PDA

View Full Version : A moment of clarity from Chris Matthews last night

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2016, 11:13 AM
I caught this from Matthews last night, and came away impressed:

eEX6FuImmqA

Clocker
11-09-2016, 11:23 AM
Matthews is a lot more knowledgeable about politics than he usually displays on MSNBC. He was a speech writer for Jimmy Carter and was Chief of Staff for Tip O'Neill when he was Speaker of the House.

Matthews used to do some good political analysis when he had his old show, Hardball, and was much less partisan.

johnhannibalsmith
11-09-2016, 11:26 AM
His most lucid, meaningful statements of all those that I watched all night. Must have been an advanced phase of grief to be finding perspective on-air and funneling anger in the right direction.

thaskalos
11-09-2016, 11:29 AM
Matthews is right-on about the illegal immigrants; they have been embraced by BOTH political parties. He is also right about our cities being devastated by the closure of the small businesses nationwide. But identifying a problem is one thing...and SOLVING it is another. The diagnosis is the EASY part...

Clocker
11-09-2016, 11:33 AM
His most lucid, meaningful statements of all those that I watched all night. Must have been an advanced phase of grief to be finding perspective on-air and funneling anger in the right direction.

It's easier to think clearly when you don't have a thrill running up your leg, short circuiting your brain. :p

FantasticDan
11-09-2016, 11:33 AM
I don't think if Hillary had a "stronger" immigration policy it would have made any difference.

Barack Obama was the rock star to the black and youth vote, they came out for him in historic numbers. He won. Those numbers were not there for Hillary.

Donald Trump is the rock star for the white rural vote, they came out for him in historic numbers. He won.

Clocker
11-09-2016, 11:42 AM
"White" appears to be the theme of the day in the left's post mortems of the election. Paul Krugman blamed the results on suppression of the black vote.

HalvOnHorseracing
11-09-2016, 12:32 PM
Trump knew he wasn't going to get a large percentage of the black vote, but his strategy - the Democrats take you for granted and they aren't really doing anything for you anyway - was probably the best line of attack he could have taken.

Tom
11-09-2016, 12:35 PM

Death-bed confession?

Tom
11-09-2016, 12:42 PM
I don't think if Hillary had a "stronger" immigration policy it would have made any difference.

Barack Obama was the rock star to the black and youth vote, they came out for him in historic numbers. He won. Those numbers were not there for Hillary.

Donald Trump is the rock star for the white rural vote, they came out for him in historic numbers. He won.

You are clueless. Keep trying to justify to yourself while the nation passes you by. You ave no clue what the election was about, that is obvious. Americans were fed up with the failure of Obama for 8 years and Hillary promise a third term. More like a third rail

The one poll everyone kept denying was that over 70% though we were on the wrong path. That is Obama and Hillary. Losers.

Enough American Excellence woke up to put down the takers with their hands out, waiting for Uncle Sugar to wipe their butts for them.

HalvOnHorseracing
11-09-2016, 12:42 PM
I think in retrospect the biggest issue was the selection of Supreme Court judges. Republicans (and independent conservatives) realized that they couldn't abide a potentially liberal court for a generation. Trump's flaws became secondary to the need to not have a Democrat make those calls. The other issues are significant. I just think the Supreme Court was the deciding issue for a lot of Republicans.

FantasticDan
11-09-2016, 12:56 PM
You are clueless. Keep trying to justify to yourself while the nation passes you by. You ave no clue what the election was about, that is obvious. Americans were fed up with the failure of Obama for 8 years and Hillary promise a third term.I quote the simple turnout numbers, and somehow that's "clueless" :D :ThmbUp:

Americans were so fed up with Obama that they elected him to a 2nd term and his outgoing popularity is record high :D :ThmbUp:

Let's have another poll - since we all know it's inevitable, how soon does Tom turn on Trump?

A) Today
B) Tomorrow
C) Obama hand shake at inauguration :D :ThmbUp:

Tom
11-09-2016, 12:59 PM
You still have no clue.
Of course we hold Trump to his promises.
If he fails, as Obama did, we get on him.

We didn't elect him Prom Queen.
Not a clue.

ElKabong
11-09-2016, 01:06 PM
I think in retrospect the biggest issue was the selection of Supreme Court judges. Republicans (and independent conservatives) realized that they couldn't abide a potentially liberal court for a generation. Trump's flaws became secondary to the need to not have a Democrat make those calls. The other issues are significant. I just think the Supreme Court was the deciding issue for a lot of Republicans.

Wrong. The water cooler conversation was mostly about a choice. Hillary and the Clinton machine represented more of the same, conservatives rejected it. We all know and knew coworkers that have vaporized... Laid off and faded away. God only knows how they fared. Lost homes, lost their marriage, cut ties with friends in unnecessary embarrassment.

This was about change. It wasn't about trump. (As my pastor said, it's all about which toilet bowl you want to lick)....Neither is a good choice, but American workers have seen the carnage of the last eight years. No recovery, or at least lack of recovery, and a disconnected White House drove last night's results along with the prospect of more Clinton machine business as usual politics

Inner Dirt
11-09-2016, 01:09 PM
It was a joy watching that wimp close to tears, always hated him, ha,ha,ha.

JustRalph
11-09-2016, 01:09 PM
Speaking of clarity.....

Yesterday I woke up a racist.

This morning I'm a sexist.

According to multiple lefties.

I'm trying to decide which ? Clarity?

Clocker
11-09-2016, 01:15 PM
Speaking of clarity.....

You are obviously a redneck with zero tolerance for anyone. :p

boxcar
Speaking of clarity.....

You can be both all at once and simultaneously. (In fact, liberals certainly think so!)

Redboard
I used to like Matthews him until the 2008 Pres campaign, he really tore into Sarah Palin.

FantasticDan
11-09-2016, 01:18 PM
Speaking of clarity.....
Doesn't deplorable cover everything? :cool:

JustRalph
11-09-2016, 01:20 PM
Doesn't deplorable cover everything? :cool:

Ding! Brevity is always better......👍

Redboard
11-09-2016, 01:21 PM
Speaking of clarity.....

Do you feel better that the glass ceiling is still intact or that they won't let terrorists into the country anymore?

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2016, 01:21 PM
Do you feel better that the glass ceiling is still intact or that they won't let terrorists into the country anymore?Nobody, including Women voters, cared much about the fact that she was a woman (according to the exit polls). They were voting against policy, not gender.

Once again, the left tries to make it about race or sex or whatever bullshit divisive tactic they can get their hands on, and the people will have none of it.

She was "supposed" to win in a virtual landslide. People on here predicting the biggest landslide ever. You all got sucked into the BS narrative that did not exist. According to exit polls, women didn't even care much about Trump's "sexist image."

Yeah, she might win the popular vote (probably chalk that up to all the illegal votes cast), but she lost the election.

Clocker
11-09-2016, 01:26 PM
This was about change. It wasn't about trump.

I agree. The narrative on the left is that the election was decided by uneducated white males and by James Comey. The issues there are Hillary's corruption, political correctness and big government. How much time does the average redneck spend thinking about SCOTUS while clinging to his guns and religion? :lol:

Burls
11-09-2016, 01:42 PM
Speaking of clarity.....

C,mon Ralph, we all know you're BOTH.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

pandy
11-09-2016, 01:51 PM
Matthews is a lot more knowledgeable about politics than he usually displays on MSNBC. He was a speech writer for Jimmy Carter and was Chief of Staff for Tip O'Neill when he was Speaker of the House.

Matthews used to do some good political analysis when he had his old show, Hardball, and was much less partisan.

Totally agree. He used to be one of the best.

delayjf
11-09-2016, 02:08 PM

Agreed,

I can tell you in my office, the notification they received about the rising cost of Obama care was a shot across the bow.

chadk66
11-09-2016, 03:54 PM
he's just trying to keep his job.

Tom
11-09-2016, 04:10 PM
Do you feel better that the glass ceiling is still intact or that they won't let terrorists into the country anymore?

What glass ceiling?

She carried more people votes than Trump.
She had the Oval Office stumping for her.
She had the press campaigning and cheating for her.

The only group that stopped her was the voters.
Not because she was a female, but she was Hillary Clinton.

I would have not a second of hesitation to vote for a qualified woman.
Don't blame the failings of Hillary on women...blame it on her.

pandy
11-09-2016, 04:20 PM
What glass ceiling?

She carried more people votes than Trump.
She had the Oval Office stumping for her.
She had the press campaigning and cheating for her.

The only group that stopped her was the voters.
Not because she was a female, but she was Hillary Clinton.

I would have not a second of hesitation to vote for a qualified woman.
Don't blame the failings of Hillary on women...blame it on her.

Agree. I don't think it was just because she is Hillary Clinton, who obviously is not trustworthy and was a weak candidate, but also because it was a vote against the Democratic party, who had control for Obama's first two years and only passed one major form of legislation, which has turned into a complete nightmare for most people that are in it.

I know a couple who work for a major restaurant chain. As soon as Obamacare went into effect, the restaurant cut everyone's hours to 29 because of the crazy Obamacare 30 hour rule and cut off their health insurance, forcing them into the Obamacare market place to buy their own insurance. Of course they weren't eligible for subsidies. Now this year they're looking at a 50% increase, with less choices. The local newspaper, which is liberal, interviewed some people last week. Families are seeing their monthly fee go from $600 to $1200. As Bill Clinton says, "It's crazy."

We know how this works. If the party in control does a great job, they stay in power. If they suck, they're voted out. The democrats failed, so they're out. If Trump and the Republicans fail, they'll get thrown out.

crestridge
11-10-2016, 12:26 AM
Most of the reasons for failure have been mentioned, and in reality, it's multiple issues, but if one was really attempting to find the core problem, searching closely, probably those individuals noticed, Huma, her secretary, was performing "moves" (which Hillary gave her blessing to) with devastating results for our country. Her ties to Saudi, her mom, the writer of hatred for Jew, Christians, ties to men in Saudi who support Al-Qaeda, etc. Probably more awareness on the internet that realized, about some of these issues. Of course, just following the cont. policy of Obama.

Hillary was their token tool, for money, of course, and she was exposed on the internet, for her real agenda.

JustRalph
11-10-2016, 01:04 AM
Lawrence O'Donnell just said

"President Obama is the most "noble" man to have ever lived in the White House"

What a bunch of hooey!

pandy
11-10-2016, 07:03 AM

What a bunch of hooey!

Yeah, the spin on MSNBC yesterday was how the people who voted for Trump are racist and haters. What a bunch of bull. I live in a working class area where the vast majority voted for Trump and these are great people who are patriotic and tend to be religious. Maybe that's why the progressives hate us.

Tom
11-10-2016, 07:29 AM

What a bunch of hooey!

Lawrence O'Donnell is the biggest ass hat on earth! :lol::lol::lol:

woodtoo
11-10-2016, 07:47 AM
I second this emotion. :D

Greyfox
11-10-2016, 11:14 AM
I think in retrospect the biggest issue was the selection of Supreme Court judges.

Exactly true. :ThmbUp:
Otherwise there was no sensible reason for any sane person to vote for either Clinton or Trump.

Mulerider
11-10-2016, 11:21 AM
Totally agree. He used to be one of the best.

You might recall that years ago, before he went insane, Chris Matthews used to sit in for Rush Limbaugh.

ElKabong
11-10-2016, 11:39 AM
Exactly true. :ThmbUp:
Otherwise there was no sensible reason for any sane person to vote for either Clinton or Trump.

It's the economy, stupid...

Elliott Sidewater
11-10-2016, 06:44 PM
On this one, I cast my vote for Bill O'Reilly.

JustRalph
11-10-2016, 07:59 PM
Agree. I don't think it was just because she is Hillary Clinton, who obviously is not trustworthy and was a weak candidate, but also because it was a vote against the Democratic party, who had control for Obama's first two years and only passed one major form of legislation, which has turned into a complete nightmare for most people that are in it.

I know a couple who work for a major restaurant chain. As soon as Obamacare went into effect, the restaurant cut everyone's hours to 29 because of the crazy Obamacare 30 hour rule and cut off their health insurance, forcing them into the Obamacare market place to buy their own insurance. Of course they weren't eligible for subsidies. Now this year they're looking at a 50% increase, with less choices. The local newspaper, which is liberal, interviewed some people last week. Families are seeing their monthly fee go from $600 to $1200. As Bill Clinton says, "It's crazy."

We know how this works. If the party in control does a great job, they stay in power. If they suck, they're voted out. The democrats failed, so they're out. If Trump and the Republicans fail, they'll get thrown out.

NOW WAIT A ROOTIN TOOTIN MINUTE!!

We were informed years ago that this kind of thing doesn't happen? The great Chicago Oracle of information called me everything in the book when I said this was happening all across the country? You are here to tell me that you are personally aware of a restaurant that cut hours to 29? Come on? It can't be true? [end sarcasm]

I also remember that same oracle telling you your mom could keep her Doctor too......... :bang:

Tom
11-11-2016, 07:35 AM
On this one, I cast my vote for Bill O'Reilly.

How about.... :1: & :1a: ? :D