PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't Obama at Pearl on the 75th Anniversary?

MikeH
12-07-2016, 02:08 PM
Really disgusting... And the liberal press, in their coverage, makes it sound like we should "apologize" first for dropping the bomb, even though it saved probably a million lives?

Disgusting and repulsive.

I have tremendous respect and admiration for the men who fought at Pearl, and in WW II.

PaceAdvantage
12-07-2016, 02:11 PM
Obama should have sent Trump in his place...

Tom
12-07-2016, 02:15 PM
I heard he was with some Japanese diplomat at some ceremony, but no apologies from them were planned.

If no apology, stay the hell away dirtbag.

FantasticDan
12-07-2016, 02:37 PM
Obama statement:

Seventy-five years ago today, a sudden and unprovoked attack turned a tranquil harbor into a sea of flames. Over 2,400 American patriots lost their lives in the attack on Pearl Harbor—military and civilian, men, women and children. Their sacrifice galvanized millions of GIs and Rosie the Riveters who answered the call to defend liberty at its moment of maximum peril. In the hours after the attack, President Roosevelt promised that “the American people in their righteous might will win through to absolute victory.” Thanks to the heroism of a generation, we did.

Today, Michelle and I join the American people in remembering those who gave their lives at Pearl Harbor—many of them not much older than boys—and in honoring their families—spouses, siblings, sons and daughters who still carry the memories of their loved ones in their hearts. We give thanks to the veterans and survivors of Pearl Harbor who faced down fear itself, met infamy with intrepidity, freed captive peoples from fascism and whose example inspires us still. For out of the horrors of war, this Greatest Generation forged an enduring international order, became the backbone of the middle class and powered America’s prosperity. Their courage and resolve remind us of that fundamental American truth—that out of many we are one; and that when we stand together, no undertaking is too great.

On this National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day, we also reaffirm that the work of securing and strengthening our nation goes on. While we can never repay the profound debt of gratitude we owe to those who served on our behalf, we can embrace our commitment to care for and support veterans of America’s wars from every generation.

As a testament that even the most bitter of adversaries can become the closest of allies, I look forward to visiting the USS Arizona Memorial later this month along with Prime Minister Shinzo Abe. This historic visit will stand as a tribute to the power of reconciliation and to the truth that the United States and Japan—bound by an alliance unimaginable 75 years ago—will continue to work hand-in-hand for a more peaceful and secure world.

Inner Dirt
12-07-2016, 02:42 PM
Liberals are not patriots, they don't put the USA first. Case in point, there was a big stink from liberals about displaying the Enola Gay in the National Air and Space museum because of all the Japanese causalities. They seemed to ignore the sneak attack at Pearl Harbor by the Japanese that got us in to WW2 in the first place. I guess liberals give them a pass on that.

I was fortunate enough to go to the National Air and Space museum and view the Enola Gay in person. I stood in awe thinking that we put something like that together with 75 year old technology and the brave men that risked their lives or being shot down and tortured to end the Japanese threat in WW2.

Once again on a day like today thanks to all our Vets for keeping us safe and hoping someday our government will assist you properly if you are in a time of need after you have served. The way Veterans in need are treated in this country is shameful.

MikeH
12-07-2016, 02:56 PM
Obama can make all the "statements" he wants, with a ton of words... actions speak louder than words, and his absence from Pearl today says he has NO respect for our men, military, or the FACTS of history that JAPAN attacked us because they wanted to take over most of the Pacific.

The liberals (and now the "progressives") would have us believe that places like the Japanese internment camp at Manzanar are the same thing as the Bataan Death March. (And I drive by the Manzanar site occasionally: it was not a Motel 6, but nowhere near the descriptions the liberals/progessives give it...)

I can't tell you how repulsive this is.

LottaKash
12-07-2016, 03:18 PM
At this point in the game, I don't even think it matters anymore to anyone with a little common sense and respect, and that harbors love and passion for our country...

Glad he didn't show up, as in imo, given his history of the hate that he holds for America, it would be an insult to the brave American people who got annihilated at that venue, by his showing up...

"all that for a flag" -(michelle)

BO, via his actions these long 8-yrs, has shown who he really is.... As an Un-American a president, as there ever was... :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

What still puzzles me greatly tho, is how he got elected and then re-elected in the first place.... :confused:

TJDave
12-07-2016, 03:57 PM
I think the president should attend every year. Why is the 75th more important than the 74th?

delayjf
12-07-2016, 03:59 PM
Case in point, there was a big stink from liberals about displaying the Enola Gay in the National Air and Space museum because of all the Japanese causalities. They seemed to ignore the sneak attack at Pearl Harbor by the Japanese that got us in to WW2 in the first place. I guess liberals give them a pass on that.

By pure coincidence I have been doing some reading on he war in the Pacific theater. I had never really read that much regarding the Second Sino-Japanese War - the more I read the more my mouth dropped. I know the Japanese were guilty of atrocities, but I was not aware of the nature and the scope of the Japanese atrocities until recently. To read the accounts of the Nanking Massacre were shocking to me, they were as bad as the Nazis. I wished they would have dropped the bomb on the Japanese Imperial Army - they deserved it. Seriously, I'm surprised the Chinese didn't slaughter the Japaneses army after they surrounded to the Chinese in 1945

chadk66
12-07-2016, 04:44 PM
Obama did what the majority of us expected he would do. Nothing

Marshall Bennett
12-07-2016, 04:50 PM
By pure coincidence I have been doing some reading on he war in the Pacific theater. I had never really read that much regarding the Second Sino-Japanese War - the more I read the more my mouth dropped. I know the Japanese were guilty of atrocities, but I was not aware of the nature and the scope of the Japanese atrocities until recently. To read the accounts of the Nanking Massacre were shocking to me, they were as bad as the Nazis. I wished they would have dropped the bomb on the Japanese Imperial Army - they deserved it. Seriously, I'm surprised the Chinese didn't slaughter the Japaneses army after they surrounded to the Chinese in 1945
My dad was all over the Pacific during the war. Like most, he rarely would talk about it in later years. He was part of a unit that swept up after a battle ended. They would detail casualties on our side in reports and access the carnage. He spoke briefly to me once when I asked why he hated talking about it so. He spoke of the Japanese as brutal savages that didn't even seem human. The prisoners we captured showed little emotion. None of them wept, none seemed to care. Thank God we did what we did to end the war with them. To this day I still don't trust any of them. I know that doesn't seem right, I just can't help it knowing how they behaved.

EasyGoer89
12-07-2016, 05:38 PM
it's amazing how we got duped to electing a Muslim sympathizer, trump has his work cut out undoing the damage this clown has done.

delayjf
12-07-2016, 06:30 PM
He spoke of the Japanese as brutal savages that didn't even seem human.

If you got the stomach for it, read the accounts of the Nanking Massacre. I was unaware that the Japanese used chemical and biological weapons, they even had a plan to spread the Plague in San Diego, luckily the war ended before the plan was implemented. They conducted horrible experiments including dissection, amputations without anesthesia. If you were a woman, you were lucky if all that happened to you was to be gang raped. Reading the accounts of the war, I felt like dropping another bomb. Another thing that astonished me was that there were war crimes trial and many were convicted - but Douglas MacArthur pardoned, or reduced the sentences of some of the Japanese who committed the most heinous crimes.