PDA

View Full Version : President-Elect Donald Trump

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2016, 10:22 AM
I don't know if any of you missed it since it happened at about 3am in the morning, but in his acceptance speech, Trump referenced both Secretariat and Belmont Park. For those who voted for him and those who didn't, ya gotta love that!

MonmouthParkJoe
11-09-2016, 10:28 AM
I was up all night watching it. Vegas had Hillary at -$500, still cant believe he won.

Did like the Belmont reference!

olddaddy
11-09-2016, 10:34 AM
I was up all night watching it. Vegas had Hillary at -$500, still cant believe he won.

Did like the Belmont reference!

I dont think vegas is allowed to take political bets.

DeltaLover
11-09-2016, 12:25 PM
I don't know if any of you missed it since it happened at about 3am in the morning, but in his acceptance speech, Trump referenced both Secretariat and Belmont Park. For those who voted for him and those who didn't, ya gotta love that!

:ThmbUp:

DeltaLover
11-09-2016, 12:41 PM
If Secretariat came in second he would not have that big beautiful bronze bust at the track in Belmont!

Aa5aWg6RrXA?t=11m43s

If Secretariat came in second he would not have that big beautiful bronze bust at the track in Belmont!

(11:43'')

MNslappy
11-09-2016, 01:25 PM
I thought this was interesting too. That horse racing is even anywhere on a president-elect's radar screen is pretty cool.

If you're in the camp who wants a national governing body overseeing racing, maybe Don Trump is the best hope yet for something like that actually happening.

iceknight
11-09-2016, 02:28 PM
I don't know if any of you missed it since it happened at about 3am in the morning, but in his acceptance speech, Trump referenced both Secretariat and Belmont Park. For those who voted for him and those who didn't, ya gotta love that! I slept early last night, but when I read the transcript, I thought it was cool too!

He is based out of New York but it was neat to see that reference !!

EasyGoer89
11-09-2016, 02:36 PM

Post 9

:ThmbUp:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134516

Redboard
11-09-2016, 03:29 PM
I thought this was interesting too. That horse racing is even anywhere on a president-elect's radar screen is pretty cool.

If you're in the camp who wants a national governing body overseeing racing, maybe Don Trump is the best hope yet for something like that actually happening.

That would be nice but wishful thinking I'm afraid. There's a better chance of him fixing the economy, ending terrorism, and removing all illegals than fixing racing. He never pledged that.

Besides politicians don't touch racing with a ten-foot pole — the gov of NY lives right down the street from the SPA and he never goes there.

ultracapper
11-09-2016, 03:30 PM
A real New Yahkah

Nitro
11-09-2016, 03:43 PM
After I heard those comments live this morning, my first thought was that with all of their plans to reform our tax structure, that they might consider lifting the tax burden on ALL wagering returns from horse racing!
Wouldn’t that be a shot in the arm for this game?!

Personally, I am grateful that he won, and I hope that he can accomplish even a portion of his goals. I feel much like I did after Reagan was elected.

We’ll finally have a leader in the White House again who will not shy away from making tough decisions and better yet not feel compelled to be politically correct when making them!

AskinHaskin
11-10-2016, 11:53 AM

Lets not forget that Carly Simon once mentioned Saratoga too, while we're crediting the mainstream for thinking about racing.

bobphilo
11-10-2016, 12:29 PM
PA, so you allow pro Trump posts that include stuff that has nothing to do with racing, but deleted my post where I pointed out a fact that does not praise him. Way to be neutral.

Lemon Drop Husker
11-10-2016, 12:59 PM
It is great waking up in a country in which the lesser half is crying their eyes out because they are afraid their free ride is over.

'Merica 16 :ThmbUp:

Baron Star Gregg
11-10-2016, 01:24 PM
It is great waking up in a country in which the lesser half is crying their eyes out because they are afraid their free ride is over.

'Merica 16 :ThmbUp:

Spoken like a true Trumpster.

bobphilo
11-10-2016, 01:26 PM
This thread has gone beyond what Trump said about Secretariat to a bunch of political propaganda about Trump.

Get it the hell out of a racing discussion where one should be free of this bullshit and put it in the Off Topic section.

Lemon Drop Husker
11-10-2016, 01:45 PM
Spoken like a true Trumpster.

Thank you.

I take pride in paying my share and putting forth true and actual input into the greater good of our country.

AltonKelsey
11-10-2016, 02:03 PM
Was just thinking, this might be the most amazing thing I've ever seen, and I wasn't born yesterday.

If someone told you 5 years ago Trump would be the President, you'd have called the police and the nearest hospital to have them taken away.

Don't say you wouldn't.

AltonKelsey
11-10-2016, 02:04 PM
This thread has gone beyond what Trump said about Secretariat to a bunch of political propaganda about Trump.

Get it the hell out of a racing discussion where one should be free of this bullshit and put it in the Off Topic section.

Would it be ok if we talked about Hillary?

The fact that he even mentioned Secretariat already ranks him above 99% of the recent Presidents. Don't know if Hoover mentioned Man O War.

zawaaa
11-10-2016, 02:23 PM
further evidence that idiots are easily amused, i guess

bobphilo
11-10-2016, 03:30 PM
Would it be ok if we talked about Hillary?

The fact that he even mentioned Secretariat already ranks him above 99% of the recent Presidents. Don't know if Hoover mentioned Man O War.

Only if you put it in the Off Topic section where it belongs.

bobphilo
11-10-2016, 03:32 PM
further evidence that idiots are easily amused, i guess

Yep, and Trump supporters prove it. :ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
11-10-2016, 03:39 PM
Thanks guys for taking this thread where it wasn't mean to go.

I knew this thread probably wouldn't last long, BUT, I found it pretty remarkable that Trump referenced Secretariat and Belmont in his acceptance speech, and thought it worthy of General Racing.

My mistake.