PDA

View Full Version : The Lion in Your Living Room

Actor
12-18-2016, 04:31 AM
If you have Netflix and are a cat lover there's a short movie on Netflix titled The Lion in Living Room that you really should watch. :ThmbUp:

TJDave
12-18-2016, 05:42 AM
I love my cat.

I know she doesn't love me.

I can pretend.

She, as well.

Jess Hawsen Arown
12-18-2016, 11:17 AM
You are allowed to love cats. As long as you understand that they only love the people who fed them last.

Inner Dirt
12-18-2016, 12:16 PM
You are allowed to love cats. As long as you understand that they only love the people who fed them last.

My cat will go on a hunger strike if I am gone too long. She is a picky eater but I found an expensive food she likes too much and if I just leave a full bowl out she will over eat, so I just put down small amounts multiple times a day.
Anyway if I am going to be gone for a weekend or a couple days more I have to put down an endless supply of food. Instead of gorging herself she actually will only eat 1/4 of her normal intake if I am gone for more than a day. On top of that when I return the longer I was away the more she will follow me around loudly meowing at me. When I went away for 5 days this past June I got meowed at constantly for two straight days.

PhantomOnTour
12-18-2016, 12:30 PM
If your cat was big enough it would kill you and eat you

reckless
12-18-2016, 12:49 PM

Like most females?

boxcar
12-18-2016, 01:20 PM
If you have Netflix and are a cat lover there's a short movie on Netflix titled The Lion in Living Room that you really should watch. :ThmbUp:

Good flick. Saw it several weeks ago. :ThmbUp:

elysiantraveller
12-18-2016, 01:21 PM
If your cat was big enough it would kill you and eat you

Or just kill you... because... :confused: ...

Cats suck... :ThmbDown:

OntheRail
12-18-2016, 01:36 PM
Or just kill you... because... :confused: ...

Cats suck... :ThmbDown:

No animals react or instinctively know peoples nature.

So it's you... not the cat. ;)

JustRalph
12-18-2016, 01:49 PM
They are very much like people. All different personalities. Dogs, not so much. Similar personalities across breeds etc.

I love em both though. I have a somewhat new dog. We've had her 6 months. Shes 11 months old now. Breed is called a Ratcha. She's been a blast. She gets along very well with the cats.

I have this show on my Netflix list......thanks for the reminder.

dnlgfnk
12-18-2016, 02:03 PM
Ross has had it pinned to his tweet for weeks...

the Douthats thank you...

https://twitter.com/DouthatNYT?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp% 7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

elysiantraveller
12-18-2016, 02:09 PM
No animals react or instinctively know peoples nature.

So it's you... not the cat. ;)

The domesticated cat is one of the most ecologically devastating animals on the planet.

dnlgfnk
12-18-2016, 02:14 PM
Two things...

1. I assume the vid based on the book?

2. I will always associate cat lovers with her...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTTwcCVajAc

Tom
12-18-2016, 02:37 PM
So it's you... not the cat.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yes!

thaskalos
12-18-2016, 03:03 PM
I have my cat for 10 years...and he still looks at me with disgust. I see my sister's dog once a month...and the dog jumps on me and licks me as if I am his best friend.

The cats are REAL...whereas the dogs kiss ass.

RunForTheRoses
12-18-2016, 03:18 PM
My cat I know loves me, my former cat which died 3 years ago, would greet me at the door when I came home from work. I hope Elysian is not trying to justify violence against cats, I know there are a lot of sick assholes out there.

The Dog’s Diary

8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!
9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!
9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
12:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!
1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
5:00 pm - Dinner! My favorite thing!
7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!
11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

The Cat’s Diary

Day 983 of My Captivity

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.

The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet. Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates my capabilities. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a “good little hunter” I am. Bastards!

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of “allergies.” I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow, but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released, and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded. The bird must be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now ...

johnhannibalsmith
12-18-2016, 04:22 PM
The domesticated cat is one of the most ecologically devastating animals on the planet.

Right behind people. :lol:

OntheRail
12-18-2016, 04:28 PM
So now your blaming Cats for Global Warming... :lol:

elysiantraveller
12-18-2016, 06:46 PM
So now your blaming Cats for Global Warming... :lol:

JHS said that not me.

elysiantraveller
12-18-2016, 06:47 PM
My cat I know loves me, my former cat which died 3 years ago, would greet me at the door when I came home from work. I hope Elysian is not trying to justify violence against cats, I know there are a lot of sick assholes out there.

:confused:

Had cats all my life up until Feb. when I gave mine to a buddy who needed a buddy.

elysiantraveller
12-18-2016, 06:55 PM
I have my cat for 10 years...and he still looks at me with disgust. I see my sister's dog once a month...and the dog jumps on me and licks me as if I am his best friend.

The cats are REAL...whereas the dogs kiss ass.

Dog likes you. Not all people get treated the same by dogs.

Tom
12-18-2016, 07:40 PM
Cats are cool.
They become more and more like their owners over time.

098poi
12-18-2016, 10:16 PM
i just watched this. Very good, thanks.

thaskalos
12-19-2016, 08:03 AM

Had cats all my life up until Feb. when I gave mine to a buddy who needed a buddy.

Is your buddy complaining?

Tom
12-19-2016, 08:22 AM
Has he been eaten?

elysiantraveller
12-19-2016, 09:18 AM
Is your buddy complaining?

No.

As far as cats go Yoda was pretty chill.

thaskalos
12-19-2016, 10:32 AM
No.

As far as cats go Yoda was pretty chill.
If you hold cats in such low esteem...why have you kept them as pets for so much of your life?

elysiantraveller
12-19-2016, 10:47 AM
If you hold cats in such low esteem...why have you kept them as pets for so much of your life?

Mostly because I'm a dog person and trainer.

Also because people don't keep cats as pets. Cats keep people as pets.

thaskalos
12-19-2016, 10:57 AM
Mostly because I'm a dog person and trainer.

Also because people don't keep cats as pets. Cats keep people as pets.

Oh...OK. :ThmbUp:

Inner Dirt
12-19-2016, 12:04 PM
I don't understand extreme cat haters, my neighbor is a typical one. He complains constantly about the old lady at the end of the street feeding stray cats and the "excessive" cat population. Our paved street is about 3/4 miles long and has 6 houses on it some set back as much as 1/2 mile. The average lot in our neighborhood is 10 acres and there are a lot of vacant lots. The "cat lady" probably has caused an extra half dozen to a dozen cats to hang out in the area. That amounts to probably one cat for every 50-100 acres. How that bothers anyone is beyond me.

elysiantraveller
12-19-2016, 12:15 PM
I don't understand extreme cat haters, my neighbor is a typical one. He complains constantly about the old lady at the end of the street feeding stray cats and the "excessive" cat population. Our paved street is about 3/4 miles long and has 6 houses on it some set back as much as 1/2 mile. The average lot in our neighborhood is 10 acres and there are a lot of vacant lots. The "cat lady" probably has caused an extra half dozen to a dozen cats to hang out in the area. That amounts to probably one cat for every 50-100 acres. How that bothers anyone is beyond me.

Those cats are slaughtering the local bird populations and any pond or water wildlife in the area.

They should be removed.

barahona44
12-19-2016, 12:21 PM
Cats may be cheaper than dogs to keep but they don't do anything to justify the expense.Dogs are like people who get up and work for a living; cats are welfare recipients. :D

JustRalph
12-19-2016, 12:28 PM

Don't forget the rodent population is down

reckless
12-19-2016, 12:30 PM

Don't forget the spate of Chinese take-out places is way up. :)

Inner Dirt
12-19-2016, 03:20 PM

Even with them and the handful of rat snakes that I run across in the warm months I will end up with a couple mice a year in the house. My cat used to kill them but now she just plays with them for some reason. She at least flushes them out so catching mice is a team effort, I just sweep them into a box and toss them outside.

Prytanis
12-19-2016, 03:33 PM
I love my two cats!!
one of them is on my lap right now.

RunForTheRoses
12-19-2016, 04:39 PM

OK my bad, forgive me because I have heard otherwise upstanding folks excuse violence against cats. Personally I like both cats and dogs, haven't had a dog for awhile, don't really have the space.

RunForTheRoses
12-19-2016, 04:58 PM
http://m.imgur.com/tFs8qrD?r