PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Showdown

charleslanger
07-21-2004, 10:35 AM
Going by the size of the current pool, first prize is a minimum 10K (paying down to 10th place), and should wind up between double to triple that: http://showdown.nyra.com/saratoga/

Enter as often as you wish for $10 each entry.....

I highly encourage every single one of youze to take a shot--

charleslanger
07-21-2004, 11:15 PM
FYI those who invest in lots of entries don't intimidate me at all....in fact, the more they invest, the merrier......

I believe they basically play against themselves: there are some days(apart from those when the dilemma is having several solid choices to choose from) when all/almost all entries should ride on one solid(or worse, a not-so-good) choice(there will come those days, when ubelievably, the whole card will not inspire confidence in any one choice)... But having all that money invested pretty much forces them to spread out into lesser-quality choices(unlikely & worst-case scenarios like possible breakdowns & gate bumps, etc. now cloud judgment).... one day or even a few one may maybe get away with this, but otherwise, such a method will not help one much, if any.

So please sign up yourself, friends, relatives :D (you can actually buy others entries as presents with your credit(or debit with logo) card-- by creating a handle / pw for them, or have them log in and then you submit the purchase... They'd make excellent birthday, wedding, shower, belated grad presents...:D

charleslanger
07-23-2004, 04:58 AM
Is on pace to hit 20K in entry money by close of day tomorrow-- never will it have previously been at such a high with so much sign-up time remaining.... I can envision 50K in entry money, meaning 30 for the winner-- lower spots would get more than the winner of the Eliminators we're currently slaving over for pratically peanuts right now....... all for a measly $10.........

charleslanger
07-23-2004, 03:07 PM
I believe previous contest pool was in the 30's / first place prize @ 20... But never was the pool this high so early--and it usually more than doubles during the last weekend & the frantic beginning of week before-- let's boogie!

charleslanger
07-25-2004, 02:16 AM
Ist place prize money's currently @ 14K--

FYI Last year's edition paid 26.7K for win, 6.7K second, 3.6K third... and so on to tenth.

All for just a measly $10........

Catch the fever! :cool:

charleslanger
07-26-2004, 05:16 AM
Last chance-- 10am (E) Wed entries close--

All aboard & go baby, go.......

Light
07-26-2004, 04:17 PM
I just checked out the site. It has 28k in the pool. It's like the other eliminator contests. They pay you 1% of the pool if you finish either 8th 9th or 10th. That would be $280.

Now do the math

It's a 36 day meet. If you are alive after 36 days with 1 horse a day to show,you would be far more ahead if you took that $10 entry fee and did a show parlay that hit 36 days in a row starting with $10.00

In fact you would probably get more for your investment than the winner.

In fact you could possibly retire.

charleslanger
07-26-2004, 08:36 PM
I disagree on all counts:

Firstly, with the pool over 30K now, if i'm wrong about it topping 50, it will definitely hit @ 40-- meaning @25 win, 6 place, etc., the bottom slots would get 400-500...

The contest will likely not last the whole meet-- i'd say under 30 for wagering purposes<g>...

And as for the math on the show parlay: let's be charitable & say one's lucky enough to find a bunch of $3 show-priced horses(one successfully avoids any lower show-priced standout).. X $10 = @ $1300 after 12 days, $2000 after 13, $3000 14.... but somewhere in there you now deflate your own prices to $2.20 / $2.10..... let's say one still reached 3K in that timely manner anyhow. Now let's continue our little private charity ball and assume $2.20 for a while: $3000 X $2.20 = $5,315 after another 5 days-- 19 days total. And we'll finish the rest of the way at $2.10 = $7500 after a further week and $9000 after 30 days-- assuming the contest even lasts that long.

Now let's try a more realistic but still very-generous $2.60(still meaning that one would dismiss cinches & instead pick ones paying a bit more AND accomplish this successfully) = after 20 days, $1900. Let's now apply $2.40 for a bit, = a bit under $4000 just 5 days later, the 24th day-- after which i don't believe $2.20 would be possible-- so we'll finish at $2.10 the rest of the way, = $5360 after 30 days... let's add 6 more days, = 7K

For this we've assumed that Saratoga's larger show pools can withstand somewhat larger wagers. And any larger payoffs one can muster in the beginning, such as $4 or more, will only take one more quickly to the point of minimum show prices-- assuming one could do this without fail in spite of the large fields, wet days, longshot days...

We've been charitable because I doubt if, when making such a show parlay, one can forego sure low-priced standouts & go for larger prices successfully-- as in a cumulative-type contest.

I'll be glad to stand corrected if.......

This contest just requires a go for it attitude, and a bit of luck.

Tastes great & less filling!!!

Light
07-26-2004, 09:13 PM
Don't understand how my point is reputed by your math.Anyway you slice it seems like the parlay according to even your own figures is going to outpay the $400-$500 the 8th 9th and 10th players get.

But realistically, If my parlay built up to say$400,I wouldn't have the balls to bet it all to show. What I would do at that point(if I ever reached it) would be to bag half my bankroll and resart with $200. Then I would feel able to go past $400 to another level,say $800. Then bag half again and restart with $400 etc.This way,you accomplish 2 things:

1)You keep from self defeating your own show payoffl and

2) When your parlay breaks,you still have a decent profit to show for it. In the contest you get zilch

Light
07-26-2004, 09:20 PM
You know Charles,these eliminator contests are really inspiring me to do some kind of show parlay. This is the first year I've known about or played them. The fact that I went 7-7 at AP before I got eliminated and am now 7-7 at Calder,makes it seem realistic to make some serious dough from a show parlay.

charleslanger
07-26-2004, 10:22 PM
Yes, it seem easy-- but playing with real money often causes different selections...some of my selections i wouldn't bet with serious money, electing instead to pass....unknown / negative issues one would accept in a contest become greatly magnified with real money riding... Also, 7 day samples are infinitesimally small.....

I'd recommend tracking selections on paper for a whole meet-- as it serves the dual purpose of practicing for the contest / getting a feel... and then use the actual cashing % to formulate a strategy(you may even find a positive roi in the win column!).

Show's doable in the following manner:
Using sessions of 20 AND using Pinnacle because of its 7% no-restriction / no-minimum rebate that is to boot paid daily: so that it may optionally be added as you go along(bonus is disabled when place or show pays $2.20 or less: i have a strategy for this later on), if one can beat say 80%-- then doing parlays of 3...but the real breakthrough will come if that % can approach 90-- then the parlays can be upped to 4-- just this one more will make a huge difference.

Also needed will be constantly-updated access to all pools simultaneously(& i don't mean having to switch screens between the show & place pools) and a way to quickly calculate payoffs, as with a program like ATR-- i don't use anything: just do it mentally, but would not recommend this<g>.

(At the risk of confusing things: study all tracks possible-- if more than one can be found, then the profits of a month can theoretically be achieved in 2-3 days because not only will there be more plays, but because the number of parlays will be much greater(& safely too): combine parlays of 3/4 times 3/4 tracks= Zowie!
Of course, there will be intricacies such as maybe passing the last 2-3 weeks of the meet that leads into say, Del Mar or Saratoga-- because you're not sure now who's trying & who's holding back for the premier meet, if the track is front-speed-tilted now you may not like a horse that shows bad breaks at times, or has similar such in the next stall(s) to it, is young and on its initial rail start -- and what do you do when a lesser jock takes the mount on a cinch, etc.)

To avoid low payoffs / no rebate, one will need some rules like possibly these:

Field of 5 or less and whenever show pays $2.20 or less the bet becomes PLACE instead--this would NOT apply in the following exceptions: that probable low payoff will only occur with 3 particular horses all having to finish in the money, if place will likely also pay $2.20 or less, if win odds dip below 2/5 to either 1/5 or 1/9--at those odds there should be no play.
You will have to decide if willing to accept that low payoff & no rebate-- lots of times it may be worth it, especially at tracks that pay minimum $2.20, and those with dime breakarage like Nyra.
Do not dismiss offhand odds-on choices as paying too little: often 3/5 & below horses pay similarly across 2 or even all of the in the money pools.

And update: 1st place is now @ 20K, 2nd 5k, 3rd 3K..........

Light
07-26-2004, 10:37 PM
You are very correct about reality play and contest make believe money. The psychological difference can affect your judgement in selecting a horse when you have a few hundred at stake.

That's why,your strategy should be mechanical rather than judgemental. The qualifying horse should be a horse that posseses certain qualities you consider positives and not have those you consider negative,like the one that got me eliminated from the AP contest(I.E. no works 22 days)

I would not accept less than $2.60 for show. I would look for $2.80 and understand that it may pay $2.60. Otherwise,have to pass. The paltry reward of $2.20 or $2.40 is not worth the risk

charleslanger
07-26-2004, 11:06 PM
I say no works in less then 4 weeks is ok-- but does the horse have access to private facitlites anywhow-- maybe his work was missed at the track, he received plentty of galops / canters... i prefer to look at lilely purpose & intent from trainer's point of view-- and is there a strong chance that the horse is ready to improve his fig, rather than hold steady....

charleslanger
07-27-2004, 06:02 AM
Last full day to sign up......

My Showdown projected prize amounts:

1st-- $30K
2nd--$ 8,000
3rd-- $ 4
4rh-- $ 2.5
5th-- $ 2
6th-- $ 1.5
7th-- $ 1
8-10th $500.00

Send it in, will ya... deduct it from someone's allowance if you have to, smoke generic for a few days, drink bar vodka instead of Chopin or Absolut for a while....

charleslanger
07-27-2004, 05:23 PM
Prize pool on its way to 42K

charleslanger
07-27-2004, 09:36 PM
46K.........and counting.............

Scratch those earlier prize estimates-- they'll be higher...

charleslanger
07-28-2004, 12:28 AM
$50,200......................

charleslanger
07-28-2004, 03:23 AM
prizes should wind up closer to: 35K for first, 9K second, , 5K third.....3K fourth.....

charleslanger
07-28-2004, 06:39 AM
Yahoo, i'm gonna love this contest: with today's off-track, there's a chance over half the field will be eliminated right away :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

charleslanger
07-28-2004, 08:07 AM
You now have less than two hours left to sign up!!!

Signup closes promptly at 10am....

though selections can be made right up until 12.45, 15 min to 1st post---

Scratches are officially announced at 11.45 am-- all times Eastern.......

Pool's over 53K, with an outside chance of topping 60......

May you ALL win......

charleslanger
07-28-2004, 09:46 AM
and your last chance--- I'd purchase some extra entries if i were you.....you have 15 minutes......

Pool's @ 58K..........

A ton of people have already submitted picks before scratches... money's so ripe for the picking....

charleslanger
07-28-2004, 10:14 AM
They've extended sign-in period for a little bit past the deadline, you still have a chance!

Pool at @59K

charleslanger
07-28-2004, 12:48 PM
8th race #3 Colita

good luck, thank you for your cooperation.....

Binder
07-28-2004, 01:30 PM
I took #7 in race 10
"Lucky Guy"
I hope so

If you entered
Good skill and have fun

charleslanger
07-28-2004, 06:05 PM
4th-- Upturn would've been my second/alternate choice-- got dq'd from 1st to 2nd...

8th-- Bailey outfoxes Velasquez in their own race within the race...

10th- Good call, in a full 12-horse field to boot--& great price, Binder-- $12.40 on "Lucky Guy"
How does that Mick Jagger song go? "Lucky at love-- yes i've got the winning touch!"

charleslanger
07-28-2004, 07:39 PM
Lucky Guy was claimed: from one great barn to another-- Iwinsky to Labo: http://www.laboracing.com/frank.php Will probably get more personal attention in his new surroundings......

And a prediction: this contest won't go the duration.....

Binder
07-29-2004, 03:46 AM
I liked the race 7 furlongs
Val. 3 rated Lucky Guy # 1

I see about 1000 people are out
Wow it seems easy till its time to make that final choice
I only put in one entry so I hope I can hang around

My choice today is # 6 Race 3
Tree Lover

Good Skill

charleslanger
07-29-2004, 07:01 AM
@ 18% eliminated i consider a huge anomaly given the track conditions-- i actually expected 60+ % to be knocked off... 40-55 would've been the usual norm........

Against my better judgement i purchased 6 entries(i was testing to see how long after the deadline purchases were going through :rolleyes: )-- I do much better at Belmont & Aqueduct... like most others i suppose... Still, i have a good feeling-- and will use the same selection on all entries whenever feasible....
I will try to take down most of the pool, or at the least, be the first to win with more than one...

You've really got confidence putting your pick in so early-- I'd never do that... but then again, maybe i should think about doing that--
i have been shut out(too late) at some point in every single NYRA Showdown i've ever entered(the litany of improbable misshaps/excuses is endless)-- in other words, i've yet to be totally eliminated from just losing picks... simultaneously the win roi has been up there....
I plan on making some noise in this one......

Good skill to you & to everyone else who's been kind enough to contribute to the kitty.. ;)

charleslanger
07-29-2004, 12:49 PM
Tough day today-- may well be out. If we can survive unscathed into dry / fast tracks, we'll breathe a huge sigh of relief.

4th race #3 Spun Sugar

8th race #8 Afleet Alex

Good luck.

charleslanger
07-29-2004, 04:29 PM
Bloodbath today!!!

At least 2/3 of today's remaining entries knocked out..... standings will not reflect this until today's racing is over..... I'd say that out of almost 6000 initial entries, only @ 1500 are still alive after the second day is done & over with......

charleslanger
07-29-2004, 05:59 PM
1677 of 5897 left in the game.......

Binder
07-30-2004, 12:28 AM
I 'm out
My choice #6 Tree lover in race 3
went off as the favorite at almost 3/1
and finished 7th

I guess I was dreaming going in with only 1
entry

Not making excuses. But The winner of the race
Miss Crafty Pal
#1 was my other choice
I used Val 3
Its all about betting 2 horses to win
from my Sartin methodology lessons
I wish I had gone with two entries

Good Skill To every one still alive

Binder

charleslanger
07-30-2004, 03:14 AM
All the best to you Binder......

don't feel bad, 48% of contestants quacked on the odds-on choice in a 5-horse field....

I won one where everyone left quacked in a 4-horse field.......

Update: 1653 contestants left, still a bit too many, judging from past history....

OTM Al
07-30-2004, 11:23 AM
Got me too, but the painful part was I was going with Grey Traffic and got scratched into that 4/5 nag that finished dead last....at least I hit a winner on day 1. Looking forward to playing again when Belmont restarts.

charleslanger
07-30-2004, 01:00 PM
Because of that aspect, I try to wait as late as possible-- in case of additional late scratches... to the point of just getting the bets in sometimes... The contest'd be perfect if it allowed changes to bets right up until the cutoff time.....

I really, really also look forward to the Belmont version... & Aqueduct's too... As well Hawthorne's(first place 5K betting voucher).......

Saratoga's no picnic-- again today: the two i'm picking-- i can also find plenty of chinks in their armors-- could find no solid lock in the whole card..... and tomorrow more rains are forecast... Just to survive the first week is gonna take some doing...

Anyhow, today's selections:

race3 #6 Oneofacat: I purposely took a huge risk by not selecting the favorite, as it does have a chance to tire late + it will likely attract the most contest bets... If this horse's last sprint fig is legitimate, it can win by open lengths-- otherwise it's a tossup; i dislike not seeing a second such fig to validate it..... I won't be terribly disappointed to see a late scratch or two here.....

race8 #7 Nothing to Lose: the only leery aspect with this horse is its laying so much closer to the pace since Frankel took over-- hopefully it won't be asked to do too much early today-- rather it be allowed to settle and then make a run.....

Good luck everyone....

OTM Al
07-30-2004, 01:38 PM
Like your Oneofacat bet. She's the one I was likely going to play had I not bombed out yesterday. The fav in the race, Hermione's Magic, just seems to be a bit over-rated and could easily burn up early and finish out. Thought about Air Marshall as well as she always seems to be right there at the end if not the winner. I figured there were only 4 true contenders in that race anyway, so your chances on that ticket are good.

OTM Al
07-30-2004, 03:11 PM
Jeez. Oneofacat dead last. Now I don't feel so bad about being scratched out the day before....

charleslanger
07-30-2004, 09:17 PM
Did you see the fractions? 23.75, 47.25, 1:11.29, 1:23.50

Would've preferred to see the regular closing trip from Oneofacat instead of chasing in second-- maybe that wouldn't have helped to escape last either......

Feel the same way about Nothing to Lose's trip, and i hate to say this-- but i prefer when Lukas handled it last year: lag towards the rear and then unleash a strong kick. I don't know that this horse can rise to the next level with its present running style-- it will always probably be around at the end, but one horse or two will likely emerge towards the end to pass it. That is the main reason i didn't put all entries on its back.

http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbChartResultsDisplay.cfm?TRK=SAR&CY=USA&DATE=07/30/2004&STYLE=EQB

Today was the opposite of yesterday: vulnerable first & second favorites finished in the money all day-- this can make one question all the hard value-work & think about just becoming lazy: either a chalk hound or public handicapper 'best bet' groupie.
But we soldier on-- there will be more days like today, though hopefully not too many...... the consolation's that most of today's successful players won't be around much longer with their present modus operandi.....

And(with no early scratches in the baby races) we didn't have our almost-patented<g> bailout move at our disposal: in a race full of debut babies(and without an overhyped professional maiden favored in the morning line) purposely select an early scratch-- this will put one on the race favorite, who will hopefully be a well-meant firster-- alas no early scratches in the applicable races. And those firsters generating backstretch buzz were debuting for connections with ice-cold records-- for instance(& talk about vulnerable):

In the second race, Jimmy Picou-- who's been well-respected over the years for his work with young horses, was saddling Big Apple Daddy while sporting a 1 X 23 '04 record / 0 X 13 debut record & overall 8% from 76 MSW win record. Similarly for the other talked-about one: Hottothetouch: Billy Turner's 3 X 92 '04 record didn't inspire great confidence....

Onward we march....

charleslanger
07-31-2004, 06:15 AM
A bit of rain fell @ dawn....rest of day will be cloudy, with some reain called for right after racing ends...Some rain possible for Sunday......

Free pass today courtesy of Mr. Frankel in the7th: #3 Intercontinental....

charleslanger
07-31-2004, 01:16 PM
All remaining entries riding on same selection...... There've been some site access problems today-- but that's just been with the main Saratoga page-- Showdown page was always accessible the roundabout way.....
Sure hope this doesn't mean everyone will be given an automatic free pass today--

Only about 50 entries were eliminated yesterday-- leaving: 1445 players out of 5897 are still in the game!

charleslanger
07-31-2004, 04:20 PM
What the * was up with Intercontinental? Immediately taken back so far behind while being so rank?????

linrom1
07-31-2004, 05:04 PM
He was in for the jog.

charleslanger
08-01-2004, 02:51 AM
What's going on with Bailey? Especially-- what happened in the Diana?
As the field broke, Durkin-- describing each horse's start, remarked,"She's been taken well in hand, and she's already 10 lengths behind...!"(at least a dozen-- and a couple behind the next-to-last place horse as he's restraining her). Next he describes the field going around the first turn,"And she's resenting the hold Bailey's got on her, tossing her head about as she rounded the first turn..."
In looking at both sides of the argument here, one could say the best way to relax a rank horse is to take it back far away from any horse-- so hopefully it can settle: its competitive drive won't want to make it pass horses around it-- though, while maybe kissing away any win chance in the process. (Because Bailey was strangling this horse while already clearly behind the next-to-last horse-- the horse was not at all close to most of the field, it wasn't like the horse had bolted to the lead / or even the middle of the by-then strung out field, and then Bailey had attempted to strangle it)
But, as far as the correct strategy vis a vis running position-- if we look at the chart & focus on the horse that split the field evenly in its final position(4th): the runaway early leader(in front by as many as a ½-dozen lengths)...the three horses laying closest to it relatively speaking-- in 2nd, 3rd & 4th place early, collectively filled all in-the-money slots-- while the next three: in 5th, 6th & 7th-- collectively stayed in those positions to the finish line.

This dubious race even prompted Bruno Zalubil, who runs the contest & website-- and as well pens the content & articles-- to make the unprecedented move of including Bailey's answers to his post-race questioning in the contest daily standings recap:
<<Jockey Jerry Bailey reported that Intercontinental (GB) attempted to run off going around the Clubhouse turn: "If she tries to run off going a mile and an eighth anytime before the middle of the race, she is never going to have enough left.”>>
My next question'd've been,"How far back were you attempting to place her early?" And,"What about just having left the reins eased 'by one notch?" "What about the bias? In the race just before yours(& the only other turf affair), allowance horses set a much faster pace-- yet the first half of the field(positions 1 thru 4) collectively stayed that way from start to finish. As in the Diana, no one in back ½ of the field ever got as close as 4th place during any part of the running." "If i didn't know better, i'd say the horse had a better handle on today's bias than you did!"

Looking at all of Bailey's mounts today-- a right fairly inglorious day's work....... leaves us with many lingering doubts & questions.....

charleslanger
08-02-2004, 07:04 AM
If i was still alive, I'd select:
3rd race #1 extent-- should this one scratch out for any reason, then i'd take #3 Balletto-- but under no circumstances whatsoever, would i take the favorite here: 5 Paragon Queen...

Good luck if you happen to be one of the 456 still in... i was already spending the prize money.....:confused: :mad: :o :rolleyes:

charleslanger
08-02-2004, 10:36 PM
Careless pick-- i knew there was a chance the 1 would have the job of keeping the favorite honest-- and pay for it at the end-- just thought it'd have enough to hold off both of the other 'race-fillers'...... The 3 i also liked-- but there also could've been a scenario of favorite(frontrunner) coasting alone to win, the 1 running normal closing race to place, leaving the three-- with its far-back running style, with not much of a cushion of having to get up and beat the others......

Very careless selection......

386 of 5897 still in after exactly one week of racing.

charleslanger
08-04-2004, 11:22 AM
Two fairly equal choices:

9th race #13 Be My Prince

7th race #1 Vicarage

I would lean towards the 13 as safer perhaps...but make sure it scratches in-- because we won't want to land on the 11 or 6 if either winds up favored, as the morning line would suggest....

though in the 7th Vicarage should romp with a clean start-- and therein lies the rub: it bumped at the start in its debut, and now draws the rail. Was the bump its fault? What if the same happens today, the lane is shut off(especially if it shies from the rail), it can't make the lead and gets discouraged?

Good luck.

OTM Al
08-04-2004, 01:51 PM
They're offering a second half showdown!!!! Signup starts friday. Guess they felt bad for all of us that got anihilated early on. Yeah, I'm doin it :)

formula_2002
08-04-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by OTM Al
They're offering a second half showdown!!!! Signup starts friday. Guess they felt bad for all of us that got anihilated early on. Yeah, I'm doin it :)

And I thought I was going to have a peaceful month..ugh

WINMANWIN
09-06-2004, 07:12 PM
I finished 4th & 6th in the Spa's 2nd ShowDown. Does anyone
know with these contests, If you pay the taxes up front ?
and at what Percentage ? The Payouts are just like Horseracing
purses, 60 % to winner, 15%- 2nd, 8 % -3rd, 5 %- 4'TH, 3 %
5TH, 2 % 7TH, 8'TH - 10th 1 %.:confused:

WINMANWIN
09-06-2004, 07:36 PM
I just got the E-mail from N.Y.R.A ...........What a Project.........

Congratulations. You finished in the Top 10 in 2004 Second Half Saratoga SHOWdown. Please go to the features section of NYRA.com to read the Second Half Saratoga SHOWdown story. (I apologize for not being able to send a personalized email; Move Night is hectic and does not allow extra time.)

Before the New York Racing Association can cut a check, I need to verify your name, address and Social Security number with copies of the following documentation:
1, Government-issue identification with photo (Driver License, Passport, etc.).
2, Social Security card or government-issue identification that includes your Social Security Number.

Please send this documentation via email, mail or fax. (Please mail originals as a backup.) Checks cannot be cut until all 10 winners have returned legible documentation.

Note that your winnings will need to be included on yearend tax forms as Additional Income.

JustRalph
09-06-2004, 11:24 PM
Congrats Winman......... If my calc is right.....you made a little over 3 grand? Nice job!

WINMANWIN
09-07-2004, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by JustRalph
Congrats Winman......... If my calc is right.....you made a little over 3 grand? Nice job!

Tks Ralph, and Yes $3,172, with some woulda,coulda,shoulda,s
The last days of the contest, I went off some Winners, that
WON :(

BillW
09-07-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by WINMANWIN
Tks Ralph, and Yes $3,172, with some woulda,coulda,shoulda,s
The last days of the contest, I went off some Winners, that
WON :(

Nice capping WMW. Way to go!.

Bill

Zaf
09-07-2004, 05:24 PM
Outstanding WMW, that is a great accomplishment at the SPA.

ZAFONIC

Trijack
09-07-2004, 05:39 PM
WMW

Nice going. Missed you at Toga this year but with those winnings I know you don't care. There is always next year.

Jack

WINMANWIN
09-07-2004, 06:44 PM
Tks Gents, heres the link if desired, Story about top placements.

http://nyra.com/Saratoga/feature.asp?track=S&id=1166

WINMANWIN
09-15-2004, 06:24 PM
To anyone thinking about partaking in the NYRA showdown, you may want to reconsider, I was informed that everyone that won
any prize money has to wait untill EVERYONE gets there SS card
and drivers Info to NYRA before any funds can be sent:eek: I told
them that was unfair, why should people be penalized, for players that take more than a week or so to get there info faxed, emailed or mailed, have to wait on them, when many did so days ago. He said this contest has many hurdles, you must go thru, to get a CHECK sent, After they get your info, it has to pass thru
5 channels or something, and the NYRA contest is on the borderline, of legal issues with the New York state racing board. Unreal is all I can say, I was told the checks would be mailed out
LAST Saturday, now the new scoop is probably in 2 TO 3 WEEKS.
I wanted NYRA to have the franchise renewed in the future, but
with this utter NONSENSE, there incompetency is Mind Boggling, and I couldn't care less what happens with there Franchise or
upper mgmt, SHAMEFULL....... :mad:

Zaf
09-15-2004, 09:24 PM
Thats total crap :mad: ridiculous

ZAFONIC

PaceAdvantage
09-16-2004, 01:20 AM
There should be clear rules posted as to when prize money should be expected. Are there any official rules posted anywhere?

Also, you shouldn't be surprised that NYRA is crossing every t and dotting every i in this case.