PDA

View Full Version : Dead-Heat for Second at Aqueduct

Teach
12-18-2016, 01:01 PM
In the recently run 4th race at Aqueduct the #1 and #3 were declared to be in a dead-heat. Still unofficial as we speak; let's see the reverse angle, inside-out. The winner, #6, blocks the photo. I'd be screaming if I had #3.

lamboguy
12-18-2016, 01:09 PM
In the recently run 4th race at Aqueduct the #1 and #3 were declared to be in a dead-heat. Still unofficial as we speak; let's see the reverse angle, inside-out. The winner, #6, blocks the photo. I'd be screaming if I had #3.it must be me going crazy, but they sure as hell must be running their races without to much time inbetween. it must be a storm coming.

cj
12-18-2016, 01:13 PM
it must be me going crazy, but they sure as hell must be running their races without to much time inbetween. it must be a storm coming.

They have 11 races today, they started early and it gets dark pretty quick.

Teach
12-18-2016, 01:15 PM
Did anyone see the later photo? It wasn't even close for the place-dough. Placing judges, get a grip. Vindicated! And this is one the top tracks in the country. This ain't East Podunk.

Copyroomjim
12-18-2016, 01:15 PM
Now changed. Must have Larry, Moe and Curley as placing judges.

EMD4ME
12-18-2016, 01:18 PM
I would've liked to have seen the reverse side image, for formality purposes.

Scary that they almost did it again.

Kudos for changing it though.....

Teach
12-18-2016, 01:24 PM
If this were one of my students, I'd say, "Don't let this happen, again!" Credibility is the key when it comes to pari-mutuel racing. If you lose that, you lose everything. When I worked at Foxboro harness track years ago, the judges were extra careful before any number was put up on the tote board.

AltonKelsey
12-18-2016, 08:14 PM
Photo for that race not posted on the sight.

Bigfoot?

Teach
12-18-2016, 08:35 PM
Let me state at the outset that this is not a case of: "Sour grapes". And I'm not trying to "beat a dead horse". It's just that I'm befuddled and mystified. The whole thing was so bizarre. I mean the events that took place in Aqueduct's 4th race.

If you recall it was a non-graded New York state-sired stakes for 2 year-old fillies. As a disclosure, I keyed the #1 Filibustin, the 4/5 shot on top in some supers. In fact, I must candidly admit I was counting it when the fillies turned into the top of the stretch. Yet, as you may recall, this filly ran out of gas in deep stretch and wound up finishing 3rd. What I don't understand is what happened when the race was completed. Undeniably #6 Toni Tools, piloted by Manny Franco, won. But who finished second? Just from the naked eye, as I watched the horses cross the wire, I sensed, very strongly, that the #3 Passporttovictory had beaten out #1. Then I see the results flashed on the screen.

Well, I see something that looked like "a key" next to the #1. It was announced that the #1 had finished in a dead heat for second. Why didn't #3 have a "key" next to its number, as well? Also, why such a lengthy time in keeping the race labeled as "unofficial"? Why not, as cited in earlier posts, show a reverse-angle, inside-out photo? If I'm holding #1 to place (#1 had approx. 44% of the place money) I'm initially overjoyed and breathing a sigh of relief that the filly at least dead-heated for second. But wait a minute, it's not official. For the longest time it's still not official. This goes against NYRA's long-standing practice of going from unofficial to official pretty rapidly, unless there's an inquiry and/or an objection. Neither of those things happened in this race.

For those who had place money on the #1, it must have been a big letdown; it shouldn't have happened. Any explanations from NYRA?

cj
12-18-2016, 08:59 PM
Photo for that race not posted on the sight.

Bigfoot?

One time I'll post something like this since anyone that really cares easily could have pulled up the replays on the NYRA site and seen it for himself.

HuggingTheRail
12-18-2016, 11:21 PM
Does the symbol mean the 1 horse was plugged in?

cj
12-18-2016, 11:30 PM
Does the symbol mean the 1 horse was plugged in?

That is the plug that is being pulled on January 1st so not on cable anymore!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

(No way I could resist that!)

EMD4ME
12-18-2016, 11:48 PM

:( :( :(

But...

:D :D :D :ThmbUp:

luisbe
12-18-2016, 11:48 PM
Results on NYRA webpage does not show no dead heat, does it mean they changed the result on the fly?

SG4
12-19-2016, 12:26 AM
One time I'll post something like this since anyone that really cares easily could have pulled up the replays on the NYRA site and seen it for himself.

I watched the replay on the NYRA site, Calracing site (which included 3 more minutes of screen time of a non-definitive photo & also cut off before a change in the DH ruling), tried the NYRA Bets link to photo finishes & the NYRA website, and from all these sources I have not seen 1 picture of the mirror image place photo that definitively shows a clear finisher in 2nd place. Is that a screen shot you could post on here, or at least advise where a link to it can be found?

I don't think it was likely that close for 2nd, but if you're gonna F up like this, I'd make sure I get my evidence up & available for all to see immediately, but in this situation it appears to be missing from every outlet.

EasyGoer89
12-19-2016, 04:31 AM
I watched the replay on the NYRA site, Calracing site (which included 3 more minutes of screen time of a non-definitive photo & also cut off before a change in the DH ruling), tried the NYRA Bets link to photo finishes & the NYRA website, and from all these sources I have not seen 1 picture of the mirror image place photo that definitively shows a clear finisher in 2nd place. Is that a screen shot you could post on here, or at least advise where a link to it can be found?

I don't think it was likely that close for 2nd, but if you're gonna F up like this, I'd make sure I get my evidence up & available for all to see immediately, but in this situation it appears to be missing from every outlet.

I think that if you're going to list a dead heat for that long of a period and then say its NOT a DH, you need to show the photo that convinced you this wasn't a tie.

davew
12-19-2016, 04:36 AM
I think that if you're going to list a dead heat for that long of a period and then say its NOT a DH, you need to show the photo that convinced you this wasn't a tie.

on the feed, they did show a dead heat photo but the arm/elbow of winner covered the nose of the 3 so not conclusive - shows a few seconds after cj's picture

EasyGoer89
12-19-2016, 04:40 AM
on the feed, they did show a dead heat photo but the arm/elbow of winner covered the nose of the 3 so not conclusive - shows a few seconds after cj's picture

Let me clarify, i did see the photo you're talking about, but didn't see the 'reverse' angle showing the 3 a clear 2nd. My point was for them to change this, i would assume there's another photo somewhere.

EMD4ME
12-19-2016, 06:09 AM
Paging Kent Desormeaux......

MonmouthParkJoe
12-19-2016, 06:59 AM

:D:D:D

johnhannibalsmith
12-19-2016, 10:29 AM
Paging Kent Desormeaux......

Yeah I don't know why they went through all this hassle and embarrassment when they could have just moved the wire to where they wanted it in the first place and been done with it.

EMD4ME
12-19-2016, 10:47 AM
Yeah I don't know why they went through all this hassle and embarrassment when they could have just moved the wire to where they wanted it in the first place and been done with it.

AltonKelsey
12-19-2016, 11:46 PM

Nice screenshot, but I was talking about the actual photo for place, NOT where it should be on the site, when I looked yesterday.

EMD4ME
12-19-2016, 11:55 PM
Has the reverse image photo been released anywhere?

Pigpen
12-20-2016, 10:30 AM
Has the reverse image photo been released anywhere?

That was my ? I was at the OTB with a buddy and he had the tri and I told him I thought the 1 got 3rd. I never saw the mirror image.