PDA

View Full Version : R9 Del Mar - Eoin Harty Pick 6

Lemon Drop Husker
11-13-2016, 07:39 PM
Great interview from Christina Blacker on TVG before the 9th and final at Del Mar today in which she chatted with trainer Eoin Harty minutes before the race.

The :2: Colonel Samsen was one of 3 horses that were alive in the Pick 6, and a single ticket winner for roughly $1 Million.

The conversation came down to that Pick 6 payout and Harty said that he told the jockey the importance of his ride and the amount of pressure on his shoulders. As it ends, it was the :2: and Drayden Van Dyke rolling home and picking off horses weaving through traffic to win the race by a nose at the wire.

Reason I'm posting, is that it was great to hear from the connections and their focus on things outside of themselves and the race at hand. Kudos to Mr. Harty. :ThmbUp:

EMD4ME
11-13-2016, 10:05 PM
Great interview from Christina Blacker on TVG before the 9th and final at Del Mar today in which she chatted with trainer Eoin Harty minutes before the race.

The :2: Colonel Samsen was one of 3 horses that were alive in the Pick 6, and a single ticket winner for roughly $1 Million.

The conversation came down to that Pick 6 payout and Harty said that he told the jockey the importance of his ride and the amount of pressure on his shoulders. As it ends, it was the :2: and Drayden Van Dyke rolling home and picking off horses weaving through traffic to win the race by a nose at the wire.

Reason I'm posting, is that it was great to hear from the connections and their focus on things outside of themselves and the race at hand. Kudos to Mr. Harty. :ThmbUp:

That is extremely nice to hear!!! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

VigorsTheGrey
11-13-2016, 10:35 PM

Colonel Sampsen....now that was a horse race...! Did you see the way the Colonel weaved thru the lane and came on late...? Now that is a horse and a jockey trying to win...!