PDA

View Full Version : Millennials

EMD4ME
11-10-2016, 08:57 PM
What planet are these supposed "humans" from???

This country and this WORLD are in for a heap of trouble as this generation is the most unique of them all. :bang: :bang: :bang:

EasyGoer89
11-10-2016, 09:36 PM
Too much CNN watching and not enough digging deep into the web to find truth.

ReplayRandall
11-10-2016, 09:39 PM
What planet are these supposed "humans" from???

This country and this WORLD are in for a heap of trouble as this generation is the most unique of them all. :bang: :bang: :bang:

It's what the Obama legacy has left us, "bawling basement dwelling cry-babies".....What did you expect?

EMD4ME
11-10-2016, 10:10 PM
I had an epiphany tonight.

These libtards have zero chance of every betting a horse race. So soft, so mushy. They'd lose a race and expect a 100% rebate as a participation trophy.

Getting back on track :lol: ....

Watched Waters World tonight and I get the fact that the people he chooses to speak to are totally out there BUT there are just so many space cadets out there. They might even outnumber the normal folk.

1 libtard said it's a shame HRC lost as she may lose her right to an abortion, free healthcare and the winner is a racist who wants illegals deported.

I would be embarrassed to need an abortion (especially since I'm a guy :lol: ). I would be embarrassed to EXPECT free healthcare. I would be embarrassed to tell the country that I am welcomed by, HOW to manage it's borders.

Seriously, these people need to be shipped to Alaska and let them drive each other nuts.

Leave the normal people alone you FREAKS.

barahona44
11-10-2016, 10:33 PM
The college age kids I can deal with.The ones in their 30's and 40's are more of a concern.

thaskalos
11-10-2016, 10:35 PM
I had an epiphany tonight.

These libtards have zero chance of every betting a horse race. So soft, so mushy. They'd lose a race and expect a 100% rebate as a participation trophy.

Getting back on track :lol: ....

Watched Waters World tonight and I get the fact that the people he chooses to speak to are totally out there BUT there are just so many space cadets out there. They might even outnumber the normal folk.

1 libtard said it's a shame HRC lost as she may lose her right to an abortion, free healthcare and the winner is a racist who wants illegals deported.

I would be embarrassed to need an abortion (especially since I'm a guy :lol: ). I would be embarrassed to EXPECT free healthcare. I would be embarrassed to tell the country that I am welcomed by, HOW to manage it's borders.

Seriously, these people need to be shipped to Alaska and let them drive each other nuts.

Leave the normal people alone you FREAKS.

What's a "libtard"?

ReplayRandall
11-10-2016, 10:36 PM
The college age kids I can deal with.The ones in their 30's and 40's are more of a concern.

Off-topic post, now you're talking about generation X-er's....:cool:

EasyGoer89
11-10-2016, 10:43 PM
What's a "libtard"?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Libtard

davew
11-10-2016, 10:50 PM
What's a "libtard"?

Someone indoctrinated into a cult, a result of 'common core' education and too many participation trophies.

barahona44
11-10-2016, 11:00 PM
Off-topic post, now you're talking about generation X-er's....:cool:True but EMOTIONALLY, they're Millenials. :)

Fager Fan
11-10-2016, 11:01 PM
Too much CNN watching and not enough digging deep into the web to find truth.

If only they did watch CNN they might have a clue. They get their "news" from memes and things they share with each other on social media. I'm learning more and more what a spoiled and worthless generation this is.

barahona44
11-10-2016, 11:09 PM
If only they did watch CNN they might have a clue. They get their "news" from memes and things they share with each other on social media. I'm learning more and more what a spoiled and worthless generation this is.
"Get off my lawn, you rotten millennials!" :)

Fager Fan
11-11-2016, 12:07 AM

I wish it was that easy to get rid of them.

My best friends had a kid late in life, and the kid is spoiled rotten. Decided to out herself as gay at age 12, then bi at 13, then straight at 14, and is upset that "mean kids" call her a dyke. Well, darling, you shouldn't have gone the "cool" route of telling everyone you're gay before you'd ever even kissed anyone.

I heard a story last night where a 13yo "gay girl" (who knows if she has a clue what she is) was hysterical over Trump and thinks that he's going to remove her from her parents and make her undergo shock therapy.

Every time I'm around any kid 12 and older, they can't go 30 minutes without their phones. Let them visit your house then tell them you don't know your password for the wifi and they go into a panic.

The only important things in their lives are: 1. Their phones. 2. LGTBQ (and whatever letters they'll add next) rights. 3. The environment. In other words, they're idiots.

So damn straight, get off my lawn, cause you sure as hell wouldn't be interested in earning a little money by cutting it!

Steve 'StatMan'
11-11-2016, 03:27 AM

Yeah. And "Hey, this pizza is cold!"

EMD4ME
11-11-2016, 08:03 AM
True but EMOTIONALLY, they're Millenials. :)

You know how I mess with them?

I make eye contact and say thank you/you're welcome. (like when I open a door for them).

They short circuit in .05 seconds. Head twitches, eyes bounce back and forth and their fingers start texting but there's no phone attached to their hands.

GaryG
11-11-2016, 08:14 AM
You know how I mess with them?

I make eye contact and say thank you/you're welcome. (like when I open a door for them).

They short circuit in .05 seconds. Head twitches, eyes bounce back and forth and their fingers start texting but there's no phone attached to their hands.My grandson is 21 and just graduated from Furman. He is a fine boy who is respectful and polite. He was really excited to cast his first vote in a presidential election. I realize he is an extreme minority and generally EMD4ME has it right. I drive by ETSU a few times a week and see the cupcakes texting at full speed while crossing the street. Makes me wish I had an air horn or Jakes Brakes on my vehicle.

EMD4ME
11-11-2016, 08:21 AM
My grandson is 21 and just graduated from Furman. He is a fine boy who is respectful and polite. He was really excited to cast his first vote in a presidential election. I realize he is an extreme minority and generally EMD4ME has it right. I drive by ETSU a few times a week and see the cupcakes texting at full speed while crossing the street. Makes me wish I had an air horn or Jakes Brakes on my vehicle.

That is a DIRECT result of you and his family. GREAT JOB! Be proud :ThmbUp: . It is so hard to raise a child to be a normal human being these days.

chadk66
11-11-2016, 09:04 AM
My grandson is 21 and just graduated from Furman. He is a fine boy who is respectful and polite. He was really excited to cast his first vote in a presidential election. I realize he is an extreme minority and generally EMD4ME has it right. I drive by ETSU a few times a week and see the cupcakes texting at full speed while crossing the street. Makes me wish I had an air horn or Jakes Brakes on my vehicle.Buddy of mine mounted an air horn off a train into his box on his pickup. He went full redneck. He had to mount an air compressor to the front of his engine and a fairly large air tank in the box to have enough air to operate it. Loudest damn thing I've ever heard. He blew it inside his shop one day and I swore it was going to blow the windows out of the place. That would clear a road in a new york second.:D

classhandicapper
11-11-2016, 09:30 AM
This is the result of raising pampered kids that are never exposed to disappointment, loss, someone saying "no" etc.. They are too busy in their safe zones to grow up.

Their parents need to kick them in them in the ass, help them grow up, and tell them they don't get a trophy for participating in an election. Sometimes you just LOSE!.

PaceAdvantage
11-11-2016, 09:35 AM
What's a "libtard"?It's an unacceptable term to use on this board, and I wish people would stop using it along with all other derivatives and origins of that word.

Tom
11-11-2016, 09:36 AM
All that free hot chocolate the "universities" are handing out to comfort the poor little soap flakes, or snow fakes, or whatever they call themselves......we should lace it with Ex Lax and give a real life lesson on elections.

EMD4ME
11-11-2016, 09:49 AM
It's an unacceptable term to use on this board, and I wish people would stop using it along with all other derivatives and origins of that word.

Boss, I don't want to be in trouble again.

I used it as I LEARNED it from this board and thought because it's being used that it's ok to use here. You need to know that. My apologies.

EMD4ME
11-11-2016, 09:50 AM
This is the result of raising pampered kids that are never exposed to disappointment, loss, someone saying "no" etc.. They are too busy in their safe zones to grow up.

Their parents need to kick them in them in the ass, help them grow up, and tell them they don't get a trophy for participating in an election. Sometimes you just LOSE!.

Problem is their parents either feel the same way OR are incapable of policing their kids.

PaceAdvantage
11-11-2016, 09:54 AM
Boss, I don't want to be in trouble again.

I used it as I LEARNED it from this board and thought because it's being used that it's ok to use here. You need to know that. My apologies.I'm not a fan of political correctness, however I take exception in this instance, as there are more than a few people on this board with special-needs children.

EMD4ME
11-11-2016, 09:57 AM
I'm not a fan of political correctness, however I take exception in this instance, as there are more than a few people on this board with special-needs children.

Didn't see it that way. Good point.

Is Libturd ok?

PaceAdvantage
11-11-2016, 10:19 AM
Didn't see it that way. Good point.

Is Libturd ok?Considering the names the left here has for Conservatives, I don't see why not

delayjf
11-11-2016, 10:36 AM
Buddy of mine mounted an air horn off a train into his box on his pickup. He went full redneck. He had to mount an air compressor to the front of his engine and a fairly large air tank in the box to have enough air to operate it. Loudest damn thing I've ever heard. He blew it inside his shop one day and I swore it was going to blow the windows out of the place. That would clear a road in a new york second.

Here's where he went wrong and the solution.

Clocker
11-11-2016, 12:22 PM
All that free hot chocolate the "universities" are handing out to comfort the poor little soap flakes, or snow fakes, or whatever they call themselves......we should lace it with Ex Lax and give a real life lesson on elections.

Apparently the entire higher education system in this country has been shut down by rampant PTSD.

My new favorite is the University of Michigan, once highly regarded for academics.

“People are frustrated, people are just really sad and shocked,” said Trey Boynton, the director of multi-ethnic student affairs at the University of Michigan. “A lot of people are feeling like there has been a loss. We talked about grief today and about the loss of hope that this election would solidify the progress that was being made.”

There was a steady flow of students entering Ms. Boynton’s office Wednesday. They spent the day sprawled around the center, playing with Play-Doh and coloring in coloring books, as they sought comfort and distraction.

Tom
11-11-2016, 12:25 PM
...playing with Play-Doh and coloring in coloring books, as they sought comfort and distraction.

Be.....all you can be.

Yup, they are.
I bet H4C is there....coloring outside the lines! :lol:

chadk66
11-11-2016, 12:53 PM
I read yesterday that at a middle school in Michigan yesterday the kids started chanting "build the wall" :lol:

EMD4ME
11-11-2016, 01:12 PM
Coloring books....

My lord..... :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

classhandicapper
11-11-2016, 03:19 PM
God forbid we ever have to fight World War 3 and draft millions of these kids. The uniform will have to include a diaper. I used to think I lacked courage and didn't handle losing well. I'm Audie Murphy compared to the millennials and snowflakes.

Fager Fan
11-11-2016, 03:48 PM
I read yesterday that at a middle school in Michigan yesterday the kids started chanting "build the wall" :lol:

But that's terrible, you know!

I've said since 911 that the enemy is within. If I could choose, I'd build a wall to block out those college babies (and their liberal parents and teachers) instead of Mexico.

GaryG
11-11-2016, 04:25 PM
Ivy League schools are the most pussified of all. At Penn a student had to teach a physics class because the prof had to go for post-election trauma counseling.

EMD4ME
11-11-2016, 06:14 PM
Ivy League schools are the most pussified of all. At Penn a student had to teach a physics class because the prof had to go for post-election trauma counseling.

Should be fired immediately, PERIOD.

thaskalos
11-11-2016, 09:05 PM
God forbid we ever have to fight World War 3 and draft millions of these kids. The uniform will have to include a diaper. I used to think I lacked courage and didn't handle losing well. I'm Audie Murphy compared to the millennials and snowflakes.
You can't pull the trigger on a bet at the track...and now you are AUDIE MURPHY? :p

fast4522
11-11-2016, 09:51 PM

The main benefit of Trump beating that lying excuse of a human is less conflicts. Obama and Clinton have already had a go at Vladimir Putin and got lunches handed to them. Foreign policy disaster over and over, Trump is not going to try to make Vladimir Putin look bad to his own people, if he can strike up a better rapport maybe even something hosting him at TRUMP INTERNATIONAL GOLF LINKS, SCOTLAND. The ability to be able to turn things off for a while and enjoy the day might happen, the MiG-29 fighter jets getting too damn close might stop.

KidCruz
11-15-2016, 04:31 AM

Fellow vet here, where did you serve?

summersquall
11-15-2016, 07:36 AM
More lunacy from the left as UVA faculty ask university president to stop quoting Thomas Jefferson. http://www.cavalierdaily.com/article/2016/11/professors-ask-sullivan-to-stop-quoting-jefferson

MutuelClerk
11-15-2016, 09:22 AM
Who's raising these millennials? Isn't it mostly people around a lot of our ages? What is the parents place in all this? Of course all the parents here are perfect, probably like all their congress people and it's all the other parents and districts that are the problem.

classhandicapper
11-15-2016, 09:34 AM
You can't pull the trigger on a bet at the track...and now you are AUDIE MURPHY? :p

That generated a very legit laugh our loud here at DRF. :lol:

classhandicapper
11-15-2016, 09:36 AM
Fellow vet here, where did you serve?

I respect you service more than you can imagine, but I did not serve.

I was more or less making a joke that I lack your courage, but compared to the current generation I look pretty good. ;)

KidCruz
11-16-2016, 01:41 PM
I respect you service more than you can imagine, but I did not serve.

I was more or less making a joke that I lack your courage, but compared to the current generation I look pretty good. ;)

Well, I am 31 so I have no idea which generational bucket you want to drop me in but go **** yourself for demeaning the courage of people far braver than you ever will be behind your keyboard.

Tom
11-16-2016, 01:55 PM
Hold on, he never demeaned anyone who served.

Inner Dirt
11-16-2016, 06:09 PM

Should be fired immediately, PERIOD.

You have to give him credit for believing in the alarmist rhetoric he was probably spewing over a possible Trump victory.

ElKabong
11-16-2016, 06:33 PM
Well, I am 31 so I have no idea which generational bucket you want to drop me in but go **** yourself for demeaning the courage of people far braver than you ever will be behind your keyboard.

As you get older you'll realize we all have one vote. Just because you (and I ) served doesn't give us any higher ground on this issue

It bothers me too when people on this board and elsewhere get brave with others lives. But I know I have to be silent I don't run the country

fast4522
11-16-2016, 07:31 PM
It bothers me too when people on this board and elsewhere get brave with others lives. But I know I have to be silent I don't run the country

Why not, they have been brave enough with other peoples money for decades?

JustRalph
11-16-2016, 07:32 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3942278/PIERS-MORGAN-Memo-millennials-awful-feeling-ve-got-called-losing-happens-want-know-win-stop-whinging-bit-learn-lessons-Trump.html

Piers Morgan on kids

EMD4ME
11-16-2016, 07:48 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3942278/PIERS-MORGAN-Memo-millennials-awful-feeling-ve-got-called-losing-happens-want-know-win-stop-whinging-bit-learn-lessons-Trump.html

Piers Morgan on kids

I LOVE IT.

The Millennials he is speaking of are incaple of logical thought. Pure dunces. I truly hope 20%-40% of Millenials are not dunces......This world is in deep shit if 80%-100% are.

EMD4ME
11-16-2016, 08:16 PM
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I JUST HAD AN EPIPHANY.

In order to increase horse racing handle, we should do the following:

Give out participation trophies to all millennials after they lose a wager :lol:

Have group hugs given out after every race, to help non-winners cope with their result.

Millennials will be ALLOWED to protest, like horses parade at 10 MTP, from the finish line to the 1/8 pole in between every race.

Millennials will be allowed to make withdrawals from mommy and daddy's accounts after they tap out :lol: :lol: :lol:

proximity
11-16-2016, 09:28 PM
Apparently the entire higher education system in this country has been shut down by rampant PTSD.

My new favorite is the University of Michigan, once highly regarded for academics.......

then the football team loses to iowa and the starting quarterback goes down?

the line at multi-ethnic student affairs had to be a mile long!! :faint:

thaskalos
11-16-2016, 09:51 PM

Piers Morgan on kids

Have the Hillary supporters not suffered enough? Now they have to endure "success" lessons from PIERS MORGAN? :rolleyes:

LottaKash
11-16-2016, 09:57 PM
Give out participation trophies to all millennials after they lose a wager :lol:

Do we still get to mess with the Play-Doh, even after getting the trophy ?... :jump:

ElKabong
11-17-2016, 01:14 AM
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I JUST HAD AN EPIPHANY.

In order to increase horse racing handle, we should do the following:

:

Much is made of these "participation trophies" that the younger generation gets. Question: What generation has been handing out these trophies?

The younger generation is what we've shaped them to be. They're not to blame. We can only hope they wake up and be responsible, which is the opposite of how we've guided them to this point

johnhannibalsmith
11-17-2016, 10:53 AM

The younger generation is what we've shaped them to be. ...

:ThmbUp:

Yup. Full of self-esteem. To the brim. Overflowing. Now staining the carpet.

classhandicapper
11-17-2016, 12:03 PM

You misunderstood.

I demeaned no one that served. I demeaned the very young generation of millennials that have not served and need safe spaces from micro aggressions. I can't imagine them being asked to serve. .

FakeNameChanged
11-17-2016, 10:09 PM
You misunderstood.

I demeaned no one that served. I demeaned the very young generation of millennials that have not served and need safe spaces from micro aggressions. I can't imagine them being asked to serve. .Uh, you might want to take a good look at his age, and reconsider. LOTS of Millenials have served and are THE LARGEST segment of our Armed Services right now.
As of 2014, Millennials make up 75% of our Armed Services.

http://download.militaryonesource.mil/12038/MOS/Reports/2014-Demographics-Report.pdf

look at page 35

Tom
11-17-2016, 10:31 PM
He is not talking about them.

He is talking about the feeble minded cowards with no backbone who need coddling to get over a demonstration of our democracy in action.

I cannot image any of them have the guts to do anything on their own.
Worthless pablum pukers, the lot of them.

FakeNameChanged
11-18-2016, 05:38 AM
He is not talking about them.

He is talking about the feeble minded cowards with no backbone who need coddling to get over a demonstration of our democracy in action.

I cannot image any of them have the guts to do anything on their own.
Worthless pablum pukers, the lot of them.I can read.

I guess the millions plus of Millenials that are already serving and have served don't count.

thaskalos
11-18-2016, 06:09 AM
I can read.

I guess the millions plus of Millenials that are already serving and have served don't count.

That's right. A bunch of fat-assed horseplayers who are struggling to get off of their couches have decided that these "complaining millennials" must be a bunch of "cowards"...who would shit in their pants if they ever found themselves in a "combat" situation. These horseplayers, after all, know all about "true courage"...because they've been talking tough all these years from behind a keyboard. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

The young are out there risking their lives to serve our country...and we, the "not-so-young", rediscover our courage in middle age...and pretend that WE are the "Audie Murphys", and THEY are the "cowards". We forget that WE are the ones who should be wearing the "diapers".

Tom
11-18-2016, 07:23 AM
RIF.
He did NOT refer to anyone serving.
If you guys need to pretend he did to fit your personal agenda, fine, but you are dead wrong.

NorCalGreg
11-18-2016, 07:25 AM
That's right. A bunch of fat-assed horseplayers who are struggling to get off of their couches have decided that these "complaining millennials" must be a bunch of "cowards"...who would shit in their pants if they ever found themselves in a "combat" situation. These horseplayers, after all, know all about "true courage"...because they've been talking tough all these years from behind a keyboard. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

The young are out there risking their lives to serve our country...and we, the "not-so-young", rediscover our courage in middle age...and pretend that WE are the "Audie Murphys", and THEY are the "cowards". We forget that WE are the ones who should be wearing the "diapers".

No thask....we've been tough-talking before they INVENTED home computers because it was then WE were in the military---we weren't always horse players on the couch. So forgive me---some of us may know of what we speak.

elysiantraveller
11-18-2016, 08:49 AM

Quite frankly **** most of these guys.

This is the longest armed conflict in our history and its being fought almost solely by millennials. Those that they think need a "diaper" and are protesting have lost friends, classmates, loved ones or had them come back shells of their former selves or watched them finish off themselves because the enemy couldn't.

Most of the people commenting on this thread.... **** them...

Tom
11-18-2016, 09:10 AM

Goes both ways.

classhandicapper
11-18-2016, 11:37 AM
RIF.
He did NOT refer to anyone serving.
If you guys need to pretend he did to fit your personal agenda, fine, but you are dead wrong.

They are obviously being ridiculous because they have nothing better to do.

It could hardly be more obvious I was talking about people of the younger generation that have never served and that need safe spaces from micro aggressions because their feelings might get hurt or because they lost and didn't get a participation trophy.

I'd rather have my father's generation defending my freedom than someone like that. I'd rather have my father's generation defending my freedom more than someone like me.

I have no problem with those young people that are serving now. They have more courage than me and I said as much.

thaskalos
11-18-2016, 01:41 PM
They are obviously being ridiculous because they have nothing better to do.

It could hardly be more obvious I was talking about people of the younger generation that have never served and that need safe spaces from micro aggressions because their feelings might get hurt or because they lost and didn't get a participation trophy.

I'd rather have my father's generation defending my freedom than someone like that. I'd rather have my father's generation defending my freedom more than someone like me.

I have no problem with those young people that are serving now. They have more courage than me and I said as much.

When you keep on talking, as you often do, about the jeopardy in which we have placed the future of this "younger generation", through the ignorance or apathy that WE -- the "wiser generation" -- have exhibited...do you actually MEAN what you say...or do you just enjoy reading your own musings? How many times have you told us here about the great financial burden that we have shouldered our "younger generation" with...through the incompetent economic methods that we have supported and employed in the past? We have jeopardized the future of our youth with our stupidity and incompetence...and we are now criticizing this same youth for their "cowardice"...while we are patting ourselves on the back for our supposed "courage"?

On the one hand, we lament the fact that we have burdened our young people with CRUSHING debt...and on the other hand, we are trying to tell them that we are a lot smarter and "braver" than they are? How have we exhibited our OWN "intelligence and courage", classhandicapper? By turning this country into a much worse place than the one that WE inherited, from OUR fathers?

It's not enough that we have mortgaged our youth's future...we now want to see them get "drafted" too...so they could prove their COURAGE to us? Have WE proven OUR supposed "intelligence and courage", to THEM? :rolleyes:

classhandicapper
11-18-2016, 01:54 PM
Quite frankly **** most of these guys.

This is the longest armed conflict in our history and its being fought almost solely by millennials. Those that they think need a "diaper" and are protesting have lost friends, classmates, loved ones or had them come back shells of their former selves or watched them finish off themselves because the enemy couldn't.

That was nice speech, but they aren't protesting the wars and conflicts that were made more complex by the foreign policy errors of Obama and Hillary in Iraq, Syria, Libya, and Iran. They aren't protesting the deterioration of our relationship with Russia and rising risk of war or the deterioration of our relationship with Israel (in fact they probably like that).

They are kids protesting an elected president whose major crime so far is not having enough empathy and political experience to understand that he needs to choose his words very carefully when talking about some issues....and of course that they lost for the very first time in their lives and didn't even get a participation trophy.

When he actually does something bad, there might be a reason to protest.

classhandicapper
11-18-2016, 02:05 PM
When you keep on talking, as you often do, about the jeopardy in which we have placed the future of this "younger generation", through the ignorance or apathy that WE -- the "wiser generation" -- have exhibited...do you actually MEAN what you say...or do you just enjoy reading your own musings? How many times have you told us here about the great financial burden that we have shouldered our "younger generation" with...through the incompetent economic methods that we have supported and employed in the past? We have jeopardized the future of our youth with our stupidity and incompetence...and we are now criticizing this same youth for their "cowardice"...while we are patting ourselves on the back for our supposed "courage"?

On the one hand, we lament the fact that we have burdened our young people with CRUSHING debt...and on the other hand, we are trying to tell them that we are a lot smarter and "braver" than they are? How have we exhibited our OWN "intelligence and courage", classhandicapper? By turning this country into a much worse place than the one that WE inherited, from OUR fathers?

It's not enough that we have mortgaged our youth's future...we now want to see them get "drafted" too...so they could prove their COURAGE to us? Have WE proven OUR supposed "intelligence and courage", to THEM? :rolleyes:

I'm not sure what you are talking about.

I complimented my father's WW2 generation because they showed incredible courage and a willingness to sacrifice in order to pass on a strong, safe, and economically viable nation to my generation.

I complained about a subset of this generation that I don't think is particularly mature or tough.

I said nothing about the courage of my generation. Only my own lack of it.

We sucked for different reasons. As you said, we were too self centered to live within our means and are passing on a lot of debt and obligations to our grandchildren. But given that they thought Bernie Sander's ideas were going to solve their problems, whatever they are teaching in college is more problematical than just safe spaces and micro aggressions.

elysiantraveller
11-18-2016, 02:10 PM
That was nice speech, but they aren't protesting the wars and conflicts that were made more complex by the foreign policy errors of Obama and Hillary in Iraq, Syria, Libya, and Iran. They aren't protesting the deterioration of our relationship with Russia and rising risk of war or the deterioration of our relationship with Israel (in fact they probably like that).

They are kids protesting an elected president whose major crime so far is not having enough empathy and political experience to understand that he needs to choose his words very carefully when talking about some issues....and of course that they lost for the very first time in their lives and didn't even get a participation trophy.

When he actually does something bad, there might be a reason to protest.

Yeah... those young people are protesting (First Amendment thing btw for the "Constitutionalist" in you) a President who will continue to shoulder them with an even greater burden of debt selected by the largely white, middle-aged, American voting block.

I'm glad my generation rejects a Fascist platform.

Our previous generations have put us into one helluva a whole to dig out of and regardless of how bad the President-Elect's fiscal/economic policies will affect them (Pretty badly in case you're wondering) they sure don't see him as the solution.

Re-read Thasks post.

elysiantraveller
11-18-2016, 02:14 PM
I complained about a subset of this generation that I don't think is particularly mature or tough.

I said nothing about the courage of my generation. Only my own lack of it.

We sucked for different reasons. As you said, we were too self centered to live within our means and are passing on a lot of debt and obligations to our grandchildren. But given that they thought Bernie Sander's ideas were going to solve their problems, whatever they are teaching in college is more problematical than just safe spaces and micro aggressions.

Please... you turn on the news and make fun of select people and use it to cast a swathe among the most ****ed generation in American history.

How astute of you.

Their reasons for being pissed are mixed but the fact they are pissed is completely warranted.

classhandicapper
11-18-2016, 02:21 PM
Yeah... those young people are protesting (First Amendment thing btw for the "Constitutionalist" in you) a President who will continue to shoulder them with an even greater burden of debt selected by the largely white, middle-aged, American voting block.

Re-read Thasks post.

It's not a constitutional right to riot, damage private businesses, attack Trump supporters (or vice versa) as part of your free speech.

They are not protesting his economics, which have not even been negotiated towards the center yet before passing, as these things always are.

They are protesting all the claims that he is racist, sexist, intolerant etc... because they lost to an insensitive boob without a filter that hasn't even done anything.

I doubt they are protesting the fact that he is refusing to slow the growth of Social Security or Medicare or the signs they were holding up would say as much. It's the mature fiscally responsible adults that are going to try to sway him towards more responsible fiscal policy.

elysiantraveller
11-18-2016, 02:23 PM
It's not a constitutional right to riot, damage private businesses, attack Trump supporters (or vice versa) as part of your free speech.

They are not protesting his economics, which have not even been negotiated towards the center yet before passing, as these things always are.

They are protesting all the claims that he is racist, sexist, intolerant etc... because they lost to an insensitive boob without a filter that hasn't even done anything.

I doubt they are protesting the fact that he is refusing to slow the growth of Social Security or Medicare or the signs they were holding up would say as much. It's the mature fiscally responsible adults that are going to try to sway him towards more responsible fiscal policy.

Your "out of touch"ness with that generation is really quite remarkable and sadly an accurate portrayal of this forum.

Please continuing judging away on us weaklings and cowards.

ElKabong
11-18-2016, 02:26 PM

Our previous generations have put us into one helluva a whole to dig out of and regardless of how bad the President-Elect's fiscal/economic policies will affect them (Pretty badly in case you're wondering) they sure don't see him as the solution.

Re-read Thasks post.

All I can say, and not in a derogatory way, is...
Elections have consequences. If the protestors that actually didn't vote can see that now, it's a good lesson to them

Trump is less likely to march us into yet more wars than Clinton. My opinion, but given her past I feel confident I'm right on this

My generation fought in Vietnam...we know too well about this subject. Most of us that served aren't quite as trigger happy as those who didn't ( I never saw combat in any way shape or form...just to be honest...but served with many that did. From my experience they are less likely to be pro war in the modern era)

Read Thask? He's from Greece. He may or may not be a good guy but when it comes to this subject I'll pass on his opinion. ....you don't playa the game, you don't maka the rules...

classhandicapper
11-18-2016, 02:28 PM
Your "out of touch"ness with that generation is really quite remarkable and sadly an accurate portrayal of this forum.

Please continuing judging away on us weaklings and cowards.

We all know what this is about.

The left lost the presidency, Senate, House, Supreme Court, and a lot of state power on top of that. All they have left is the media and everyone hates the media for being so biased too. Rather than have a nervous breakdown over it and blaming white people, racism, and every other bull crap story under the sun, they ought to look inside and try to figure out how and why they actually lost. Then they should figure out how they can work with this president (and oppose him when necessary) to keep him in the middle.

But they would rather cry, protest, panic, melt down, riot, attack people with different opinions, run to their safe spaces, close schools, cancel tests, go for therapy, get out their coloring books etc..

Sorry dude. I am not judging you personally or an entire generation and I fully understand the legitimate beefs your generation has. But that's not what they are protesting. When they actually have something legit to protest because he's done something bad I'll be fully supportive. Right now the left looks like a bunch of whiny babies that can't handle losing for the first time in their lives.

thaskalos
11-18-2016, 02:59 PM
Read Thask? He's from Greece.

Hey...no one is perfect.

johnhannibalsmith
11-18-2016, 03:32 PM
Hey...no one is perfect.

You were supposed to say "Bullshit! I'm from Greece 2!"

thaskalos
11-18-2016, 05:27 PM
I'm not sure what you are talking about.

I complimented my father's WW2 generation because they showed incredible courage and a willingness to sacrifice in order to pass on a strong, safe, and economically viable nation to my generation.

Yes...but you also called yourself MUCH MORE COURAGEOUS than the millennials out there. You are "AUDIE MURPHY" compared to them...you said.

Yes...your father's generation showed "incredible courage, and the willingness to sacrifice in order to pass on a strong, safe, and economically viable nation to your generation". But...what has YOUR generation done...and what sort of nation is YOUR generation passing on to the generation coming after you?

And what gives YOU the right to criticize?

fast4522
11-18-2016, 05:37 PM
Please... you turn on the news and make fun of select people and use it to cast a swathe among the most ****ed generation in American history.

How astute of you.

Their reasons for being pissed are mixed but the fact they are pissed is completely warranted.

Who is consuming the bulk of drugs coming across our borders?
Who did not put down the reefer get and off the couch and vote?
Do not expect that this President will screw over Millennials just because you might get screwed royally. You have nothing more than being completely wrong in all your post so far plus being but a zit on conservatives asses here.

classhandicapper
11-18-2016, 06:18 PM
Yes...but you also called yourself MUCH MORE COURAGEOUS than the millennials out there. You are "AUDIE MURPHY" compared to them...you said.

I called myself courageous compared to some millennials (which I made clear was not a compliment to me). ;)

I thought some of Obama's policies were borderline treasonous, economically brain dead, idealistically delusional, and one sided.

When he got elected I didn't cry, panic, melt down emotionally, call in sick to work, cancel appointments, go for therapy or to see a counselor, march on the streets, physically attack Obama supporters, destroy private property, riot, throw a tantrum, burn a flag, or call everyone that disagreed with me some horrible name. I didn't even take out my favorite horse racing coloring book. ;)

I was just as upset about him being president as anyone on the left is about Trump. I'm not thrilled about Trump being president either for that matter. I'm sure six months from now I'll be venting about that.

But the mature way to deal with this kind of thing is to work with the president where you can, be a strong opposition where you must, and protest when he actually does something you passionately disagree with. He hasn't done anything yet and half of what he's been accused of by the media is overblown or his inability to express what he means in appropriate terms.

Much of the left (other than Bernie Sanders who is growing in stature for me every day) is basically melting down. Sorry, but I don't see that as a sign of strength or maturity. It's weak.

johnhannibalsmith
11-18-2016, 06:31 PM
Nah, just upped the pledge to leave this crumbling, morally bankrupt country sooner or later up to nine times a week. :lol:

classhandicapper
11-18-2016, 06:42 PM
Nah, just upped the pledge to leave this crumbling, morally bankrupt country sooner or later up to nine times a week. :lol:

Well, my analysis on that hasn't changed and I may still eventually have to do it, but it's a sober analysis of where we are, where we are heading, and my life expectancy. It's not an emotional meltdown because I didn't get my way.

PaceAdvantage
11-19-2016, 02:54 PM
Their reasons for being pissed are mixed but the fact they are pissed is completely warranted.Would you be writing the same thing if the situation were reversed, Clinton won, and Trump supporters were out there protesting?

Or would you be writing "See, we all told you these knuckle-dragging mouth breathers wouldn't accept the results of our democracy...."

EasyGoer89
11-19-2016, 02:56 PM

How astute of you.

It's ok to be mad, nobody is stopping them. It's the forcing their madness on everyone else that many have a problem with. can we move on at some point?

EasyGoer89
11-19-2016, 02:57 PM
Would you be writing the same thing if the situation were reversed, Clinton won, and Trump supporters were out there protesting?

Or would you be writing "See, we all told you these knuckle-dragging mouth breathers wouldn't accept the results of our democracy...."

They would be screaming at anything less that total quiet acceptance of a Hillary regime.

Saratoga_Mike
11-19-2016, 03:14 PM
Would you be writing the same thing if the situation were reversed, Clinton won, and Trump supporters were out there protesting?

I typically agree with ET, but I agree with you on this matter. Spot on.

Tom
11-19-2016, 03:15 PM
Some people have managed to get on with their lives after losing.