PDA

View Full Version : Mahoning Valley Spot Plays 11-21-16

rrpic6
11-21-2016, 08:51 AM
Old man Winter couldn't hold off for a few more days in NE Ohio. 4 inches of snow in Austintown Sunday has melted to one inch but the temperature is hovering around the freezing mark this morning. This is discouraging as there are 2 nice Stakes races at MVRC today.

Race 6 Hollywood Gaming Mahoning Distaff 75K

#6 Donita's Ruler: Won in a DH in this race last year but was DQ'd to 2nd after drifting out in the stretch. Posted career high BRIS Speed Fig of 104 that day. In her last race at Keeneland she pressed the pace but faded to 5th, beaten by almost 4 lengths. The winner Kathballu came back Saturday to win the 75K Orleans at Delta.

#3 Regia Marina: Eoin Harty shippers to MVR are always live. He's 2 for 2 there so far this meet. This filly is quite versatile winning at various sprint distances on dirt and Tapeta. She's been working at Keeneland and Hawthorne in preparation of trying the Mahoning Valley surface for the 1st time.

#7 She's a Bootsy Too: She was previously trained by Kellen Gorder. Don't know much about John A Ortiz as a conditioner. She hasn't missed a workout in 2 months at Keeneland. She did win her 1st 2 races at Oaklawn this past Winter. She finished 4th by 2 lengths in a 150K Stakes there in April and has not raced since. Regular jock Channing Hill is named to ride today.

Race 7 The Steel Valley Sprint 200K

#3 Awesome Banner: Mark Casse sends his Florida Bred star sprinter to MVR. He's won 5 Stakes in Florida this year including the Grade 3 Hutcheson and Grade 2 Swale. This his 1st race outside the Sunshine State. Tyler Gaffalione is named to ride. He has been favored in all seven sprint races, winning five and finishing 2nd in the other two.

#5 Bandwidth: This could be the "now" sprinter in America. MVR will be his 5th different track in as many starts. Undefeated in three sprints with increasing BRIS speed figures each time. His only loss was around two turns at Keeneland in October 2015. He was favored in that race which was won by Gun Runner. Jason Servis trains and Paco Lopez is named to ride. I think he might end up going off as the favorite even if there are no scratches. The 3-1 morning line is quite generous. I'd have to play him on the win side if he's between 7/5 and 9/5.

#8 Mo Dont No: This Ohio Bred is poised to be named best 3 year old and possibly Horse of the Year in Ohio. He has won from 6 furlongs to his most recent victory at 1 1/4 miles, the 150K Best of Ohio Endurance at MVR on 10-29. His only time off the board was the Ohio Derby at Thistledown on July 4th. He scratched out of a restricted Ohio Bred 75K stakes to run today. Local conditioner Jeff Radosevich is the leading Trainer so far this meet. Jockey Luis Colon is winning at a 42% clip.

Good Luck. Grab a hot coffee, chocolate or toddy, turn on TVG and enjoy a day at Mahoning Valley Race Course!

RR

NorCalGreg
11-21-2016, 10:15 AM
If I may add a couple plays Ron....

5th Race #1 SAMBUCCA STEVE 10-1

Horse-for-course tries for two in a row for sharp trainer

8th Race #6 CLAIRE B. C. 12-1

Field comes up very weak--this one wins by default

upthecreek
11-21-2016, 11:28 AM
Race 2 #10 6-1 ML
Race 4 #1 9/2 ML

rrpic6
11-21-2016, 11:55 AM
If I may add a couple plays Ron....

5th Race #1 SAMBUCCA STEVE 10-1

Horse-for-course tries for two in a row for sharp trainer

8th Race #6 CLAIRE B. C. 12-1

Field comes up very weak--this one wins by default

I'm a big fan of Owner/Trainer Guy Tauzin who has #6 Claire B. C. A real horseman and gentleman. I always root for his charges....whether I bet on them or not. Am using this one in my pick 4 today. Nice carryover, about $2500. Pool should reach 20K today.

RR

turfeyejoe
11-21-2016, 01:30 PM
Here are a couple price plays I will include on my pick 4 tickets

Race 8: 8-Goldspringseternal (15-1), 10-Unbridled Fantasy (8-1) ... both cutting back in distance following a freshening.
Race 9: 3-Flat River (10-1), 9-Strike Ahead (8-1)

upthecreek
11-21-2016, 02:27 PM
Race 2 #10 6-1 ML
Race 4 #1 9/2 ML
Since I had a scratch and an off the board , ill try one more
Race 5. #9 Win. And a long shot #4 WPS

upthecreek
11-21-2016, 02:39 PM
Since I had a scratch and an off the board , ill try one more
Race 5. #9 Win. And a long shot #4 WPS
Caught both
#9 winner @ 4-1 and #4 show spot @ 25-1 :ThmbUp:
#9 $10.20. #4 $12.60
I'm quitting while I'm ahead Good luck men

Zydeco
11-21-2016, 03:58 PM
Old man Winter couldn't hold off for a few more days in NE Ohio. 4 inches of snow in Austintown Sunday has melted to one inch but the temperature is hovering around the freezing mark this morning. This is discouraging as there are 2 nice Stakes races at MVRC today.

Race 6 Hollywood Gaming Mahoning Distaff 75K

#6 Donita's Ruler: Won in a DH in this race last year but was DQ'd to 2nd after drifting out in the stretch. Posted career high BRIS Speed Fig of 104 that day. In her last race at Keeneland she pressed the pace but faded to 5th, beaten by almost 4 lengths. The winner Kathballu came back Saturday to win the 75K Orleans at Delta.

#3 Regia Marina: Eoin Harty shippers to MVR are always live. He's 2 for 2 there so far this meet. This filly is quite versatile winning at various sprint distances on dirt and Tapeta. She's been working at Keeneland and Hawthorne in preparation of trying the Mahoning Valley surface for the 1st time.

#7 She's a Bootsy Too: She was previously trained by Kellen Gorder. Don't know much about John A Ortiz as a conditioner. She hasn't missed a workout in 2 months at Keeneland. She did win her 1st 2 races at Oaklawn this past Winter. She finished 4th by 2 lengths in a 150K Stakes there in April and has not raced since. Regular jock Channing Hill is named to ride today.

Race 7 The Steel Valley Sprint 200K

#3 Awesome Banner: Mark Casse sends his Florida Bred star sprinter to MVR. He's won 5 Stakes in Florida this year including the Grade 3 Hutcheson and Grade 2 Swale. This his 1st race outside the Sunshine State. Tyler Gaffalione is named to ride. He has been favored in all seven sprint races, winning five and finishing 2nd in the other two.

#5 Bandwidth: This could be the "now" sprinter in America. MVR will be his 5th different track in as many starts. Undefeated in three sprints with increasing BRIS speed figures each time. His only loss was around two turns at Keeneland in October 2015. He was favored in that race which was won by Gun Runner. Jason Servis trains and Paco Lopez is named to ride. I think he might end up going off as the favorite even if there are no scratches. The 3-1 morning line is quite generous. I'd have to play him on the win side if he's between 7/5 and 9/5.

#8 Mo Dont No: This Ohio Bred is poised to be named best 3 year old and possibly Horse of the Year in Ohio. He has won from 6 furlongs to his most recent victory at 1 1/4 miles, the 150K Best of Ohio Endurance at MVR on 10-29. His only time off the board was the Ohio Derby at Thistledown on July 4th. He scratched out of a restricted Ohio Bred 75K stakes to run today. Local conditioner Jeff Radosevich is the leading Trainer so far this meet. Jockey Luis Colon is winning at a 42% clip.

Good Luck. Grab a hot coffee, chocolate or toddy, turn on TVG and enjoy a day at Mahoning Valley Race Course!

RR

Nice job!

turfeyejoe
11-21-2016, 04:48 PM
Thanks to the DQ in race 8, which moved Unbridled Fancy up to 1st, I caught the double with Flat River at 8-1, paying $89.

Unicorn
11-21-2016, 04:52 PM
I caught the 8th race place horse dq'd from first and the 9th race winner in the monday thread. I didn't really see clear enough evidence for the dq, oh well.

NorCalGreg
11-21-2016, 04:53 PM
Thanks to the DQ in race 8, which moved Unbridled Fancy up to 1st, I caught the double with Flat River at 8-1, paying $89.

Nice, Joe....I remember you from the Pick-4 contest leaderboard (of which I wasn't part of)--you were there from day 1 :ThmbUp:

rrpic6
11-21-2016, 07:02 PM
Nice job!

Thanks, but my ticket structure was poor. The DQ didn't help either.

RR