PDA

View Full Version : Lunar Alert!

Tom
11-14-2016, 12:38 PM
The Moon is currently closer to the Earth than any other time in the last 70 years!

At his rate, it will collide with us in no time! :eek::eek:

Has Al Gore told anyone what we should do about this yet?

EasyGoer89
11-14-2016, 01:31 PM
It's a perfect opportunity for whoopi Goldberg, Cher, Miley and all the other American hating pukes to get on that shuttle and leave, maybe the moon is 'accepting applications' for residents, their flight won't be as long if they leave today.

#neverforgetneverforgivenevertrump

boxcar
11-14-2016, 01:36 PM
It's a perfect opportunity for whoopi Goldberg, Cher, Miley and all the other American hating pukes to get on that shuttle and leave, maybe the moon is 'accepting applications' for residents, their flight won't be as long if they leave today.

#neverforgetneverforgivenevertrump

Assuming their passports are in order, she should all leave sooner rather then later.

elysiantraveller
11-14-2016, 02:11 PM
Opening day of Firearm Deer season where I live tomorrow.

Should be an interesting as their activity is in line with the lunar cycle and the rut is very late this year due to a super warm fall.

:)

EasyGoer89
11-14-2016, 02:14 PM
Opening day of Firearm Deer season where I live tomorrow.

Should be an interesting as their activity is in line with the lunar cycle and the rut is very late this year due to a super warm fall.

:)

You don't shoot innocent animals, do you?

elysiantraveller
11-14-2016, 02:18 PM
You don't shoot innocent animals, do you?

Yes.

And guilty ones.

VigorsTheGrey
11-14-2016, 02:19 PM
The Moon is currently closer to the Earth than any other time in the last 70 years!

At his rate, it will collide with us in no time! :eek::eek:

Has Al Gore told anyone what we should do about this yet?

It never ceases to amaze me that the moon just doesn't drift off into space, or fall into the earth more rapidly than it does. The earth's mass is powerful enough to hold the moon near it and in rotational lock with it, yet not strong enough to pull it in quickly....time for Actor or one of our science team to jump in and explain it to us all...

tucker6
11-14-2016, 02:27 PM
It never ceases to amaze me that the moon just doesn't drift off into space, or fall into the earth more rapidly than it does. The earth's mass is powerful enough to hold the moon near it and in rotational lock with it, yet not strong enough to pull it in quickly....time for Actor or one of our science team to jump in and explain it to us all...
Over time, the moon has been moving away and not closer.

http://content.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1929328_1929325_1929310,00.html

Tom

Watch the Science Channel - the Moon may be heading our way!!!!

Show Me the Wire

It is artificial and has a programmed orbit. There was a time, on earth, before the moon. An independent thinker, like yourself, certainly understands the Vasin-Shcherbakov Theory.

EasyGoer89
11-14-2016, 08:30 PM
[QUOTE=elysiantraveller]Yes.

And guilty ones.[/QUOTE

What serial killers began their path by abusing animals?This list features the serial killers that have openly admitted to hurting and killing animals.

David Berkowitz - The Son of Sam. ...
Brenda Ann Spencer. ...
Jeffrey Dahmer. ...
Albert Desalvo. ...
Ted Bundy. ...
Edmund Kemper. ...
Andrew Cunanan. ...
Lee Boyd Malvo.

PhantomOnTour
11-14-2016, 09:12 PM
Well this thread has certainly gone off the rails....

I saw the moon tonight expecting to be dazzled, and it basically looks like any other full moon, just brighter.

HuggingTheRail
11-14-2016, 09:19 PM
Heard them talking on the radio today about a large moon....just assumed it was something to do with a Kardashian

VigorsTheGrey
11-14-2016, 10:44 PM
It is artificial and has a programmed orbit. There was a time, on earth, before the moon. An independent thinker, like yourself, certainly understands the Vasin-Shcherbakov Theory.

It's OK....if you do not like me, just say so....bad mockery reveals more than it abuses...

Show Me the Wire
11-15-2016, 01:36 AM
It's OK....if you do not like me, just say so....bad mockery reveals more than it abuses...

What about a person who said the following?

And so many bigots who falsely believe this to be the case...
and

I don't need your jesus god...I have my own personal relationship with my THOR, ODIN's son, and ODIN created the universe, and there's gonna be this great battle in the not too distant future called Ragnarok....and your jesus is going to do battle with my THOR, and My THOR is gonna be victorious.

And I'm going to sit at the right hand of ODIN my father, and I'm gonna be co- equal with my brother THOR, and we are all gonna throw hammers around forever and ever! Amen! Sounds like some bad mocking to me.

There are plenty more like the above-mentioned remarks. Too many to list. Also, I have omitted the anti-Semitic rants mocking people for believing in a Jew and his family.

So what does the above bad mockery reveal? Another poster who is the answer to the Humpty Dumpty riddle? Another who enjoys dishing it out to others, but is too fragile to have it dished back.

I'll let you guess who this certain fragile poster is.

Tom
11-15-2016, 07:40 AM
Well this thread has certainly gone off the rails....

I saw the moon tonight expecting to be dazzled, and it basically looks like any other full moon, just brighter.

That is just what it wants you to think.......

elysiantraveller
11-15-2016, 09:41 AM
That is just what it wants you to think.......

Meh... I've seen 15+ so far and got a really cool video of a little buck directly under me.

If it makes them feel any better I'm carrying a AR. :cool:

Moon was pretty cool this morning walking out.

VigorsTheGrey
11-15-2016, 10:33 AM
What about a person who said the following?

And so many bigots who falsely believe this to be the case...
and

I don't need your jesus god...I have my own personal relationship with my THOR, ODIN's son, and ODIN created the universe, and there's gonna be this great battle in the not too distant future called Ragnarok....and your jesus is going to do battle with my THOR, and My THOR is gonna be victorious.

And I'm going to sit at the right hand of ODIN my father, and I'm gonna be co- equal with my brother THOR, and we are all gonna throw hammers around forever and ever! Amen! Sounds like some bad mocking to me.

There are plenty more like the above-mentioned remarks. Too many to list. Also, I have omitted the anti-Semitic rants mocking people for believing in a Jew and his family.

So what does the above bad mockery reveal? Another poster who is the answer to the Humpty Dumpty riddle? Another who enjoys dishing it out to others, but is too fragile to have it dished back.

Oh no, you might have it wrong here...what goes around, comes around....and why isn't the mockery justified? The christian and hebrew and islamic religions MOCK ME CONTINUOUSLY...they attempt to put me in my place ALWAYS...they seek to SUBJECT ME to the presumed AUTHORITY of their point of view..to their GODS....they want me ALWAYS to BOW DOWN....to SUBMIT before their presumed MAJESTY...do you REALLY think that a family of hebrews PRESUMED HOLY, and who lived and died more than 2000 years ago, are the still living MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE.....? REALLY...?

Show Me the Wire
11-15-2016, 11:01 AM
Oh no, you might have it wrong here...what goes around, comes around....and why isn't the mockery justified? The christian and hebrew and islamic religions MOCK ME CONTINUOUSLY...they attempt to put me in my place ALWAYS...they seek to SUBJECT ME to the presumed AUTHORITY of their point of view..to their GODS....they want me ALWAYS to BOW DOWN....to SUBMIT before their presumed MAJESTY...do you REALLY think that a family of jews PRESUMED HOLY, and who lived and died more than 2000 years ago, are the still living MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE.....? REALLY...?

Oh poor you. Christian and Hebrew and Islamic religions mock you personally. So you are justified in your mocking. You must really be important for these religions to focus their mockery on you.

Since you labeled my post to you as mockery, let me ask you a few questions. Did I call you an offensive or insulting name in my post? I referred to you as an independent thinker, which is how you referred to yourself. Independent thinkers are not copy cats and are not bound by conventional wisdom. I gave you an answer to your question about the moon. An answer, which an independent thinker may be familiar with.

This is my exact quote:
An independent thinker, like yourself, certainly understands the Vasin-Shcherbakov Theory.

Additionally, there are testimonies by native American Indians about the time before the moon and also ancient Greek testimonies about this time period.

The memory of a world without a moon lives in oral tradition among the Indians. The Indians of the Bogota highlands in the eastern Cordilleras of Colombia relate some of their tribal reminiscences to the time before there was a moon. “In the earliest times, when the moon was not yet in the heavens,” say the tribesmen of Chibchas
A. von Humboldt, Vues des Cordillères (1816), English transl.: Researches Concerning the Institutions and Monuments of the Ancient Inhabitants of America, (1814), vol. I, p. 87; cf. H. Fischer, In mondener Welt (1930), p. 145.

The period when the Earth was Moonless is probably the most remote recollection of mankind. Democritus and Anaxagoras taught that there was a time when the Earth was without the Moon.(1) Aristotle wrote that Arcadia in Greece, before being inhabited by the Hellenes, had a population of Pelasgians, and that these aborigines occupied the land already before there was a moon in the sky above the Earth; for this reason they were called Proselenes.
Aristotle, fr. 591 (ed. V. Rose [Teubner:Tuebingen, 1886] ). Cf. Pauly’s Realencyclopaedie der classischen Altertumswissenschaft, article “Mond” ; H. Roscher, Lexicon d. griech. und roemisch. Mythologie, article “Proselenes.”

Do you think these groups held this belief of a time before the moon, while man inhabited the earth, as a way of specifically mocking an independent thinker like yourself too?

Show Me the Wire
11-15-2016, 11:18 AM
some bad mocking to me.

Even though I was not mocking you, thanks for proving my insight about you Vigors.

Your reply about a perceived mocking of you, revealed oh so much more too.

VigorsTheGrey
11-15-2016, 11:24 AM
Oh poor you. Christian and Hebrew and Islamic religions mock you personally. So you are justified in your mocking. You must really be important for these religions to focus their mockery on you.

Since you labeled my post to you as mockery, let me ask you a few questions. Did I call you an offensive or insulting name in my post? I referred to you as an independent thinker, which is how you referred to yourself. Independent thinkers are not copy cats and are not bound by conventional wisdom. I gave you an answer to your question about the moon. An answer, which an independent thinker may be familiar with.

This is my exact quote:

Additionally, there are testimonies by native American Indians about the time before the moon and also ancient Greek testimonies about this time period.

The memory of a world without a moon lives in oral tradition among the Indians. The Indians of the Bogota highlands in the eastern Cordilleras of Colombia relate some of their tribal reminiscences to the time before there was a moon. “In the earliest times, when the moon was not yet in the heavens,” say the tribesmen of Chibchas
A. von Humboldt, Vues des Cordillères (1816), English transl.: Researches Concerning the Institutions and Monuments of the Ancient Inhabitants of America, (1814), vol. I, p. 87; cf. H. Fischer, In mondener Welt (1930), p. 145.

The period when the Earth was Moonless is probably the most remote recollection of mankind. Democritus and Anaxagoras taught that there was a time when the Earth was without the Moon.(1) Aristotle wrote that Arcadia in Greece, before being inhabited by the Hellenes, had a population of Pelasgians, and that these aborigines occupied the land already before there was a moon in the sky above the Earth; for this reason they were called Proselenes.
Aristotle, fr. 591 (ed. V. Rose [Teubner:Tuebingen, 1886] ). Cf. Pauly’s Realencyclopaedie der classischen Altertumswissenschaft, article “Mond” ; H. Roscher, Lexicon d. griech. und roemisch. Mythologie, article “Proselenes.”

Do you think these groups held this belief of a time before the moon, while man inhabited the earth, as a way of specifically mocking an independent thinker like yourself too?

Are you denying that your post to me was NOT mockery? Like I say, if you just don't like me, just let me know, you will feel better if you just say it directly and do not hide your true feelings for me....

Let me ask you this...Do YOU really believe in the "Vasin-Shcherbakov Theory"....? Do YOU really believe in a memory in humans of a time BEFORE there was a moon?

And what is your opinion of so called "independent thinking" with "free thought"....ARE YOU YOURSELF AN INDEPENDENT THINKER? Your honest answers to these questions will go far in determining if you were mocking me in your original post to me...I didn't bring any of this up...YOU DID and BAITED ME....I pretended to bite....you tried to suck me into expressing my private opinions about religion, which you disagree with and find unsavory to your religious tastes....Admit it, you just don't like me....

Show Me the Wire
11-15-2016, 11:40 AM
Are you denying that your post to me was NOT mockery? Like I say, if you just don't like me, just let me know, you will feel better if you just say it directly and do not hide your true feelings for me....

Let me ask you this...Do YOU really believe in the "Vasin-Shcherbakov Theory"....? Do YOU really believe in a memory in humans of a time BEFORE there was a moon?

And what is your opinion of so called "independent thinking" with "free thought"....ARE YOU YOURSELF AN INDEPENDENT THINKER? Your honest answers to these questions will go far in determining if you were mocking me in your original post to me...I didn't bring any of this up...YOU DID and BAITED ME....I pretended to bite....you tried to suck me into expressing my private opinions about religion, which you disagree with and find unsavory to your religious tastes....Admit it, you just don't like me....

I don't respond to baseless accusations. It is possible there was a time before the moon. I refer to myself as a critical thinker trained in logic and think-outside-the box when necessary.

I didn't have to suck you into anything. You have expressed your private opinions about religion many times before and have made them well known. I posted your previous mockery to illustrate your hypocrisy of labeling another poster's post as mockery. You even revealed more about yourself with your so-called justification for mocking religion.

Yes, I disagree with your opinions but I do not find them unsavory, lets say I find most of your opinions off the wall. You have the right to your opinion, even if you think the three main Western Religions specifically target you for mockery and your mockery is justified. Again about liking you or not liking you, I don't respond to baseless accusations.

VigorsTheGrey
11-15-2016, 12:01 PM
I don't respond to baseless accusations. It is possible there was a time before the moon. I refer to myself as a critical thinker trained in logic and think-outside-the box when necessary.

I didn't have to suck you into anything. You have expressed your private opinions about religion many times before and have made them well known. I posted your previous mockery to illustrate your hypocrisy of labeling another poster's post as mockery. You even revealed more about yourself with your so-called justification for mocking religion.

Yes, I disagree with your opinions but I do not find them unsavory, lets say I find most of your opinions off the wall. You have the right to your opinion, even if you think the three main Western Religions specifically target you for mockery and your mockery is justified. Again about liking you or not liking you, I don't respond to baseless accusations.

The mono-theistic religions DO NOT TARGET ME INDIVIDUALLY....they label and hypocritically admonish ALL who do not submit to their doctrines; and refer to them as SINNERS, HEATHEN, INFIDELS, etc, etc..., before the presumed MAJESTY of their GODS...I am just one part of that "SINFUL ALL"
that they constantly refer to...

I asked you specific questions and you failed to respond to them...

1. Do you deny that your post was NOT mockery?
2. Do YOU really believe in the "Vasin-Shcherbakov Theory"....?
3. Do YOU really believe in a memory in humans of a time BEFORE there was a moon?
4. What is YOUR opinion of "independent thinking"....?

I don't see how those are baseless accusations...

OK, I agree that the question of liking me or not, is pointless and irrelevant here...

Tom
11-15-2016, 12:09 PM
Note to self.......no more moon threads.

CincyHorseplayer
11-15-2016, 12:15 PM

No doubt! :D

Marshall Bennett
11-15-2016, 12:26 PM
The moon is an average of 238,000 miles from earth. The closest it can ever approach is 221,000 miles, which would be roughly 5% closer/brighter than normal. Many can't notice any sufficient difference because by the numbers there really isn't any.

Show Me the Wire
11-15-2016, 12:30 PM
The mono-theistic religions DO NOT TARGET ME INDIVIDUALLY....they label and hypocritically admonish ALL who do not submit to their doctrines; and refer to them as SINNERS, HEATHEN, INFIDELS, etc, etc..., before the presumed MAJESTY of their GODS...I am just one part of that "SINFUL ALL"
that they constantly refer to...

I asked you specific questions and you failed to respond to them...

1. Do you deny that your post was NOT mockery?
2. Do YOU really believe in the "Vasin-Shcherbakov Theory"....?
3. Do YOU really believe in a memory in humans of a time BEFORE there was a moon?
4. What is YOUR opinion of "independent thinking"....?

I don't see how those are baseless accusations...

OK, I agree that the question of liking me or not, is pointless and irrelevant here...

First I hate to break it to you, people who submit to Christianity refer to themselves as sinners. I can't speak for the other religions mentioned. However, you are not specifically singled out individually or as an outside group and labeled as you proposed, in your above rant, because you do not submit to traditional Christian doctrine.

Second I answered your questions. Go back and read my responses. I never called you an offensive or insulting name in my post? I referred to you as an independent thinker, which is how you referred to yourself. Independent thinkers are not copy cats and are not bound by conventional wisdom. I gave you an answer to your question about the moon. An answer, which an independent thinker may be familiar with.

This is my exact quote in the post you are questioning:

An independent thinker, like yourself, certainly understands the Vasin-Shcherbakov Theory.

In my opinion that is not mocking you, as I did not make fun of your beliefs about the moon nor call you an offensive name.

Give it a rest Humpty Dumpty as the natives are getting restless about the thread drift. (sarcasm, not mockery, relating to the Humpty Dumpty reference)

If you want to rant about religion and its persecution of you do it in the religious thread.

Show Me the Wire
11-15-2016, 12:46 PM

Us moon bats come out during moon threads, like moths drawn to a super bright light :eek: :eek: :eek:

Tom
11-15-2016, 03:44 PM
Us moon bats come out during moon threads, like moths drawn to a super bright light :eek: :eek: :eek:

No problem.
I drift through life on wayward threads.
I forgot to add the :rolleyes::D at the end of my post.

MargieRose
11-15-2016, 09:49 PM
Supermoon 2016

21 photos from around the world:

http://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2016/11/supermoon-2016/507605/

VigorsTheGrey
11-15-2016, 10:09 PM
"Today, on November 14, at 6:20 am Eastern time, the moon approached within 356,500 km (221,500 mi) of Earth, in what is scientifically known as a perigee-syzygy of the Earth-Moon-Sun system (perigee: closest point of an elliptical orbit; syzygy: straight line made of three bodies in a gravitational system)." From previous article, above.

I read somewhere that earthquakes are more likely during this syzygy-perigee period due to combined gravitation from moon and sun...maybe explains New Zealand quakes, perhaps others soon...

PaceAdvantage
11-17-2016, 03:57 PM
do you REALLY think that a family of hebrews PRESUMED HOLYWhy capitalize PRESUMED HOLY but leave hebrews in all lower case?

What do you have against hebrews?

VigorsTheGrey
11-17-2016, 04:41 PM
Why capitalize PRESUMED HOLY but leave hebrews in all lower case?

What do you have against hebrews?

I don't have anything against Hebrews or anyone else, I just don't think that any Hebrew is, or at any time, has been, is, or will be, A GOD....this would necessarily include Jesus Christ since it is maintained that he was of the tribe of Judah, in other words, Jesus was Jewish, and so was Mary, and presumably Joseph... So if I am being asked to worship Jesus as God, then I am being asked to worship a Jewish person as a God, no?

PaceAdvantage
11-17-2016, 04:47 PM
What does the former religion of this proposed God have to do with anything?

I don't understand your point in this last reply. What does Jesus having been Jewish have to do with anything? Or am I not understanding what you are trying to convey?

VigorsTheGrey
11-17-2016, 05:13 PM
What does the former religion of this proposed God have to do with anything?

I don't understand your point in this last reply. What does Jesus having been Jewish have to do with anything? Or am I not understanding what you are trying to convey?

As far as I know, Jesus retained his religion, which was Judaism. He said himself that he came to fulfill the law of moses....the geneology of Jesus, is apparently, very important, and we might want to get Boxcar's expertise involved here, as he knows vastly more on the importance of Jesus being Jewish, the lion of the tribe of Judah....but there is a curious aside that is also very perplexing here, that is that since Mary was virgin, as was impregnated without her knowledge by the holy ghost, it can not rightly be said that Jesus' genealogy came from his father's side, but must have come from Mary's.... So it would be nice to get Boxcar's view on this....or maybe....Showmethewire might, although I doubt he is wont to do so...

barahona44
11-18-2016, 11:15 AM
I hate to be a noodge, but Hebrew is a language, not the name of an ethnic group or a religion.

Jess Hawsen Arown
11-18-2016, 06:19 PM
I hate to be a noodge, but Hebrew is a language, not the name of an ethnic group or a religion.

Hebrew has multiple meanings.

He·brew
ˈhēbro͞o/
noun
a member of an ancient people living in what is now Israel and Palestine and, according to biblical tradition, descended from the patriarch Jacob, grandson of Abraham. After the Exodus ( circa 1300 BC) they established the kingdoms of Israel and Judah, and their scriptures and traditions form the basis of the Jewish religion.
the Semitic language of the Hebrews, in its ancient or modern form.

Be that as it may, being a noodge is acceptable on a forum of this ilk.

TJDave
11-18-2016, 06:53 PM
Hebrew is also a beer. Not a very good one.

Made by Shmaltz brewing. :rolleyes:

Tom
11-19-2016, 10:32 AM
He brew bad beer?

PaceAdvantage
11-19-2016, 03:13 PM
As far as I know, Jesus retained his religion, which was Judaism. He said himself that he came to fulfill the law of moses....the geneology of Jesus, is apparently, very important, and we might want to get Boxcar's expertise involved here, as he knows vastly more on the importance of Jesus being Jewish, the lion of the tribe of Judah....but there is a curious aside that is also very perplexing here, that is that since Mary was virgin, as was impregnated without her knowledge by the holy ghost, it can not rightly be said that Jesus' genealogy came from his father's side, but must have come from Mary's.... So it would be nice to get Boxcar's view on this....or maybe....Showmethewire might, although I doubt he is wont to do so...Whatever...not what I was questioning...I was questioning why this matters to you and why it seems to bother you so much...that Jesus was Jewish.

VigorsTheGrey
11-20-2016, 01:43 AM
Whatever...not what I was questioning...I was questioning why this matters to you and why it seems to bother you so much...that Jesus was Jewish.

It doesn't bother me that JESUS THE HUMAN BEING was Jewish...what bothers me is that his humanity is CONFLATED with divinity....

....In Christianity, Jesus is believed to be 100% human AND 100% God...AT THE SAME TIME....how this is possible, I have NO IDEA....it is undeniable that Jesus was Jewish....so when we are worshipping Jesus, we are worshipping A JEWISH MAN AS A GOD....I don't know how much plainer I can get with my communication....

....it BOTHERS me also that the Jewish people are not up in arms over this...do you know of any other human being that is worshipped as a god on this planet....? And he happens to be Jewish.....? Don't you find THAT a wee bit ODD...? And offensive......as a Jewish person, yourself?

I mean, really, who on earth equates themself with GOD? Why do Jewish people put up with this? This is blasphemy in the Jewish religion and yet groups like the ADL turn a blind eye to this......why?

PaceAdvantage
11-21-2016, 12:57 PM
And offensive......as a Jewish person, yourself?Except I was born and raised Roman Catholic...why did you think I was Jewish?

PaceAdvantage
11-21-2016, 12:59 PM
....In Christianity, Jesus is believed to be 100% human AND 100% God...AT THE SAME TIME....how this is possible, I have NO IDEA....it is undeniable that Jesus was Jewish....so when we are worshipping Jesus, we are worshipping A JEWISH MAN AS A GOD....I don't know how much plainer I can get with my communication....

....it BOTHERS me also that the Jewish people are not up in arms over this...Again, I don't understand why this Jesus as human is bothering you.

And for the record, Jews don't much like Jesus... :lol:

VigorsTheGrey
11-21-2016, 01:33 PM
Again, I don't understand why this Jesus as human is bothering you.

And for the record, Jews don't much like Jesus... :lol:

Jesus as human and being Jewish does not bother me AT ALL.... It is only when humans equate themselves with God or presented as being equal to God.... For example, it bothers me when the people of south Korea act as if their leader is a god and worship him.... And I find it odd that god would be a Korean man....my people are from northern Europe.... And I would definitely find it odd if it was proclaimed that one of my ancestors was a living god...and I would voice my objection to this....I have a distaste for the conflation of deity with the human and/ or the ethnic....

If it can be said that Jesus was 100% human then he cannot also be God as well, it just doesn't make any sense....

.....if you represent the leader of south Korea as a deity and then ask me to worship him as such, then you are asking me to worship a Korean man as God, and I object to this as well, and I won't bow down to Caesar, or the czar, or to Stalin, or Hitler, or Mao, or the Pope, or George Washington, or the Queen...however any of these are apotheosized, or raised to the level of divinity, or to any extent of these being represented as the executors of a "divine will" here on earth...

PaceAdvantage
11-21-2016, 01:48 PM
Jesus as human and being Jewish does not bother me AT ALL.... It is only when humans equate themselves with God or presented as being equal to God.... For example, it bothers me when the people of south Korea act as if their leader is a god and worship him.... And I find it odd that god would be a Korean man....my people are from northern Europe.... And I would definitely find it odd if it was proclaimed that one of my ancestors was a living god...and I would voice my objection to this....I have a distaste for the conflation of deity with the human and/ or the ethnic....

If it can be said that Jesus was 100% human then he cannot also be God as well, it just doesn't make any sense....

.....if you represent the leader of south Korea as a deity and then ask me to worship him as such, then you are asking me to worship a Korean man as God, and I object to this as well, and I won't bow down to Caesar, or the czar, or to Stalin, or Hitler, or Mao, or the Pope, or George Washington, or the Queen...however any of these are apotheosized, or raised to the level of divinity, or to any extent of these being represented as the executors of a "divine will" here on earth...You're either putting us on, or scrambling in your ignorance.

The religious among us ascribe ANYTHING is possible in the realm of God, thus Jesus being human and at the same time God makes perfect sense.

You're acting kind of like artificial intelligence...almost ready for prime time, but not quite there yet...

VigorsTheGrey
11-21-2016, 02:17 PM
You're either putting us on, or scrambling in your ignorance.

The religious among us ascribe ANYTHING is possible in the realm of God, thus Jesus being human and at the same time God makes perfect sense.

You're acting kind of like artificial intelligence...almost ready for prime time, but not quite there yet...

Fair enough.... I'll just mosey over to the religious thread now where my put ons and ignorant scramblings are more appropriate to the context of the thread...I am wont to replace lunar with lunacy and moonbatage yet again...and it is unlucky to gaze at the moon through trees.... ;)

Tom
11-21-2016, 09:31 PM
Even more unlucky to gaze at it through bars.