PDA

View Full Version : Monticello: Tuesday, November 29

Teach
11-29-2016, 12:10 PM
Race One:

4 Dungeon Dragon can provides value and may well surprise as a ML 4-1 medium longshot. This race, at least on paper, appears to beg for a closer. This Dragon Again-bred gelding has been a consistent board-hitter. Kyle appears to have found his mojo. He reined home two winners on yesterday’s card; he also had three seconds. Others to consider are: 6 Giacometti. He has shipped down from “The Spa” where he faced better. Second in his last start at this level. Also, 2 May Day and 1 San Antony-O.

Race Two:

5 Dinner Guest has been in rare form competing at this level. Trainer Dolores Basilone has this No Pan Intended-bred aged gelding in rare form; like fine wine this 11 year-old seems to get better with age. He has the chauffeuring services of one of Monticello’s top drivers, Jimmy Devaux. Further, this gelding takes to the slop like a duck takes to water. He should make the top. Then, it’ll be ration, ration, ration out this horse’s speed and endurance. Others: 1 Rocknroll Wildcats; 2 American Island and 3 Paulimony.

Race Three:

1 Giddyallyougot was a disappointing second as a 4/5 fave in his last. Can make amends here and will benefit both from the wet going and his rail starting post. Should be sitting in no worse than a “garden-spot” trip. Should be able to pounce in the stretch to earn the win. Bruce Aldrich, Jr., a most capable reinsman, is this Cam’s Card Shark-bred gelding’s pilot. One of the best conditioners at Monticello, Bob Lounsbury, is this gelding’s trainer. Others: 2 Semalu Express, 3 Muscle Beachboy; 6 My Dad Rocks.

Race Four:

I consider this trot to be a wide-open race where anything might happen, especially on wet-track conditions. I’ve pondered, perused and scrutinized and I’m still perplexed: betwixt and between. Here goes: 3 Paystobea Meangirl gets my tepid lukewarm nod; she has faced better in the past and appears to be able to handle a wet racetrack. Jim Taggart, Jr. is a top-flight driver who handles trotters very well. This SJ’s Caviar-bred mare should be out and going when the wings retract. The front-end may well be the place to be, especially if there are “breakers” in the rear. Others: 6 Nice Dream; 8 Whata Hustler; 4 Nowerland Nathan.

Race Five:

3 Easter Bay is my longshot, value-play try on today’s card. This Pine Valley-bred gelding has faced better in the past. He needed his last, his first pari-mutuel race back after a qualifier. This gelding looks like he can handle a wet track. Add to the mix the driving services of one of Monticello’s finest, Jim Taggart, Jr. With the right trip and proper handling, this gelding can be right there at the finish. Others: 4 Keystone Reactor; 1 Christoffer Bliss; 2 Sir Corbran Z Tam.

Race Six:

7 Red Eye Blue Chip has been off a week; that’s concerning. Yet if this 10 year-old Bettor’s Delight-bred mare is reasonably ready, she can prevail. This mare is certainly capable of overcoming her outside starting post. As cited earlier, Kyle DeBenedetto – he recorded his 6,000th career win earlier this year - has picked up the pace recently and appears to be on a roll. If that trend continues, he can win here. The most capable Norm Bradbury owns and trains. Others: 2 N Make It Snappy; 3 Cruisin Northwest; 5 Hailstorm Grace.

Race Seven:

3 Lola’s Cruiser has admittedly shown little in recent tries, yet this aged gelding now drops down into a level where she’s capable of winning. I wouldn’t be surprised to see this mare out and going when the wings retract. This mare has the services of Jim Taggart, Jr. Nuff Said. Others: 1 Norma Rei; 2 Sing Bird Sing; 6 Sams Fortune.

Race Eight:

2 Pop Icon is my choice in the finale. This Bettor’s Delight-bred gelding had a long, outside “tightener” in his last pari-mutuel try. With that last race under his belt, he should be primed for a top-notch effort, today. The services of reinsman Jim Taggart, Jr. helps. This Magical Mike-bred has certainly faced better in the past. It appears that all that is necessary is careful handling; that should lead to picture-taking time. Others: 5 Intheperfectstorm; 4 Bullville Blast; 8 Wheretheparty’sat.