PDA

View Full Version : How to curb game fixing? Monitor legal wagering

horses4courses
12-06-2016, 10:39 AM
Article about British company hired by MLB to protect the game.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/betting/british-company-key-safeguarding-integrity-mlb-games

EasyGoer89
12-06-2016, 10:53 AM
I wonder if the stewards and major racetracks are combing thru the algorithms of wagering data to make sure horse races are on the up and up. Something tells me they aren't doing what mlb is doing here.

Dave Schwartz
12-06-2016, 11:01 AM
EasyGoer,

I wonder if the stewards and major racetracks are combing thru the algorithms of wagering data to make sure horse races are on the up and up. Something tells me they aren't doing what mlb is doing here.

As if they care, right?

HoofedInTheChest
12-06-2016, 11:12 AM
Never mind the race fixing, i would be happy if the tracks could properly time a race.

EasyGoer89
12-06-2016, 06:28 PM
Never mind the race fixing, i would be happy if the tracks could properly time a race.

yes, :D, they're still in first grade when it comes to being able to figure out how to time a race....or, pay the winning gamblers without having a major conference!

thaskalos
12-06-2016, 06:48 PM
yes, :D, they're still in first grade when it comes to being able to figure out how to time a race....or, pay the winning gamblers without having a major conference!

They hardly ever make a mistake when it comes to collecting the takeout though...

EasyGoer89
12-06-2016, 06:53 PM
They hardly ever make a mistake when it comes to collecting the takeout though...

Funny how it works out that way. :ThmbUp: and, when they do make a 'takeout mistake' its that the 'accidentally' charge too much. oops!

ReplayRandall
12-06-2016, 08:07 PM
Funny how it works out that way. :ThmbUp: and, when they do make a 'takeout mistake' its that the 'accidentally' charge too much. oops!

And we're not even talking about the legal THEFT of breakage....

EasyGoer89
12-06-2016, 08:18 PM
And we're not even talking about the legal THEFT of breakage....

They instituted 'breakage' so that people won't hold up betting lines collecting pennies. :rolleyes:

Now, with the advent of 10 cent supers, bets routinely pay off to the penny, not to mention, many people are betting with ADW accounts, so they don't need their prices 'rounded down'.

Time for breakage to go.

johnhannibalsmith
12-07-2016, 06:18 PM
...pay the winning gamblers ...!

Can't believe a few people think this is SRU. :lol:

ReplayRandall
12-07-2016, 06:57 PM
They instituted 'breakage' so that people won't hold up betting lines collecting pennies. :rolleyes:

Now, with the advent of 10 cent supers, bets routinely pay off to the penny, not to mention, many people are betting with ADW accounts, so they don't need their prices 'rounded down'.

Time for breakage to go.

SRU EXPOSED

I've had a sneaking suspicion that SRU is EasyGoer89. Look at what was just posted and the following:

Originally Posted by Stillriledup
People with adw accounts shouldn't pay breakage as they aren't 'holding up betting lines' so there's no need to round down their payoffs.
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1909510&postcount=2

johnhannibalsmith
12-07-2016, 07:44 PM
Ha, pretty sure any time we had a favorite moments type thread SRU had a special place for Easy Goer's BC.

ReplayRandall
12-07-2016, 07:50 PM
Ha, pretty sure any time we had a favorite moments type thread SRU had a special place for Easy Goer's BC.

You've got to give EMD credit for not giving his little buddy's secret away.....But the "Jig is up".....Nice try SRU.

EasyGoer89
12-07-2016, 11:20 PM
You've got to give EMD credit for not giving his little buddy's secret away.....But the "Jig is up".....Nice try SRU.

It really comes down to the greatness of SRU and how much he was missed, greatness is never forgotten and rarely duplicated.:D

It was a nice try, took you much longer than i expected, incredibly great and iconic posters have a hard time 'hiding' that greatness, its like when Kyrie Irving dressed up as Uncle Drew, you knew at some point, people would figure out he was an actual basketball star and not some old guy who could barely walk. ;)

ReplayRandall
12-08-2016, 12:17 AM
It really comes down to the greatness of SRU and how much he was missed, greatness is never forgotten and rarely duplicated.:D

It was a nice try, took you much longer than i expected, incredibly great and iconic posters have a hard time 'hiding' that greatness, its like when Kyrie Irving dressed up as Uncle Drew, you knew at some point, people would figure out he was an actual basketball star and not some old guy who could barely walk. ;)

OK, fun time is over. Now is the time to come clean and tell us who you are, SRU.....If you'd rather not say publicly, send me a PM.

Valuist
12-08-2016, 11:58 AM
SRU EXPOSED

I've had a sneaking suspicion that SRU is EasyGoer89. Look at what was just posted and the following:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1909510&postcount=2

Was SRU banned or did he quit? I know of another site where a guy got banned and has tried to come back under at least 5 aliases.....but he gets busted every time.

cj
12-08-2016, 06:12 PM
Was SRU banned or did he quit? I know of another site where a guy got banned and has tried to come back under at least 5 aliases.....but he gets busted every time.

Banned.

thaskalos
12-09-2016, 12:43 AM
Banned.

And...what is he now? Reinstated after time served?

EasyGoer89
12-09-2016, 12:47 AM

SRU was reinstated? Haven't seen a post of his in quite a while, maybe his 'reinstatement' is 'fake news'?

thaskalos
12-09-2016, 01:03 AM
SRU was reinstated? Haven't seen a post of his in quite a while, maybe his 'reinstatement' is 'fake news'?

Maybe he hasn't anything more to say.

Tom
12-09-2016, 08:15 AM
Maybe he hasn't anything more to say.

I don't think that is a possibility! :lol:

cj
12-09-2016, 11:56 AM

That isn't my department.

cj
12-09-2016, 11:57 AM

OXgSEYxLmo8