PDA

View Full Version : Carlin

Actor
11-22-2016, 01:21 AM
TxQclbn9YGI

reckless
11-22-2016, 03:42 AM
One of those named was one Max Hugel who was head of covert operations at the CIA and one of the men most responsible in the rebuilding of Rockingham Park in the early 1980s after a devastating fire. He was that track's CEO and was also born not too far from my old neighborhood in The Bronx, fwiw (not much). :)

Fager Fan
11-22-2016, 08:22 AM
Didn't watch, so he could've said something I agree with (not likely).

Just wanted to say I hate Carlin. I'm not a prude, and have enjoyed dozens and dozens of live comedian shows. I and my friend walked out of a Carlin show. His foul mouth was so foul it wasn't funny. We were heckled by the jerk as we walked out on him. Only show I've ever walked out of and proud of it.

Inner Dirt
11-22-2016, 08:49 AM
Didn't watch, so he could've said something I agree with (not likely).

Just wanted to say I hate Carlin. I'm not a prude, and have enjoyed dozens and dozens of live comedian shows. I and my friend walked out of a Carlin show. His foul mouth was so foul it wasn't funny. We were heckled by the jerk as we walked out on him. Only show I've ever walked out of and proud of it.

Better to have a comedian like Bill Cosby who is proud to have a clean live act who drugs and rapes women.:mad:

Fager Fan
11-22-2016, 08:53 AM
Better to have a comedian like Bill Cosby who is proud to have a clean live act who drugs and rapes women.:mad:

Those are the only 2 choices?

It takes talent to write a clean act. Carlin was using the c and n words and every other of the foulest crap ever mouthed. It wasn't funny. Glad we'd won the tickets instead of paying for them.

Tom
11-22-2016, 10:21 AM
Who really cares what an actor or a comedian, or a musician thinks?
They need to learn to shut up and entertain.

They are like skilled wait staff.
Nothing more.

JustRalph
11-22-2016, 11:02 AM
Those are the only 2 choices?

It takes talent to write a clean act. Carlin was using the c and n words and every other of the foulest crap ever mouthed. It wasn't funny. Glad we'd won the tickets instead of paying for them.

I think in the end it pays off too. Being "clean". See Seinfeld, Leno, Tim Allen etc.

Three guys who got super rich and are still relevant in one way or another.

The other side of that coin is someone like Louie CK. I think he's brilliant, but when he goes blue, it makes me cringe. His TV shows are pure angst and portray the human condition like nobody has before. His production partner Pam Adlon is very much the same, but terrible in her constant willingness to shock. It takes away from both of them in some ways.

Tom
11-22-2016, 11:36 AM
And the "clean" ones are by far the funniest.
Cretins like LCK use profanity to make up for their lack of talent.

jk3521
11-22-2016, 11:49 AM
Near the end Carlin did get a little too nasty. I took that as part of his growing older and being a little too cynical for too many years, but I still loved the guy, 2nd greatest after Richard Pryor. I do like the clean ones like Seinfeld and DeGeneres.

johnhannibalsmith
11-22-2016, 11:53 AM
Well heck with all the Trump fans here that like cleanliness, try this one instead. And yes, he's right, it does just keep getting worse considering this has to be about twenty years old.

54SQtcvKtsc

johnhannibalsmith
11-22-2016, 11:55 AM
Near the end Carlin did get a little too nasty. I took that as part of his growing older and being a little too cynical for too many years, but I still loved the guy, ...

Agreed. I kind of find his last couple of major specials to be almost painful to watch. Some good stuff but like you said the over-the-top cranky delivery is a bit much.

JustRalph
11-22-2016, 12:11 PM
Near the end Carlin did get a little too nasty. I took that as part of his growing older and being a little too cynical for too many years, but I still loved the guy, 2nd greatest after Richard Pryor. I do like the clean ones like Seinfeld and DeGeneres.

He was a drug addict for forty years. He once said he was clean for maybe five years. He went to rehab for the 7th time right before he died if I recall correctly.

I liked the guy, but you could tell when he was off the rails......

Hank
11-22-2016, 03:02 PM
TxQclbn9YGI

Nice try,but this crowd way to ate up to get Carlin.They voted Nero into office and seem to honestly view this as a "positive" outcome :lol: :lol: offered a feces sandwich halved and one side marked D and the other R these poor chaps are pleased with the cuisine because it's R-feces. :lol:

Tom
11-22-2016, 03:08 PM
The ever classless Hank weighs in.

Fitting.

Robert Fischer
11-22-2016, 03:25 PM
not a fan of the liberals or conservatives

and not a big fan of entertainers using polarized political energy as a vehicle, in general

Yet, I like Carlin, and if I am in the right mood, I enjoy his comedy.
That wasn't my favorite routine.
Maybe if I was diehard anti-conservative, it would be my favorite. Or, maybe if I was diehard anti-liberal, I'd disparage him for it.

His brand was "raw counterculture". That is what you will generally get from Carlin.

Criticizing Carlin for bashing conservative politics, is akin to criticizing Trump for arrogance, back when his brand happened to be 'megalomania'.

2 guys doing their shtick.

Tom
11-22-2016, 04:10 PM
He started going downhill shorty after the Hippy-dippy Weatherman.