annoyance with him has built over time, I was really hoping he would stay away after the election, but no such luck. I insulted his occupation because he is condescending to anyone who doesn't share his political views and implies he is smarter than every Republican on the planet. He actually has stated that. If he is as smart as he thinks he is why did he waste his life delivering mail, something you could train a monkey to do?

As for me I took his I.Q. test challenge he posted here and posted a link to my score that was higher than his, yet I don't go around bragging how much smarter I am than everyone. What do I do for a living? I hold positions from janitor to CEO. I own a small machine shop, used to manufacture and market my own products and at my peak had 5 employees. The recession pretty much killed off the industry I serviced so
I had to lay everyone off and became an army of one. I now do job shop work. I use to to do a lot of DOD work mostly making small replacement parts for everything from small arms to missiles and tanks. I moved to a remote location and my satellite internet does not work with the DOD site so I had to discontinue working for them.

I have no problem with what anyone does for a living until they tell me how smart and well informed they are and how stupid and clueless I am and their life's path does not scream genius. It might be a small sample but I ship my work mostly using the post office and use numerous locations. I have found the people who work there on average to be lazy and uninformed even when it comes to their job. Considering that I have to doubt that the post office has many Mensa candidates working there.

Inner Dirt
12-21-2016, 03:36 PM

I am not qualified for that job, I do not lose or damage things.:lol:

mostpost
12-21-2016, 08:43 PM
The guy has called me a liar numerous times when I was just posting my personal issues with what Obamacare did for my health insurance. I even PMed him and he did not respond to me. My annoyance with him has built over time, I was really hoping he would stay away after the election, but no such luck. I insulted his occupation because he is condescending to anyone who doesn't share his political views and implies he is smarter than every Republican on the planet. He actually has stated that. If he is as smart as he thinks he is why did he waste his life delivering mail, something you could train a monkey to do?
I just looked at my PMs. I don't see any from you. What you think is me calling you a liar is most likely just me telling you that you are wrong.
As for me I took his I.Q. test challenge he posted here and posted a link to my score that was higher than his, yet I don't go around bragging how much smarter I am than everyone. What do I do for a living? I hold positions from janitor to CEO. I own a small machine shop, used to manufacture and market my own products and at my peak had 5 employees. The recession pretty much killed off the industry I serviced so
I had to lay everyone off and became an army of one. I now do job shop work. I use to to do a lot of DOD work mostly making small replacement parts for everything from small arms to missiles and tanks. I moved to a remote location and my satellite internet does not work with the DOD site so I had to discontinue working for them.

I have no problem with what anyone does for a living until they tell me how smart and well informed they are and how stupid and clueless I am and their life's path does not scream genius. It might be a small sample but I ship my work mostly using the post office and use numerous locations. I have found the people who work there on average to be lazy and uninformed even when it comes to their job. Considering that I have to doubt that the post office has many Mensa candidates working there.
fice work
A person who had a maximum of five employees is not a CEO. I don't doubt that it takes a certain skill set to run or work in a machine shop. Precision is obviously a prime requisite.

I worked at the Post Office for more than 25 years. My experience, based on those 25 years-not an occasional visit-is that most employees are both dedicated and knowledgeable.

Although they involve different skills, Post Office work is no less worthy than working at a machine shop. Which is more difficult? Managing five or less workers, or managing 20 Letter Carriers and a dozen clerks; plus dealing with over 150 customers each day.

Tom
12-21-2016, 08:58 PM
Which is more difficult? Managing five or less workers, or managing 20 Letter Carriers and a dozen clerks; plus dealing with over 150 customers each day

Machine shop.
And YES, a CEO doesn't matter how many employees.
CEO is far more than a manger.

150 customers???
A Mickey Dee's drive through does that in an hour.

Inner Dirt
12-21-2016, 10:49 PM
fice work
A person who had a maximum of five employees is not a CEO. I don't doubt that it takes a certain skill set to run or work in a machine shop. Precision is obviously a prime requisite.

I worked at the Post Office for more than 25 years. My experience, based on those 25 years-not an occasional visit-is that most employees are both dedicated and knowledgeable.

Although they involve different skills, Post Office work is no less worthy than working at a machine shop. Which is more difficult? Managing five or less workers, or managing 20 Letter Carriers and a dozen clerks; plus dealing with over 150 customers each day.

You have no idea what it takes to run a machine shop or what skills I have, I doubt you have ever even set foot in a machine shop. I have been in a post office hundreds of times and my only neighbor I talk to retired as a supervisor. Please tell me how working in a post office requires intelligence.
That really wasn't my point in the first place. It is that you are a condescending jerk that acts that you are smarter than everyone. Usually a person with a big ego like yourself has something they accomplished in life that makes them proud of themselves, not someone who did a job a trained monkey can do. I sent you the PM months ago when you told me to post copies of my medical bills. I guess you forgot about that.

ElKabong
12-22-2016, 01:09 AM
My annoyance with him has built over time,

Word for word, couldn't agree more.

As for your business, I'm very sorry to hear about the recession setting you back. Years ago I was a sourcing manager for an aerospace company, I have the utmost respect for people that run (quality) machine shops. The people that run those businesses are as intelligent and business savvy as any set of business owners I came across. Amazing people.

Inner Dirt
12-22-2016, 10:26 AM

Word for word, couldn't agree more.

As for your business, I'm very sorry to hear about the recession setting you back. Years ago I was a sourcing manager for an aerospace company, I have the utmost respect for people that run (quality) machine shops. The people that run those businesses are as intelligent and business savvy as any set of business owners I came across. Amazing people.

I was a unique case. I designed and manufactured my own custom charging systems for limousines. So you can add electrical and manufacturing engineer to the hats I wore. With my jack of all trades skill set I controlled all aspects of the products. I designed products that were easy to install, manufacture and were as durable as possible. I had the trifecta, lowest price, easiest installation and best warranty compared to the competition. I was set to run the competition into the ground and was gaining market share by the month, problem is the market started shrinking at a rapid pace. I went from 23 active customers to ZERO in two years. Customers either went out of business, did other work like convert standard models to police cars, or made smaller less equipped limousines that didn't need upgraded charging systems. Since most limousines manufactured are sold to transportation companies and not celebrities the recession wiped them out and with the over production during the real estate boom it pretty much hasn't rebounded a bit since I sold my last system in 2010.

Moral of the story what I do and have done requires more than just being a machinist in a machine shop. I called myself CEO as a joke, notice I also claimed to be a janitor, but our local condescending jerk jumped all over the CEO part. I still am shocked how a lot of liberals view those who don't think like them politically as being extremely less intelligent. What I find funny is in my personal life and on another forum where liberals outnumber conservatives 5-1 I have challenged a handful of those calling me stupid
to an I.Q. test. Only one took me up with the condition I find one without any math in it.:lol:

I kind of figure people that vote different them me do it depending on where there money comes from. If you own a gay bar or work for the EPA you are going to vote for Democrats. I respect that, I won't demean them or call them stupid for voting for who supports what work feeds their family.
Notice I said "work."

mostpost
12-22-2016, 03:40 PM
You have no idea what it takes to run a machine shop or what skills I have, I doubt you have ever even set foot in a machine shop. I have been in a post office hundreds of times and my only neighbor I talk to retired as a supervisor. Please tell me how working in a post office requires intelligence.
That really wasn't my point in the first place. It is that you are a condescending jerk that acts that you are smarter than everyone. Usually a person with a big ego like yourself has something they accomplished in life that makes them proud of themselves, not someone who did a job a trained monkey can do. I sent you the PM months ago when you told me to post copies of my medical bills. I guess you forgot about that.
Therein lies your problem. You only have one neighbor you talk to. I talk to Chuck, Joann, Adam, Kristen, Georgette, Corey, Mary Lou, Tiffany Joan, Tom, Ann, Arthur and Irene. And that is just on my floor and my building.

I definitely never received a copy of your medical bills, nor would I ask for such a thing. You are obviously confusing me with someone else; or you are confusing PA with another wacko right wing forum.

Inner Dirt
12-22-2016, 04:26 PM
Therein lies your problem. You only have one neighbor you talk to. I talk to Chuck, Joann, Adam, Kristen, Georgette, Corey, Mary Lou, Tiffany Joan, Tom, Ann, Arthur and Irene. And that is just on my floor and my building.

I definitely never received a copy of your medical bills, nor would I ask for such a thing. You are obviously confusing me with someone else; or you are confusing PA with another wacko right wing forum.

Now we can add liar to your list of disturbing traits. Since the candidate you supported for president is the biggest liar on the planet I suppose you consider being a liar a good trait. I did not post my medical bills, but you did ask me to prove my claims I said it was cheaper to be uninsured and pay cash than have a 70% coverage plan even if it was free. I was told by places I contracted medical tests from they normally bill insurance companies much higher charges than cash customers, you called me a liar and told me to prove it, how else could I without posting my medical bills?

As for talking to my neighbor he was a supervisor, he is the one that told me how incompetent and stupid the workers in the local post offices are. I also interact with post office workers quite frequently. I find them to be lazy and uninformed, one lady who runs the small post office 5 miles from me is constantly on the phone, complains if someone doesn't sit the package on the counter prepaid and ready to go and has locked the doors
before the lunch shut down and closing time. Another one 8 miles in the other direction will answer most questions concerning services with "I don't know, just look on the internet." I could go on and on. Once again tell me what part of that job requires any more intelligence than it takes to work the counter at McDonald's, it doesn't.