PDA

View Full Version : peter berry

ldiatone
11-14-2016, 06:02 PM
whats about that i found on my twitter page??

Peter Berry
‏@peterberry57
Special thanks to John McGary, @FrankMirahmadi and Huntress Helena for helping me land the job in Louisiana.

EMD4ME
11-14-2016, 06:03 PM
whats about that i found on my twitter page??

Peter Berry
‏@peterberry57
Special thanks to John McGary, @FrankMirahmadi and Huntress Helena for helping me land the job in Louisiana.

LAD? EVD?

ldiatone
11-14-2016, 06:22 PM
LAD? EVD?
he didnt say

zawaaa
11-14-2016, 06:28 PM
Peter Berry
‏@peterberry57

I just accepted an offer to call the quarter-horse meet at Louisiana Downs January through March. Excited and grateful for the opportunity.
welp

that's not exactly the dream job at saratoga we're all still waiting on; yet http://i.imgur.com/ZA4rTqs.gif

theiman
11-14-2016, 07:02 PM
welp

that's not exactly the dream job at saratoga we're all still waiting on; yet http://i.imgur.com/ZA4rTqs.gif

Peter Berry ‏@peterberry57 5h5 hours ago
I just accepted an offer to
call the quarter-horse meet
at Louisiana Downs January
through March. Excited and
grateful for the opportunity.

zawaaa
11-14-2016, 07:30 PM
we really should have an embedded tweet option around here, lol

EMD4ME
11-14-2016, 10:47 PM
Peter Berry ‏@peterberry57 5h5 hours ago
I just accepted an offer to
call the quarter-horse meet
at Louisiana Downs January
through March. Excited and
grateful for the opportunity.

I'd rather have such a talent calling any type of non harness action as opposed to Buffalo raceway.

Good for Peter to stay busy in the "offseason".

Only down side is, with such a short race, there's not much room for his witty personality to shine as opposed to those loooooong slow super routes at the Mountain.

Peter Berry
11-15-2016, 09:02 AM
I'd rather have such a talent calling any type of non harness action as opposed to Buffalo raceway.

Good for Peter to stay busy in the "offseason".

Only down side is, with such a short race, there's not much room for his witty personality to shine as opposed to those loooooong slow super routes at the Mountain.
When I started at Mountaineer in 2004 our season ran 11 months; now it's seven. I'm delighted - and fortunate - to pick up off-season work again, even if I'll be a long way from my family this time. What's weird is I live near Mahoning Valley racetrack and I'll be working at Louisiana Downs. John McGary, the track announcer at Mahoning Valley, lives near Louisiana Downs. Go figure.

lamboguy
11-15-2016, 09:18 AM
When I started at Mountaineer in 2004 our season ran 11 months; now it's seven. I'm delighted - and fortunate - to pick up off-season work again, even if I'll be a long way from my family this time. What's weird is I live near Mahoning Valley racetrack and I'll be working at Louisiana Downs. John McGary, the track announcer at Mahoning Valley, lives near Louisiana Downs. Go figure.its crazy how things seem to work out backwards!

congratulations on your new job, hope you enjoy yourself in the Bayou

barahona44
11-15-2016, 09:21 AM
They probably heard the way he called Huntress Helena's 2 furlong races. :)

Congrats on your new job.No rest for the wicked!

Mulerider
11-15-2016, 09:22 AM
Congratulations, Peter! LAD serves the best chicken and sausage gumbo around. Only $4, your choice of cornbread or crackers!

Hope to meet you this winter!

Mule

rrpic6
11-15-2016, 09:31 AM
When I started at Mountaineer in 2004 our season ran 11 months; now it's seven. I'm delighted - and fortunate - to pick up off-season work again, even if I'll be a long way from my family this time. What's weird is I live near Mahoning Valley racetrack and I'll be working at Louisiana Downs. John McGary, the track announcer at Mahoning Valley, lives near Louisiana Downs. Go figure.
Rumor has it you have to walk John McGary's dog Chipper while you are down there as part of the deal.:D

RR

summersquall
11-15-2016, 09:36 AM
Congratulations to one of my favorite racecallers. Hope that the etouffee's makes up for the lack of stromboli.

EMD4ME
11-15-2016, 09:47 AM

You guys should do a swap!

bello
11-15-2016, 11:13 AM
But Peter.....Can you say "ils sont partis" without a Kiwi accent?

jwcomposer
11-15-2016, 03:16 PM
Don't know many Melburnians with Kiwi accents ;)

Lafecs
11-15-2016, 11:41 PM
He does a good job at Mountaineer. Good luck PB

appistappis
11-17-2016, 01:42 AM
peter, good luck......accckkkkkk (i think I swallowed a moth) at lad.

Peter Berry
11-17-2016, 07:48 AM
peter, good luck......accckkkkkk (i think I swallowed a moth) at lad.
Enclosed booth at Louisiana Downs. Swallow-proof.