PDA

View Full Version : Negative result for one Trump supporter

Actor
11-13-2016, 12:20 AM
Handyman who does odd jobs for me started crowing about the Trump victory. I fired his ass.

ElKabong
11-13-2016, 12:32 AM
He's the better man. You just proved it.

MONEY
11-13-2016, 12:38 AM
Handyman who does odd jobs for me started crowing about the Trump victory. I fired his ass.
There's already a sore loser thread.
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134540

Clocker
11-13-2016, 12:45 AM

Maybe it would have been better to deal with your post traumatic stress disorder if you found a safe space with puppies and coloring books and cookies.

Because now on top of having to deal with PTSD, you have to live with the stigma of being publicly outed as an intolerant fascist.

Actor
11-13-2016, 12:54 AM
He's the better man. You just proved it.If he's going to be in business for himself he needs to learn a vital lesson. Don't talk politics with your customers. If the customer wants to talk politics (I didn't) then let him have his say and keep your opinions to yourself. But if your customer has a Clinton sign on his lawn you are an idiot if you start rubbing it in.

Word gets around. I've gotten two phone calls from others wanting his slot.

ElKabong
11-13-2016, 01:01 AM
Maybe it would have been better to deal with your post traumatic stress disorder if you found a safe space with puppies and coloring books and cookies.

Because now on top of having to deal with PTSD, you have to live with the stigma of being publicly outed as an intolerant fascist.

I'm feeling like actor is one up on me. My fragile ego needs to be stroked, thus come Monday morning I'm going to fire not one, but two pro Hillary employees first thing Monday morning. This action will allow me to do two things...
One, I can post on an Internet board how petty and insignificant I am
Two, I can stop sitting down to take a pee

I am liberal, hear me roar

FantasticDan
11-13-2016, 01:03 AM
75SEy1qu71I

ElKabong
11-13-2016, 01:03 AM
If he's going to be in business for himself he needs to learn a vital lesson. Don't talk politics with your customers. If the customer wants to talk politics (I didn't) then let him have his say and keep your opinions to yourself. But if your customer has a Clinton sign on his lawn you are an idiot if you start rubbing it in.

Word gets around. I've gotten two phone calls from others wanting his slot.

If you offer $15 an hour for kids with no degree or relative experience, I hear you can expect a lot of applicants....

ElKabong
11-13-2016, 01:05 AM
75SEy1qu71I

Penis envy, of the highest order.

Aw hell, it wears well on you guys :lol:

Actor
11-13-2016, 01:10 AM
If you offer $15 an hour for kids with no degree or relative experience, I hear you can expect a lot of applicants....I was not paying this guy by the hour. That would make him an employee instead of a contractor. That probably would have made firing him problematic. He was being paid per job. I think he was making a lot more than $15/hr. I once timed him.

Actor
11-13-2016, 01:13 AM
Penis envy, of the highest order.

Aw hell, it wears well on you guys :lol:I'll probably regret asking but what is the video about?

ElKabong
11-13-2016, 01:22 AM
I'll probably regret asking but what is the video about?

He said something to the effect elections have consequences.

And he won.

Actor
11-13-2016, 01:24 AM
I'm feeling like actor is one up on me. My fragile ego needs to be stroked, thus come Monday morning I'm going to fire not one, but two pro Hillary employees first thing Monday morning.If they are employees and not contractors like my man was you may have a legal problem.

PM their phone numbers to me. I just might hire them.
This action will allow me to do two things...
One, I can post on an Internet board how petty and insignificant I am
Two, I can stop sitting down to take a pee.You can pee? Oh, I envy you. I've had a tube up my d*** and a bag on my leg for the last umpteen years.
I am liberal, hear me roarI roar when the bag gets full. It damned well hurts.

Actor
11-13-2016, 01:26 AM
He said something to the effect elections have consequences.

And he won.Seriously, he said "you're fired" over and over again (11 times), and it's not just the same clip repeating. Does Trump have someone video tape him when he fires people? That's just sick.

Actor
11-13-2016, 01:59 AM
Maybe it would have been better to deal with your post traumatic stress disorder if you found a safe space with puppies and coloring books and cookies.I've been dealing with PTSD for decades. It is not a laughing matter.

And there is no "safe place."

JustRalph
11-13-2016, 05:36 AM

Not only are you an asshole, you broke the law. Assuming you live in Ohio

Parkview_Pirate
11-13-2016, 06:18 AM
I've been dealing with PTSD for decades. It is not a laughing matter.

Can't argue with you there. And I must admit I don't know how much patience I would have had with someone crowing about Hillary winning....

Inner Dirt
11-13-2016, 09:25 AM
You suck. First if you are a typical liberal you would have probably welcomed it if he spewed liberalism. Secondly I have had to fire people before or lay them off and I did not enjoy it. A normal person would not get joy out of taking food off someone's table. You are pathetic for coming to a public form and bragging about firing someone, you are evil like the losing candidate you endorsed. What about that tolerance your party preaches? As usual you only tolerate those that think like you. A decent person would give the guy a little while to get it out of his system.

Jess Hawsen Arown
11-13-2016, 09:27 AM

Thanks for proving that we beat the assholes in the election.

Fortunately, because of the new Trump economy, he is destined for a better job.

johnhannibalsmith
11-13-2016, 09:36 AM
I'm sure he would have fired a Hillary supporter too if that came up on the job. That is if he could find one willing to work. ba dum.

Tom
11-13-2016, 09:48 AM
If he's going to be in business for himself he needs to learn a vital lesson. Don't talk politics with your customers

And if he had said what a shame it was Hillary lost, you still would have fired him?

Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

Where does one as small as you ever find shoes?

Fager Fan
11-13-2016, 10:00 AM
I'm going to take up for Actor here. If Actor was known as a Clinton supporter, and he was if he had a sign in his yard, then it was rude to rub his nose in it. It was a professional situation where he was there to just do his job and not be combative about race or religion.

Now, I don't know exactly what was said and if Actor didn't contribute or maybe even start it, so maybe Actor was in the wrong too. I have a handyman I use regularly and I'd be taken aback if he showed up to do a job and rubbed my nose in it. I wouldn't have done that to him.

Without knowing more, meaning Actor playing a bigger part than he claimed, I will at least agree that the contractor shouldn't have brought politics to his job.

Inner Dirt
11-13-2016, 10:14 AM
Without knowing more, meaning Actor playing a bigger part than he claimed, I will at least agree that the contractor shouldn't have brought politics to his job.

I don't think anyone is arguing that. With the preached TOLERANCE that the left talks about the guy should have been cut some slack, pretty sure his exuberance wasn't going to last long. If the guy is still talking about it a weeks later then warn him. Pretty sure Actor is just another liberal hypocrite that had no problem with Colin Kaepernick bringing his politics to the job.
The Hillary supporters seem to be flipping out. I didn't see any of us Romney supporters protesting or acting out in 2012.

Tom
11-13-2016, 10:17 AM
It is nice to see so many all across the country in panic mode, crying, losing control. The freaking morons deserve the anguish.

Let me serve them the hot chocolate....I'll add a layer of flavor they will never forget.

Worthless little shits!

Fager Fan
11-13-2016, 10:26 AM
Weeks later? I think it'd have been appropriate to nip it in the bud with, "you know I'm a Clinton supporter so rubbing my nose is rude and I won't stand for that. No more politics talk, agreed?" and that should've been the end of it. Why something like that didn't happen leads me to believe they had a verbal brawl instead, with Actor taking the biggest punch of all saying you're fired.

Only he knows of his contribution to what happened. If he didn't, then I can understand him firing the guy. If he went overboard, then I don't. Maybe Actor can look at it with a little honest self-reflection and let us know.

Tom
11-13-2016, 10:29 AM
Who cares?
Let the guy hire a lawyer and sue him.
Or prosecute him.

Trump! won......Looks like LAW is back on the menu!

OntheRail
11-13-2016, 10:37 AM
I'll bet dollars to donuts... that prior to Nov. 8th you ridiculed him for sporting a TRUMP sticker on his truck. And how Hill-da-Beast was going to thrash him... while Trump will be lucky to win a few States but OHIO was not one of them.

Typical liberal... :ThmbDown:

Actor
11-13-2016, 11:59 AM
Not only are you an asshole, you broke the law. Assuming you live in OhioNo. He's an independent contractor and the contract specifically states that I can terminate at any time without having to give a reason.

FantasticDan
11-13-2016, 12:01 PM
Seriously, he said "you're fired" over and over again (11 times), and it's not just the same clip repeating. Does Trump have someone video tape him when he fires people? That's just sick.I honestly am :confused: if this is sarcastic, or you don't know that "The Apprentice" exists.. :confused:

Actor
11-13-2016, 12:05 PM
I honestly am :confused: if this is sarcastic, or you don't know that "The Apprentice" exists.. :confused:No sarcasm intended, and I guess I don't. :confused:

Trump has an apprentice? :confused:

FantasticDan
11-13-2016, 12:21 PM
No sarcasm intended, and I guess I don't. :confused:
Trump has an apprentice? :confused:

:eek:

Trump was the star of his own reality/game show on NBC called "The Apprentice." It's been on for 14 seasons. Trump eliminated contestants every week with his signature catch phrase, "You're fired".

I suppose if you don't own a TV, this would all be news.. :D :ThmbUp:

Actor
11-13-2016, 12:26 PM
You suck. First if you are a typical liberal you would have probably welcomed it if he spewed liberalism. Secondly I have had to fire people before or lay them off and I did not enjoy it. A normal person would not get joy out of taking food off someone's table.(1)He has other customers. He was not paying for all his equipment with what I was paying him.
(2)I did not enjoy it.
(3)He was scaring me. I've been having panic attacks ever since last Tuesday. It's been years since I had my last panic attack.
(4)Just firing him was better than hitting him. I probably would have hit him if I had not taken my pills.
(5)I told him at least twice to drop it. So did my wife who was there.
(6)He's called and apologized. Says he did not know about my PTSD. I'm going to discuss renewing the contract with my doctor at my next session. If just having him around stresses me out it's probably not a good idea.
You are pathetic for coming to a public form and bragging about firing someone, ...My doctor thought it was a good idea. Get it out of my system and all that. I have posted the same on another "public forum" and gotten more sympathy.

Actor
11-13-2016, 12:33 PM
:eek:

Trump was the star of his own reality/game show on NBC called "The Apprentice." It's been on for 14 seasons. Trump eliminated contestants every week with his signature catch phrase, "You're fired".

I suppose if you don't own a TV, this would all be news.. :D :ThmbUp:
I own a TV but I mostly watch Netflix and DVDs. I don't have cable.

14 seasons?

AndyC
11-13-2016, 12:39 PM
I've been dealing with PTSD for decades. It is not a laughing matter.

That makes it all OK for you to be a jerk.

FantasticDan
11-13-2016, 12:39 PM
I own a TV but I mostly watch Netflix and DVDs. I don't have cable. 14 seasons?
Yes.

The Apprentice (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Apprentice_(U.S._TV_series))

NJ Stinks
11-13-2016, 12:44 PM
That makes it all OK for you to be a jerk.

Do you make it a point to pay contractors who disrespect you? :rolleyes:

The hypocrites in this thread are not the liberals.

Actor
11-13-2016, 12:44 PM
That makes it all OK for you to be a jerk.He was the one being a jerk.

boxcar
11-13-2016, 12:51 PM

So...in your world, the handyman went low and you chose to go even lower!? I thought all Hillary supporters understood clearly that when the opposition goes low, you [in]tolerant liberals are supposed to go high?

boxcar
11-13-2016, 12:53 PM
If you offer $15 an hour for kids with no degree or relative experience, I hear you can expect a lot of applicants....

He can even get superior value and bang for his buck if he hires illegal aliens.

Actor
11-13-2016, 12:54 PM
Yes.

The Apprentice (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Apprentice_(U.S._TV_series))
So Trump hosted this show for 14 years and now Schwarzenegger is going to host it. I have an idea. Let Trump continue to host the show and let Schwarzenegger be President.

Actor
11-13-2016, 12:58 PM
So...in your world, ...You're here? Time to check the Religion thread! :lol:

boxcar
11-13-2016, 12:59 PM
I own a TV but I mostly watch Netflix and DVDs. I don't have cable.

14 seasons?

I can't believe it: We actually have something in common. :eek:

jk3521
11-13-2016, 01:01 PM
So Trump hosted this show for 14 years and now Schwarzenegger is going to host it. I have an idea. Let Trump continue to host the show and let Schwarzenegger be President.

Aren't you sorry you started this thread ? :D

boxcar
11-13-2016, 01:01 PM

You did say you were on meds, right? Posts like this truly confirms that!

chadk66
11-13-2016, 01:03 PM
So Trump hosted this show for 14 years and now Schwarzenegger is going to host it. I have an idea. Let Trump continue to host the show and let Schwarzenegger be President.Nope, Schwarzenegger knows after hosting it for eight years he'll win the presidency:lol:

Actor
11-13-2016, 01:04 PM
Aren't you sorry you started this thread ? :DYes.

Parkview_Pirate
11-13-2016, 01:07 PM
Nope, Schwarzenegger knows after hosting it for eight years he'll win the presidency:lol:

Of course he'll need to go shopping at the same store Obama went to get a U.S. birth certificate..... ;)

Actor
11-13-2016, 01:08 PM
Nope, Schwarzenegger knows after hosting it for eight years he'll win the presidency:lol:He can have it now. The Electoral College does not meet until Dec 1. There's still time to rush a Constitutional amendment through eliminating the requirement that the President be native born.

Eight years will be too late. Arnie will be 76. I seriously doubt that the voters will elect someone that old.

AndyC
11-13-2016, 02:29 PM
Do you make it a point to pay contractors who disrespect you? :rolleyes:

The hypocrites in this thread are not the liberals.

I make it a point of honoring contracts. I haven't seen too many contracts where feelings were an integral part of the deal.

AndyC
11-13-2016, 02:32 PM
He was the one being a jerk.

Thankfully you were able to show him how tolerant liberals can be.

EasyGoer89
11-13-2016, 02:37 PM
He was the one being a jerk.

You might conveniently forget all the rubbing in of salt that trump supporters had to deal with before the election, it would have been different if your side was classy and had the approach of 'the better candidate will win' your side was in a position of strength as many pundits and experts had trump at huge odds to win, I don't think a person who's rubbing salt after a win in this particular election is out of line given the context of things and how trump fans had to hear that they had 'no shot' for over a year non stop.

You should hire him back and apologize and say 'you got me' and admit you were out of line for being overly sensitive. Hillary fans got owned, just admit your ownership and move forward, the better man won, be classy in defeat.

OntheRail
11-13-2016, 02:40 PM
(1)He has other customers. He was not paying for all his equipment with what I was paying him.
(2)I did not enjoy it.
(3He was scaring me. I've been having panic attacks ever since last Tuesday. It's been years since I had my last panic attack.
(4)Just firing him was better than hitting him. I probably would have hit him if I had not taken my pills.
(6)He's called and apologized. Says he did not know about my PTSD. I'm going to discuss renewing the contract with my doctor at my next session. If just having him around stresses me out it's probably not a good idea.
My doctor thought it was a good idea. Get it out of my system and all that. I have posted the same on another "public forum" and gotten more sympathy.

#3 Lets see 1981-1993 the none from 1993-2001... back again in 2001-2009... mental bliss once again 2009 till 2016. Nov 8th onset once again of Liberal PTSD.

TJDave
11-13-2016, 02:54 PM
You advertised your political affiliation on your lawn?

Why would anyone do that?

EasyGoer89
11-13-2016, 02:57 PM

Why would anyone do that?

whats even more silly is putting bumper sticker on your car. Just asking for trouble there too.

Putting a Clinton sign on your lawn is similar to a sign supporting John Gotti or some other crime boss.

boxcar
11-13-2016, 03:03 PM
You might conveniently forget all the rubbing in of salt that trump supporters had to deal with before the election, it would have been different if your side was classy and had the approach of 'the better candidate will win' your side was in a position of strength as many pundits and experts had trump at huge odds to win, I don't think a person who's rubbing salt after a win in this particular election is out of line given the context of things and how trump fans had to hear that they had 'no shot' for over a year non stop.

You should hire him back and apologize and say 'you got me' and admit you were out of line for being overly sensitive. Hillary fans got owned, just admit your ownership and move forward, the better man won, be classy in defeat.

I disagree with you on this. Business is business, and this contractor had no business mixing his political views into his business with Actor -- if indeed that is what he did. It was a classless move on the handyman's side. But it was even less classy for Actor to have reacted as he did; he blew a great opportunity to be classier than the handyman stating politely but firmly that he doesn't want to discuss politics and tell the guy that we should just get on with the business at hand. If after this kind of warning, the handyman persisted, I personally would have given him one more warning, and if that didn't work, then I would have dismissed him.

TJDave
11-13-2016, 03:08 PM
Putting a Clinton sign on your lawn is similar to a sign supporting John Gotti or some other crime boss.

If John Gotti had asked me to put up a sign I would have put up a sign. If Clinton had asked we would have negotiated.

EasyGoer89
11-13-2016, 03:21 PM
I disagree with you on this. Business is business, and this contractor had no business mixing his political views into his business with Actor -- if indeed that is what he did. It was a classless move on the handyman's side. But it was even less classy for Actor to have reacted as he did; he blew a great opportunity to be classier than the handyman stating politely but firmly that he doesn't want to discuss politics and tell the guy that we should just get on with the business at hand. If after this kind of warning, the handyman persisted, I personally would have given him one more warning, and if that didn't work, then I would have dismissed him.

But once he fires the guy he turns it from business to non business. Even if the handyman said words he didn't do anything negative towards the BUSINESS side, he didn't do a bad job as far as his handyman skills are concerned, so the actual business side of the relationship didn't change, nothing the handyman said or did would prevent him from doing the job that he's always done.

MONEY
11-13-2016, 03:29 PM
But once he fires the guy he turns it from business to non business. Even if the handyman said words he didn't do anything negative towards the BUSINESS side, he didn't do a bad job as far as his handyman skills are concerned, so the actual business side of the relationship didn't change, nothing the handyman said or did would prevent him from doing the job that he's always done.
The handyman made the mistake, because he had a long term relationship with Actor of thinking that Actor was his friend.
I have always told my children to always remember that their boss is not their friend.

boxcar
11-13-2016, 04:32 PM

Not so, sir! Once someone waxes with personal political views or opinions those kinds of remarks have nothing to do with business -- with why the handyman was there in the first place. Assuming he was on Actor's property, Actor had every right to ask him to leave. The handyman had no business antagonizing his customer. Doing so manifested poor business sense. But again...I personally would not have handled the situation the way Actor did -- not without ample warning done in politeness.

I had a similar situation happen with me and an electrician who was doing work on my property a few days ago. And to this electrician's credit, we talked about the election without either one of us revealing who we voted for! Interestingly, the electrician was the one who brought up the election by asking if I had stayed up to watch the results. I told him that I hadn't and he replied that he had stayed up pretty late to watch the returns. We discussed the outcome some and why we thought Hillary lost and why Trump won -- but again without either one of us revealing who we supported. I thought it was classy of the electrician that he kept it that way. And I wasn't particularly interested in "show and tell" because I didn't want to upset him if he had voted for Hillary. The guy who was doing the work was not my regular electrician. He was filling in for my regular guy who just had a serious operation and would be out of action for awhile.

EasyGoer89
11-13-2016, 04:39 PM
Not so, sir! Once someone waxes with personal political views or opinions those kinds of remarks have nothing to do with business -- with why the handyman was there in the first place. Assuming he was on Actor's property, Actor had every right to ask him to leave. The handyman had no business antagonizing his customer. Doing so manifested poor business sense. But again...I personally would not have handled the situation the way Actor did -- not without ample warning done in politeness.

I had a similar situation happen with me and an electrician who was doing work on my property a few days ago. And to this electrician's credit, we talked about the election without either one of us revealing who we voted for! Interestingly, the electrician was the one who brought up the election by asking if I had stayed up to watch the results. I told him that I hadn't and he replied that he had stayed up pretty late to watch the returns. We discussed the outcome some and why we thought Hillary lost and why Trump won -- but again without either one of us revealing who we supported. I thought it was classy of the electrician that he kept it that way. And I wasn't particularly interested in "show and tell" because I didn't want to upset him if he had voted for Hillary. The guy who was doing the work was not my regular electrician. He was filling in for my regular guy who just had a serious operation and would be out of action for awhile.

You are missing my point.

You are suggesting the handyman turned a business relationship into a personal or political one and I'm saying actor did by firing the guy for something that had nothing to do with the handymans talent as a handyman.

ElKabong
11-13-2016, 05:36 PM

Trump chose to be president.

No wait! The people chose trump as president under the existing rules.

Go back to your safe place. You can't handle much adversity, which means you wouldn't last for long in most stressful positions.

chadk66
11-13-2016, 05:40 PM
Of course he'll need to go shopping at the same store Obama went to get a U.S. birth certificate..... ;)the libs wouldn't dare bring up a birther situtation:lol:

AndyC
11-13-2016, 05:48 PM

First of all you are assuming that the contractor was aware that his political viewpoints were "antagonizing" Actor. Any moron in the business world knows you shouldn't antagonize customers.

If, in fact, there was a true contractual relationship, I hope that the contractor gets paid for what seems like a breech of contract. The PC police shouldn't dictate who can unilaterally void a contract based on opinions espoused by either party. If the contractor showed up with a tattoo on his forehead that said I Love Trump, would that also be grounds for terminating the contract?

Fager Fan
11-13-2016, 05:57 PM
First of all you are assuming that the contractor was aware that his political viewpoints were "antagonizing" Actor. Any moron in the business world knows you shouldn't antagonize customers.

If, in fact, there was a true contractual relationship, I hope that the contractor gets paid for what seems like a breech of contract. The PC police shouldn't dictate who can unilaterally void a contract based on opinions espoused by either party. If the contractor showed up with a tattoo on his forehead that said I Love Trump, would that also be grounds for terminating the contract?

He was a handyman. Unlikely he had a contract. To my knowledge, you have the right to fire any contractor, even one with a written contract, as long as you pay in full (or up to what is billable to date). If someone was in my home and made a point of antangonizing me, then it'd make me uncomfortable in my own home - which is reason enough to ask the person to leave and find another to do future handyman work.

Again, we've heard only one side of the story so maybe Actor was the instigator, and if so, then I wouldn't blame the handyman if he quit and told Actor to hire someone else.

Wanting to see lawsuits instead of handling as you choose (within reason, of course) is a liberal ideal that I'm not in support of. Neither party had the right to antagonize the other party over politics while engaging in a business relationship.

thaskalos
11-13-2016, 06:18 PM
The handyman's employment problem is only temporary. With the impending mass deportation of the illegals...he'll soon have all the work he can handle.

Actor
11-13-2016, 06:19 PM
#3 Lets see 1981-1993 the none from 1993-2001... back again in 2001-2009... mental bliss once again 2009 till 2016. Nov 8th onset once again of Liberal PTSD.

1994 .. Mugged. Three hours before someone found me. Bladder torn away from connecting tissue. Would have died if it had burst.
10 September 2001 .. Simply passed out. Doctors still not sure why. Woke up in hospital and saw towers fall on TV.
2003 .. Motorcycle accident. Other driver ran stop sign, fled scene.

Like I said. Not a laughing matter.

Actor
11-13-2016, 06:24 PM

Why would anyone do that?What?

Everybody does that. There are Trump-Pence and Clinton-Kaine signs all up and down the street. It's an American tradition.

AndyC
11-13-2016, 06:45 PM
He was a handyman. Unlikely he had a contract. To my knowledge, you have the right to fire any contractor, even one with a written contract, as long as you pay in full (or up to what is billable to date). If someone was in my home and made a point of antangonizing me, then it'd make me uncomfortable in my own home - which is reason enough to ask the person to leave and find another to do future handyman work.

Again, we've heard only one side of the story so maybe Actor was the instigator, and if so, then I wouldn't blame the handyman if he quit and told Actor to hire someone else.

Wanting to see lawsuits instead of handling as you choose (within reason, of course) is a liberal ideal that I'm not in support of. Neither party had the right to antagonize the other party over politics while engaging in a business relationship.

I am the last person who wants lawsuits. Not my first or second choice. But I certainly support the right of either party to seek equity in court as a last resort. That's not either a liberal nor a conservative ideal.

MutuelClerk
11-13-2016, 06:53 PM
Maybe the handyman is better off. Maybe Actor is better off. Maybe no one cares.

TJDave
11-13-2016, 07:30 PM
What?

Everybody does that. There are Trump-Pence and Clinton-Kaine signs all up and down the street. It's an American tradition.

Not in today's America. Not if you value your property.

The fact that someone like Trump would be nominated and elected should be proof enough.

ElKabong
11-13-2016, 08:07 PM
Maybe the handyman is better off. Maybe Actor is better off. Maybe no one cares.

Maybe actor is making this up. :)

This is an Internet forum you know

Tom
11-13-2016, 09:38 PM
No one would lie on the internet.

fast4522
11-13-2016, 09:40 PM
Maybe actor is making this up. :)

This is an Internet forum you know

At this point what difference does it make?

ElKabong
11-13-2016, 10:02 PM
At this point what difference does it make?

His fragile ego / sense of self worth would be diminished....thus the cry for help (look at meeee)

Other than nj stinks and fdan, the libs have disappeared. Kind of tells you how mentally weak lib posters here are. No mega charts from the forum's Katelyn JEnner, no forty paragraph insulting nonsense rants from the goose stepping postman. They're hurting. Went from insulting to hibernation since Tuesday.

fast4522
11-13-2016, 10:36 PM
His fragile ego / sense of self worth would be diminished....thus the cry for help (look at meeee)

Other than nj stinks and fdan, the libs have disappeared. Kind of tells you how mentally weak lib posters here are. No mega charts from the forum's Katelyn JEnner, no forty paragraph insulting nonsense rants from the goose stepping postman. They're hurting. Went from insulting to hibernation since Tuesday.

They are very hurt beyond imagination, not just this cycle loss but in two years another slaughter is likely to occur. Combine that fact with Patrick Caddell & Doug Schoen and other respected members of their party saying the Supreme Court will be conservative for more than twenty five plus years. To them it is a death sentence of what they believe, surely few if any will live to see the tide change.

PaceAdvantage
11-13-2016, 10:51 PM
(1)He has other customers. He was not paying for all his equipment with what I was paying him.
(2)I did not enjoy it.
(3)He was scaring me. I've been having panic attacks ever since last Tuesday. It's been years since I had my last panic attack.
My doctor thought it was a good idea. Get it out of my system and all that. I have posted the same on another "public forum" and gotten more sympathy.Did someone hijack your account? Is this the same pragmatic Actor who is all over the religion thread? Really dude? Get a grip. Panic attack over the election... :rolleyes:

I'm going to assume you're getting a big laugh over this thread...if so, I'm laughing with you, not at you. :lol:

Actor
11-14-2016, 02:45 AM
I can't believe it: We actually have something in common. :eek:We both have cats. I thought you knew that.

Actor
11-14-2016, 02:47 AM
You did say you were on meds, right? Posts like this truly confirms that!You realize, don't you, that that particular post was supposed to be humorous?

Actor
11-14-2016, 03:12 AM
Did someone hijack your account? Is this the same pragmatic Actor who is all over the religion thread? Really dude? Get a grip. Panic attack over the election... Pragmatic Actor is not an unfeeling robot.

I am not making up any of the following nor trying for a laugh.

Pragmatic Actor has kept track over the years of how much money republican administrations (Reagan onward) have cost him. The figure is $750,000 so far, give or take. I had expected, and prepared for, that figure to go over $1,000,000 before I die.

In one of my posts on the religion thread I said I had the good fortune to have enough to be able to live the rest of my life in comfort. Since the night of the election I no longer have any confidence that I will be able to do that. Most of my net worth is vulnerable to government policy. The remainder is very much at risk should the repugs make certain moves. I have already tried to move some of my money offshore where repugs cannot get at it but it seems that that cannot be done without creating a huge "taxable event" wherein the government would immediately get a large portion of it, effectively nullifying the value of the move.

Four years of a Trump/GOP administration could potentially impoverish me or set me on the road to poverty.

I am helpless to prevent any of this, and you think a panic attack is inappropriate?

EasyGoer89
11-14-2016, 04:20 AM
Pragmatic Actor is not an unfeeling robot.

Pragmatic Actor has kept track over the years of how much money republican administrations (Reagan onward) have cost him. The figure is $750,000 so far, give or take. I had expected, and prepared for, that figure to go over $1,000,000 before I die.

In one of my posts on the religion thread I said I had the good fortune to have enough to be able to live the rest of my life in comfort. Since the night of the election I no longer have any confidence that I will be able to do that. Most of my net worth is vulnerable to government policy. The remainder is very much at risk should the repugs make certain moves. I have already tried to move some of my money offshore where repugs cannot get at it but it seems that that cannot be done without creating a huge "taxable event" wherein the government would immediately get a large portion of it, effectively nullifying the value of the move.

Four years of a Trump/GOP administration could potentially impoverish me or set me on the road to poverty.

I am helpless to prevent any of this, and you think a panic attack is inappropriate?

If Trump is going to make moves that help AMERICA how would it be possible that you would suffer?

Inner Dirt
11-14-2016, 09:28 AM
1994 .. Mugged. Three hours before someone found me. Bladder torn away from connecting tissue. Would have died if it had burst.
10 September 2001 .. Simply passed out. Doctors still not sure why. Woke up in hospital and saw towers fall on TV.
2003 .. Motorcycle accident. Other driver ran stop sign, fled scene.
Like I said. Not a laughing matter.

I have had worse happen to me, but since I am not a liberal I own my behavior when it is wrong, I don't explain it away.

woodtoo
11-14-2016, 10:05 AM

Woe is me Actor, woe is me.

DSB
11-14-2016, 10:37 AM

Well you may not be trying for a laugh, but I sure couldn't help it... :lol:

Democrat redistribution of wealth schemes over the decades have stolen far more of our money than any future GOP programs will.

If you are afraid of some "huge taxable event," you should be GLAD that the Leftist confiscators didn't get in. That's when you'd have had something to worry about.

I mean, that is unless you were all on board for a big infrastructure spending bill if the Dems put it through, but not if it was a GOP production.

You make absolutely no sense....

boxcar
11-14-2016, 12:17 PM
You are missing my point.

You are suggesting the handyman turned a business relationship into a personal or political one and I'm saying actor did by firing the guy for something that had nothing to do with the handymans talent as a handyman.

You're missing my point! All Actor did was finish what the handyman started!
It's this simple: if worker comes onto my property and insults me, I think I have every right to tell him to leave, regardless of his professional qualifications.

boxcar
11-14-2016, 12:22 PM

Well, apparently the contractor wasn't as bright as any moron; for why would he wax political with a customer and RISK antagonizing him in the first place? Why would this contractor assume that his political views would not offend his customer? :bang: :bang: As stated yesterday, the electrician who did work on my property was not a moron, which is precisely why he didn't reveal his vote to me. Nor did I to him!

boxcar
11-14-2016, 12:25 PM
No one would lie on the internet.

:lol: :lol: Absolutely. The 'net is the bastion of truth.

boxcar
11-14-2016, 12:29 PM
We both have cats. I thought you knew that.

I had forgotten that important detail. But hey...if you're a cat-lover, you can't be all that deplorable. :D

Greyfox
11-14-2016, 12:43 PM

It sounds like your income depends upon smuggling in illegal Mexicans? :D

Show Me the Wire
11-14-2016, 12:49 PM
It sounds like your income depends upon smuggling in illegal Mexicans? :D

He needs to diversify into other ethnic groups.

boxcar
11-14-2016, 12:59 PM
He needs to diversify into other ethnic groups.

He needs to learn what it really means to be tolerant -- an extremely important buzz word for libs but one to which, experientially, they are total strangers.

Parkview_Pirate
11-14-2016, 01:09 PM
He needs to learn what it really means to be tolerant -- an extremely important buzz word for libs but one to which, experientially, they are total strangers.

Tolerance is often lacking on the other side of the political, and even more so on the religious, spectrum.

Almost all of us could learn to be more tolerant.

Show Me the Wire
11-14-2016, 01:11 PM
It's this simple: if worker comes onto my property and insults me, I think I have every right to tell him to leave, regardless of his professional qualifications.

How can you miss the obvious? Actor is one of those tolerant people who can dish it out, but cannot take it when it is dished out to him. But he did learn a universal truth that he is helpless to prevent anything that scares him.

Show Me the Wire
11-14-2016, 01:13 PM
Tolerance is often lacking on the other side of the political, and even more so on the religious, spectrum.

Actually, we all need to learn to be more loving towards each other.

boxcar
11-14-2016, 01:25 PM

Tolerance, sir, is far more a political virtue of hypocritical leftists than it is a biblical virtue.

EasyGoer89
11-14-2016, 01:29 PM

I'm not saying you shouldn't accept the insults and not take action, but if you do, you can't say you fired the guy due to actual job performance.

boxcar
11-14-2016, 01:34 PM
I'm not saying you shouldn't accept the insults and not take action, but if you do, you can't say you fired the guy due to actual job performance.

If an employee is insubordinate or insulting to his boss, cannot the boss fire him regardless of his job qualifications? This is analogous to what Actor did. And since Actor says that he had a Witch sign on his lawn, then the handyman was truly a moron for broaching the subject of politics. It was a classless move on his part, for he apparently wanted to rub Actor's nose in the outcome.

AndyC
11-14-2016, 01:37 PM
Well, apparently the contractor wasn't as bright as any moron; for why would he wax political with a customer and RISK antagonizing him in the first place? Why would this contractor assume that his political views would not offend his customer? :bang: :bang: As stated yesterday, the electrician who did work on my property was not a moron, which is precisely why he didn't reveal his vote to me. Nor did I to him!

I have a hard time believing a scenario where a contractor knowingly antagonizes a customer. Perhaps he was drawn down the political conversation road. It's not always easy to know what might be offensive to some people. After 30 years of marriage I still seem to make that mistake with my wife on occasion.

EasyGoer89
11-14-2016, 01:52 PM
If an employee is insubordinate or insulting to his boss, cannot the boss fire him regardless of his job qualifications? This is analogous to what Actor did. And since Actor says that he had a Witch sign on his lawn, then the handyman was truly a moron for broaching the subject of politics. It was a classless move on his part, for he apparently wanted to rub Actor's nose in the outcome.

There's plenty of reasons or excuses to fire someone, but once you fire them for something other than doing a poor job on the service they were originally hired to perform, than you are turning it from business to personal.

Greyfox
11-14-2016, 02:01 PM
The contractor was a scapegoat.
Actor couldn't take his anger out on Trump directly, so he displaced it on to the contractor.
Hope it makes him feel better.

Show Me the Wire
11-14-2016, 02:07 PM
The contractor was a scapegoat.
Actor couldn't take his anger out on Trump directly, so he displaced it on to the contractor.
Hope it makes him feel better.

Spot on :ThmbUp:

Actor
11-14-2016, 02:34 PM
If Trump is going to make moves that help AMERICA how would it be possible that you would suffer?Herr Drumpf is not going to do that.

Show Me the Wire
11-14-2016, 02:52 PM
Herr Drumpf is not going to do that.

How tolerant and mature of you to do name calling. Has Trump actually done something to you or is he just your bogey man?

fast4522
11-14-2016, 02:59 PM

Ok Actor time to be square, Donald J. Trumps and his parents were born inside the United States of America. What about you and your parents? How are your investments in any way not part of your management?

Greyfox
11-14-2016, 03:03 PM
Ok Actor time to be square, Donald J. Trumps and his parents were born inside the United States of America. What about you and your parents? How are your investments in any way not part of your management?

Donald Trump's mother was born in Scotland.

fast4522
11-14-2016, 03:10 PM
Donald Trump's mother was born in Scotland.

Your correct, but wanted Actor to correct me and leave breadcrumbs. He is acting like everyone else is responsible for his shortcomings. What kind of person blames others for investments gone sour, investing involves risk right? I do not expect him to explain where he is coming from.

OntheRail
11-14-2016, 04:21 PM

As always the Dems forgive of forget the cost occurred under the Liberal Dems Tenor. If you lost under Reagan... you losses under Obama must be massive. Reagan's Economy surged while Obama's flounder just tiring not to sink. And in truth any TAXING ISSUES you have are not due to Trump. Your predigest against Trump is baseless just like those toting the MARKETS WHERE GOING TO IMPLODE!!!! Could it be just like every other irrational person that was wrong at every point along the way about Trump... Could it be you are wrong in your thinking on this. Why not dis-invest your hateful fears and chill for a while. We made it thru Obama... We'll make it Thru Better with Trump.

EasyGoer89
11-14-2016, 08:33 PM

So, you're not going to answer the question?

Actor
11-14-2016, 08:43 PM
Ok Actor time to be square, Donald J. Trumps and his parents were born inside the United States of America. What about you and your parents?My ancestor (male line) arrived in America in 1715. Two of my ancestors fought in the Revolution on the Patriot side.

Actor
11-14-2016, 08:46 PM
How tolerant and mature of you to do name calling. Has Trump actually done something to you or is he just your bogey man?In 1933 had Hitler actually done something or was he just a bogey man?

Actor
11-14-2016, 08:47 PM
So, you're not going to answer the question?What question?

Actor
11-14-2016, 08:54 PM
https://d.justpo.st/media/images/2015/09/20/what-would-republican-jesus-do-1442781591.jpg

EasyGoer89
11-14-2016, 08:59 PM
What question?

I wanted to know if Trump is going to help Americans and make positive steps for america, why would that be bad for you?

Show Me the Wire
11-14-2016, 09:24 PM
In 1933 had Hitler actually done something or was he just a bogey man?

Amazing another thing you have in common with boxcar. You construct straw man arguments too. :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

I asked, did Trump actually do anything to you or is he just your bogey man?

Per your above response, Trump is your bogey man.

boxcar
11-14-2016, 09:29 PM
Amazing another thing you have in common with boxcar. You construct straw man arguments too. :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

That makes both you and Actor deplorable! Actor because you're right and you because you're wrong about me.

Show Me the Wire
11-14-2016, 09:31 PM
That makes both you and Actor deplorable! Actor because you're right and you because you're wrong about me.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Straw man arguments are your forte. Interestingly you and Actor have so many things in common. Also, your vigorous defense, of Actor's behavior in this thread is interesting too. Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm.

You and Actor are, at least, the opposite of the same coin or possibly he (Actor) is your alter-ego.

boxcar
11-14-2016, 09:34 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Straw man arguments are your forte.

And lying is yours!

Show Me the Wire
11-14-2016, 09:38 PM
And lying is yours!

You keep on forgetting about that Commandment about bearing false witness.

fast4522
11-14-2016, 09:58 PM
My ancestor (male line) arrived in America in 1715. Two of my ancestors fought in the Revolution on the Patriot side.

Your saying that your father & mother and you are all born and bred in the United States and your investments losing value is because of someone else. What little you have posted leaves little to dispute or agree with. You see I am not like the great Boxcar, I bump heads with him too.

TJDave
11-14-2016, 10:04 PM
https://d.justpo.st/media/images/2015/09/20/what-would-republican-jesus-do-1442781591.jpg

How come your Jesus looks like a white hippie?

Fager Fan
11-14-2016, 10:50 PM

You're making me regret giving you the benefit of the doubt.

fast4522
11-14-2016, 11:04 PM
All the states in red want tax cuts, we have had enough with these shits.

Actor
11-15-2016, 12:17 AM
Your saying that your father & mother and you are all born and bred in the United States ...What's that got to do with anything?
... and your investments losing value is because of someone else.No. My investments have done very well. I'm saying

I cannot live on my investments alone.
The next target of the repugs will be people's savings and investments. Ever since Reagan (whom I voted for BTW. Twice. Big mistake.) the repugs have raped the country. They are the authors of the biggest "wealth redistribution" in the history of the country, from the poor and the middle class to the super rich. Soon the only thing left for them to rob will be IRAs, 401k's, 403b's, etc.
A very high priority target for the repugs is social security. W wanted to privatize it (translation: get rid of it). They will do this slowly. The first step will be to eliminate or reduce COLAs (already in progress). This will cut the buying power of senior citizens enormously. The final step will be to gradually eliminate new recipients while keeping the tax.
The repugs are responsible for the national debt. Blaming it on the democrats is like saying that the guy who was sitting on a keg of gunpowder when it went off (Obama) is responsible for the explosion while the guy who lit the fuse (Reagan) had nothing to do with it.
Read Noam Chomsky if you don't believe any of this.
Everyone on Drumpf's short list for the supreme court have stated that atheists are not protected by the first amendment. He's going to appoint someone who is hostile to my beliefs on religion. If Drumpf appoints two more court members civil liberties could go down the drain. All economic considerations aside, that alone scares the shit out of me.

What little you have posted leaves little to dispute or agree with.
Let me save you the trouble and tell you what you would post were I to give details. You would say "Oh, well. You did not deserve that in the first place so the repugs were right to take it away from you." If you would not say that then somebody else here would.
OuvEJ-U1UDc

Actor
11-15-2016, 12:20 AM
How come your Jesus looks like a white hippie?So?

Just curious. How many "white hippies" do you know that carry machine guns?

TJDave
11-15-2016, 12:43 AM
So?

Just curious. How many "white hippies" do you know that carry machine guns?

That was a photoshop. Everyone knows Jesus was a pacifist.

Show Me the Wire
11-15-2016, 01:10 AM
A very high priority target for the repugs is social security. W wanted to privatize it (translation: get rid of it).

Were you living under a rock in the mid to late 1990s? Bill Clinton targeted S.S. and pushed for privatization during his presidential term.

A president decides that Social Security is in need of radical reform. He assembles a team of experts to examine the issue and they conclude that allowing workers to privately invest a portion of their Social Security taxes in individual accounts is a viable way to solve the program’s financial problems, increase the rate of return to young workers, and allow low income workers to accumulate real wealth. They conclude that most criticism of individual accounts — they would be too risky, too costly to administer — is unfounded. The president leans toward quick implementation.
George Bush? No. Bill Clinton. So much for the myth that Social Security privatization is a “partisan” or “conservative” issue. [emphasis added]

https://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/clinton-wanted-social-security-privatized

Tom
11-15-2016, 07:44 AM
You're making me regret giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Lesson learned.
It never occurred to me to give it to him.

fast4522
11-15-2016, 04:50 PM
What's that got to do with anything?

I see no reason to believe anything you say.
There were plenty of you folks around when Jimmy Carter lost too.
I have no respect for Noam Chomsky period.
Look for a President Donald J. Trump to put up to five Supreme Court Justices on the high court during his administration.

PaceAdvantage
11-17-2016, 03:32 PM
Hey Actor, you're seriously misinformed. Donald Trump is way more left-leaning then you give him credit for...

I mean, on these three major topics, he's basically in AGREEMENT with Democrats:

Foreign millitary intervention - not for it, but then again, he says he's going to smash ISIS and build up the military, so who knows

Trade - he sounds like Bernie Sanders

Social Security - he sounds like Hillary Clinton - wants to keep things the way they are...no cutback in benefits and no raising the retirement age

So what exactly is scaring you so damn much that you think the money you were counting on to live out the rest of your life in comfort, is now in jeopardy?

boxcar
11-17-2016, 03:59 PM
I see no reason to believe anything you say.
There were plenty of you folks around when Jimmy Carter lost too.
I have no respect for Noam Chomsky period.
Look for a President Donald J. Trump to put up to five Supreme Court Justices on the high court during his administration.

And let's hope that at least 3 of them are constitutionalists!

EasyGoer89
11-17-2016, 05:08 PM
Hey Actor, you're seriously misinformed. Donald Trump is way more left-leaning then you give him credit for...

I mean, on these three major topics, he's basically in AGREEMENT with Democrats:

Foreign millitary intervention - not for it, but then again, he says he's going to smash ISIS and build up the military, so who knows

Trade - he sounds like Bernie Sanders

Social Security - he sounds like Hillary Clinton - wants to keep things the way they are...no cutback in benefits and no raising the retirement age

So what exactly is scaring you so damn much that you think the money you were counting on to live out the rest of your life in comfort, is now in jeopardy?
Posts 107, 110 and 112 I asked him something similar and crickets.