PDA

View Full Version : Klinsmann out - Arena in

PhantomOnTour
11-22-2016, 01:10 PM
After some poor Cup competitions and even poorer qualifying matches for World Cup 2018, Jurgen Klinsmann is out as manager of the US Men's National Soccer Team.

Agree?
Disagree?
Don't care?

He did lead a spirited squad in WC 2014 that gave this country a thrill. If Wondolowski can make the lay up we beat Belgium & move into the quarterfinals...I was actually dreaming of a 'Miracle On Ice' type run :D

cj
11-22-2016, 01:58 PM
After some poor Cup competitions and even poorer qualifying matches for World Cup 2018, Jurgen Klinsmann is out as manager of the US Men's National Soccer Team.

Agree?
Disagree?
Don't care?

He did lead a spirited squad in WC 2014 that gave this country a thrill. If Wondolowski can make the lay up we beat Belgium & move into the quarterfinals...I was actually dreaming of a 'Miracle On Ice' type run :D

Results have been poor of late so I'm ok with it. I like Jurgen though, sad to see him go.

MutuelClerk
11-23-2016, 05:18 PM
I like him too. Maybe over reaction? What are realistic expectations of the USA in the World Cup? Hopefully we make it. I don't see us ever winning it.

cj
11-23-2016, 06:13 PM
I like him too. Maybe over reaction? What are realistic expectations of the USA in the World Cup? Hopefully we make it. I don't see us ever winning it.

Exactly, saw a list recently of the best 100 players in the world and it contained ZERO Americans.

horses4courses
11-23-2016, 08:21 PM
Like previous posters, I agree that Klinsmann is likable and a good coach.
He will land a prime job soon, most likely with a club in Europe.

That being said, it was time for a change with the USMNT.
Recent results have been poor, and they have their work cut out
to make Russia 2018. The current squad of players is not the best,
and it's going to take a big effort to show the needed improvement.

Let's hope they can do it :ThmbUp:

zico20
11-25-2016, 08:16 PM
I wonder if this means the return of Landon Donovan to the team. He does play for Arena.

horses4courses
11-25-2016, 11:01 PM
I wonder if this means the return of Landon Donovan to the team. He does play for Arena.

I can't deny that he might consider Donovan being reintroduced.
Neither coach, nor 34 year old player, says much about the future.
Surely there are younger, fitter, players to choose from?