PDA

View Full Version : Electoral Vote

chrisl
11-12-2016, 11:09 AM
http://www.koat.com/article/electoral-college-petitions/8282592

Could this happen.

classhandicapper
11-12-2016, 11:33 AM
If that happened (and it won't), imo we would definitely have an armed civil war/revolution. Given the distribution of guns and ammo in the country I don't think I'd want to be a liberal.

classhandicapper
11-12-2016, 11:34 AM
Here's another point.

People on the left are not understanding something very significant when it comes to the popular vote (aside from intent).

Trump spent very little time and money in states like CA, IL, NY, MA and other heavily blue states because he knew he had zero chance of winning them. Once you know you can't win a state, it doesn't matter if you lose 51% - 49% or 70% - 30%, you lose all the votes. Instead he spent time and money in states where he had a shot.

If we were to switch to popular vote, the strategies would change dramatically. Suddenly, every vote would count equally. So a guy like Trump would spend 10s of millions of dollars in CA, MA, NY, IL etc... and get a LOT more votes in those states. He would spend less time in places like NH, WI, Iowa, etc.. instead.

There is no way to know by this popular vote what would have happened in an election where both sides were competing for popular vote instead of electoral votes.

Track Collector
11-12-2016, 02:14 PM
Here's another point.

People on the left are not understanding something very significant when it comes to the popular vote (aside from intent).

Trump spent very little time and money in states like CA, IL, NY, MA and other heavily blue states because he knew he had zero chance of winning them. Once you know you can't win a state, it doesn't matter if you lose 51% - 49% or 70% - 30%, you lose all the votes. Instead he spent time and money in states where he had a shot.

If we were to switch to popular vote, the strategies would change dramatically. Suddenly, every vote would count equally. So a guy like Trump would spend 10s of millions of dollars in CA, MA, NY, IL etc... and get a LOT more votes in those states. He would spend less time in places like NH, WI, Iowa, etc.. instead.

There is no way to know by this popular vote what would have happened in an election where both sides were competing for popular vote instead of electoral votes.

Valid points, which are likely deemed inconvenient by the left.

MikeH
11-12-2016, 02:21 PM
See this thread...

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2073554&postcount=34

which is part of this post...

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134540

chadk66
11-12-2016, 02:59 PM
good chance when all the votes are finally in she won't win the popular vote either. But I can guarantee you one thing. If something like that happened there would be massive bloodshed in this country. It would be very unwise to underestimate the volume of hurt that would be put on the liberals in this country. There is a very large faction in this country praying for something like this to stoke the fire.

fast4522
11-12-2016, 03:08 PM
good chance when all the votes are finally in she won't win the popular vote either. But I can guarantee you one thing. If something like that happened there would be massive bloodshed in this country. It would be very unwise to underestimate the volume of hurt that would be put on the liberals in this country. There is a very large faction in this country praying for something like this to stoke the fire.

A continuation of Obama in Clinton.

Steve 'StatMan'
11-12-2016, 08:06 PM

Yes. We really don't want the EC to reverse the results and have BOTH sides rioting. That would be the true 'Ruin' of our nation and the U.S. Dollar, and play into the backup plan of George Soros and moreon.org, major backers of HRC, Obama, and now, the protests. Remember, he did it to Russia, and he did it to the banking system in Great Britian, and proffted quite outrageously I might ad. Talk about the evil of Big Money!

Tom
11-12-2016, 10:10 PM
Soros is why we have the CIA, correct?
Should he not disappear?

Would there not be prades worldwide if he did?

Steve 'StatMan'
11-12-2016, 10:26 PM
Soros is why we have the CIA, correct?
Should he not disappear?

Would there not be prades worldwide if he did?

The CIA of Obama and George Soros would not allow that, nor enough investigating and charging of Hillary Clinton during her tenure, or actions before or afterwards as well.

I'm hopeful the Trump non-George Soros CIA will look toward doing the job they were hired to do on all foreign and domestic fronts, and Both/ALL parties.

barahona44
11-12-2016, 10:30 PM
Even if Clinton were to win Michigan and New Hampshire,(and MI seems highly unlikely) there would still need to be TWENTY TWO voters to switch their votes for Hillary to win.Given that the number of people in history who have not voted for their state's winner can just about be counted on the fingers of one hand, aliens from a far away galaxy conquering the earth is a more likely outcome.

Methinks that some of you just realized that after eight years of tossing rotten fruit at Obama,now it's YOUR boy up there on stage .No Bubba, no Hillary , no Obama ,no Michelle, not even Uncle Joe Biden to blame.

Instead of looking for left wing boogeymen, may I suggest relaxing and savoring your victory?

Have a splendid weekend.

davew
11-12-2016, 10:38 PM
Even if Clinton were to win Michigan and New Hampshire,(and MI seems highly unlikely) there would still need to be TWENTY TWO voters to switch their votes for Hillary to win.Given that the number of people in history who have not voted for their state's winner can just about be counted on the fingers of one hand, aliens from a far away galaxy conquering the earth is a more likely outcome.

Methinks that some of you just realized that after eight years of tossing rotten fruit at Obama,now it's YOUR boy up there on stage .No Bubba, no Hillary , no Obama ,no Michelle, not even Uncle Joe Biden to blame.

Instead of looking for left wing boogeymen, may I suggest relaxing and savoring your victory?

Have a splendid weekend.

and just like 0bamas' first couple years - control of house and senate

lets see what they can get done

NJ Stinks
11-13-2016, 12:00 AM

Have a splendid weekend.

I don't mind a lot but when the hate comes shining through I have to wonder why bother posting down here.

Tom
11-13-2016, 10:30 AM

No problem.