PDA

View Full Version : News Flash!!! NY Times say it will start telling the truth

Clocker
11-12-2016, 07:45 PM
Which brings up the question: is this the truth, or just more NY Times spin?

The publisher of The New York Times penned a letter to readers Friday promising that the paper would “reflect” on its coverage of this year’s election while rededicating itself to reporting on “America and the world” honestly.

New York Post columnist and former Times reporter Michael Goodwin wrote, "because it (The Times) demonized Trump from start to finish, it failed to realize he was onto something. And because the paper decided that Trump’s supporters were a rabble of racist rednecks and homophobes, it didn’t have a clue about what was happening in the lives of the Americans who elected the new president.

Sulzbergers letter was released after the paper’s public editor, Liz Spayd, took the paper to task for its election coverage. She pointed out how its polling feature Upshot gave Hillary Clinton an 84 percent chance as voters went to the polls.

She compared stories that the paper ran about President-elect Donald Trump and Clinton, where the paper made Clinton look functional and organized and the Trump discombobulated.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11/12/new-york-times-publisher-vows-to-rededicate-itself-to-reporting-honestly.html (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11/12/new-york-times-publisher-vows-to-rededicate-itself-to-reporting-honestly.html)

classhandicapper
11-12-2016, 07:55 PM
The media tell the truth. lmao

ReplayRandall
11-12-2016, 09:46 PM
Ahhh yes....
The N.Y. Times joins the ranks of Wells Fargo as "sudden-realizers" of the truth...

Tom
11-12-2016, 10:06 PM
Gawd, how much credibility can you give a rag that has to promise to stop lying?

reckless
11-13-2016, 05:44 AM
Was it mentioned that The New York Times is owned by Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim, who became a billionaire exploiting the very issues Donald Trump ran on and against?

Slim wants open US borders; onerous one-sided trade deals, cheaply made products such as cell phones, an uneducated and unskilled work force plus the destruction of US sovereignty.

With Trump winning the presidency, I do expect that Carlos Slim will put this old gray lady up for sale. He will no longer want to subsidize a business that lost close to a billion dollars and can't get the job done when told to!

davew
11-13-2016, 09:43 AM
I have to wonder if half of the subscribers cancelled their subscription.

He still is making good money off the USA from the obamaphone contract he has.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/10/carlos-slim-obamaphones_n_1955929.html

Jess Hawsen Arown
11-13-2016, 10:05 AM
After reading the Publisher's attempt to get people to read the Times again, I fired off the following letter to the editor. I know it has no shot of being published, but I just wanted my opinion registered with them.

__________________________________________________ ______________

It was with great interest that I read the letter from Mr. Sulzberger to his New York Times readers. Of course I read it on the Internet and not on the website or in the newspaper. I stopped reading The New York Times in 2004 when it became obvious that what people had been saying was true. The New York Times WAS the greatest newspaper in the world. I had an opportunity to work there as a consultant many years ago and I felt something special just walking through the doors. I used to argue, 'Who cares what the editorial pages say, this is the number one source for honest news.' It was during the 2004 presidential campaign that I found out how wrong I had been as the supposedly hard news stories wreaked of obvious bias. Since then, the stories that reached the Internet showed that it had become increasingly detestable and my loathing of The New York Times organization increased.

The letter that includes the phrase "rededicate ourselves to the fundamental mission of Times journalism" and "report America and the world honestly" lifted my spirits. However when it was followed by "We believe we reported on both candidates fairly..." my spirits faded. That is just an outright lie. But I am going to focus on the those first two phrases and give "The New York Times" one more chance. We so desperately want The New York Times of days gone by.

Your vitriol on the editorial pages is your domain and there is nothing you can say there that would keep me from reading the paper. But manipulate the news just once and I am gone and will report the specifics of said manipulation to as many people who will listen.

Here's hoping to be a reader once more.

Tom
11-13-2016, 10:14 AM
There is no place for the Times anymore.
They can never regain any integrity unless it is sold.