PDA

View Full Version : Your own Demise

upthecreek
11-13-2016, 05:22 PM
My apologies for a somber post
NCG ask me why I didn't participate in his Obama food stamp thread I told him I was at my long time racetrack buddy's memorial service It got me thnking People got up and said a few words, I didn't , people I guess wondered why Well my feeling was I visited him in the hospital and nursing home for 4 months, and tried to do what I could for him when he was alive ,not much I can say and do after he died His GFgave a nice eulogy and mentioned how good of a friend I had been and still am to her and her family That meant a lot His kids and brother who I've never meant, came up to me and thanked me for being a good Friend I 'm reminded of an episode of All in the Family where Archie had to bury a cousin he didnt like and didnt want to pay for the funeral The funeral director said that a funeral is for the living,not the dead That's how I feeI I dont want any big to do Does anybody have a "preplanned" farewell?

FakeNameChanged
11-13-2016, 08:16 PM
My condolences for the loss of your friend. I just recently lost a much younger cousin, and never got to say goodbye since it was sudden and unexpected.

NorCalGreg
11-13-2016, 08:26 PM
No....I don't want to be any sort of burden to anyone. I have absolutely no belief in any after-life, but for some strange reason I don't want to be cremated. I demand at least a cheap pine box to be buried in, with a tiny orbit (they charge by the word in the papers).

Never liked funerals...and don't wish to subject anyone to my own. I've put away a small amount of money that should accomplish this (plus tip) with no problem.