PDA

View Full Version : superfectas

schacht
02-07-2002, 06:53 PM
i like betting the superfecta all the time but im not sure im betting it the right way or spending too much or not enough.i wonder if the professional handicappers like dick schmidt and other s could give me a few tips:cool:

Dick Schmidt
02-07-2002, 07:24 PM
Schacht,

I have never played the super. If you want a reasoned, thoughtful approach backed up by the math, I would recomend Barry Meadows book on betting. He has a very good handle on the exotic and multi-race bets.

Dick

superfecta
02-07-2002, 09:36 PM
My suggestions are :
First, do a history on your bets .Are you even getting winners?good.Now can you consistently come up with contenders in the money?Even better.
Now remember a box is what you are buried in ,not what you bet.
Logically map out the contenders IYO and how you think the race will be run.This means,do you think its all speedsters in the money,or maybe that speed will die and pressers and closers will get in the money,or do you think it will be a mix of all three?
My suggestion is top focus on one horse winning,and then place one or two in the place spot,and two or three in the show,and three or four in the fourth spot.
Now ,if you have a solid opinion on the race,you will have only four or five contenders,so this shouldn't cost very much to play.
If you have several horses as contenders,thats not a good reason to play the super.It just costs too much.
The smart play is small tickets(under 10 bucks IMO).Don't play a lot of combos,that is too much money,play races you have a knack for picking,not just because they have a super.

charleslanger
02-07-2002, 10:00 PM
this might not be helpful, but often times when i dope out a race and have the xacta-- i cannot safely leave out the worst-rated pigs / automatic throwouts, not only for show, but especially for the fourth spot. I think it was Beyer(i understand he specializes in trifectas nowadays) who wrote that for those spots he looks for unknown, young and hungry riders trying to build up business-- rather than big-name riders or journeymen.

GR1@HTR
02-07-2002, 11:42 PM
schacht,

Just curious, how are you betting them? Boxing? ab/abc/abcde/abcedf?

This is one of my favorite ways to bet the super. It looks so silly and stupid that I wouldn't expect anybody else to play it but here it goes...

ab
abc
ALL
Best Closer (must be a super pig at huge odds)

schacht
02-08-2002, 09:16 AM
i will bet them a/abcde/abcde/abcde but if A doesnt win your out,so i try to look for a good winner.