PDA

View Full Version : Trump's cabinet? Who do you want to see?

JustRalph
11-09-2016, 12:55 PM
Rick Perry just tweeted this.

Rudy=Attorney Gen

Ben Carson= Surgeon Gen or maybe something better

John Bolton or Newt G. Sec of State

Veterans Affairs= Rick Perry

Noms?

Tom
11-09-2016, 01:01 PM
John Bolton Ambassador to Earth. :ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

davew
11-09-2016, 01:12 PM
Ben Carson -> U.S. Department of Health & Human Services

Rudy Giuliani -> special prosecutor looking into Clinton Foundation fraud

Rise Over Run
11-09-2016, 01:29 PM
Chelsea Clinton - Ambassador to Libya.

EasyGoer89
11-09-2016, 01:30 PM
General Flynn, trey gowdy.

delayjf
11-09-2016, 02:28 PM
General Flynn as Sec of Defense. It will remain to be seen if Obama's transformation of the military can or will be reversed.

I've heard both Newt and Bolden's name as Sec of State. Bolden might be better given his experience. Not sure where that leaves Newt if he's selected - Sec of Commerce perhaps.

How about Kellyanne Conway? Chief of Staff perhaps?

chadk66
11-09-2016, 03:53 PM
I would love to see Rudy as AG but I think Gowdy would even be better. He'll burn that bitch.

Tom
11-09-2016, 04:06 PM
Rachael Madow....press secretary

johnhannibalsmith
11-09-2016, 04:13 PM
Must be something good for Gary Busey.

Tor Ekman
11-09-2016, 04:15 PM
Secretary of Defense - Bill Belichek

RunForTheRoses
11-09-2016, 04:48 PM
Jeff Sessions as Chief of Staff or another important position would be great although he may be needed in the Senate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Sessions

Tom Tancredo should get a spot as should Arpaio who I believe was voted out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Tancredo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Arpaio

RunForTheRoses
11-09-2016, 04:50 PM
Chelsea Clinton - Ambassador to Libya.

Oh No, You Di'int.

fast4522
11-09-2016, 05:11 PM
I would be interested in seeing what Donald J. Trump assembles as an all star team that functions like a well oiled machine. Getting the job done is what I am looking for in our next chief executive, who by any measure is sure to out perform our current one.

reckless
11-09-2016, 05:47 PM
Here are some of my picks for some cabinet positions. I'll also name alternates:

Jeff Sessions -- Secretary of State, Sec'y of Defense

Rudolph Guiliani, Chris Christie - Attorney General, FBI Director

Gen. Michael Flynn -- Secretary of Defense, State

Gen. Bobby Knight -- Ambassador to Puerto Rico

Chris Christie -- Chief of Staff, Department of Justice

Rick Santorum -- Health, Education and Welfare, Dept. of Labor

Dr Ben Carson -- Surgeon General, HUD, HEW

John Bolton -- UN Ambassador

Rick Perry -- Homeland Security

Mike Huckabee -- Chief of Staff

Not a Cabinet post but I'd like Newt Gingrich to return as Speaker of the House. Paul Ryan is an obstacle and an open borders and free trade phony. Newt does NOT need to be a member of Congress to be Speaker again, but must be voted upon by House members, or course.

VigorsTheGrey
11-09-2016, 05:51 PM
Chief of Homeland Security: Alex Jones.

EasyGoer89
11-09-2016, 06:07 PM
Here are some of my picks for some cabinet positions. I'll also name alternates:

Jeff Sessions -- Secretary of State, Sec'y of Defense

Rudolph Guiliani, Chris Christie - Attorney General, FBI Director

Gen. Michael Flynn -- Secretary of Defense, State

Gen. Bobby Knight -- Ambassador to Puerto Rico

Chris Christie -- Chief of Staff, Department of Justice

Rick Santorum -- Health, Education and Welfare, Dept. of Labor

Dr Ben Carson -- Surgeon General, HUD, HEW

John Bolton -- UN Ambassador

Rick Perry -- Homeland Security

Mike Huckabee -- Chief of Staff

Not a Cabinet post but I'd like Newt Gingrich to return as Speaker of the House. Paul Ryan is an obstacle and an open borders and free trade phony. Newt does NOT need to be a member of Congress to be Speaker again, but must be voted upon by House members, or course.

Christie is a blight on the trump admin

Mulerider
11-09-2016, 06:16 PM
Not a Cabinet position, but for first SCOTUS nominee I'd like to see Mike Lee (or even Ted Cruz, assuming a reconciliation is possible).

Mule

ElKabong
11-09-2016, 07:22 PM
If in were Donnie I'd nom Cruz for Scotus. His values are in line with what he's looking for, and Cruz is unpopular amongst his current peers.

Cruz wouldn't budge on conservative goals or values, if that's what he's looking for

JustRalph
11-09-2016, 07:32 PM
If in were Donnie I'd nom Cruz for Scotus. His values are in line with what he's looking for, and Cruz is unpopular amongst his current peers.

Cruz wouldn't budge on conservative goals or values, if that's what he's looking for

Lee or Cruz, if they would take it

fast4522
11-09-2016, 07:43 PM

That sounds good but I do not like who his wife works for, in the end a President Trump would have several moves planned for Ted Cruz. If that is one of them then my trust would be with POTUS knowing what he is doing.

Clocker
11-09-2016, 07:47 PM
Lee or Cruz, if they would take it

Dirty Harry Reid planted a bomb in the Senate a while back that is about to blow the Democrats out of the water. Harry used an obscure parliamentary process to change the rules so that presidential appointments to the federal bench could not be filibustered. The GOP will hold a 52-48 advantage in the Senate next year, and will only need a simple majority vote to confirm any SCOTUS appointment.

Edited to add, not clear this applies to SCOTUS, might only be other federal judges.

fast4522
11-09-2016, 07:51 PM
Dirty Harry Reid planted a bomb in the Senate a while back that is about to blow the Democrats out of the water. Harry used an obscure parliamentary process to change the rules so that presidential appointments to the federal bench could not be filibustered. The GOP will hold a 52-48 advantage in the Senate next year, and will only need a simple majority vote to confirm any SCOTUS appointment.

Just maybe our 45th President could get who he wants without doing that and restore things how things should be.

ArlJim78
11-09-2016, 08:46 PM
I hope Trump searches for the best and brightest top performers and doesn't simply look to the people who supported him to fill out cabinet positions. For example I think Rudy is too old and been out of the game for too long to be appointed AG. I feel the same about Newt. For those guys I see something more like Senior Advisory roles. I wouldn't have Christie on my team.

I think Reince is interesting for Chief of staff, and if there is a place for Kellyanne Conway in press office or communications of some type, she is quite good.
I also like Gen Flynn although I'm not sure if he's SecDef material, perhaps, but as a military adviser yes for sure.

Sessions deserves a top role should he want it. Maybe homeland security?
State I really don't know but I'm inclined against Bolton even though I like the guy.

fast4522
11-09-2016, 08:56 PM
I really think supporting who every Trump puts forward is the best, but if I had to pick it would be one or both of these fine lady's.

reckless
11-09-2016, 09:25 PM
Christie is a blight on the trump admin

I am with you there, EasyGoer. I never was a Christie fan and he is a blight.

Never bought into the Christie schtick and his tenure as NJ governor was a big fat failure.

ElKabong
11-09-2016, 09:45 PM
Megan Kelly could pick her cabinet position as far as I'm concerned. Did you see what she's wearing tonight?? Sheesh, my wife is going to be realllllly happy tonight. Ignition ready...

Jess Hawsen Arown
11-09-2016, 09:49 PM
Giuliani was on O'Reilly tonight, and it looks like he will be Attorney General. And he made it clear that if the evidence is there, Hillary is going down.

That is, of course, unless Obama pardons her.

But I'll bet Obama blames Hillary for destroying his legacy. So we shall see.

barahona44
11-09-2016, 10:00 PM

Edited to add, not clear this applies to SCOTUS, might only be other federal judges.

Article about SCOTUS justices and filibustering

http://blog.constitutioncenter.org/2016/10/is-the-supreme-court-filibuster-in-play-in-2017/

Fager Fan
11-09-2016, 11:11 PM

I think Ivanka would be great here but guess she and her brothers have their hands full running the family business.

fast4522
11-09-2016, 11:43 PM
Giuliani was on O'Reilly tonight, and it looks like he will be Attorney General. And he made it clear that if the evidence is there, Hillary is going down.

I think your right, but I want the Donald to say it in a press conference.
Rudy Giuliani went after John Gotti and had no fear of him, lets see what Donald J. Trump does.

barahona44
11-10-2016, 02:31 AM
Flynn can't be secretary of defense for now,under federal law, he has to be at least 7 years removed from active duty military.

Parkview_Pirate
11-10-2016, 03:02 AM

As entertaining as that selection might be, I'd rather opt for the other end of the political spectrum, and actually have someone with a sense of humor.

Say, Ann Coulter?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/11/09/coulter_trump_victory_boils_down_to_globalism_vs_n ationality.html

davew
11-10-2016, 03:28 AM
As entertaining as that selection might be, I'd rather opt for the other end of the political spectrum, and actually have someone with a sense of humor.

Say, Ann Coulter?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/11/09/coulter_trump_victory_boils_down_to_globalism_vs_n ationality.html

She has a habit of pissing people off, just for the 'fun' of it.

Dana Perino would be good.

EasyGoer89
11-10-2016, 03:32 AM

maybe he will wait to investigate till after trump is sworn in, can you pardon someone who has done nothing wrong?

Tom
11-10-2016, 07:41 AM

Say, Ann Coulter?

Oh, yesssssss.
Perfect choice!

delayjf
11-10-2016, 12:29 PM
Flynn can't be secretary of defense for now,under federal law, he has to be at least 7 years removed from active duty military.

Jeff Sessions then, somebody has to replace Carter and undo the damage done by Obama and his social experiments.

lamboguy
11-10-2016, 01:46 PM
CARL ICAHN

Tor Ekman
11-10-2016, 02:10 PM
Press Secretary - Ivanka

DSB
11-10-2016, 02:17 PM
She has a habit of pissing people off, just for the 'fun' of it.

Dana Perino would be good.

Dana Perino?

She's a Bushie.... in complete love with the whole family. She hated Trump for destroying Jeb and rooted against Trump the whole way.

Never happen... for multiple reasons.

FantasticDan
11-10-2016, 02:26 PM
Billy Bush, Special Asst. and Personal Aide :kiss:

Tom
11-10-2016, 02:36 PM
Now that's funny! :lol:

reckless
11-10-2016, 05:29 PM
Billy Bush, Special Asst. and Personal Aide :kiss:

Funny, Fan Dan... I thought bus driver would be a good job too.

Ocala Mike
11-10-2016, 06:37 PM
Wasn't a fan of hers, but he should appoint Kellyanne Conway as his Press Secretary. 100% loyal as his Campaign Manager, always had an answer for everything, and especially skilled in the art of the pivot.

Also, the "Mazel Tov Cocktail" blooper was adorable.

BELMONT 6-6-09
11-10-2016, 07:38 PM
Clint Eastwood as "the enforcer"

RunForTheRoses
11-10-2016, 08:07 PM

Say, Ann Coulter?

http://nicholasstixuncensored.blogspot.com/2016/11/political-humor-is-not-dead-ann-coulter.html

fast4522
11-10-2016, 08:29 PM
Clint Eastwood as "the enforcer"

Ah, classic.

Everyone wants to pick who and where, I want to be surprised. My wife says she wants to see some younger folks picked. My main thought is Trump has to give the LEO's a boost some how, the non stop put down by the left needs remedy.

dartman51
11-10-2016, 08:29 PM
It looks like he's prepping his son-in-law, for chief of staff. I think that is his first mistake. His COS needs to be someone who is politically savvy. Like maybe Newt. Huck and Perry are too soft for that position.

I like Gowdy for AG and Rudy for Homeland Security.

dartman51
11-10-2016, 08:32 PM
Ah, classic.

Everyone wants to pick who and where, I want to be surprised. My wife says she wants to see some younger folks picked. My main thought is Trump has to give the LEO's a boost some how, the non stop put down by the left needs remedy.

Sheriff David Clarke, Law Enforcement Commissioner.

He's a Democrat, but a by the book LEO.

fast4522
11-10-2016, 08:46 PM
Sheriff David Clarke, Law Enforcement Commissioner.

He's a Democrat, but a by the book LEO.

He is a cool dude, he knows how to turn it off and do his thing. A big Trump supporter. Beltway work is not for everyone, Sheriff Clarke needs time with his horses and from all indications has found his paradise.

tucker6
11-11-2016, 06:46 AM
General Flynn as Sec of Defense. It will remain to be seen if Obama's transformation of the military can or will be reversed.

I've heard both Newt and Bolden's name as Sec of State. Bolden might be better given his experience. Not sure where that leaves Newt if he's selected - Sec of Commerce perhaps.

How about Kellyanne Conway? Chief of Staff perhaps?
Flynn is problematic because one has to be out of the military 7 years to become Sec of Defense. He's only been out a couple years. Not worth the fight for Trump to get a waiver. Besides, word is that he is not being considered, probably for that very reason. Why spend political capital when you don't have to do so.

hcap
11-11-2016, 06:46 AM
Since the presidency is (ugh!) filled, not sure exactly what cabinet post, but he is an great fit.

http://media.dcentertainment.com/sites/default/files/MAD-Magazine-Alfred-for-President-Brink.jpg

Tom
11-11-2016, 07:19 AM
Since the presidency is (ugh!) filled, not sure exactly what cabinet post, but he is an great fit.

Secretary of Climate Change?

"What, me worry?":lol:

hcap
11-11-2016, 07:26 AM
Secretary of Climate Change?

"What, me worry?":lol:Just found a secret photo the Trump team is circulating and it looks like the Secretary of Climate Change is YOU, the one on the left (pardon the pun :lol: )

http://starecat.com/content/wp-content/uploads/drowning-survivor-monkey-hiena-donald-trump-comparison.jpg

Tom
11-11-2016, 07:39 AM
I'll be OK.....that water will rise up and I can walk away!
I figure by Tuesday.

hcap
11-11-2016, 07:42 AM
I'll be OK.....that water will rise up and I can walk away!
I figure by Tuesday.That may be if your boss on the alt right stops dumping more water (and crap) on the country.

Hint: forget tuesday!

Nutz and Boltz
11-11-2016, 01:21 PM
You guys mean to tell me that there's no room in the administration for Sarah Palin ? She's been true blue and loyal to Trump . The rest of the guys you mention all were opponents of his at one time.

http://ijr.com/2016/11/734066-someone-in-trump-land-just-leaked-a-list-of-cabinet-positions-and-secretary-sarah-palin-is-on-it/

VigorsTheGrey
11-11-2016, 06:42 PM
What does the command structure of the US look like with regard to the security apparatus? Is the Dept of Homeland Security running the Intel agencies or is it still a "tower" set-up, where each chief rules over a mini security fiefdom? TheFBI, theCIA, ICE, TREASURY agents, Federales? How are all threads woven together and who gets to run the show over all of them? Where are the checks and balances here? I don't want a bunch of federal police taking over local control like we have been seeing with the dept of homeland security, that resembles too much of a police state....

Show Me the Wire
11-11-2016, 07:04 PM

http://media.dcentertainment.com/sites/default/files/MAD-Magazine-Alfred-for-President-Brink.jpg

He has been president for the last 7 years and 10 1/2 months. See the resemblance in the ears? Thank God our current incompetent president won't be around to finish any job.

tucker6
11-11-2016, 07:11 PM
Trump named a climate skeptic as his point person for overhauling the EPA. See ya Cappy... :lol:

Clocker
11-11-2016, 11:06 PM
Instead of Clinton, Inc., it looks like we are getting Trump, Inc.

After demoting Chris Christie from head of the transition team to one of six vice-chairmen, Trump announced his 16-member executive committee. Members include daughter Ivanka and sons Eric and Donald Jr. and son-in-law Jared Kushner. Experienced, seasoned political veterans all, intimately familiar with the executive branch of government and what it will take to run it.

Welcome to "The White House Apprentice". :rolleyes:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-idUSKBN13628K (http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-idUSKBN13628K)

davew
11-11-2016, 11:08 PM
yes, finish the job - can count the weeks on fingers

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_GNKcJP7dZ6A/Skl3_DqJ1QI/AAAAAAAAB_w/y2fHSjZHQgY/s400/alfred-e-obama-mad.jpg

Tom
11-11-2016, 11:20 PM
An improvement over the current model.

FantasticDan
11-11-2016, 11:32 PM

After demoting Chris Christie from head of the transition team to one of six vice-chairmen, Trump announced his 16-member executive committee. Members include daughter Ivanka and sons Eric and Donald Jr. and son-in-law Jared Kushner. Experienced, seasoned political veterans all, intimately familiar with the executive branch of government and what it will take to run it.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-idUSKBN13628K (http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-idUSKBN13628K)
More shenanigans:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/11/11/donald-trumps-questionable-blind-trust-setup-just-got-more-questionable/

fast4522
11-11-2016, 11:36 PM
More shenanigans:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/11/11/donald-trumps-questionable-blind-trust-setup-just-got-more-questionable/

Nothing here move on.

You guys love that one.

Tom
11-11-2016, 11:41 PM
The Washington Compost......Pravda West. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Slim pickings theses days......

FantasticDan
11-11-2016, 11:55 PM
The Washington Compost......Pravda West. :lol: :lol: :lol:But you're a big Putin fan, so that's a compliment, right? :ThmbUp:

Forget Pravda West, Russia West is on the way :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom
11-12-2016, 10:09 AM
Positional.....EVERYONE is higher than the Clintons.

What is the difference between a raging communist and a democrat?

>You can reason with raging communists.
>Raging communists have some social values.
>Ragin communist women are much better looking.

Fager Fan
11-12-2016, 10:10 AM

I don't see a problem with it. They're competent in helping to select the various members of his cabinet. Also, he knows he can trust them.

Fager Fan
11-12-2016, 10:20 AM
Nothing here move on.

You guys love that one.

It's an unusual situation. Most elected to President are moving from one political job to another. This one is a businessman. I wouldn't expect him to flush his business down the drain just because he took this job.

So I guess we'll be in for hearing of conflicts of interests from his critics on a regular basis.

classhandicapper
11-12-2016, 10:52 AM
I think Milo Yiannopoulos should be communication director. ;)

fast4522
11-12-2016, 02:49 PM
It's an unusual situation. Most elected to President are moving from one political job to another. This one is a businessman. I wouldn't expect him to flush his business down the drain just because he took this job.

So I guess we'll be in for hearing of conflicts of interests from his critics on a regular basis.

Right, in one evening he obliterates the democrat's, ends political dynasty's, and starts a new political dynasty. The one time young Baron Trump stays up way past his bedtime was for this exact picture with the President elect and his choice of Vice President. The democrat's are said to be in civil war, look forward for the whole family to move into the new family business. Maybe not right away, much PR will go into it but watch for it.

Fager Fan
11-13-2016, 10:02 AM
Right, in one evening he obliterates the democrat's, ends political dynasty's, and starts a new political dynasty. The one time young Baron Trump stays up way past his bedtime was for this exact picture with the President elect and his choice of Vice President. The democrat's are said to be in civil war, look forward for the whole family to move into the new family business. Maybe not right away, much PR will go into it but watch for it.

What?

fast4522
11-13-2016, 11:08 AM
What? Be honest with yourself.

FantasticDan
11-16-2016, 10:40 AM
Smooth sailing so far for the transition team. Everything very professional and above-board.. not a clusterfrak at all.. :blush: :bang:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/16/us/politics/trump-transition.html

Tom
11-16-2016, 11:04 AM
The NY Times?

Really?
Really?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

FantasticDan
11-16-2016, 11:17 AM
The NY Times? Really? Really?
:rolleyes:

I did try and find a Highlights Magazine version just for you, but no luck.. you'll have to be a big boy.. :jump: :ThmbUp:

Tom
11-16-2016, 12:34 PM
I wouldn't worry about his transition team.
They are doing just fine.

The Lame Stream Media is trying to justify their pathetic performance.

70% do not thing the dems were taking us in the right direction
70% do not trust the LSM.

So maybe forget the Highlights mag and look for Reality for Dummies! :lol::lol::lol:

Tom
11-16-2016, 03:49 PM
I like the idea of Cruz as AG - he would wreck havoc in DOJ.
The dems would be outraged!

VigorsTheGrey
11-17-2016, 11:00 AM
How can the likes of Hank Paulsen and Jamie Diamond be EVEN considered for cabinet posts after the debacle of the previous bailouts....if they are it proves that Trump is just another servant of the banking cartels...welcome to your new masters, same as the old ones....what a joke!

PaceAdvantage
11-17-2016, 11:43 AM
It's funny, Obama and Bush Jr. took WEEKS to make their first appointments...In fact, Obama didn't appoint SOS until December 1...

Then again, Obama didn't have the press criticizing his every move as he was president-elect...their post election orgasmic bliss didn't subside....ever....

davew
11-17-2016, 11:46 AM
I like the idea of Cruz as AG - he would wreck havoc in DOJ.
The dems would be outraged!

He would get a very quick confirmation as well - not necessarily because he is good, but the Congress members don't feel like listening to him on the floor any more.

Tom
11-17-2016, 11:58 AM
Laura Ingram for press secretary.

JustRalph
11-17-2016, 01:07 PM
https://www.c-span.org/video/?418689-1/watch-pool-feed-trump-tower-lobby&live

Trump tower live feed

Looking for cabinet members?

incoming
11-17-2016, 04:11 PM
https://www.c-span.org/video/?418689-1/watch-pool-feed-trump-tower-lobby&live

Trump tower live feed

Looking for cabinet members?

Thanks for the link JR

Anyone who believes the media that DT transition team is in disarray, watch this live CSPAN feed for awhile. :ThmbUp:

jk3521
11-17-2016, 05:17 PM
Jeb Bush for .... ? :D

Saratoga_Mike
11-17-2016, 06:01 PM
Newt out ... Mitt in ... for potential SofS position. Yes, Mitt Romney.

elysiantraveller
11-17-2016, 06:19 PM

That should explode the heads of some of Trump's supporters.

FantasticDan
11-17-2016, 06:35 PM
That should explode the heads of some of Trump's supporters.
They really wanted Curt Schilling :p

ElKabong
11-17-2016, 07:17 PM
Smooth sailing so far for the transition team. Everything very professional and above-board.. not a clusterfrak at all.. :blush: :bang:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/16/us/politics/trump-transition.html

looks like the nytimes has penis envy for the trump victory. Just can't stand it. They and CNN and msnbc (and folks like you) need to find a safe place and chill for a bit. You're all embarrassing yourselves with the envy

EasyGoer89
11-17-2016, 07:43 PM
I want Candice the Cuckslayer in the cabinet. Wow, she goes nuclear on this reporter, no way this guy ever recovers from this BBQ job, amazing video.

#Trump2016
COME GET SOME.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BJItHuZCG8

FantasticDan
11-17-2016, 08:34 PM
I want Candice the Cuckslayer in the cabinet. Wow, she goes nuclear on this reporter, no way this guy ever recovers from this BBQ job, amazing video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BJItHuZCG8
I'm willing to bet that Trump hasn't donated $12 a year anonymously let alone 12 million :lol:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/donald-trump-supporter_uk_5825aa9ce4b09ac74c520edf

fast4522
11-17-2016, 08:41 PM
I'm willing to bet that Trump hasn't donated $12 a year anonymously let alone 12 million :lol:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/donald-trump-supporter_uk_5825aa9ce4b09ac74c520edf

At this point what does it really matter, everything you believe in is toast soon.

FantasticDan
11-17-2016, 08:55 PM
At this point what does it really matter, everything you believe in is toast soon.
Such as?

fast4522
11-17-2016, 08:57 PM
Sara Palen moving from department to department as shutdown manager. Thanksgiving net week.

barahona44
11-17-2016, 09:35 PM

"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer" Michael Corleone

MutuelClerk
11-18-2016, 12:49 AM
Mitt? Really? Cmon. The President elect is trying to hard to keep everyone happy. That's not how you won the election Sir. You won because you were the anti Mitt. I'd stick with that. Is lying Ted next? Maybe Michael Moore or Lizzie Borden Warren.

LottaKash
11-18-2016, 01:12 AM
Mitt? Really? Cmon. The President elect is trying to hard to keep everyone happy. That's not how you won the election Sir. You won because you were the anti Mitt. I'd stick with that. Is lying Ted next? Maybe Michael Moore or Lizzie Borden Warren.

Perhaps Donald is more of a politician than many expected...

Mitt is still well connected, so in the spirit of maybe getting things done, that could be a good thing...He is savvy about what is what, I believe...

And, after Kerry and Hillary, how much worse could it be.. :D

Me personally, I think MItt is FOS... :ThmbDown:

EasyGoer89
11-18-2016, 02:29 AM
Trump's biggest fear is being a bad president, he's sucking up to everyone to get things done, that's what great leaders do!!

Tom
11-18-2016, 07:24 AM
Bit Mitt?

Surely there are better than that hump.

upthecreek
11-18-2016, 08:03 AM
Lying Ted was spotted @ Trump Tower Wed or Thursday,already being mentioned for position

Tom
11-18-2016, 08:19 AM
Michael Moore - Secretary of Cheeseburgers.

upthecreek
11-18-2016, 08:31 AM
Bit Mitt?

Surely there are better than that hump.

Former Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney will meet with Donald Trump this weekend to discuss the secretary of state position, a source close to the president-elect with direct knowledge of his thinking told NBC News.

woodtoo
11-18-2016, 10:25 AM
Lying Ted was spotted @ Trump Tower Wed or Thursday,already being mentioned for position
I'm hoping he gets nominated for Supreme Court Justice.

barahona44
11-18-2016, 11:01 AM
Proving it's always best to get on board early, CNN is reporting Alabama Senator Jeff Sessions, 1st member of the Senate to endorse Trump, will be Attorney General.

Tom
11-18-2016, 12:47 PM
Former Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney will meet with Donald Trump this weekend to discuss the secretary of state position, a source close to the president-elect with direct knowledge of his thinking told NBC News.

Meeting at the Trump Golf course?
Maybe he will hire Romney to be his CADDY! :lol::lol::lol:

classhandicapper
11-18-2016, 12:49 PM
I liked Mitt when he ran and am not a huge fan of Trump, but if Trump picks Mitt after he was so aggressively trying to defeat him after the nomination, I'd lose respect for him.

Tom
11-18-2016, 12:52 PM
IF Romney takes ANY position in this administration, it shows what a lying hypocrite he really is.

Saratoga_Mike
11-18-2016, 12:55 PM
IF Romney takes ANY position in this administration, it shows what a lying hypocrite he really is.

Trump or Romney? I think you could apply your thoughts to both in this case.

Saratoga_Mike
11-18-2016, 12:56 PM
Media double-standard pointed out by a Dem....

David Axelrod
✔ ‎@davidaxelrod

We hadn't made any major appointments at this point in 2008. I don't remember being criticized for it.
11:54 AM - 17 Nov 2016

Tom
11-18-2016, 12:58 PM
Romney.
He is the one who said all the terrible things would happen if Trump won.
It will show him as the whore he is.

Trump will be a hump if he considers that jackass for any job that doesn't have "You want fries with that?" as a main part of it.

classhandicapper
11-18-2016, 01:00 PM
Media double-standard pointed out by a Dem....

David Axelrod
✔ ‎@davidaxelrod

We hadn't made any major appointments at this point in 2008. I don't remember being criticized for it.
11:54 AM - 17 Nov 2016

Respect. :ThmbUp:

EasyGoer89
11-18-2016, 01:42 PM
Proving it's always best to get on board early, CNN is reporting Alabama Senator Jeff Sessions, 1st member of the Senate to endorse Trump, will be Attorney General.

Sessions and not Gowdy or Rudy seems to indicate Clinton crime family are all off the hook?

Any thoughts on this?

woodtoo
11-18-2016, 01:52 PM
Sessions and not Gowdy or Rudy seems to indicate Clinton crime family are all off the hook?

Any thoughts on this?
There are numerous ongoing investigations into the crime family and the crooked one herself. They may still indict.

classhandicapper
11-18-2016, 04:37 PM
I think Clinton is going to get off. I know Trump said in the debate that he'd put her in jail, but I'm not sure there's any upside to it. He's got to work with everyone (left included) and given that there are also corrupt republicans, if they put Hillary away it's just a matter of time before the democrats get power back and come gunning for them.

EasyGoer89
11-18-2016, 04:43 PM
I think Clinton is going to get off. I know Trump said in the debate that he'd put her in jail, but I'm not sure there's any upside to it. He's got to work with everyone (left included) and given that there are also corrupt republicans, if they put Hillary away it's just a matter of time before the democrats get power back and come gunning for them.

This is tricky because if he puts her away and there's this huge circus of trials it will take away from his main job of fixing America. Also, even though it would be him putting her away for actual serious crimes, her blind supporters won't care and you'll have millions of angry people and I'm not sure that's of any benefit to the country.

trump should make it known to her behind closed doors that as long as she calls off the dogs (soros) he won't pursue any criminal actions but she has to stop paying people to incite violence and stop paying the media to portray trump as something he's not.

You can make a good case either way it's a tough decision for him probably.

fast4522
11-18-2016, 05:27 PM
I liked Mitt when he ran and am not a huge fan of Trump, but if Trump picks Mitt after he was so aggressively trying to defeat him after the nomination, I'd lose respect for him.

In that one I thought Newt Gingrich was the most dynamic mind in the race, just because one is smarter than the field it does not translate to the nomination. This time around it was no match in the field, you can argue what you will but I think none of them would have beaten that crooked old POS. Going back to Mitt Romney more would agree when he ran last he was like a dead fish the last ten weeks. Now the shoe is on the other foot it is time to impress the boss, just kissing the ring will not cut it. Getting the Trump agenda across the finish line one must ask how this guy from Utah has any value to Trump.

EasyGoer89
11-18-2016, 06:21 PM
In that one I thought Newt Gingrich was the most dynamic mind in the race, just because one is smarter than the field it does not translate to the nomination. This time around it was no match in the field, you can argue what you will but I think none of them would have beaten that crooked old POS. Going back to Mitt Romney more would agree when he ran last he was like a dead fish the last ten weeks. Now the shoe is on the other foot it is time to impress the boss, just kissing the ring will not cut it. Getting the Trump agenda across the finish line one must ask how this guy from Utah has any value to Trump.

The value is that people who respect and like Romney might change their stance on Trump, Mitt gives them an 'out' to like Trump "if mitt can work with him, maybe i can too" and the other factor is that people in the Republican party who like and respect Mitt could also follow his lead, its an endorsement of sorts. This could help the Ryan-Trump relationship, assuming that Ryan and Romney actually like and respect each other.

PaceAdvantage
11-19-2016, 02:32 PM
That should explode the heads of some of Trump's supporters.I guess Trump isn't as much of a narcissistic, self-absorbed, revenge-driven guy that he was made out to be by his detractors.

Guess we can take Utah off the list of places Trump might NUKE after he is inaugurated...

woodtoo
11-21-2016, 10:43 AM
Press Secretary former Miss America, Gretchen Elizabeth Carlson. :eek:

reckless
11-21-2016, 11:25 AM
Scott Brown is rumored to be a front-runner to head the Veterans Administration. I hope this is true.

John Bolton would be a great Ambassador to the United Nations.

On a parochial level, I'd like to see the very smart and decent Rick Santorum in the Trump cabinet, maybe in Education or Labor.

Rick Perry would be great too, but I've been a mark for him for years. It's a damn shame that a 20 second blackout ruined a truly national career.

I am not on the Rudy Guiliani nor Mitt Romney bandwagon, especially for Secretary of State.

Herman Caine would be a great pick in Commerce.

Just a few thoughts of mine.

woodtoo
11-24-2016, 12:07 PM
All Mittens will get is the Department of Humiliation, Amen to that. :lol:

Tom
11-24-2016, 03:55 PM
Nikki Haley over Bolton.

Stupid move IMHO.
We need someone who is up to speed on world affairs, not a newbie needing training. :ThmbDown:

JustRalph
11-24-2016, 04:55 PM
Nikki Haley over Bolton.

Stupid move IMHO.
We need someone who is up to speed on world affairs, not a newbie needing training. :ThmbDown:

Yep......I hope he has a job for Bolton👍

woodtoo
11-24-2016, 05:01 PM
Nikki Haley over Bolton.

Stupid move IMHO.
Think your missing something here Tom, Haley is a thorn to Trump and now reports directly to him thru the UN with a true Trumper replacing her as Governor. She has a high International posting where if she does not perform she can be fired. And you know how he feels about the UN, that post could just go poof. Great 3d chess move by Trump. And bringing Romney in for a humiliation meeting was genius... he is always 5 moves ahead. :ThmbUp:

DSB
11-24-2016, 05:20 PM
Yep......I hope he has a job for Bolton👍
Sec. of State seemed like a no brainer...

who really knows more than he does about foreign affairs?

Not Romney, and not Giuliani, either...

Tom
11-24-2016, 06:02 PM
Think your missing something here Tom, Haley is a thorn to Trump and now reports directly to him thru the UN with a true Trumper replacing her as Governor. She has a high International posting where if she does not perform she can be fired. And you know how he feels about the UN, that post could just go poof. Great 3d chess move by Trump. And bringing Romney in for a humiliation meeting was genius... he is always 5 moves ahead. :ThmbUp:\

Politics before security.

MutuelClerk
11-24-2016, 06:27 PM
Been okay with everything so far until DeVos. Entitled blue blooded family. Not a fan. I'll give her a chance and hope I'm wrong.

woodtoo
11-24-2016, 07:24 PM
\

Politics before security.
I know the UN does not make you feel safe.
West Point grad Mike Pompeo to head CIA, Gen. Michael Flynn NS Advisor
Admiral Mike Rogers heads NSA. Gen. Mattis is likely to take over Secretary of Defence and Gen. John Kelly potentially Chairman of the Joint Chiefs should ease the pain. All patriots. :ThmbUp:

I forgot Gen. David Petreaus

barahona44
11-24-2016, 11:33 PM
Haley will do the UN job for a couple of years, realize how irrelevant a position it is, then head back to South Carolina, resume her political career, then try for the GOP presidential nomination in 2024.This job is to pad her resume.

De Vos is a big contributor, they usually get a soft ambassador job in St. Lucia or Luxembourg.Not exactly the way to go if Trump is trying to convice people he wants to reform Washington.

Tom
11-25-2016, 11:05 AM
The UN itself is useless, worthless, an embarrassment.
But the contacts there are real, and Bolton has made many and has a good handle on what is going on in the world.

What does Nikki bring to the table, the knowledge when to shut down an interstate due to freezing rain?

If you were seeking sound advice on Iran's action in a certain situation, who would YOU call, Nikki or Bolton?

Now, Bolton as SofS.....that train not done rolled yet! :D

jk3521
11-28-2016, 04:20 PM
I thought that maybe for sure there would be a spot for John Kasich in the cabinet. Nothing yet and I haven't heard his name mentioned.

fast4522
11-28-2016, 05:11 PM
I thought that maybe for sure there would be a spot for John Kasich in the cabinet. Nothing yet and I haven't heard his name mentioned.

Why would Trump want that NAFTA globalist Obama ass kisser anyplace near a Trump property?

JustRalph
11-28-2016, 06:32 PM

You're hysterical

DSB
11-29-2016, 09:08 AM
Maybe there ought to be a new dept. for people like him.

We can call it the DDL.... Dept. of Disgruntled Losers.

We could stick Kasich and Romney in there, along with other GOP anti-Trumpers.

We could put some of the more vocal Democrat whiners in there, too... you know, just to be inclusive and to make it bi-partisan.

As long as the DDL employees get a govt. paycheck and benefits, maybe they will stop being obstructionists to the Trump agenda.

Problem solved.

woodtoo
11-29-2016, 09:20 AM
VPE Pence saying huge appointments today. :ThmbUp:

barahona44
11-29-2016, 12:41 PM
Reports from the NY Times have Georgia Congressman Tom Price, an outspoken foe of Obamacare, will be the new Secretary of Health and Human Services.He's also an orthopedic surgeon on the side.

Also, Elaine Chao, Secretary of Labor under W, is the new Secretary of Transportation.She's also the wife of Mitch McConnell.

Tom
11-29-2016, 02:25 PM
VPE Pence saying huge appointments today. :ThmbUp:

Rosie????

woodtoo
11-29-2016, 03:04 PM
Rosie????
Get real Tom, not that huge. ;)

Clocker
11-29-2016, 10:03 PM
The moonbats are having hot flashes and heart palpitations over the possibility that as Atty. Gen., Jeff Sessions might abuse the power of his office by actually enforcing the law.

If confirmed as Trump’s attorney general, the Alabama senator would instantly become one of the most powerful people overseeing the nation’s immigration policy, with wide latitude over the kinds of immigration violations to prosecute and who would be deported.

As the nation’s top cop, Sessions would be able to direct limited department resources to pursuing immigration cases. He could launch federal investigations into what he perceives as discrimination against U.S. citizens caused by immigration. He would be in charge of drafting legal rationales for immigration policies under the Trump administration.

And Sessions, as attorney general, could find ways to choke off funding for “sanctuary cities,” where local officials decline to help federal officials identify undocumented immigrants so they can be deported.

Some immigrant advocates are alarmed by the idea of a Justice Department led by someone they see as far outside the mainstream.

How much Kool Aid do you have to drink to consider enforcing the law as being "far outside the mainstream"?

I am concerned though at the possibility that Sessions might neglect the needs of the nation by not allocating sufficient resources to prevent thought crimes by wedding cake bakers or failing to protect the basic human right to use the bathroom of whatever gender you identify with at the moment.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/jeff-sessions-immigration-crackdown-231800

EasyGoer89
12-08-2016, 03:56 AM
Mad Dog!

Yeah, i'm really sure 'isil' was ecstatic that Trump won, now they gotta deal with THIS guy and not some 'snowflake'.

Buckle up buttercups.

:D

http://www.dailywire.com/news/11279/9-best-mad-dog-mattis-quotes-aaron-bandler
number 5 is my favorite.

EasyGoer89
12-13-2016, 08:09 PM
[QUOTE=dartman51]Sheriff David Clarke, Law Enforcement Commissioner.

He's a Democrat, but a by the book LEO.[/QUOTE

The good sheriff kind of unloaded on a few people tonight at Trump's Wisconsin thank you tour rally. (starting soon on youtube, trump will be speaking shortly)

Clarke let some people have it!

johnhannibalsmith
12-15-2016, 05:27 PM
I didn't read back to see if this is old news, but I just read that Kimberly Guilfoyle is among the top possibilities for press secretary. I can come to terms with most of his picks, but please Donald Jesus Trump I beg of you as a citizen to pick Gilbert Godfried over his less entertaining female equivalent. Okay, he's a lot uglier but other than that. Just anyone but her. Well, almost anyone.

EasyGoer89
12-15-2016, 05:30 PM
I didn't read back to see if this is old news, but I just read that Kimberly Guilfoyle is among the top possibilities for press secretary. I can come to terms with most of his picks, but please Donald Jesus Trump I beg of you as a citizen to pick Gilbert Godfried over his less entertaining female equivalent. Okay, he's a lot uglier but other than that. Just anyone but her. Well, almost anyone.

Milo best pick.

FantasticDan
01-20-2017, 11:45 AM
The only good thing so far to come out of the cabinet confirmations :p

OxK-ADzv0t0

johnhannibalsmith
01-24-2017, 03:11 PM
Obviously not a new part of the cabinet, but guess Comey can't be all that bad now can he.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/24/us/politics/trump-comey-fbi-director-.html?_r=0

EasyGoer89
01-27-2017, 07:58 PM
Mattis sworn in, anyone want to F with the USA?

Come and get it.

TbNLg4BWCYA

chadk66
01-28-2017, 09:13 AM
Mattis sworn in, anyone want to F with the USA?

Come and get it.

TbNLg4BWCYAyea I think the party is over now

Tom
01-28-2017, 10:04 AM
hcap...if you are out there.
Is this deja vu for you?
Riding the H Bomb out of the plane? :lol:

reckless
01-29-2017, 10:20 AM
The only good thing so far to come out of the cabinet confirmations :p

OxK-ADzv0t0

It truly is a shame that 20 seconds or so in 2012 forever doomed Rick Perry as a respected player on the national political scene. Based on his most successful tenure as Texas governor and vote-getter, he would have been a much more viable opponent to Obama than the loser Mitt Romney was.

But, c'est la vie... what happened, happened, and what is, is.

Great video, Dan, thanks.

barahona44
01-29-2017, 02:32 PM
It truly is a shame that 20 seconds or so in 2012 forever doomed Rick Perry as a respected player on the national political scene. Based on his most successful tenure as Texas governor and vote-getter, he would have been a much more viable opponent to Obama than the loser Mitt Romney was.

But, c'est la vie... what happened, happened, and what is, is.

Great video, Dan, thanks.
A viable candidate could have overcome "uh...uh...uh".I don't think most people found Perry to be presidential timber.And fair or unfair (and it is unfair) the US just went through a mediocre at best 8 years of an ex Texas governor running the show.Too soon for a rerun,especially from a W. protoge.

reckless
01-29-2017, 03:42 PM
A viable candidate could have overcome "uh...uh...uh".I don't think most people found Perry to be presidential timber.And fair or unfair (and it is unfair) the US just went through a mediocre at best 8 years of an ex Texas governor running the show.Too soon for a rerun,especially from a W. protoge.

You are correct on all accounts, barahona44.

I confess and admit to being given a Rick Perry mark.