PDA

View Full Version : Joe Mixon video

cj
12-16-2016, 06:34 PM
Absolutely disgusting. I won't post it here you can find it if you want to see it.

ldiatone
12-16-2016, 06:42 PM
bad really bad. viewed this listen to this guy on the radio
Clay Travis
(@ClayTravis)
Bob Stoops and school president David Boren watched this video & kept Joe Mixon on scholarship. Indefensible:

TJDave
12-16-2016, 06:53 PM
Indefensible. That's what college and professional sports has become.

No program, except those that don't matter, are immune.

ElKabong
12-17-2016, 02:10 AM
Have to wonder about a kid's upbringing that would beat a girl that can't harm him. This all started at home, where he was taught right from wrong and whom to respect and who he could do whatever he wanted.

Mack brown had a lot of discipline problems on the team beginning in 2006. He was told in the middle of 2007 to tighten it up or hit the road (McCombs and Jamal supposedly gave the edict). For two years we had as bad a program as any in the nation, criminal wise.

The program was purged of bad influences, lost productive players but we were better in the end for it

Ou wouldn't have won the big12 without him, so Stoops got his payoff out of the kid. Hopefully the girl sues his ass after he signs an nfl contract.

EasyGoer89
12-17-2016, 02:41 AM
NFL will enable this behavior, guy like jerry jones will draft him.

JustRalph
12-17-2016, 05:02 AM
Am I missing something? The video I watched only showed him throwing one punch? Did he do something else?

Ocala Mike
12-17-2016, 08:36 AM
Ralph, he broke her face with that one punch. In my world, men don't hit women with closed fists after getting baby slapped.

cj
12-17-2016, 10:42 AM
Am I missing something? The video I watched only showed him throwing one punch? Did he do something else?

That one punch was pretty lethal and I think he also spit on her.

JustRalph
12-17-2016, 11:22 AM
Ralph, he broke her face with that one punch. In my world, men don't hit women with closed fists after getting baby slapped.

I agree. I just kept reading about how bad the video was and then watched it, thinking I was going to see more.

You gotta remember, I've been around a ton of beatings and assaults in my life........I'm not the guy to be judging beatings on a curve......

cj
12-17-2016, 11:48 AM
Have to wonder about a kid's upbringing that would beat a girl that can't harm him. This all started at home, where he was taught right from wrong and whom to respect and who he could do whatever he wanted.

I've heard this argument and it is silly. There are plenty of kids that have great upbringings that do things as bad and even much worse than Mixon did later in life.

ElKabong
12-19-2016, 01:21 AM
I've heard this argument and it is silly. There are plenty of kids that have great upbringings that do things as bad and even much worse than Mixon did later in life.

Disagree with you. If a kid punches a girl that has no ability to harm him, his upbringing is exposed. I'm not confusing upbringing with socio-economic background. Plenty of kids from "respectable" homes were raised by absentee, or lousy parents.

He obviously didn't think twice about hitting a girl. According to the girl, He also didn't think twice about taunting her gay friend, which escalated the exchange between the girl and Mixon

Speaking of ou, looks like Dee Dee Westbrook also had domestic battery issues before playing for the Sooners.

Valuist
12-22-2016, 10:23 AM
How about Stoops' comment? "If this act occurred today, the penalty (for Mixon) would've been much harsher."

So he's basically saying that in 2014, he wasn't aware that beating up a woman was wrong. Apparently the Ray Rice incident was an eye-opener? Let's not forget, Goeddel felt that (possibly) using deflated footballs was a worse offense than what Rice did.....until the public backlash was too much, and Rice's suspension had to be extended.

Let's face it: if Rice was 26 years old and could still be productive, he'd be playing. And if Mixon wasn't capable of rushing for 1100 yards, they might have kicked him off the team.

JustRalph
12-22-2016, 02:16 PM
I watched this vid a couple more times. Her head and face hitting that table looks pretty bad..........on a second viewing. Ouch!

cj
12-22-2016, 02:22 PM
Disagree with you. If a kid punches a girl that has no ability to harm him, his upbringing is exposed. I'm not confusing upbringing with socio-economic background. Plenty of kids from "respectable" homes were raised by absentee, or lousy parents.

He obviously didn't think twice about hitting a girl. According to the girl, He also didn't think twice about taunting her gay friend, which escalated the exchange between the girl and Mixon

Speaking of ou, looks like Dee Dee Westbrook also had domestic battery issues before playing for the Sooners.

So how do you explain children that come from the same exact upbringing and two are model citizens and one a hardened criminal?

JustRalph
12-22-2016, 02:38 PM
So how do you explain children that come from the same exact upbringing and two are model citizens and one a hardened criminal?

Do a google search for "Black sheep syndrome".

Lots of theories and some actual work has been done on it

ElKabong
12-22-2016, 03:26 PM
How about Stoops' comment? "If this act occurred today, the penalty (for Mixon) would've been much harsher."

So he's basically saying that in 2014, he wasn't aware that beating up a woman was wrong. Apparently the Ray Rice incident was an eye-opener? Let's not forget, Goeddel felt that (possibly) using deflated footballs was a worse offense than what Rice did.....until the public backlash was too much, and Rice's suspension had to be extended.

Let's face it: if Rice was 26 years old and could still be productive, he'd be playing. And if Mixon wasn't capable of rushing for 1100 yards, they might have kicked him off the team.

Stoops has been lax in handing problem personalities before. Dusty Dvorczek (sp?) comes to mind and in that era he had some bad apples. I don't believe for a minute he'd kick Mixon off the team. He had no similar talent to Mixon on the roster. Perrine can run, but Mixon can return punts and supposedly a good receiver out of the backfield. The bottom line is about all that matters to stoops, and I'm not singling him out by any means. A lot, maybe most, NCAA coaches are of the same mindset.

This was one of the reasons I wanted Charlie to succeed at Texas. He had no tolerance for violating his rules, one of which was violence against women. We lost a lot of talented players because of those rules. In the end, the Stooper keeps his job and Charlie walks....that's messed up. I just wished Charlie could have managed games on the sideline, that's what hurt him the most imo

cj
12-22-2016, 03:44 PM
Do a google search for "Black sheep syndrome".

Lots of theories and some actual work has been done on it

I imagine that happens at times but can't explain every case. There are kids with perfect upbringings that go bad. It isn't always the fault of the parents.

JustRalph
12-22-2016, 09:39 PM
I imagine that happens at times but can't explain every case. There are kids with perfect upbringings that go bad. It isn't always the fault of the parents.

I don't disagree. Just pointing out there has been some work done on it. I saw it often

ElKabong
01-18-2017, 12:58 AM
CJ,

Posting this for two reasons. First, another 0u player is arrested. This one will serve time, no doubt. Stoops can't have him back (tho Goodness knows he'd want him back). Aggravated robbery

Second, this guy (was the same car identified in the article, can't verify who was in it) was watching me fill up my car at the new gas station on the northbound side of i35 near the Baylor campus / Waco, the Tuesday before Xmas. My wife went in the place to use the bathroom while I filled up. I Looked at the black Dodge Challenger b/c the driver and passenger were looking at me as if to stare me down. That went on for a good 90 seconds

I'm not timid (nor smart) and just stared back. They drove the Challenger to the other side of the gas station after I filled up. I then went into the station to get a coke and use the bathroom

I told my wife what happened, we both blew it off at the time as two punk kids acting tough. We were coming home from Georgetown visiting my step son. So apparently this kid (or his relative that owns the car) had been doing this for awhile. I'll contact the Waco police tomorrow after work to detail what I saw and happened

I told my wife about this just now and read the article. This could have turned out badly, she went out to the car momentarily while i was in the mens room after filling up. It was cold out so she immediately went back in the bldg. Would have been a horrible end to a great day

http://www.wacotrib.com/townnews/law/aggravated-robbery-arrest-warrant-issued-for-parrish-cobb-a-former/article_8892ba58-59f0-5801-b03d-38755746a9d0.html

Arrest warrants for former La Vega High School and current University of Oklahoma cornerback Parrish Cobb have been issued, charging him with aggravated robbery in Waco and Bellmead, authorities and Cobb’s lawyer confirmed Tuesday.

Similar robberies
The Bellmead robbery was the third in a string of similar robberies that took place across a three-day span, police said. The other two robberies occurred in South Waco and on the Baylor University campus.
Earlier in the night Jan. 10, police were called to the 1600 block of South Fifth Street shortly before 10 p.m. A man told police he was walking in the area when a dark-colored sports car pulled up next to him. An unidentified man jumped out of the passenger side of the car, pointed a pistol at the pedestrian and demanded his wallet, Waco police Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton said. -snip

cj
01-18-2017, 02:36 AM
Nothing really surprises me much when it comes to college football any more. I haven't heard a peep about this, guess it will be all the talk tomorrow.

Just to be clear if I haven't been already, I'm no OU fan. I'm a Maryland fan. My son is an OSU grad so they are next. My daughter attends OU but never goes to games. I'm not a big college sports fan, more casual, not like the pro sports. I still follow Terps basketball but not like I did before the Thunder came to OKC.

I do like OU Tennis because I play there and get to know the coaches and players and even hit with them on rare occasions. They are true student athletes and the ones I've met are good kids and great students.

ElKabong
01-18-2017, 03:02 AM
yeah, you've posted you're not a sooner fan but I wasn't bashing. Ten yrs ago UT had the biggest police blotter of them all

This would have taken place on dec 20, five days before xmas. Ou didn't leave for the sugar bowl until 12/27 but I just read they had practices up until the 23rd... so I checked the stats of the game, Cobb didn't play. Maybe he wasn't in Norman at the time b/c he wasn't travelling. Maybe he was there. In any event, this was the same vehicle

The fact that my wife walked back to the car after I went inside bothers the hell out of me. She was out there for maybe 3 seconds (after the dodge moved) but still.... She lost her youngest son, he was shot while driving on a country road in east TX three years ago. This kind of thing bothers her to no end. Punk kids don't bother me, but the fact she was out there by herself for a moment , does.

Still not going to buy or own a weapon, but when we stop at convenience stores / gas stations, she's staying inside until I am ready to go back to the car

cj
01-18-2017, 11:58 AM
This is in the Oklahoman today:

http://newsok.com/cobb-suspended-arrest-warrant-issued/article/5534689