PDA

View Full Version : Scrolling Formulator

mountainman
11-21-2016, 01:07 PM
My laptop scrolls lifetime past-performances reasonably fast, until the horse has 50 or more starts. Then it crawls and takes forever, whuch makes it impossible to handicap online.

Is there a fix for this?? I know the problem is on my end, because my office computer-a desktop-scolls through them just fine.

EMD4ME
11-21-2016, 01:13 PM
My laptop scrolls lifetime past-performances reasonably fast, until the horse has 50 or more starts. Then it crawls and takes forever, whuch makes it impossible to handicap online.

Is there a fix for this?? I know the problem is on my end, because my office computer-a desktop-scolls through them just fine.

When I get that problem, I restart my pc as clearing the cache isn't enough for me.

Then it moves extremely quick.

Not the best of advice but I feel your pain pal.

Longshot6977
11-23-2016, 07:59 AM

This sounds like insufficient system ram or video ram on the video card. Maybe you can obtain a better video card.

acorn54
11-25-2016, 11:30 AM
it wouldn't hurt to upgrade the ram yourself , just go to crucial.com and the webpage tells what your laptop is compatable with as far as ram. i always buy my puters with low ram and upgrade by adding ram myself to increase speed. it's the biggest bang for the buck as far as computer purchasing goes. anyway if you only have 4 or 6 ram then you might consider upgrading to more ram

classhandicapper
11-26-2016, 03:56 PM

This isn't an answer, but I don't see why you need lifetime PPs set on all the time. Unless you looking back for some old turf, off track, or similarly unique races I would keep my setting at 10 races +/- a few and only switch to lifetime PPs when I really need to. That might be a decent work around in most cases.

AltonKelsey
11-27-2016, 02:39 AM
Actually, the amount of ram needed to display 100 lines vs 20 lines would be a pretty trivial difference , when we're talking MEGS of ram.

Not saying it isn't a memory issue, but could be a design problem too.

Track Phantom
12-07-2016, 05:55 AM
I believe it is the browser you're using, not sure why. I have the same problem if I view Formulator in Google Chrome or Internet Explorer. When I view Formulator in Firefox, no such issue.