PDA

View Full Version : Del Mar 7-21

SAL
07-21-2004, 01:05 AM
Del Mar opening day plays:

R1 #2 Dixie Thrill-Wow, first race of the meet and we have a vulnerable favorite to play against. Albatros will certainly go off at odds-on and I will certainly bet against him. Severe drop along with bullet work signals damaged goods to me. Dixie Thrill drops to his lowest level also, but his drop makes more sense. He hasn’t been able to compete at higher levels since Carava claimed him. I think he will be sent for the lead in this field and not look back.

R3 #7 Irony-Another race with questionable runners. This one ran a good race in his only start here last year. Had trouble in his comebacker on the fair circuit. Why is he here instead of Solano? Trainer decent with 2nd off layoff and droppers. Looking for an improved effort here.

R8 #6 Wimplestiltskin-Showed a liking for the grass in two sprints earlier in the year. Couldn’t close against a frontrunner that got an easy lead last time. Anticipate a good trip for him in here tucking in behind two legitimate frontrunners. Not sure how the turf course is playing, but I’ll take this runner at 4/1 or better.