PDA

View Full Version : the "Protests" over election results

sammy the sage
11-09-2016, 10:04 PM
I would be willing to bet 5 figures THAT those doing the protesting...over 50% of them...DIDN'T vote.... :faint: :lol: :rolleyes:

Maybe some enterprising so-called "pollster" can do a poll...but how accurate would THAT be... :eek: :rolleyes:

Clocker
11-09-2016, 10:09 PM
Looks like the Occupy Wall Street folks have found a new cause worth coming out of Mom's basement to protest. :p

Greyfox
11-09-2016, 10:44 PM
The Occupy Wall Street and Black Lives Matter groups want to move north to Quebec.
They found out that there is no work there. ;)

baconswitchfarm
11-09-2016, 11:02 PM
Maybe no one ever told them " elections have consequences ":lol:

EasyGoer89
11-09-2016, 11:04 PM
Soros paid protestors according to some on Twitter.

letswastemoney
11-09-2016, 11:08 PM
The election has simply reinforced that people are intolerant of other ideas and beliefs. Trump hasn't even done anything, and people are just making up stuff and blaming him for what will happen already before it happens.

Someone on my Facebook who is currently in Japan believes "his hate will ruin relations with Japan." What hate? Why would he hate Japan? He hasn't even met the leader!

I was ready to accept a Hillary presidency if Trump lost. A lot of people can't do the same when the tables are turned, and act graciously when their candidate loses.

VigorsTheGrey
11-09-2016, 11:23 PM
The frustrations and pace of modern life fill everyone, left, right and center with a generalized anxiety and deep resentment that seeks targets to pour out built up anger towards...women, gays, and persons of color direct their anger toward the white man as being the source of their problems, and the reverse is true for the other side...I'm really so sick of it all, and with everyone scrambling over each other chasing the almighty dollar just to survive and pay an endless stream of bills, taxes, bills, and more and more taxes, insurance, usury, fees, fines, levies, charges, bonds, etc, etc, etc....it is all just a pressure cooker for everybody just waiting to blow...it is only a matter of time now...tick tock....tick tock...tick tock....BOOM!

Clocker
11-10-2016, 12:14 AM
The frustrations and pace of modern life fill everyone, left, right and center with a generalized anxiety and deep resentment.......

Often to the point of being unable to communicate in conventional sentences and paragraphs. :lol:

NJ Stinks
11-10-2016, 12:42 AM
For years I've been saying young people do not care enough to protest anything - that they have it too easy and that's why they don't care. No Vietnam-type protests by these spoiled brats...

Well, they care now and are finally taking to the street. It only took a US election to get moving....

I can't get this so it sets up without a commercial but this protester in Chicago told it like it is. Stick with it because his main point comes high and hard near the end of the tape. (He's right, of course.)

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/11/10/chicago-trump-protest-clinton-supporter-we-need-you-hillary-sue-the-us-sot-ctn.cnn

dav4463
11-10-2016, 12:42 AM
Looks like the Occupy Wall Street folks have found a new cause worth coming out of Mom's basement to protest. :p

Mom's basement! So funny yet so true! :lol:

They just want to be part of a cause and copy the Vietnam protests of the sixties without even knowing what they are protesting!

Clocker
11-10-2016, 01:03 AM
Stick with it because his main point comes high and hard near the end of the tape. (He's right, of course.)

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/11/10/chicago-trump-protest-clinton-supporter-we-need-you-hillary-sue-the-us-sot-ctn.cnn

I can't tell what he is blathering about, but my guess is that he is whining about the Electoral College trumping (sorry!) the popular vote. Another clueless progressive who doesn't comprehend the Constitution.

And another argument based on outcomes. Libs love the process as long as they love the outcome. Don't like the process, work to change it. The Constitution allows that too.

JustRalph
11-10-2016, 01:06 AM
For years I've been saying young people do not care enough to protest anything - that they have it too easy and that's why they don't care. No Vietnam-type protests by these spoiled brats...

Well, they care now and are finally taking to the street. It only took a US election to get moving....

I can't get this so it sets up without a commercial but this protester in Chicago told it like it is. Stick with it because his main point comes high and hard near the end of the tape. (He's right, of course.)

Yeah right. They're being paid......they are tools

NJ Stinks
11-10-2016, 01:13 AM
I can't tell what he is blathering about, but my guess is that he is whining about the Electoral College trumping (sorry!) the popular vote. Another clueless progressive who doesn't comprehend the Constitution.

And another argument based on outcomes. Libs love the process as long as they love the outcome. Don't like the process, work to change it. The Constitution allows that too.

You are so full of it. What this guy said is the truth. The Constitution that you hide behind should have been changed years ago.

And I don't know anybody who likes the process. :rolleyes:

Anyway, even Donny knows the electoral college is pathetic. Read and learn or don't learn.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/09/hillary-clinton-popular-vote-electoral-college-donald-trump

fast4522
11-10-2016, 01:16 AM

Hey JR.

Ever been to Smithfield Ohio, is it really this bad?

http://www.businessinsider.com/ohio-voters-swung-obama-to-trump-2016-11

NJ Stinks
11-10-2016, 01:21 AM

OK, Ralph. You're a straight shooter. Why should a vote cast in Florida be more important than a vote cast in Texas in a national election? Is this the kind of democracy Bush had in mind for the Middle East?

(I won't respond tonight if you respond. I'm playing golf in the morning. :) )

fast4522
11-10-2016, 01:30 AM
Richard Nixon had the popular vote in 1960, so what?

MONEY
11-10-2016, 02:22 AM
OK, Ralph. You're a straight shooter. Why should a vote cast in Florida be more important than a vote cast in Texas in a national election?

This was explained in below thread post #34
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134540&page=3&pp=15

JustRalph
11-10-2016, 02:37 AM

Exactly, thanks to MikeH.

The "Electoral College" was established for several reasons, one of which was: there was no practical method back then to get the ballot count forwarded from a number of, what was then, very remote locations.

However, the Founding Fathers were very aware of the tyranny that leaders in power can exert - the American Revolution had recently been fought over this - and the makeup of the Senate was deliberately done to offset this unfortunate trait that some leaders exhibit.

The number of electors that a state gets for the Electoral College was also designed to do this, although it's much closer to the "one man one vote" philosophy than the Senate is, to give the smaller states a slightly stronger say in the outcome.

Why doesn't the Media explain this, instead of attacking it?

One only has to look at what happened in California when Jerry Brown's "Rose Bird" court threw out this method in the 1970s, claiming it was "unconstitutional," in spite of the fact that that's how the U.S. Constitution set up the Federal government. The rural areas in California have been screwed financially, and their political values ignored, since this occurred.

Amazing how people can forget their history classes when it doesn't fit their agenda...

Here's the Soro's ad for protest members in Seattle

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/npo/5869093530.html

Parkview_Pirate
11-10-2016, 03:40 AM
Since it took the Electoral College to keep Hillary out of the White House, I am....all for the Electoral College.

If "one vote equals one vote" and we want to get rid of the Electoral College, I'd suggest we shouldn't hand out voting ballots like skittles. We'd need to come up with some way to prevent elections from becoming even more bought than they are today, and some check and balance would be needed to ensure the voter is somewhat competent. Say, a positive net taxpayer would be a good start....

Tom
11-10-2016, 07:28 AM
If the spineless babies having fits on campuses across the country are any indication of our future generation, we are in trouble.

What a bunch of worthless babies.
College separates the men from the boys.
The boys go to college.
And turn into little girls.

boxcar
11-10-2016, 07:58 AM
The frustrations and pace of modern life fill everyone, left, right and center with a generalized anxiety and deep resentment that seeks targets to pour out built up anger towards...women, gays, and persons of color direct their anger toward the white man as being the source of their problems, and the reverse is true for the other side...I'm really so sick of it all, and with everyone scrambling over each other chasing the almighty dollar just to survive and pay an endless stream of bills, taxes, bills, and more and more taxes, insurance, usury, fees, fines, levies, charges, bonds, etc, etc, etc....it is all just a pressure cooker for everybody just waiting to blow...it is only a matter of time now...tick tock....tick tock...tick tock....BOOM!

There's a moral to this story, Vig: You can man out of the jungle but you can't take the jungle out of man! Man is just being the animal he is!

boxcar
11-10-2016, 08:04 AM
Exactly, thanks to MikeH.

Here's the Soro's ad for protest members in Seattle

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/npo/5869093530.html

Geesh...what a downright racist ad! They didn't even encourage angry white males to apply for these important career positions that are fast tracks to becoming important and prominent community organzizers! :eek:

rastajenk
11-10-2016, 08:14 AM
Is it an American political tradition for losers to moan about the electoral college every four years? Or just a Democraticalist tradition? One of my peepholes into the outer world known as Facebook is full of short-sighted venom for this esteemed academy.

The sore-loserness on display was entertaining yesterday, today begins the grind. The Dems used the close Bush-Gore vote to de-legitimize the winner for eight years. The same people who hate the obstructionist Republicans for keeping Obama from "doing more" are going to love the obstructionists trying to de-legitimize any Trump accomplishments. The amount of projection going on out there is off-the-charts: wasn't a story line a couple weeks ago whether Trump would "accept" the results of the election or not, and if not, presumably that would have been a bad thing.

Redboard
11-10-2016, 08:20 AM
Colleges make a ton of money off of foreign students. Even our beloved governor here, Christy, during his term, allowed illegals to attend the community colleges. I wonder if Trump knew about that?

boxcar
11-10-2016, 08:25 AM
You are so full of it. What this guy said is the truth. The Constitution that you hide behind should have been changed years ago.

Whoa dude..."hide behind"? I thought the U.S. Constitution was the Law of the Land, no? If none of us can appeal to the Law that protects us, then to what can we appeal? And for your info, the Electoral College aspect to the Law can be changed! All it requires is an amendment to the Constitution. Should be a piece of cake since you say that you "don't know anyone who likes the process".

And one more thing before I let you go: You think in your heart of hearts that the witch won the popular vote, conveniently forgetting that Dems are infamously and notoriously known for cheating at the polls. And also forgetting that this current administration is as lawless as one can get! For example, how many illegal aliens illegally voted in this election? And did you know that the Lawless One in the White House actually encouraged illegals to vote!? You see to the minds of extreme, whacko leftists, they justify illegals voting because they have subjectively redefined in their warped, twisted minds what a citizen is, which allows them to completely ignore the objective law!

http://www.wnd.com/2016/11/obama-encourages-illegal-aliens-to-vote

DSB
11-10-2016, 09:02 AM
Soros paid protestors according to some on Twitter.
First thing I thought when I saw the news.

Talk about somebody who should be investigated....

Tom
11-10-2016, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks

You just had the WH for 8 years and both houses of Congress for several of those years.

What did your guys do to accomplish that goal?

Tom
11-10-2016, 09:22 AM

What are you expecting beyond protesting?
The ELECTION was just held - THAT was the time for theses folks to get off their asses and do something constructive. Like vote.

Don't blame those rural whites for your troubles. Your bitch lost because not enough people voted for her. You guys ALL knew all about the electoral voters and were thumping your chest posting how Trump could never get the numbers he needed. No one was ever mentioning popular vote pathways. How many maps did we have to suffer for you guys to rub the electoral college in our faces?

So what, exactly, is this protest supposed to do, now that the time for ACTION has passed you by?

elysiantraveller
11-10-2016, 09:37 AM

Anyone with a bit of sense can understand the Electoral College is a pretty dumb way to select a President.

I mean its the rules... they both play by them... but its pretty dumb.

Tom
11-10-2016, 09:48 AM
Maybe, maybe not, but it was part of the checks and balances that have served us well for many years.

What is dumb is that those same people put in the methods for us to change and adapt the rules and we fail to use them. We get the rules we choose.

And so far, we have chosen to keep the college.

Like I told Stinky, those protesters should have concentrated on voting instead of whining. Hillary could easily have won.

CincyHorseplayer
11-10-2016, 10:21 AM

:ThmbUp:

Agree with this and other sentiments on here. We all would have had to tolerate the opposite results without acting like morons. You want to protest a war where people you know are dying=absolutely right there with you. Up to now how the vote has counted has been fine. Didn't get your result and think this equates to getting justice in protest? BS.

DSB
11-10-2016, 10:22 AM
Anyone with a bit of sense can understand the Electoral College is a pretty dumb way to select a President.

Actually, it's pretty ingenious.

It's intended to prevent high population areas from selecting the president every four years, while disenfranchising the middle of the country.

I don't want New York and California to decide who will govern. That's what would happen if not for the electoral system.

I'm sure it wouldn't bother you, though....

ElKabong
11-10-2016, 10:31 AM

They care because they're being paid 15-20 an hour, with medical benefits etc. if you don't believe me then check out Ralph's soros link he put up.

Trumps plane is landing as I type. This is happening and that's that. Things are going to change....Obamacare is going away, but the good news for you (_and me and everyone else) it will be better, but will piss off conservatives because in order to do this right it will be a massive gubmint program. Think about his comments about he wouldn't let people die in the streets... There's a lot of tax and spend in trump, and he's not exactly the heartLess ogre your party made him out to be in the past year

Look, the world didn't end, did it? The sun came up, you're on a freezing golf course in a rusted out and decrepit part of the country (jk) and Christmas is just around the corner.... Embrace the change man. Embrace the change

ElKabong
11-10-2016, 10:41 AM
You just had the WH for 8 years and both houses of Congress for several of those years.

What did your guys do to accomplish that goal?

Transfer of power to republicans, that's what.

to be fair, I think America rejected Hillary more than we selected trump. Why we didn't reject Obama, as a nation, I'll never know. He wasn't qualified in any way shape or form. But nobody took to the streets after he was elected.

This so called movement might actually have legs, we'll see. What worries me is the low voter turnout. Expect the dems to arrange for yet another hand picked candidate like Obama. Person of color, or a young white woman. We now know the DNC hand picks their candidate, no democratic process whatsoever. Whoever that is will be someone who can rally their base. They learned their lesson

JustRalph
11-10-2016, 10:46 AM
Now we just beat Trump supporters in the street

http://www.infowars.com/shock-video-black-mob-viciously-beats-white-trump-voter/

It's info wars, so I don't know where the vid comes from?

Clocker
11-10-2016, 10:46 AM

The Electoral College was an integral part of the structure of the country when it was founded. The founders wanted a republic without a strong federal government or a strong executive. It was designed as a protection of states rights and as a check against the tyranny of the majority.

Over the years, the powers of the states have been usurped by the federal government through various means. For the most part this has happened without regard to, or often in violation of, the Constitution. The results have been a bloated, overbearing federal government and a significant decline in states rights and personal rights.

Thankfully, the Electoral College remains as a defense against the progressives who want to turn this country into another European style social democracy. This election shows that it is doing exactly what it was designed to do, prevent a few huge population centers from running roughshod over the rest of the country.

Poor losers who blame the Electoral College should stop their whining and stand up to change what they don't like. If no one likes it, as claimed, it should be easy to change it. I'd rather "hide" behind the Constitution than constantly try to sneak around it like the Democrats have been doing for years.

JustRalph
11-10-2016, 10:50 AM
WWRD

http://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2016/11/10/sit-down-michelle-malkin-shares-footage-of-how-reagan-dealt-with-sniveling-left-wing-punks-video/

Clocker
11-10-2016, 10:52 AM
Why we didn't reject Obama, as a nation, I'll never know. He wasn't qualified in any way shape or form. But nobody took to the streets after he was elected.

Fear of being called racist. Don't like ObamaCare? It's only because you are a racist. Think Obama getting the Nobel Prize is absurd? It's only because you are a racist. Tell a pollster that you don't approve of Obama's job performance? It's only because you are a racist.

delayjf
11-10-2016, 11:02 AM
Fear of being called racist. Don't like ObamaCare? It's only because you are a racist.
Conservatives need to get over the fear of being labelled a racist, just because you don't agree with someone of color.

delayjf
11-10-2016, 11:05 AM
Now we just beat Trump supporters in the street

http://www.infowars.com/shock-video...te-trump-voter/

It's info wars, so I don't know where the vid comes from?

The NRA should use that video in a "Arm Yourself" campaign. :mad:

barahona44
11-10-2016, 11:08 AM
The biggest problem I have with the electoral college is that the candidates focus on a handful of battleground states to the neglect of the 40 or so other states.In some ways that can be a blessing but just as many blacks feel taken for granted by Democrats, some Western and Southern states that are reliably GOP may start getting irritaed

And please let's be real.If Trump lost the Electoral College but won the national vote, there would be similar howls of outrage and calls for change from Trump supporters.After all, we're only human.

davew
11-10-2016, 11:14 AM

The blue areas gave Clinton a total vote advantage - the question many have to ask is did people only vote once for themselves? If you live in one of the urban cages, you probably do not mind making the rules for the rest of the country.

https://nonprofitquarterly.org/wp-content/blogs.dir/56/files/2016/11/2016-election-results.jpg

fast4522
11-10-2016, 11:21 AM

You take away the votes that dead people cast and those who voted more than once she does not get the popular vote. Face it Little Marco was the only one who could beat Crooked Hillary Clinton, NOT. :lol:

Clocker
11-10-2016, 11:24 AM
More good election results: Calexit, a quickly developing movement in California to secede from the union.

http://www.businessinsider.com/california-secession-calexit-2016-11?op=1 (http://www.businessinsider.com/california-secession-calexit-2016-11?op=1)

Tom
11-10-2016, 11:30 AM
They can all feel free to walk off into the ocean.

But the ground belongs to us.

ElKabong
11-10-2016, 11:34 AM
Conservatives need to get over the fear of being labelled a racist, just because you don't agree with someone of color.

Amen brother

Respect others opinions, but stand your ground and be clear on your points.

DSB
11-10-2016, 11:34 AM
More good election results: Calexit, a quickly developing movement in California to secede from the union.

http://www.businessinsider.com/california-secession-calexit-2016-11?op=1 (http://www.businessinsider.com/california-secession-calexit-2016-11?op=1)
Lord, please let this be successful. We can even put it to a national referendum to make it easier for them....

If they succeed, I will personally start an organization... I'll call it CalEntre...

I'll collect money and offer any illegal in NJ a free one-way plane trip to the new republic....

chadk66
11-10-2016, 11:37 AM

http://www.businessinsider.com/california-secession-calexit-2016-11?op=1 (http://www.businessinsider.com/california-secession-calexit-2016-11?op=1)we could never get that lucky. They wouldn't last a month without federal money anyway.

barahona44
11-10-2016, 11:48 AM

So will I need a passport if I want to attend the Breeders Cup?

Clocker
11-10-2016, 11:55 AM
So will I need a passport if I want to attend the Breeders Cup?

The nation of Socialist Democratic California will have open borders, no documents required. :p

You will however need a passport to return to the real world.

delayjf
11-10-2016, 12:13 PM
we could never get that lucky. They wouldn't last a month without federal money anyway.

I would actually like to see this happen, just to watch CA collapse. The state would then have to pick up the tab for all the welfare they dole out. When the state finally collapses due to its inability to cover its debt - they will come running back, begging for the feds to let them back in - and could we also get a loan?

boxcar
11-10-2016, 12:22 PM
And please let's be real.If Trump lost the Electoral College but won the national vote, there would be similar howls of outrage and calls for change from Trump supporters.After all, we're only human.

No, they're wouldn't be because conservatives, generally, understand the rules and the wisdom behind the electoral college. We'd suck it up just like we did for the past 8 years with lawless pinko commie.

Inner Dirt
11-10-2016, 12:38 PM
I would actually like to see this happen, just to watch CA collapse. The state would then have to pick up the tab for all the welfare they dole out. When the state finally collapses due to its inability to cover its debt - they will come running back, begging for the feds to let them back in - and could we also get a loan?

I escaped from California a half dozen years ago I watched that state evolve into a 3rd world country in many parts while at the same time raising taxes and fees. The more you paid the more the place went downhill.

Tor Ekman
11-10-2016, 12:44 PM
Watching the interviews with these protesting airhead idiots was comedy gold . . . one actually said that while she herself was a citizen, she feared that family members might be deported to Guam . . . that's right, Guam, a US territory since 1898, and where residents are citizens of the United States of America

Another 20-something dope said she voted for Hillary because she personally benefited from Hillary's healthcare plan when she was a child . . . you know, the one that never was enacted into law

tucker6
11-10-2016, 01:17 PM
The nation of Socialist Democratic California will have open borders, no documents required. :p

You will however need ruby slippers to return to the real world.
fyp

chadk66
11-10-2016, 03:30 PM
Watching the interviews with these protesting airhead idiots was comedy gold . . . one actually said that while she herself was a citizen, she feared that family members might be deported to Guam . . . that's right, Guam, a US territory since 1898, and where residents are citizens of the United States of America

Another 20-something dope said she voted for Hillary because she personally benefited from Hillary's healthcare plan when she was a child . . . you know, the one that never was enacted into lawclassic. that is the true definition of libtard.

delayjf
11-10-2016, 04:42 PM
I escaped from California a half dozen years ago I watched that state evolve into a 3rd world country in many parts while at the same time raising taxes and fees. The more you paid the more the place went downhill.

On my way out as well, we recently had to move and saw our rent go from 1400 a month to 2100 a month. My wife is in KC living with my parents while she looks for work. Once she is employed, I will follow her. We can buy a house for @ 150k in the KC / Omaha area. Which would be about 1/2 the rent of a 2 bedroom apartment. We've had enough.

Clocker
11-10-2016, 05:18 PM
to be fair, I think America rejected Hillary more than we selected trump.

The popular vote does tell part of the story. If you compare the vote totals for this year and 2008, you see that Trump got roughly the same number of votes as John McCain. Hillary got about 10 million fewer votes than Obama did that year.

If Hillary lost because of sexism, Trump should have pick up a lot of those 10 million votes. He didn't. A lot of those votes were probably Bernie supporters rejecting the Democratic party, but a lot were also rejecting Hillary and the Clinton mafia because she is corrupt and a liar and unlikeable.

NJ Stinks
11-10-2016, 05:33 PM
Look, the world didn't end, did it? The sun came up, you're on a freezing golf course in a rusted out and decrepit part of the country (jk) and Christmas is just around the corner.... Embrace the change man. Embrace the change

Yea, just a beautiful day here in New Jersey to play a round of golf....But before I embrace the change as you suggest, I want to say this because I mean it sincerely:

1. Don't try to feed us (not you specifically, Elkabong) the idea that Trump and the GOP just got a mandate. It's total bullshit. Nobody gets a mandate when they won with less votes. Period. And that includes the total number of votes cast nationally on House candidates. Winning without the most votes sounds like something Putin might brag about and even he would be laughing when he said it.

2. Don't tell me all we have to do is change the law if the country doesn't want the Electoral College. Why would any state that has more power than it would ever dream of deserving in Washington ever vote to give it back if it didn't have too?

3. Don't mistake my reason for accentuating the joke that is the Electoral College. Clinton lost because votes in Ohio, Florida, and Pennsylvania are more important than votes cast in California, New York, and Texas. That's pathetic and even more pathetic are GOP'ers who brag that Trump and the Republicans just got a MANDATE from the people. It's complete bullshit. :ThmbDown:

ElKabong
11-10-2016, 06:23 PM
Yea, just a beautiful day here in New Jersey to play a round of golf....But before I embrace the change as you suggest, I want to say this because I mean it sincerely:

1. Don't try to feed us (not you specifically, Elkabong) the idea that Trump and the GOP just got a mandate. It's total bullshit. Nobody gets a mandate when they won with less votes. Period. And that includes the total number of votes cast nationally on House candidates. Winning without the most votes sounds like something Putin might brag about and even he would be laughing when he said it.

2. Don't tell me all we have to do is change the law if the country doesn't want the Electoral College. Why would any state that has more power than it would ever dream of deserving in Washington ever vote to give it back if it didn't have too?

3. Don't mistake my reason for accentuating the joke that is the Electoral College. Clinton lost because votes in Ohio, Florida, and Pennsylvania are more important than votes cast in California, New York, and Texas. That's pathetic and even more pathetic are GOP'ers who brag that Trump and the Republicans just got a MANDATE from the people. It's complete bullshit. :ThmbDown:

Thank you for the response, no vitriol or unrestrained anger

I'll have more class than the outgoing president and not say "elections have consequences and we won" :)

While I mostly agree there's no mandate, Hillary was rejected. Probably in the same manner McCain was rejected. Both followed presidents in their party that
left office with the economy in dire straits ( not that Bush and Obama were solely responsible for the economy)

I favor the electoral college for reasons already described in this thread. Nothing wrong with a difference of opinion, but is law and it applies to all.

Clocker
11-10-2016, 06:46 PM
While I mostly agree there's no mandate, Hillary was rejected. Probably in the same manner McCain was rejected. Both followed presidents in their party that
left office with the economy in dire straits ( not that Bush and Obama were solely responsible for the economy)

I favor the electoral college for reasons already described in this thread. Nothing wrong with a difference of opinion, but is law and it applies to all.

There is no mandate. Trump is a symptom of what happened, not the cause. The election was about the direction of the country, and the "leadership", or lack thereof, was rejected. Hillary said that she could provide the leadership and she was deemed not credible and rejected. Trump won by default. The voters decided that this time it was better the devil that you don't know than the devil you know.

The argument against the electoral college is always based on what is "fair". "Fair" is an opinion; it is subjective, not objective. The system was designed to address certain problems that the founders thought could not be addressed by a pure democracy. Some think that those problems still exist and that the electoral college is fairer than a strict popular vote. But the reality is that's the way it is, and it isn't going to be changed any time soon. And some people think it is fair and others don't.

boxcar
11-10-2016, 07:07 PM

So...I guess there would be quite a few people out there in favor of the present setup even though you personally don't know any.

Elliott Sidewater
11-10-2016, 07:54 PM
Hey JR.

Hey Fast, I agree: Smithfield must really be screwed up if North St. runs east and west. Is this what Main St. America is? Looks like the day after the zombie apocalypse.

ReplayRandall
11-10-2016, 07:59 PM
There is no mandate. Trump is a symptom of what happened, not the cause. The election was about the direction of the country, and the "leadership", or lack thereof, was rejected. Hillary said that she could provide the leadership and she was deemed not credible and rejected. Trump won by default. The voters decided that this time it was better the devil that you don't know than the devil you know.

When Hillary went into "prevent defense", trying to run out the clock to election day, she never saw the blindside hit given by Comey......Game over.

JustRalph
11-10-2016, 08:15 PM
Hey JR.

I used to ride my motorcycle right by that town. Right on the WV border. I have some family nearby. I owned a home until recently about an hour or less west of there.

I can tell you, there's a hundred others just like it all over Ohio. John Kasich likes to brag how he turned Ohio around. He's full of it. Fracking has done much good, but it leaves out many good people. There are lots of people passed over. My brother still lives near Columbus. He's got a good job. But he's lucky.

Unless you live near one of the big three cities .......you live in Smithfield

RunForTheRoses
11-10-2016, 08:17 PM
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2016/11/08/trump-advisor-roger-stone-tweets-racist-image-black-rioters-hillary-supporters/214401

dartman51
11-10-2016, 08:38 PM

If that didn't work, try this.

Clocker
11-10-2016, 10:05 PM
Comey is a Clinton scapegoat. He might have reminded a few people of the corruption, but no way he swung the election like Hillary and Podesta and minions are whining about.

The media likes to talk about undercover Trump supporters who skewed the poll projections, but I think that there were a lot of undercover Hillary defectors hoping against hope that she could establish some last minute credibility. They finally bailed out before the crash.

Mission Unaccomplished. :p

Clocker
11-10-2016, 10:06 PM

Reality is a bitch when you are coming down off of a Kool Aid bender. :cool:

JustRalph
11-11-2016, 12:38 AM
Gov. Abbott has had enough......

Austin students going to jail

https://twitter.com/KVUE/status/796920467756118017/video/1

Richie
11-11-2016, 05:44 AM
she won the popular vote by what 150k

and she won California by 2,000,000

that's why we have the electoral map

tucker6
11-11-2016, 06:39 AM

You have a complete lack of knowledge of why the electoral college exists. Simply put, it was to reduce the ability of the larger more populous states from overwhelming the vote and electing the president every time. It then becomes the tyranny of the few choosing a president to do their bidding. By giving each state the same amount of senators, it dampens the ability of one party to stack the deck.

I don't recall you railing against the EC last week when you thought Hillary was going to win with 350 EC votes. So save the hang wringing.

GaryG
11-11-2016, 07:25 AM
she won the popular vote by what 150k

and she won California by 2,000,000

that's why we have the electoral mapIf CA would do us a favor and secede as they have discussed we in the real world would be better off. Unfortunately, that is just as much bullshit as the "celebrities" that would move to Canada or elsewhere if Trump won. Sharpton already said he decided to stay because he is "needed here". For what I can't imagine.

Tom
11-11-2016, 07:38 AM
Protest at noon today on U of R campus, just down the road from me.
Think I'll drop and throw a few eggs. Maybe moon them. :D

rastajenk
11-11-2016, 08:07 AM
Sharpton already said he decided to stay because he is "needed here". For what I can't imagine.Opportunities to exploit, man, many more opportunities for his brand.

And more generally, it will probably be a good thing for many of these hustlers to be on the side of the opposition; it's always seemed easier, to me, to be on the outside criticizing versus supporting the insiders, and it's a non-partisan observation. Limbaugh, Jon Stewart, Bernie Sanders, and all the self-proclaimed voices of the oppressed can gather bigger flocks or higher ratings on the attack, not on defense. Oh yes, there are plenty of reasons why Sharpton is needed here. :rolleyes:

Even Obama himself can remain more "relevant," to borrow a common usage from my millennial son, with a Trump win than a Clinton win. He can now still organize his communities; with Clinton at the top of party, he wouldn't really have much of a role, and he's too self-obsessed to retire to the sidelines.

Redboard
11-11-2016, 08:55 AM
If CA would do us a favor and secede as they have discussed we in the real world would be better off. Unfortunately, that is just as much bullshit as the "celebrities" that would move to Canada or elsewhere if Trump won. Sharpton already said he decided to stay because he is "needed here". For what I can't imagine.

I could see this happening: The federal government pass a constitutional amendment declaring marriage to be a union between a man and a woman. California balks and continues to issue wedding licenses to anybody. The federal justice department goes after them the same way they went after North Carolina for their LGBT laws(under Obama). California loses and has to choose between receiving their federal subsidies. Get your popcorn ready!

chadk66
11-11-2016, 09:10 AM
I think just cutting the federal funding to California's sanctuary cities is going to bring them to their knees.

boxcar
11-11-2016, 09:24 AM

And unfortunately, I live in one of the blue areas!

My wife played a gig at a school yesterday. She couldn't help noticing all the glum, downcast, sour-pussed faces in the orchestra.

RunForTheRoses
11-11-2016, 09:26 AM
Calls to assassinate Trump

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3924052/Twitter-erupts-calls-Donald-Trump-assassinated-elected-president-United-States.html

Tom
11-11-2016, 09:52 AM
I hope Greg gets blown to bits by a terrorist bomb.
No doubt planted by Kai.

Two worthless lives.

PaceAdvantage
11-11-2016, 09:59 AM
Maybe, maybe not, but it was part of the checks and balances that have served us well for many years.

What is dumb is that those same people put in the methods for us to change and adapt the rules and we fail to use them. We get the rules we choose.

And so far, we have chosen to keep the college.

Like I told Stinky, those protesters should have concentrated on voting instead of whining. Hillary could easily have won.Yes, but people like Elysian kept telling them Hillary was a lock...no way Trump could ever possibly win...that made it easy for them to stay on the couch texting instead of getting up to vote.

Thanks Elysian and everyone else like you!

PaceAdvantage
11-11-2016, 10:17 AM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3924052/Twitter-erupts-calls-Donald-Trump-assassinated-elected-president-United-States.htmlNo surprise there

delayjf
11-11-2016, 10:41 AM
Trump should tweet the following:

"Any Illegals Immigrants arrested for rioting will be deported forthwith."

Clocker
11-11-2016, 10:55 AM
I could see this happening: The federal government pass a constitutional amendment declaring marriage to be a union between a man and a woman. California balks and continues to issue wedding licenses to anybody. The federal justice department goes after them the same way they went after North Carolina for their LGBT laws(under Obama). California loses and has to choose between receiving their federal subsidies. Get your popcorn ready!

The federal government cannot unilaterally pass a constitutional amendment. An amendment has to be passed by a two-thirds majority vote in the House and the Senate, and then it has to be ratified by the state legislatures of three-fourths of the states.

Just as a practical matter, it is highly unlikely that two-thirds of either house could agree on what time it is, let alone on an amendment.

EMD4ME
11-11-2016, 10:55 AM
Trump should tweet the following:

"Any Illegals Immigrants arrested for rioting will be deported forthwith."

EXCELLENT IDEA

delayjf
11-11-2016, 10:59 AM
Trump mentioned the use of "Professional Protesters" in the riots now taking place. If the FBI can link these "Professional Protesters" to funding from George Soros, he should be arrested and tried for sedition.

DSB
11-11-2016, 11:08 AM
Trump mentioned the use of "Professional Protesters" in the riots now taking place. If the FBI can link these "Professional Protesters" to funding from George Soros, he should be arrested and tried for sedition.
There should be a congressional investigation into the impetus behind these riots. Soros should be thoroughly investigated and hopefully exposed as the bank roller for these disgraceful activities.

Bring justice to this leftist scum... finally.

NJ Stinks
11-11-2016, 11:19 AM
You have a complete lack of knowledge of why the electoral college exists. Simply put, it was to reduce the ability of the larger more populous states from overwhelming the vote and electing the president every time. It then becomes the tyranny of the few choosing a president to do their bidding. By giving each state the same amount of senators, it dampens the ability of one party to stack the deck.

I don't recall you railing against the EC last week when you thought Hillary was going to win with 350 EC votes. So save the hang wringing.

In October 2012 Ralph posted this:

If not for the electoral college

Chicago, Ny, and California would be the only places to campaign

The ability to corrupt the process would be concentrated in so many small areas, a huge pile of people would be disenfranchised

I responded to Ralph with this post in 2012:

Why? Both candidates are going to need every vote they can get. For instance, if Romney wants to win he is going to need every vote he can get across the country. If he can't secure enough votes in the big cities to win, he needs to campaign where he can get votes. Nothing fairer than that.

Why would anybody be disenfranchised if every vote had equal weight? If anything, everybody's vote would become much more significant.

I'm not buying the two senators to each state either and I haven't thought that was fair or democratic in the last 30 years.

I repeat this so nobody misunderstands me:

The Electoral College system is garbage. So is North Dakota being given two votes in the Senate. People here often wonder why so many Americans aren't shouting to the hilltops about how great our country is - why so many Americans seem to find faults with the USA rather than virtues. Well, I say this election process is a perfect example of why people don't think our country is so wonderful. Ponder these facts for a minute:

1. The Democratic Party fixed it's primaries to nominate Hillary.
2. The Republican Party failed to win a national election but can proclaim they just did.
3. They call NJ for Dems every 4 years at 8:00pm (when the polls close in NJ). Then NJ is forgotten while the commentators spend the rest of the night talking about those 4 critical Electoral votes in New Hampshire that are still up for grabs! :jump:

Pathetic.

Here's the link to the posts from 2012 quoted above:
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1350745&highlight=Electoral+College#post1350745

DSB
11-11-2016, 11:30 AM
In October 2012 Ralph posted this:

I responded to Ralph with this post in 2012:

I'm not buying the two senators to each state either and I haven't thought that was fair or democratic in the last 30 years.

I repeat this so nobody misunderstands me:

The Electoral College system is garbage. So is North Dakota being given two votes in the Senate. People here often wonder why so many Americans aren't shouting to the hilltops about how great our country is - why so many Americans seem to find faults with the USA rather than virtues. Well, I say this election process is a perfect example of why people don't think our country is so wonderful. Ponder these facts for a minute:

1. The Democratic Party fixed it's primaries to nominate Hillary.
2. The Republican Party failed to win a national election but can proclaim they just did.
3. They call NJ for Dems every 4 years at 8:00pm (when the polls close in NJ). Then NJ is forgotten while the commentators spend the rest of the night talking about those 4 critical Electoral votes in New Hampshire that are still up for grabs! :jump:

Pathetic.

Here's the link to the posts from 2012 quoted above:
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1350745&highlight=Electoral+College#post1350745
1. Correct
2. What?
3. NJ has rendered itself irrelevant through its demographics. Liberals who live in NJ and work in NY plus union members and minorities who do what they're told and voila! instant irrelevance.

My vote in a national election is rendered irrelevant because of the above. But I go anyway and fight the good fight like a patriot should.

If not for the electoral college and the makeup of congress, people like me would never have a say.

And people like you would just love that.

PaceAdvantage
11-11-2016, 11:30 AM
NJStinks -> What's really pathetic is that Hillary Clinton couldn't beat Donald Trump, and all you're left with is your railings against the supposed deficiencies in the Electoral College system...

Tom
11-11-2016, 11:31 AM
Just look at the list of loser this miserable system has allowed into the Oval Office:

Abe Lincoln
JFK
FDR

Can you imagine the mess any of those loose cannons would have made if they ever had to face a war or internal crisis?

Wow! :eek:

btw way, living in The People's Republic of New Yawk, my vote seldom counts for anything. So I do agree the system needs to be changed to at least apportion the electoral votes. But I can't see how blocking the streets and interfering with other people trying to go about their business will fix that.

ReplayRandall
11-11-2016, 11:32 AM

Nationally, the GOP controls the Senate, the House, POTUS and the 33 of the Governorships. If that isn't winning a national election......whatever.

NJ Stinks
11-11-2016, 11:43 AM
1. Correct
2. What?
3. NJ has rendered itself irrelevant through its demographics. Liberals who live in NJ and work in NY plus union members and minorities who do what they're told and voila! instant irrelevance.

My vote in a national election is rendered irrelevant because of the above. But I go anyway and fight the good fight like a patriot should.

If not for the electoral college and the makeup of congress, people like me would never have a say.

And people like you would just love that.

Where are you from? And wouldn't your vote count just like mine in a national election? Why would your vote mean less than mine?

NJ Stinks
11-11-2016, 11:45 AM
NJStinks -> What's really pathetic is that Hillary Clinton couldn't beat Donald Trump, and all you're left with is your railings against the supposed deficiencies in the Electoral College system...

I didn't vote for Hillary. I didn't want to look at or listen to Hillary for the next four years.

PaceAdvantage
11-11-2016, 11:47 AM
I didn't vote for Hillary. I didn't want to look at or listen to Hillary for the next four years.Then what is there to complain about...the system worked!

NJ Stinks
11-11-2016, 11:48 AM
Just look at the list of loser this miserable system has allowed into the Oval Office:

Abe Lincoln
JFK
FDR

Can you imagine the mess any of those loose cannons would have made if they ever had to face a war or internal crisis?

Wow! :eek:

btw way, living in The People's Republic of New Yawk, my vote seldom counts for anything. So I do agree the system needs to be changed to at least apportion the electoral votes. But I can't see how blocking the streets and interfering with other people trying to go about their business will fix that.

I'm not for blocking the streets either. But I am happy to see young people engaged in whats going on for a change.

NJ Stinks
11-11-2016, 11:50 AM
Nationally, the GOP controls the Senate, the House, POTUS and the 33 of the Governorships. If that isn't winning a national election......whatever.

I often wonder why Republicans don't perpetually control the Senate.

PaceAdvantage
11-11-2016, 11:50 AM
I'm not for blocking the streets either. But I am happy to see young people engaged in whats going on for a change.They're not protesting the EC system. They're protesting that Trump won. If Trump had won the popular vote but lost the EC (a much more LIKELY scenario), you wouldn't be hearing peep #1 from these people.

Steve 'StatMan'
11-11-2016, 11:52 AM

Russia already wants George Soros Dead or Alive.

Tom
11-11-2016, 11:55 AM
But I am happy to see young people engaged in whats going on for a change.

You really thing any them have a clue what is going on?
Seriously?

I see STUPID people.
Worthless people.

People that need to get smacked upside the head a few times.
People that are never going to amount to anything other than CNN contributors.

Clocker
11-11-2016, 11:55 AM
So I do agree the system needs to be changed to at least apportion the electoral votes.

That is up to each state to decide. All of the states except Nebraska and Maine have opted for a winner take all system. It can be change by any state.

Tom
11-11-2016, 11:56 AM

Do they want fries with that?

Tom
11-11-2016, 12:02 PM
That is up to each state to decide. All of the states except Nebraska and Maine have opted for a winner take all system. It can be change by any state.

I'm not holding my breath in NY.

JustRalph
11-11-2016, 12:05 PM
A different time

reckless
11-11-2016, 12:17 PM
I often wonder why Republicans don't perpetually control the Senate.

Easy to answer this one, Stinks...

because many Republican senators are wusses and are not conservative. In time, their liberal spots start to show.

In New Hampshire, RINO idiot Kelly Ayyotte won her seat 6 years ago because she ran as a Tea Party conservative. Within weeks of her inaugural, she sided with nitwit liberals John McCain and Lindsay Graham, so conservatives knew early she had no class or brains .... then she denounced Donald Trump during this election and guess what? Trump won in NH, GOP governor, Sununu won, and Kelly lost! And now she has no job.

In Illiniois, resident GOP idiot Mark Kirk voted w/the Democrats in almost all the times a vote came up in the past 6 years.... also virulently denounced Trump, and guess what? Lost to a newcomer! Bye bye RINO clown.

Joe Heck in Nevada did the same and lost! He thought it would help him to totally ignore Trump, and learned a lesson. Be a dope, end a career before it starts. :lol:

When the public has a choice between a RINO and a left wing Democrat, the RINO almost always loses!

And in two years people will remember what GOP congressmen and senators fought President Trump. Mark my words.

Tom
11-11-2016, 12:21 PM
Best amendment to the constitution would be to outlaw political parties altogether. No good ever comes from them.

And lobbyists. Death penalty for lobbying.
Stone them in the streets.

MONEY
11-11-2016, 12:27 PM
Best amendment to the constitution would be to outlaw political parties altogether. No good ever comes from them.

And lobbyists. Death penalty for lobbying.
Stone them in the streets.
Now you're sounding like an ISIS terrorist.

Tom
11-11-2016, 12:39 PM
Lobbyists buy our government.
What crime more deserving than that for the death penalty?

Political parties sell it to them.

woodtoo
11-11-2016, 01:18 PM
The fresh prince of Bill Ayers should call in his thugs, suck it up Ozero your legacy demands it.

Valuist
11-11-2016, 03:03 PM

Hopefully, he doesn't have much time left.

Redboard
11-11-2016, 04:55 PM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3924052/Twitter-erupts-calls-Donald-Trump-assassinated-elected-president-United-States.html

If Obama were assassinated the media would make him out to be some kind of martyr like Martin Luther King. ..... “Nothing’s changed. ..the U.S. is a racists country…yada yada yada…” If Trump were killed they’d say he deserved it and was a serial liar, rampant xenophobe, white racist and misogynist among other adjectives.
I don’t think the congress would care either. They’d much rather work with Mike Pence.

Redboard
11-11-2016, 04:59 PM
Found this on twitter.

Tom
11-11-2016, 11:15 PM
Where is that garbage strike going on?

davew
11-12-2016, 04:02 AM
'the ultimate delusional smucks' - a couple weeks before election

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlZdTK4wwjY

Track Collector
11-12-2016, 11:28 AM
For some folks, becoming a protestor is a lazy and convenient way of avoiding adulthood and personal responsibility.

(On the other hand, participating in riots is the liberal version of the NFL Play60 theme (for kids) to get folks some physical activity and away from those computer video games.). :rolleyes:

GaryG
11-12-2016, 03:40 PM
Karl Marx envisioned the revolution to be fueled by the increased misery of the proletariat. I know there are Marxists among the "protestors" because they spray painted "Capitalism Kills" on a Portland store. However, in this case the proletariat was solidly behind Trump. The agitators are just the opposite, those who want money for nothing and, presumably, chicks for free. Throw into the mix the Hollywood loonies and Bernie's baristas coming out of their parents' basement.

DSB
11-12-2016, 04:29 PM
The Democratic Party has devolved into a Marxist movement. They didn't retain power legally so now they will try to wrest it illegally.

What you see in the streets is the Marxist-Leninist wing of the party.

Violence is a perfectly acceptable tactic to them.

Tom
11-12-2016, 05:24 PM
The voting age should be raised to..........50.
You have to be off pablum at least 30 years before you can vote.
And if your diaper needs changing at the polls, you can't have a ballot.

Go to college - someone there will change your diaper for you.
Stay away from the polls.

EasyGoer89
11-12-2016, 05:35 PM
The voting age should be raised to..........50.
You have to be off pablum at least 30 years before you can vote.
And if your diaper needs changing at the polls, you can't have a ballot.

Go to college - someone there will change your diaper for you.
Stay away from the polls.

How about you have to trade in your vote to accept 'free stuff' from the govt. they're running big Ponzi scheme on hard working Americans tax dollars, trading in our tax dollars for votes

davew
11-12-2016, 07:34 PM
Al Sharpton is going to lead a march on the Capital a couple days before inauguration - I hope it is snowing and cold....

http://observer.com/2016/11/al-sharpton-promises-donald-trump-a-fight-for-the-future-of-this-country/

fast4522
11-12-2016, 07:38 PM
Al Sharpton is going to lead a march on the Capital a couple days before inauguration - I hope it is snowing and cold....

http://observer.com/2016/11/al-sharpton-promises-donald-trump-a-fight-for-the-future-of-this-country/

Why did you even mention that loser. :bang:

Tom
11-12-2016, 09:33 PM

And the pigeons have been well fed for a few days before.
Al..the most worthless of the worthless. Like a maggot feeding off road kill, you can count on this smelly little bug to show up. I hope a garbage truck loses control on the ice......how fitting that would be.

LottaKash
11-12-2016, 10:09 PM

I thought he "WAS LEAVING".... :D

JustRalph
11-13-2016, 05:32 AM
Hmmm.....

GaryG
11-13-2016, 07:57 AM
Well, we all know where the $$ is coming from. Eventually the local police or National Guard will reclaim the streets. The inevitable result will be an attack on the police followed by dead protestors.

depalma113
11-13-2016, 08:24 AM
When all of these clowns scream they want democracy and that the electoral college is outdated.

Remind them that the majority of Californians voted to outlaw gay marriage.

depalma113
11-13-2016, 08:28 AM
Where are you from? And wouldn't your vote count just like mine in a national election? Why would your vote mean less than mine?

You don't have any right to vote for the President, so really, your vote doesn't mean anything.

Inner Dirt
11-13-2016, 08:55 AM
When all of these clowns scream they want democracy and that the electoral college is outdated.

Remind them that the majority of Californians voted to outlaw gay marriage.

Valid point. Liberals preach tolerance as long as you agree with them.

Greyfox
11-13-2016, 09:01 AM
Hmmm.....

That is sedition.
The people behind that scheme should be thrown in jail.

woodtoo
11-13-2016, 10:30 AM
That is sedition.
Don't worry the Press will be all over this today. :rolleyes:

Tom
11-14-2016, 12:09 PM
It's time for cops to start beating some of these little pukes into the ground.

Parkview_Pirate
11-14-2016, 12:34 PM
That is sedition.

Based on the track record of the members of the Executive Branch currently in power, the people behind that scheme will continue to be funded, praised in the media, and invited to the White House for a night in the Lincoln bedroom.

But you're right - they should be tossed in jail for sedition.

GaryG
11-14-2016, 04:52 PM
In one scene there was a "Love Trumps Hate" sign next to a "Rape Melania" sign. That just about sums it up. These are the same ones that called for GWB to be tortured, killed or both. F***ing hypocrites.

boxcar
11-14-2016, 05:21 PM
The silence of Obama and Clinton says it all. Their silence amounts to tacit encouragement to riot and break the law!

rastajenk
11-14-2016, 06:53 PM
Fundamentally transformed.

green80
11-14-2016, 07:17 PM
Hmmm.....

See, Trump is already creating jobs, paid protesters.

JustRalph
11-14-2016, 11:04 PM
If your ass is burnt over the election......... listen up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8op1VGu-nvY

8op1VGu-nvY

TJDave
11-14-2016, 11:35 PM
If your ass is burnt over the election......... listen up

Webb was a drunk and wife beater.

Clocker
11-15-2016, 12:24 AM

Webb was an actor and Joe Friday was a TV character reciting made-up dialogue. Is there something about the distinction you don't understand? :p

JustRalph
11-15-2016, 12:46 AM

Jesus Dave..........

Here's a call to violence by a noted Lefty. Going around Facebook and twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/WDFx2EU8/status/798253764545122304

ElKabong
11-15-2016, 12:50 AM
Jesus Dave..........

Here's a call to violence by a noted Lefty. Going around Facebook and twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/WDFx2EU8/status/798253764545122304

I thought bible thumping gun toters were America's number one threat? Maybe he's joined the Pentecostals or something.... Some of them look like Travis the cab driver....

TJDave
11-15-2016, 12:54 AM
Webb was an actor and Joe Friday was a TV character reciting made-up dialogue. Is there something about the distinction you don't understand? :p

No.

JustRalph
11-15-2016, 12:59 AM
I thought bible thumping gun toters were America's number one threat? Maybe he's joined the Pentecostals or something.... Some of them look like Travis the cab driver....

I'm not sure, but he is dangerously close to committing a crime.......but the fact he's doing it online is the part that may give him an out.......

ElKabong
11-15-2016, 01:13 AM
I'm not sure, but he is dangerously close to committing a crime.......but the fact he's doing it online is the part that may give him an out.......

Wheeling my ass back to being serious for a moment, I hope Rudy G starts prosecution of these nut jobs shortly after putting on his AG badge. Anyone calling for violence needs to be followed very closely by the FBI, if not jailed. There are some unhinged people running around right now

EasyGoer89
11-15-2016, 01:21 AM
They need to tell people to stay far away from the inauguration, and barricade the streets so they can't get within a mile of that place, the winners and the smart people would love to enjoy the fruits of all our hard work getting him elected, we don't need to have crybabies and morons raining on the parade.

Tom
11-15-2016, 07:42 AM
....we don't need to have crybabies and morons raining on the parade.

I think we have to let Obama attend. He is still POTUS until Trump takes the oath.

chadk66
11-15-2016, 09:45 AM
Wheeling my ass back to being serious for a moment, I hope Rudy G starts prosecution of these nut jobs shortly after putting on his AG badge. Anyone calling for violence needs to be followed very closely by the FBI, if not jailed. There are some unhinged people running around right nowdoesn't sound like Rudy for AG. Trey is the likely one and that would be off the charts awesome.

woodtoo
11-15-2016, 11:34 AM
Anyone is off the charts compared to Loretta Lynchpin.

Inner Dirt
11-15-2016, 01:21 PM
Anyone is off the charts compared to Loretta Lynchpin.

She is the one I want to see gone the most, next to Obama of course.

EasyGoer89
11-15-2016, 02:36 PM
Possibly these 'protests' aren't about Trump 2016 they're getting a leg up on the 2020 smear campaign. It's going to be 4 solid years of anti trump sentiment from these people. Hopefully they run Kaine in 2020.

davew
11-15-2016, 03:08 PM
Possibly these 'protests' aren't about Trump 2016 they're getting a leg up on the 2020 smear campaign. It's going to be 4 solid years of anti trump sentiment from these people. Hopefully they run Kaine in 2020.

Trump will have them jailed once they block the streets.

FantasticDan
11-15-2016, 03:12 PM
Possibly these 'protests' aren't about Trump 2016 they're getting a leg up on the 2020 smear campaign.Actually the protests are about Trump 2012.. you know.. when Trump called for protestors to march on Washington and "stop this travesty" when Obama beat Romney.. :lol:

http://www.theverge.com/2016/11/11/13596932/trump-protestors-electoral-college-tweets

woodtoo
11-15-2016, 04:13 PM
Actually the protests are about Trump 2012.. you know.. when Trump called for protestors to march on Washington and "stop this travesty" when Obama beat Romney.. :lol:

http://www.theverge.com/2016/11/11/13596932/trump-protestors-electoral-college-tweets
DistractingDan #harryreid

Tom
11-15-2016, 10:02 PM
Protesting is an American right.
Of course what Trump called for is not the crap going on with the lefty losers - blocking streets, interfering with other people's rights, burning American flags....

If I went out and burnt a rainbow flag, you can bet I would called a bully, a hataer, 1/2-Assed Little Mario would probably denounce me.

davew
11-16-2016, 02:51 AM
over 70% of the rioters (protestors) arrested in Portland the last couple days, did not vote in Oregon in recent election.

sammy the sage
11-16-2016, 06:27 AM
over 70% of the rioters (protestors) arrested in Portland the last couple days, did not vote in Oregon in recent election.

:lol: :D

idiots :eek:

DSB
11-16-2016, 06:49 AM
When Soros advertised for rioters, was that one of his requirements? That you couldn't have voted?

Clocker
11-16-2016, 10:10 AM
Lib Logic at its finest: black protesters at the U. of Michigan say that Trump is a product of white supremacy. They say that the solution for the problem of racism is segregation. Therefore the University must provide a separate, segregated safe space for blacks. And because the police union endorsed Trump, the campus police are therefore racist and a threat, and the University must protect blacks and their safe space from the campus police.

http://thefederalist.com/2016/11/16/university-michigan-protesters-demand-separate-equal-safe-space-black-students/ (http://thefederalist.com/2016/11/16/university-michigan-protesters-demand-separate-equal-safe-space-black-students/)

Tom
11-16-2016, 10:26 AM
The back of the bus looks pretty safe to me.
Have at it.

Idiots.:lol:
Are we really wasting college educations on people this stupid???

OntheRail
11-16-2016, 10:26 AM
Lib Logic at its finest: black protesters at the U. of Michigan say that Trump is a product of white supremacy. They say that the solution for the problem of racism is segregation. Therefore the University must provide a separate, segregated safe space for blacks. And because the police union endorsed Trump, the campus police are therefore racist and a threat, and the University must protect blacks and their safe space from the campus police.

http://thefederalist.com/2016/11/16/university-michigan-protesters-demand-separate-equal-safe-space-black-students/ (http://thefederalist.com/2016/11/16/university-michigan-protesters-demand-separate-equal-safe-space-black-students/)
Imagine if white Christians requested this... the outrage would be huge. How racist of them... next thing they'll do is hide their identity with some sort of frock and hood. Dr. King must be spinning in his grave.

Clocker
11-16-2016, 10:57 AM
Dr. King must be spinning in his grave.

King and others fought for decades to make that kind of separatism illegal. Perhaps the black students at Michigan should take a course in modern history (or even black history :eek: ) and learn about their heritage.

Tom
11-16-2016, 11:06 AM
Dr. King fought real racism, not the boogy man like these pea brained babies.
Must be they don't teach much reality on that campus.

Inner Dirt
11-16-2016, 11:20 AM

It blows my mind when morons like Colin Kaepernick disrespect the flag and liberals compare him to Dr. King who gave his life fighting racism.

Clocker
11-16-2016, 11:34 AM

It was the Michigan law school that announced that the traumatized snowflake law students would be given Play Doh and coloring books to help them cope with the reality of Trump's election. The event was cancelled after much ridicule on social media.

delayjf
11-16-2016, 12:12 PM
Imagine if white Christians requested this... the outrage would be huge.

Christians should do exactly that

elysiantraveller
11-16-2016, 03:15 PM

I hate these graphs because they misrepresent data.

All that graph says is half the US population lives in those counties. It has absolutely ZERO relevance to US elections.

NJ Stinks
11-17-2016, 12:16 PM
In this thread Ralph posts a screenshot of an ad in Craigslist verifying that these protestors are being paid to protest. (see post #124) Then, GaryG profoundly tells us we all know where the dollars are coming from in post #125. Greyfox solemnly proclaims it's "sedition" in post #129 and Woodtoo sneers that main stream media won't cover this story because everybody knows what MSM thinks of righties. :sleeping:

Turns out it was all a lie but chances are Ralph didn't care whether the ad was legit or not. It wasn't.

Read and learn or do what the guy who posted the ad thinks you are gonna do. :rolleyes:

link: http://wapo.st/2gilNEq?tid=ss_mail

JustRalph
11-17-2016, 12:50 PM
In this thread Ralph posts a screenshot of an ad in Craigslist verifying that these protestors are being paid to protest. (see post #124) Then, GaryG profoundly tells us we all know where the dollars are coming from in post #125. Greyfox solemnly proclaims it's "sedition" in post #129 and Woodtoo sneers that main stream media won't cover this story because everybody knows what MSM thinks of righties. :sleeping:

Turns out it was all a lie but chances are Ralph didn't care whether the ad was legit or not. It wasn't.

Read and learn or do what the guy who posted the ad thinks you are gonna do. :rolleyes:

First I've heard it was fake. I could post the interview with the guy who says he got $3500 for protesting? But ok......

EasyGoer89
11-17-2016, 01:09 PM

So your point is that nobody has ever paid a protester from the Clinton camp or the soros camp paying FOR the benefit of the dems and all the O'keefe videos are just selectively edited and it's all a ruse ?

Tom
11-17-2016, 01:26 PM
People are in denial.
Just can't accept rejection.....and they certainly were rejected! :lol::lol::lol:

NJ Stinks
11-17-2016, 05:31 PM
So your point is that nobody has ever paid a protester from the Clinton camp or the soros camp paying FOR the benefit of the dems and all the O'keefe videos are just selectively edited and it's all a ruse ?

There is no chance you were going to get my point.

I don't believe the "report" that over 70 % of these protesters did not vote either. It 's another preposterous "report" IMO.

EasyGoer89
11-17-2016, 05:35 PM

I don't believe the "report" that over 70 % of these protesters did not vote either. It 's another preposterous "report" IMO.

Has anyone from team Clinton or team soros paid a protestor or an operative to do anything negative towards trump whether it be causing violence at trump rallies to the protests going on now, or even a lawyer paying 'victims' to make up phony stories? Has ANY of that happened? Even once?

NJ Stinks
11-17-2016, 05:38 PM
Has anyone from team Clinton or team soros paid a protestor or an operative to do anything negative towards trump whether it be causing violence at trump rallies to the protests going on now, or even a lawyer paying 'victims' to make up phony stories? Has ANY of that happened? Even once?

I have no idea. I would not bet against it because I was told never to bet on never. :)

johnhannibalsmith
11-17-2016, 05:43 PM
Wait till they find out they got paid too much to get free healthcare. If its real, I mean.

EasyGoer89
11-17-2016, 05:43 PM
I have no idea. I would not bet against it because I was told never to bet on never. :)

Hmmm. So if just by chance, by odd occurrence, some needle In a haystack perfect storm you found out that there was some paid operatives inciting violence or some people in the Clinton camp paying women to make up rape allegations, would that bug you enough to reconsider coming over to the winners side? Or, would it take something worse to switch like a far reaching pedophile ring, you know, as an example?

I know trump said 'pu$$y' and miss piggy and that's highly offensive and makes him Unpresidential and 'unfit' to hold office so I know I'm asking a lot for you to consider stripping your support of the other people, you know, If you stumbled upon some wrong doing by the campaign you're supporting. Theoretically of course.

johnhannibalsmith
11-17-2016, 05:46 PM
I don't think that NJStinks was particularly hurt by Clinton's loss even as a Democrat. Maybe I read between the lines poorly lately, but he seemed to care about as much as I did which of the two actually won. Maybe near total loss of control of the legislature and executive was more than he bargained for, but he was one of the few to acknowledge early on that he was hardly inspired to go out and be a good Democrat in this election.

burnsy
11-17-2016, 05:52 PM

Who cares if they didn't vote? There was no one to vote for. Either way we were screwed. I voted for the Libertarian's. There was no way I would vote for either "fraud" candidate. People should of been protesting the candidates from day 1.

Both sides are such a total joke and 90% of them are "rubes", the other 10% make sure its divisive. It didn't matter which side won, the protests were coming either way....such a bunch of fools would only deny that. Trump thought it was rigged against him too. He said so in public. Then you would of had the toothless wonders in the streets with their guns. Like when Obama won. The choice was between dumb and dumber and these dupes that follow either one are the most clueless of them all. We are going to be in trouble either way, I could not vote for that. I heard this jack water was putting his family members in the cabinet. If that's true, what a freaking clown he is.

The Kardashian's running the white house. Will there be a game show there too? You're fired! That's the president..........what an embarrassment. The only thing that could of been worse is if that crook, witch had won. God help us!

johnhannibalsmith
11-17-2016, 05:57 PM
... Then you would of had the toothless wonders in the streets with their guns....

How many times I got to say that I don't have a gun and don't want one just because I support gun rights.

NJ Stinks
11-17-2016, 06:08 PM
I don't think that NJStinks was particularly hurt by Clinton's loss even as a Democrat. Maybe I read between the lines poorly lately, but he seemed to care about as much as I did which of the two actually won. Maybe near total loss of control of the legislature and executive was more than he bargained for, but he was one of the few to acknowledge early on that he was hardly inspired to go out and be a good Democrat in this election.

The above sums me up pretty good.

I'm at a point in my life where I'm not worried about much of anything except another stupid war.

I've got no kids which means no grandkids to worry about either. That sentence means that if people that do have kids and grandkids cared in big enough numbers to elect Trump (and I know quite a few parents and grandparents who did), I'll let them worry about whether they did the right thing or the wrong thing.

I do get a headache thinking about Trump's cabinet and the Supreme Court because I'm a liberal. (Hillary wasn't.) But day in and day out for the next four years Trump has a chance to make life interesting. I hope he surprises all of us somehow.

Including Burnsy! :jump:

ElKabong
11-17-2016, 07:07 PM
Then you would of had the toothless wonders in the streets with their guns. Like when Obama won.

"Would of" had?
Yes, we can't have them tharr toothless unedumacatd bastardzz embarrassing theirselves in the street like that....

Tom
11-17-2016, 08:58 PM
Wait till they find out they got paid too much to get free healthcare. If its real, I mean.

:lol: :lol: :lol: YOU really need to run next time!

davew
11-17-2016, 09:59 PM

Did you read the article? was the craigslist ad from May?????

fast4522
11-17-2016, 10:08 PM
You guys need an article?

JustRalph
11-17-2016, 10:31 PM
Just when did "the toothless wonders with guns" take to the streets after Obama?

I don't recall any riots?

Tom
11-17-2016, 10:33 PM
The right doesn't do that crap.
The right is mostly civilized adults.

The left.......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

NJ Stinks
11-17-2016, 11:03 PM
Did you read the article? was the craigslist ad from May?????

March.

Here's another from 6 days ago but some here hate Snopes! :lol:

http://www.snopes.com/anti-trump-protesters-bused-into-austin/

EasyGoer89
11-17-2016, 11:06 PM
March.

Here's another from 6 days ago but some here hate Snopes! :lol:

http://www.snopes.com/anti-trump-protesters-bused-into-austin/

Nobody hates snopes, but they are a left wing propaganda site, not legit.

classhandicapper
11-18-2016, 12:56 PM
Here is some info on the early protests that were supposdely being organized by a communist organization.

Here is the article that claimed it.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/264805/communists-behind-anti-trump-protests-john-perazzo#.WCc7ez0HDOk.facebook

Here is a link to their website where they give dates, cities and time to protest.

http://www.answercoalition.org/emergency_protests_against_donald_trump

(Snopes has been discredited in my mind by the tone of their analysis on some issues. I could tell they went into trying to make a case as opposed to providing the facts and allowing the reader to draw their own conclusions)

Tom
11-18-2016, 03:29 PM
So, Trump has already created jobs. :ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

johnhannibalsmith
11-18-2016, 03:39 PM
Better to let them just protest for the sake of protesting and get it out of their systems.

A Texas man who police say was not happy with the outcome of the presidential election is facing charges for allegedly threatening to kill his parents, reports CBS affiliate KENS.

Chase Carter, 29, of San Antonio, was arrested Sunday and charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon in connection with a Nov. 9 incident.

Carter’s girlfriend told police that he was angry that his parents voted for a different candidate than he did, and allegedly threatened to kill them. She said soon after the threat was made, she noticed his guns were gone from his apartment.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cops-man-threatens-to-kill-parents-over-their-votes/

TJDave
11-18-2016, 04:13 PM
Chase has a legitimate grievance. :rolleyes:

RunForTheRoses
11-19-2016, 10:47 AM
Gets booed by audience and berated by cast member.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/19/us/mike-pence-hamilton.html

RunForTheRoses
11-19-2016, 10:51 AM
Gets booed by audience and berated by cast member.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/19/us/mike-pence-hamilton.html

I love how this douche thinks his uncalled for sermon was dialogue:

Mr. Dixon, the “Hamilton” cast member who read the statement, quickly replied with a tweet of his own: “@realDonaldTrump (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump) conversation is not harassment sir. And I appreciate @mike_pence (https://twitter.com/mike_pence) for stopping to listen.”

johnhannibalsmith
11-19-2016, 10:57 AM
Go to Hamilton end up watching Much Ado About Nothing.

woodtoo
11-19-2016, 11:05 AM
Mr. Dixons "conversation" may well lead to empty houses and more safe space for the cast. :lol:

OntheRail
11-19-2016, 01:01 PM
I love how this douche thinks his uncalled for sermon was dialogue:

Mr. Dixon, the “Hamilton” cast member who read the statement, quickly replied with a tweet of his own: “@realDonaldTrump (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump) conversation is not harassment sir. And I appreciate @mike_pence (https://twitter.com/mike_pence) for stopping to listen.”
These same Liberal Douche bags should realize that their Federal Funding for the Arts gravy Train could come to a slow ride or a very abrupt stop.
In 2013 we funded to the tune of 1.7 Billion to the Arts.

I don't think we need to pay artist to piss on a image of Christ or a piece that shits on the American Flag.

So rail on... the screeching you hear are the brakes.

PaceAdvantage
11-19-2016, 02:47 PM
Whenever I think of the show Hamilton and Trump, I'm not going to remember what happened to Pence...what I *AM* going to remember is the following...it's all part of the sweetness of victory:

Fast forward to the 2:40 mark to see what I mean

AsupmN90wBk

Pure joy watching this... :lol:

Tom
11-19-2016, 03:28 PM
In 2013 we funded to the tune of 1.7 Billion to the Arts.

Could have bought a lot of health care, but obviously, the health of people is not important to liberals.

RunForTheRoses
11-19-2016, 03:47 PM
Whenever I think of the show Hamilton and Trump, I'm not going to remember what happened to Pence...what I *AM* going to remember is the following...it's all part of the sweetness of victory:

Fast forward to the 2:40 mark to see what I mean

AsupmN90wBk

Pure joy watching this... :lol:

That clip just shows you can't dialogue with these people as much as they say they seek it. They're bullies. I think Trump knows that and says what he wants to say and lets the chips fall where they may.

woodtoo
11-19-2016, 04:14 PM
Trump flash mob at Hamilton Theater. :lol:

EasyGoer89
11-19-2016, 05:43 PM
Trump flash mob at Hamilton Theater. :lol:

At some point the trump fans are going to start fighting back. These snowflakes got space to mourn but it's time now to move on and accept the result

boxcar
11-19-2016, 05:57 PM
At some point the trump fans are going to start fighting back. These snowflakes got space to mourn but it's time now to move on and accept the result

It would be really cool if a a hundred thousand or so showed up in a rally to support Trump on his inauguration day.

EasyGoer89
11-19-2016, 07:28 PM
It would be really cool if a a hundred thousand or so showed up in a rally to support Trump on his inauguration day.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/07/12/exclusive-bikers-for-trump-to-patrol-cleveland-during-rnc-convention-vets-are-our-backbone/amp/?client=safari

These guys are coming to inauguration. And they're bringing lots of friends.

EasyGoer89
11-19-2016, 07:45 PM

Think of how trump can easily get 10 or 20 grand at a random rally at the last second. Think of the millions who attended his rallies all over the country and think of the incredible passion they have, would I be out of line to suggest he might have a million or more there? It's trump so anything is possible. I would caution folks who are going there to protest to be REALLY careful as they will be badly outnumbered.

boxcar
11-19-2016, 08:15 PM
Think of how trump can easily get 10 or 20 grand at a random rally at the last second. Think of the millions who attended his rallies all over the country and think of the incredible passion they have, would I be out of line to suggest he might have a million or more there? It's trump so anything is possible. I would caution folks who are going there to protest to be REALLY careful as they will be badly outnumbered.

Yes...the crowds at his rallies were a very telling sign, as were the absence of such at Hillary's little gatherings (by comparison). Everyone dismissed these turnouts (on both sides) as merely anecdotal evidence. After all...all the polls were backed with hard stats. :rolleyes: But yes...I think it would speak volumes to the entire nation if Trump supporters marched peacefully to DC to support him. Even I would be inclined to go!

EasyGoer89
11-19-2016, 08:35 PM
Yes...the crowds at his rallies were a very telling sign, as were the absence of such at Hillary's little gatherings (by comparison). Everyone dismissed these turnouts (on both sides) as merely anecdotal evidence. After all...all the polls were backed with hard stats. :rolleyes: But yes...I think it would speak volumes to the entire nation if Trump supporters marched peacefully to DC to support him. Even I would be inclined to go!

Its going to be a once in a lifetime opportunity, so i would imagine everyone and their mother is going to try and be there, to see one of our nation's greatest all time heroes get sworn in is going to bring tears of joy to many people, we have our country back!

EasyGoer89
11-20-2016, 12:50 PM
Crying wolf. Unloading everything they have on a daily basis, unloading all their clips on a 24/7 basis gets you to here.

http://nypost.com/2016/11/20/keep-crying-wolf-about-trump-and-no-one-will-listen-to-a-real-crisis/