PDA

View Full Version : The stock market just broke yesterday's high

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2016, 11:16 AM
After being DOWN around 900 points in the futures overnight.

Viva Trump!

boxcar
11-09-2016, 11:25 AM
After being DOWN around 900 points in the futures overnight.

Viva Trump!

In spite of the extremely numerous and ominous and doom-and-gloom predictions by many in the establishment.

PICSIX
11-09-2016, 11:29 AM
How am I suppose to buy the dip? In all seriousness I think the knee-jerk reaction to an interest rate hike will provide a good buying opportunity in the near future.

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2016, 11:31 AM
You could have taken advantage of it last night if you had a futures account...I do...but I didn't... :lol:

PICSIX
11-09-2016, 11:33 AM
You could have taken advantage of it last night if you had a futures account...I do...but I didn't... :lol:

I do too, but I went into cash last week. The Election environment too risky for me, and I like to gamble :lol:

lamboguy
11-09-2016, 12:05 PM
the paper gold market gaped and trapped.

elysiantraveller
11-09-2016, 12:12 PM
The bond market is where you are going to see movement with increases in deficit spending and the national debt a near certainty in at least the short term.

Mortgage rates at least on our pricing are already up an 1/8th from yesterday at this time.

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2016, 12:14 PM
With an interest rate hike right around the corner (whether or not Trump won), why would you be surprised?

elysiantraveller
11-09-2016, 12:25 PM
With an interest rate hike right around the corner (whether or not Trump won), why would you be surprised?

Its probably unlikely now... with the increases to the debt and deficit that are near certain in the short-term they will fight to keep them down.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-fed-idUSKBN134176

Secondbest
11-09-2016, 12:27 PM
Futures are at 50% for a december hike Thats way down from a few days ago.

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2016, 12:27 PM
Its probably unlikely now...Maybe that should be the next bet on this site.

elysiantraveller
11-09-2016, 02:49 PM
Maybe that should be the next bet on this site.

I'll say they don't raise them. They're already into territory they haven't seen since January. China and India's numbers suck and our debt is the best game in town but we're soon going to be issuing a lot more of it. This is one of the Trump caveat's I don't understand about debt-minded voters.

With control of both houses two things you can bank on are going to be increased spending and decreased revenue...

BEST CASE scenario: our economy slows temporarily before firing off...

Either way rates going up regardless of what the Fed does.

elysiantraveller
11-09-2016, 02:55 PM
Maybe that should be the next bet on this site.

Better over/under is how long until Trump faces possible impeachment hearings due to running his mouth about classified information. ;)

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2016, 03:18 PM
Dow just hit an ALL TIME HIGH...NEW RECORD!

Viva Trump!

woodtoo
11-09-2016, 03:24 PM
BREXIT!!!!

thaskalos
11-09-2016, 03:25 PM
Dow just hit an ALL TIME HIGH...NEW RECORD!

Viva Trump!

In the other stock market thread, yesterday...you were calling yourself a "dope" for not buying some "cheap out-of-the-money PUTS". Now, a few hours later ...the stock market all-time-high gets a "Viva Trump"?

Never mind...I think I've overstayed my welcome here already. Bye! :)

woodtoo
11-09-2016, 03:30 PM
In the other stock market thread, yesterday...you were calling yourself a "dope" for not buying some "cheap out-of-the-money PUTS". Now, a few hours later ...the stock market all-time-high gets a "Viva Trump"?

Never mind...I think I've overstayed my welcome here already. Bye! :)
Go to bed now! U over stayed your welcome.

Tor Ekman
11-09-2016, 03:33 PM
Dow might close on a record high . . . must be a bitch when the facts keep refusing to conform to the desired narrative

chadk66
11-09-2016, 03:51 PM
Does someone know how to do CPR on a jackass err I mean Brian Williams:lol:

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2016, 03:51 PM

Never mind...I think I've overstayed my welcome here already. Bye! :)If I had bought some cheap out of the money puts, I would have been able to sell them this morning at a break even, slight loss, or even slight profit given the magnitude of the drop, so it wouldn't have been a strategy that would have hurt me.

Obviously, seeing the market down 900 points overnight, and seeing the market open not-so-much down this morning, I would have jettisoned those puts quickly.

But, now that I think about it, I'm not sure of your point here? Please explain.

elysiantraveller
11-09-2016, 03:56 PM
Dow might close on a record high . . . must be a bitch when the facts keep refusing to conform to the desired narrative

We're in for a interesting trough methinks. This fits with my narrative... not anyone's desired.

I would ignore the equity side and pay much closer attention to what is happening with the cost of money.

Housing should be fine just because there is no inventory but... we're gonna slow before we grow... if...

Redboard
11-09-2016, 04:14 PM
I'm not surprised that the market is up. This is Donald Trump, not Bernie Sanders. He's not going to do anything stupid. He's a businessman that knows how things work. Trump said he would reduce the income tax on corporations to 15%, which could be helping the market

reckless
11-09-2016, 06:02 PM
For those interested ...

Gilead (GILD) closed today at $78.47, UP $4.43.... just sayin'.

EasyGoer89
11-09-2016, 06:05 PM
Remember when Marc Cuban said the stock market won't tank if trump wins?

Neither do I.

reckless
11-09-2016, 09:41 PM
To be honest I thought the market would drop today --and I was up all night Election Day and saw the Dow futures crater a few times, and was chomping at the bit. It may still drop a bit this week or next but the long term outlook is definitely great, as I see it.

Hyperbole aside, I believe we are entering a generational buying opportunity. But we'll need to build long-term holding positions over a period of time. This could be done investing in quality, growing, cheap companies, not options, ETFs, mutual funds, or other trading products.