PDA

View Full Version : Best Tracks For Exactas?

planks46d
12-10-2016, 02:26 PM
Looking for a list of tracks with high exacta payouts. Would be most appreciated. :)

Thanks

arw629
12-10-2016, 06:58 PM
Delta downs...especially the quarter horse meet
Turfway

No data to go by but you can usually find a few healthy exactas at those 2 tracks

planks46d
12-12-2016, 05:32 PM
Thanks arw. Had DD will checkout Turfway... Would really like a full tracks list on the exacta payouts. I should think there would be a web page with the info out there somewhere...:confused:

Longshot6977
12-13-2016, 06:37 PM
Here are the highest exacta payouts for week ending Dec 11. Of course, the formatting will be screwed up.

Wager Amount Payoff Track Date Race#
Exacta $1 $1,262.50 PEN 12/7/2016 4
Exacta $2 $1,573.20 ZIA 12/11/2016 2

I wish I had more for you. This is the link I found them at.
https://www.americasbestracing.net/gambling/2016-sensational-scores-glistening-december-payouts

planks46d
12-14-2016, 09:05 AM
Thanks longshot, much appreciated...:)

o_crunk
12-14-2016, 03:56 PM
This is for all of 2016 through yesterday for tracks with 100 or more races. T-bred non jumps only. Be wary of averages because one or two big ones can skew them. This is all normalized for $2 payouts. If you think Equibase has trouble keeping track of the timing of races at tracks, the wagering data is much worse IMO as there are several different base wager increments they report for each exotic wager. A few races, though very few, were thrown out of this sample because either the wager base was flat wrong or could not be verified, so the payout could not be confirmed. I've also included average pool size and number of races.

average exacta payoffs (https://www.dropbox.com/s/mtv3x8btmbfhkaw/avg_exacta_payouts.xlsx?dl=0)

classhandicapper
12-14-2016, 04:01 PM
This is for all of 2016 through yesterday for tracks with 100 or more races. T-bred non jumps only. Be wary of averages because one or two big ones can skew them. This is all normalized for $2 payouts. If you think Equibase has trouble keeping track of the timing of races at tracks, the wagering data is much worse IMO as there are several different base wager increments they report for each exotic wager. A few races, though very few, were thrown out of this sample because either the wager base was flat wrong or could not be verified, so the payout could not be confirmed. I've also included average pool size and number of races.

average exacta payoffs (https://www.dropbox.com/s/mtv3x8btmbfhkaw/avg_exacta_payouts.xlsx?dl=0)

This is interesting.

Not to give you more work, but if you are intellectually curious yourself you may want to throw in "average field size" and do it for 2015 also just to see if there is any consistency from year to year in who ranks near the top or bottom.

arw629
12-14-2016, 04:23 PM
I was surprised how high thr averages were for Sam Houston and Remington but I think those averages must include quarter horse races as well bc Remington and Sam Houston tb generally plays pretty formful in my experience

o_crunk
12-14-2016, 04:37 PM
I was surprised how high thr averages were for Sam Houston and Remington but I think those averages must include quarter horse races as well bc Remington and Sam Houston tb generally plays pretty formful in my experience

It does not include quarters. Only t-bred flat racing. What happens is these tracks that are small have small pools and they had a couple races with $2K plus exacta payouts that would never pay that large at a large track with a pool size 4 or 5 times the average.

Again, averages are generally meant to deceive. I can include median and some of the other things class is talking about. Would take a little bit more data wrangling, maybe tomorrow if I have the time. I like these data exercises.

o_crunk
12-14-2016, 05:05 PM
This is interesting.

Not to give you more work, but if you are intellectually curious yourself you may want to throw in "average field size" and do it for 2015 also just to see if there is any consistency from year to year in who ranks near the top or bottom.

Here's with average size of field by betting interests (https://www.dropbox.com/s/j5efk9kphuo2170/avg_exacta_payouts_2015-2016.xlsx?dl=0)

This includes 1/1/2015 through yesterday. I included a couple of tracks that would have been cutoff at the 100 race minimum in SUF and KD. Other tracks make the list like MED.

I would like to include median but that will take some more work.

planks46d
12-15-2016, 02:36 PM
Thanks to all for your help with this. I use a power rank of mine in, hopefully, picking winners. Almost by accident I noticed my top 2 rankings, when boxed, finished 1-2 at a couple of tracks to make the exactas profitable. This, of course, could be just short term. Finding tracks that have higher average payouts will help in profitability, I hope . . . ;)

Thanks Again

classhandicapper
12-15-2016, 04:04 PM
Here's with average size of field by betting interests (https://www.dropbox.com/s/j5efk9kphuo2170/avg_exacta_payouts_2015-2016.xlsx?dl=0)

This includes 1/1/2015 through yesterday. I included a couple of tracks that would have been cutoff at the 100 race minimum in SUF and KD. Other tracks make the list like MED.

I would like to include median but that will take some more work.

Thanks. Hope you are well. ;)

pondman
12-15-2016, 04:44 PM
This is interesting.

I would agree with this

We (my vertical group) has looked at a dozen screens for all verticals, and because of that I'd add that it's not the $10,000 super ticket that keeps us in the money. It's the many $14 super tickets we cash at places such as GG that keeps us in the money. The OP may want to rethink the margin of return on the average exacta- per field size. Because field size making a judgement between betting a tri vs an exacta-- if you keep everything else constant.

Lemon Drop Husker
12-15-2016, 07:06 PM

Excellent stuff. Thank you. OP as well for a great topic.

I'm all over Keeneland, Delta, Turfway, Fair Grounds, and Saratoga.

Sam Houston doesn't surprise me, but Oaklawn Park on top certainly does. I know they have very competitive meets, with solid purses, and solid fields, but would have never guessed them on top.