PDA

View Full Version : Woodbine Wagering Service

GMCstreak
07-21-2004, 11:03 AM
I live in Texas where online pari-mutuel account wagering is legal--been looking for a place to open a account.Anyone heard of HPI Bet.com-its at Woodbine in Canada--does anyone have a account with them? thanks,Gary

sq764
07-21-2004, 11:33 AM
I have an account with them.. A few points:

1) It is a separate pool, so you will get different odds than at the track

2) The tracks they take vary by day and the list is by no means 'extensive'

3) I will say, however, that I have never once had a problem with getting withdrawals from them..

Skanoochies
07-21-2004, 11:50 AM
I agree with Sq764. Never have had a problem. Another plus for a Texan, would be the fact that you could have $1 triactor ticket that pays $30,000 in the Canadian pool and NO TAXES. But I believe I read on their site, or somewhere, that you must have an address in Canada to open an account with them. Possibly a post office box would suffice?

Good luck,

Skanoochies.:)

sq764
07-21-2004, 12:36 PM
I live in Delaware and had no problem opening an account with them. I know many US people who have accounts with them.

Red Knave
07-21-2004, 02:59 PM
This is for US tracks, not WO or FE ( you knew that ;) ).

Right. There is a PDF file created every month that lists the tracks in play each day during that month.

3) I will say, however, that I have never once had a problem with getting withdrawals from them ...
Agreed, they are very accomodating.

But I believe I read on their site ... that you must have an address in Canada ...
The address issue is strictly for Canadians. It's a provincial turf war (so to speak). Depending on the province you live in, there are seperate pools to bet into.

Also, there are a number of harness tracks available if that turns your crank at all.

Red Knave
07-21-2004, 03:04 PM
This is for US tracks, not WO or FE ( you knew that :) ).

Right. There is a PDF file created every month that lists the tracks in play each day during that month.

3) I will say, however, that I have never once had a problem with getting withdrawals from them ...
Agreed, they are very accomodating.

But I believe I read on their site ... that you must have an address in Canada ...
The address issue is strictly for Canadians. It's a provincial turfwar (so to speak). Depending on the province you live in, there are seperate pools to bet into.

GMCstreak
07-24-2004, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the info--I called them,they said they are unable to set up a wagering account to customers in my geographic area{Texas} they did say I could get video streaming for Woodbin or Mohawl-Ha!!!

sq764
07-24-2004, 06:06 PM
I heard they just cancelled accounts in 8-10 US states within the past week..