PDA

View Full Version : Hillary's speech after losing

JustRalph
11-09-2016, 11:28 AM
Why so late?

Paul Ryan trying to take credit for Trump?

Tor Ekman
11-09-2016, 11:30 AM
As I posted in another thread, I picture her being dragged from hotel room to the podium kicking and screaming like Cagney going to the chair in Angels with Dirty Faces

PICSIX
11-09-2016, 11:31 AM
Why so late?

Paul Ryan trying to take credit for Trump?

I took it the same way :confused:

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2016, 11:32 AM
Paul Ryan is a terrific politician... :lol:

fast4522
11-09-2016, 11:38 AM
Hillary's speech after losing.

Howdy Doody is at the microphone now.

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2016, 11:55 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/26uf41mHb23iV2oM0/giphy.gif

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2016, 12:25 PM
Damn...Obama sounds like he's making a concession speech now too...

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2016, 12:29 PM
Obama just said he's confident the country will go on... :rolleyes:

johnhannibalsmith
11-09-2016, 12:31 PM
I thought that both Hillary and Obama's speeches may have been the highlight of the election. Both were brilliantly reassuring, seemed like the most genuine thing either has said in years, and exhibited grace and class in defeat. They both said what needed to be said and to their credit, they did.

PhantomOnTour
11-09-2016, 01:14 PM
While she gave a gracious speech and all that, I think it was in VERY bad form not to appear last night.
She managed to call Trump but couldn't appear before her followers, who were there for easily 7-8hrs.
:ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

Marshall Bennett
11-09-2016, 01:16 PM
I thought that both Hillary and Obama's speeches may have been the highlight of the election. Both were brilliantly reassuring, seemed like the most genuine thing either has said in years, and exhibited grace and class in defeat. They both said what needed to be said and to their credit, they did.
Yeah well, script writers are paid handsomely to insure they come off that way.
I'm sure Hillary was too emotionally shell-shocked to make any kind of speech last night. Hard to appear publicly when you're crying uncontrollably. :)

JustRalph
11-09-2016, 01:21 PM
Gotta admit, she looked pretty damn good

EasyGoer89
11-09-2016, 01:42 PM
Hillarys speech 'first off I want to thank Hcap, most post, thaskalos and fantastic Dan over at the pace advantage for supporting and condoning spirit cooking, pedophilia, torture chambers, pay for play politics and open borders among other things, thanks guys, hopefully the non stooges over at your favorite message board could let you off the hook at some point, but trying to take away their country is pretty personal, so, good luck with being accepted there as anything more than a bought and paid for stooge, if I was a betting woman I'd bet they're going to have LONGGGGG memories, but you know, good luck anyway, maybe they'll forget 39 times like I did!! :D
'

EMD4ME
11-09-2016, 01:45 PM
Hillarys speech 'first off I want to thank Hcap, most post, thaskalos and fantastic Dan over at the pace advantage for supporting and condoning spirit cooking, pedophilia, torture chambers, pay for play politics and open borders among other things, thanks guys, hopefully the non stooges over at your favorite message board could let you off the hook at some point, but trying to take away their country is pretty personal, so, good luck with being accepted there as anything more than a bought and paid for stooge, if I was a betting woman I'd bet they're going to have LONGGGGG memories, but you know, good luck anyway, maybe they'll forget 39 times like I did!! :D
'

OMG :lol: :lol: :lol:

EMD4ME
11-09-2016, 01:46 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/26uf41mHb23iV2oM0/giphy.gif

I LOVE how that fake smile and sarcastic face was brought to tears last night!

thaskalos
11-09-2016, 01:51 PM
'

I wonder if I should seek "professional help"...to help me cope with the stress associated with the threat that I might not be "accepted here" again. Rejection, at this level, might DEVASTATE me. :)

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2016, 01:52 PM
I hear you...about the professional help...after all, you pointed out how I'd be in mourning today, so I'm googling shrinks as I type this...

Parkview_Pirate
11-09-2016, 02:02 PM
too bad, so sad....

thaskalos
11-09-2016, 02:05 PM
I hear you...about the professional help...after all, you pointed out how I'd be in mourning today, so I'm googling shrinks as I type this...

Come on, now. Even YOU didn't expect this outcome...and you know it. You gave us your usual pre-election speech about how you "thought that Hillary would win", while "hoping for a Trump victory". That way...you could position yourself favorably no matter WHAT the outcome would be.

There WERE correct prognosticators of this election here, but you weren't one of them...so, stop gloating. :)

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2016, 02:12 PM
Come on, now. Even YOU didn't expect this outcome...and you know it. You gave us your usual pre-election speech about how you "thought that Hillary would win", while "hoping for a Trump victory". That way...you could position yourself favorably no matter WHAT the outcome would be.

There WERE correct prognosticators of this election here, but you weren't one of them...so, stop gloating. :)I can gloat all I want, because I voted for Trump and stated plenty of times on here how terrible of a candidate I thought Clinton was...

The very fact that YOU'RE telling ME that I have no right to comment, after how wrong you were, is kinda funny.

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2016, 02:16 PM
Come on, now. Even YOU didn't expect this outcome...and you know it. You gave us your usual pre-election speech about how you "thought that Hillary would win", while "hoping for a Trump victory". That way...you could position yourself favorably no matter WHAT the outcome would be.BTW, why don't you appreciate my even-keeled style? I figure that would appeal to you.

I speak in realities as to what I see. If I thought Trump was a lock to win, I would change my name to reckless.

This whole "position yourself favorably no matter the outcome," what kind of BS is that? You think I'd be sitting here reveling in the fact that I said Hillary was going to win, if she in fact won? Really man?

Like most of the libs around here currently, I'd be in hiding if Hillary won, in mourning in fact... :lol:

delayjf
11-09-2016, 02:19 PM
Gotta admit, she looked pretty damn good

I can't help but wonder if the sub-text to her gracious, conciliatory tone was to send the msg - PLEASE DON'T INDICT ME.

thaskalos
11-09-2016, 02:19 PM
I can gloat all I want, because I voted for Trump and stated plenty of times on here how terrible of a candidate I thought Clinton was...

The very fact that YOU'RE telling ME that I have no right to comment, after how wrong you were, is kinda funny.

I never told you that you have no "right" to comment...I said that you shouldn't be gloating about the Hillary loss...because you YOURSELF had predicted victory for Hillary. You said that Hillary was a terrible candidate, and so did I...and we BOTH predicted that she would win the presidency. And we were BOTH wrong.

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2016, 02:23 PM
So I should be quiet now and know my place, even though I voted for Trump (and stated that I was doing such many times here, as opposed to you, who I believe said you were sitting this one out...talk about positioning yourself well, no matter the outcome).

thaskalos
11-09-2016, 02:26 PM
BTW, why don't you appreciate my even-keeled style? I figure that would appeal to you.

I speak in realities as to what I see. If I thought Trump was a lock to win, I would change my name to reckless.

This whole "position yourself favorably no matter the outcome," what kind of BS is that? You think I'd be sitting here reveling in the fact that I said Hillary was going to win, if she in fact won? Really man?

Like most of the libs around here currently, I'd be in hiding if Hillary won, in mourning in fact... :lol:

You wouldn't be "hiding" if Hillary had won...just as you didn't hide when Romney lost. You would have come here and stated that you "knew that Hillary would win all along"...just as you did in the LAST election, when OBAMA won. Your man was ROMNEY last time...but you hedged your bets by also adding that an Obama victory "wouldn't surprise you at all".

Face it, PA...you aren't one who likes to go out on a limb... :)

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2016, 02:28 PM
You wouldn't be "hiding" if Hillary had won...just as you didn't hide when Romney lost. You would have come here and stated that you "knew that Hillary would win all along"...just as you did in the LAST election, when OBAMA won. Your man was ROMNEY last time...but you hedged your bets by also adding that an Obama victory "wouldn't surprise you at all".

Face it, PA...you aren't one who likes to go out on a limb... :)OK, we get it. You only respect someone who bets with his balls and sticks with it even if he knows he's probably wrong.

Surprising you didn't vote then...practice what you preach brutha...way to go out on that limb you talk about above. :ThmbUp:

ElKabong
11-09-2016, 02:33 PM
I never told you that you have no "right" to comment...I said that you shouldn't be gloating about the Hillary loss...because you YOURSELF had predicted victory for Hillary. .

We're all taking a page from your neighbor Obama, when he stated 'after all, I won' or something to that effect

It's time for celebration regardless of someone else's opinion if you were hoping for this result. Consider the ball spiked. It will be an ongoing celebration because we consider the alternative.... Eight more years of the same slow economic misery.

Take off the frown and get on the dance floor. Party time.

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2016, 02:36 PM
I believe Obama said "Elections have consequences, and I won" or something like that...

FantasticDan
11-09-2016, 02:38 PM
Face it, PA...you aren't one who likes to go out on a limb... :)Don't forget Shackleford! :ThmbUp: :cool:

thaskalos
11-09-2016, 02:38 PM
So I should be quiet now and know my place, even though I voted for Trump (and stated that I was doing such many times here, as opposed to you, who I believe said you were sitting this one out...talk about positioning yourself well, no matter the outcome).

I was dead wrong in this election...and I also apologized to those whose "handicapping skills" I questioned...in that other thread that you started. But you were wrong too...even though you are now pretending to have been RIGHT. When I asked how a group of "expert handicappers" could have predicted an outright Trump victory in this election...you were quick to point out to me that you only voted for Trump in that poll because you misunderstood the polling question...thinking that it was asking for a "choice", rather than for a "prediction".

You thought that Hillary would WIN, Mike...just as I did.

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2016, 02:40 PM
You thought that Hillary would WIN, Mike...just as I did.Well then, I guess only reckless and maybe one other person (lamboguy?) should post about this from here on out. I'll be quiet. Sorry I offended your sensibilities.

PhantomOnTour
11-09-2016, 02:40 PM
Don't forget Shackleford! :ThmbUp: :cool:
Take Charge Brandi !!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2016, 02:42 PM
Take Charge Brandi !!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:YES! This is the one I still remember fondly! Thanks for remembering it too! After Saturday, I need all the fond memories I can get! :lol:

thaskalos
11-09-2016, 02:44 PM
We're all taking a page from your neighbor Obama, when he stated 'after all, I won' or something to that effect

It's time for celebration regardless of someone else's opinion if you were hoping for this result. Consider the ball spiked. It will be an ongoing celebration because we consider the alternative.... Eight more years of the same slow economic misery.

Take off the frown and get on the dance floor. Party time.

To be honest...I hardly consider this to be "party time". The minute Trump tossed his hat in the political ring, he became a "politician"...and politicians aren't known for "telling the truth"...or "delivering on their campaign promises". I've seen too much, so I remain solemn during these "changes of power"...even as others rejoice. :ThmbUp:

barahona44
11-09-2016, 02:44 PM
I wonder if I should seek "professional help"...to help me cope with the stress associated with the threat that I might not be "accepted here" again. Rejection, at this level, might DEVASTATE me. :)
Let me quote Oscar Wilde. "The only thing worse than being talked about is NOT being talked about"

barahona44
11-09-2016, 02:49 PM
Well then, I guess only reckless and maybe one other person (lamboguy?) should post about this from here on out. I'll be quiet. Sorry I offended your sensibilities.
Lamboguy gets docked a couple of notches for insisting that Massachusetts was going Trump.However, I must give him a tip of the sombrero (and Reckless) for keeping the faith with the Donald. :ThmbUp:

boxcar
11-09-2016, 02:54 PM
While she gave a gracious speech and all that, I think it was in VERY bad form not to appear last night.
She managed to call Trump but couldn't appear before her followers, who were there for easily 7-8hrs.
:ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

She's in the elite class. She doesn't owe her peons anything.

boxcar
11-09-2016, 02:57 PM
To be honest...I hardly consider this to be "party time". The minute Trump tossed his hat in the political ring, he became a "politician"...and politicians aren't known for "telling the truth"...or "delivering on their campaign promises". I've seen too much, so I remain solemn during these "changes of power"...even as others rejoice. :ThmbUp:

So...the minute someone registers in a medical school to take classes, they instantly become doctors?

thaskalos
11-09-2016, 02:58 PM
Well then, I guess only reckless and maybe one other person (lamboguy?) should post about this from here on out. I'll be quiet. Sorry I offended your sensibilities.

No...NONE of us should be "quiet". This is a landmark moment in American history...and we are all a PART of it. True...the odds say that Trump won't be able to accomplish ANYTHING of consequence...but this election clearly proved that the odds could at times be dead WRONG. Like you...I too want to see "real change" in this country. And...even if Trump can't do it THIS time...maybe the NEXT maverick-politician will prove more capable...and he might succeed, where Trump had failed. This might be the beginning of something REVOLUTIONARY...and I am all for it.

But, like you...I didn't really see it coming. :)

thaskalos
11-09-2016, 03:03 PM
So...the minute someone registers in a medical school to take classes, they instantly become doctors?

Students can enroll in medical school without making exaggerated promises...but political candidates can't get elected without promising more than they could deliver.

EasyGoer89
11-09-2016, 03:41 PM

It's party time. People I know cried tears of joy when he won, I commented to friends and family this is the best day of our adult lives and that we are allowed to keep our country. Trump is a true American hero, you can either accept this or continue to remain in denial.

The battle cry from your people is that he's not 'fit' to lead they tried to compare him to a mythical God and said 'he's not as good as a mythical God' so therefore you shouldn't vote for him. They never did address the idea that it was him against her not him against the ghost of Lincoln.

He won't deliver all his promises for sure, but, I do believe we at least have a fighting chance to have the flow of illegals stopped, anything else he gets around to is gravy, he doesn't have to deliver on ALL his promises to be a good or great president, he just really has to deliver on one of them and that would make him one better than Hillary would have accomplished.

Gotta look at the context. Unfortunate that there will be millions of Americans not wanting to work WITH him to make America better, they'll tear America down just to get to say 'we told u he was bad'

Telling us he's bad is worth more to many of them that fixing our problems. Hillary not speaking was essentially her saying to her fans 'don't accept this guy' all this after she and her fans vilified trump for not accepting the result 2 weeks ago.