PDA

View Full Version : How 'bout them polls

Jess Hawsen Arown
11-09-2016, 09:45 PM
Like I said all along, fuhgeddaboud the polls. They are worthless.

I worked hard for this victory, and it was well worth it.

highnote
11-09-2016, 11:10 PM
Trump probably had the lead much longer than people realize.

_______
11-10-2016, 01:17 AM
The polls were right. RCP 4 way had Clinton up 3.3. She's going to win the popular vote by 1-2% which is well within the margin of error.

All this talk about rigged polling was proven to be nonsense once again.

fast4522
11-10-2016, 01:21 AM
The polls were right. RCP 4 way had Clinton up 3.3. She's going to win the popular vote by 1-2% which is well within the margin of error.

Suck it up folks.

lamboguy
11-10-2016, 08:01 AM
anyone in their right mind that bet their money and received their information from the media and public polling is completely insane.

i admit i made a big mistake with this election, i bet it way to early got a rotten price, but i never thought that gamblers were that stupid to bet up the Democrats in this election. the joke was on me, but i still collected.

Mulerider
11-10-2016, 10:35 AM
anyone in their right mind that bet their money and received their information from the media and public polling is completely insane.

At least one media reporter seems to get it. And from CBS no less. This is the best I've read yet on media bias and elitism.

CBS: The Unbearable Smugness of the Press (http://www.cbsnews.com/news/commentary-the-unbearable-smugness-of-the-press-presidential-election-2016/)

reckless
11-10-2016, 05:36 PM

i admit i made a big mistake with this election, i bet it way to early got a rotten price, but i never thought that gamblers were that stupid to bet up the Democrats in this election. the joke was on me, but i still collected.

Better a short price than a long face lamboguy... :)

lamboguy
11-10-2016, 05:47 PM
my wife is the only smart one, when they were counting the votes on tuesday she left the house and bought Newsweek magazines that had the MADAME PRESIDENT on the cover. she bought 25 of them after going to 10 different 24 hour stores.

the next day Newsweek pulled the magazine off the shelves. in 4 years she will sell those magazines for $300 a piece to someone!

reckless
11-10-2016, 05:50 PM

___________ .... all these polls were rigged and it's true about the metrics used to rig them. Many of us thought so, such as yours truly, and we were totally correct!

Just before early voting throughout the USA began, the rigged and phony polls hailed Hillary Clinton a winner! Guys like you and hcap couldn't quote that goofball Nate Silver or RCP often enough. These rigged polls helped those lazy Democrat voters who make decisions based on headlines and the 'like' button on Yelp or Facebook.

Again, yours truly, brought it to you guys attention many times that when a poll's metrics were skewered big time one way -- such as 55% probable Democrat voters, just 28% Republicans and the rest independent or undecided, that's a skewered or rigged poll.

In real registration the Democrat Party registrants are not 55% nor the GOP's 28% of those registered, that's why.

This was done this way to skewer the results in favor of Hillary. This lie was also used to prompt the media -- partners in crime -- to ignore the issues and use the polls to drive this election narrative.

The nonsense you mention isn't that the polls were not rigged, but that Trump won this election -- 'despite never leading at anytime in any poll' -- as one media idiot said, who also said he was surprised at the Trump win. :lol:

woodtoo
11-10-2016, 06:05 PM
I loved the fact they were rigged polls, They thought the crooked one HAD it wrapped up early so the lazy ones stayed home thinking they weren't needed. :lol:

_______
11-10-2016, 06:49 PM
___________ .... all these polls were rigged and it's true about the metrics used to rig them. Many of us thought so, such as yours truly, and we were totally correct!

Just before early voting throughout the USA began, the rigged and phony polls hailed Hillary Clinton a winner! Guys like you and hcap couldn't quote that goofball Nate Silver or RCP often enough. These rigged polls helped those lazy Democrat voters who make decisions based on headlines and the 'like' button on Yelp or Facebook.

Again, yours truly, brought it to you guys attention many times that when a poll's metrics were skewered big time one way -- such as 55% probable Democrat voters, just 28% Republicans and the rest independent or undecided, that's a skewered or rigged poll.

In real registration the Democrat Party registrants are not 55% nor the GOP's 28% of those registered, that's why.

This was done this way to skewer the results in favor of Hillary. This lie was also used to prompt the media -- partners in crime -- to ignore the issues and use the polls to drive this election narrative.

The nonsense you mention isn't that the polls were not rigged, but that Trump won this election -- 'despite never leading at anytime in any poll' -- as one media idiot said, who also said he was surprised at the Trump win. :lol:

The misunderstanding that a poll with 55% Democratic respondents is unrepresentative arises because you (and many others) believe that the poll is conducted like an election where everyone has one equal vote. It isn't. The responses are weighted to match an expected electorate.

So every Democratic respondant might be given a weight of 0.79 while the Republican respondants are given a weighting of 1.12. Or something to that effect when your random response rate is unrepresentative.

The national polls in this election were absolutely within an expected margin of error. Clinton's 3.3 lead in the RCP average was a bell curve with a 3 point range on either side of it. When the final vote is in and she has a 1-2 point lead in the popular vote, it's a win for polls. They had a fairly good model of the electorate that showed up on Election Day.

ArlJim78
11-10-2016, 07:06 PM
The prediction markets were rigged more than the polls. They're always jacked up to give the illusion that the democrat is unbeatable.

PaceAdvantage
11-11-2016, 12:11 PM
The misunderstanding that a poll with 55% Democratic respondents is unrepresentative arises because you (and many others) believe that the poll is conducted like an election where everyone has one equal vote. It isn't. The responses are weighted to match an expected electorate.

So every Democratic respondant might be given a weight of 0.79 while the Republican respondants are given a weighting of 1.12. Or something to that effect when your random response rate is unrepresentative.

The national polls in this election were absolutely within an expected margin of error. Clinton's 3.3 lead in the RCP average was a bell curve with a 3 point range on either side of it. When the final vote is in and she has a 1-2 point lead in the popular vote, it's a win for polls. They had a fairly good model of the electorate that showed up on Election Day.The polls may have been correct, but the interpretation of them surely wasn't. The propagandizing of them DEFINITELY wasn't.