PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl

pandy
12-19-2016, 07:39 AM
Could this be another Giants-Pats, Eli-Tom match up? Round 3, the rubber match? Right now I think that's the most likely scenario. The Patriots look solid to get in another Super Bowl. The NFC is more wide open but the way the Giants defense is playing, if they stay healthy, they have a great shot. They beat Dallas, the top seed, twice this year.

MutuelClerk
12-19-2016, 10:10 AM
I'd rather see a Raiders vs Cowboys match up. One team I love. One team I hate. Makes it easy for me. And yes, it's all about me. :)

FakeNameChanged
12-19-2016, 10:43 AM
Could this be another Giants-Pats, Eli-Tom match up? Round 3, the rubber match? Right now I think that's the most likely scenario. The Patriots look solid to get in another Super Bowl. The NFC is more wide open but the way the Giants defense is playing, if they stay healthy, they have a great shot. They beat Dallas, the top seed, twice this year.
Maybe the Giants can bring David Tyree out of retirement for that game.

thaskalos
12-19-2016, 11:03 AM

With an aging, "overrated" quarterback...I don't see the Pats making it that far. :)

barahona44
12-19-2016, 11:07 AM
As a lifelong Big Blue fan, I certainly would not have a problem with the Giants winning another Super Bowl. :) However, I have not seen a single dominating offensive game from them this year.Almost every game is still in doubt up to the two minute warning and beyond.The good thing is the defense has been lights out the past several weeks and they may been peaking at just the right time. Still if the offense doesn't wake up, I don't see them getting to the Super Bowl. But a true Giants always assumes that!

pandy
12-19-2016, 11:16 AM
As a lifelong Big Blue fan, I certainly would not have a problem with the Giants winning another Super Bowl. :) However, I have not seen a single dominating offensive game from them this year.Almost every game is still in doubt up to the two minute warning and beyond.The good thing is the defense has been lights out the past several weeks and they may been peaking at just the right time. Still if the offense doesn't wake up, I don't see them getting to the Super Bowl. But a true Giants always assumes that!

The offense has been a disappointment. Last year they were ranked 5th overall. This year they have a better group of receivers but haven't been as potent. The looked more in sync yesterday.

Secondbest
12-19-2016, 01:33 PM
As a very long time giant fan.I hate to hear this kind of talk. They still have not clinched a playoff spot.Why not wait awhile before talking super bowl.

Robert Fischer
12-19-2016, 02:27 PM
I don't know.

as a fan/coach I like the Patriots. They have a 'cumulative effect' on teams, that is special. Opponents can play great football, and yet the sequence of plays begins to wear on defenses. Opponents get into these scenarios where they 'must sustain a drive' to rest their defense. And the Patriots show absolutely no mercy when they have an advantage.

I like the Cowboys a little bit because of having touted them prior to the season. They would be fun to root for.

I like the Steelers, because I am a Steelers fan. When they are at a peak, they can be as explosive as anyone. Nice to see Shazier developing into his potential on defense. Big game with Baltimore coming up next.

Seattle has a solid team, and anytime that you see a solid team have an easy division, that can be something to be aware of.

Valuist
12-19-2016, 03:18 PM
Without Gronk, I think the Steelers have a solid shot at taking NE down. Dallas is still the best team in the NFC. For whatever reason, they haven't matched up well vs the Giants, but even in the two losses, they were by a combined 4 points.

Zydeco
12-19-2016, 05:29 PM

Would it be a rubber match? Didn't the Giants win the first 2?

Bennie
12-19-2016, 05:50 PM
Scary team is going to be the Titans. They beat Detroit,Miami,Packers,Broncos and Chiefs.
Pat's get the Jets next at home then go to Miami, Pittsburgh have to get past the Ravens then get Cleveland at home, Giants have Philly away and Washington away. Two games they can win but never easy when these teams meet.
I wonder what the over under attendance will be at the 49ers/Rams game this coming weekend? 200?

Valuist
12-19-2016, 06:30 PM

The first two don't matter if you lose the third.

Nobody still is taking Atlanta seriously. They don't have the best defense, but its been getting better. The offense is the best. Ryan looks like a legit MVP candidate, along with Elliott of Dallas.

lamboguy
12-19-2016, 06:58 PM
Patriots +$175

Cowboys + $350

Seehawks + $500

Steelers +$800

Falcon's, Chiefs and Packers all + $1200

Robert Fischer
12-19-2016, 07:37 PM
Patriots +$175

Cowboys + $350

Seehawks + $500

Steelers +$800

Falcon's, Chiefs and Packers all + $1200

oooh forgot about the Packers

Valuist
12-19-2016, 07:54 PM
oooh forgot about the Packers

Packers aren't going anywhere. They were plus 3 in turnovers yesterday and were life and death to beat a bad Bears team.

pandy
12-20-2016, 07:59 AM

You're right! bad choice of words on my part.

Robert Fischer
12-20-2016, 03:53 PM
Packers aren't going anywhere. They were plus 3 in turnovers yesterday and were life and death to beat a bad Bears team.
probably right. :ThmbUp:

Zydeco
12-20-2016, 05:36 PM
You're right! bad choice of words on my part.

I knew what you meant....i just remebered the Giants winning those 2 Super Bowls after beating the Packers to get there. I could see a Pack-Giants NFC Championship this season....but it looks like the Pack is going nowhere. (See previous posts), :D

PhantomOnTour
12-20-2016, 06:25 PM
Huge showdown in Pittsburgh on Christmas btw the Steelers and Ravens. Winner will likely win the division and the loser will likely miss the playoffs.

ElKabong
12-21-2016, 03:05 AM
Id like to pick Dallas to win even tho I'm not a fan of theirs. But I do like their style of play. Any team that puts a premium on the o- line, is an automatic favorite to me. The offensive line is the heart and soul of any nfl team, imo

They do have a weakness right now, and that is Dak Prescott not being able to get the 'boys in the end zone consistently when given an opportunity the past three games. That may cost them in the playoffs. The defense has allowed them a lot gifts lately, they settle for fg attempts.

Dak has been damn good, but the past three weeks he's taken a step back. Put up a high completion rate vs Tampa bay but he didn't throw downfield much. He isn't able to put the team on his back at least for now. Ezekiel and the o line are carrying the offense

It would be nice to see Prescott develop even further. Right now he's a damn good puppet master of a qb, but they'll need him to be a playmaker at some,point in the playoffs

rastajenk
12-21-2016, 08:14 AM
Id like to pick Dallas to win even tho I'm not a fan of theirs. But I do like their style of play. I grew up not liking America's Team, and I've never warmed up to them since, especially during the Jerry Jones era, but I agree with this. Seeing Zeke do well is what gets my attention, but the rest of the team is pretty solid, too. If their playoff games are at home, and I guess they should be, they'll be tough to keep out of the Souper Bowl.

schweitz
12-21-2016, 11:10 AM
Id like to pick Dallas to win even tho I'm not a fan of theirs. But I do like their style of play. Any team that puts a premium on the o- line, is an automatic favorite to me. The offensive line is the heart and soul of any nfl team, imo

They do have a weakness right now, and that is Dak Prescott not being able to get the 'boys in the end zone consistently when given an opportunity the past three games. That may cost them in the playoffs. The defense has allowed them a lot gifts lately, they settle for fg attempts.

Dak has been damn good, but the past three weeks he's taken a step back. Put up a high completion rate vs Tampa bay but he didn't throw downfield much. He isn't able to put the team on his back at least for now. Ezekiel and the o line are carrying the offense

It would be nice to see Prescott develop even further. Right now he's a damn good puppet master of a qb, but they'll need him to be a playmaker at some,point in the playoffs
I have the exact same concerns that you do---and I am a fan.