PDA

View Full Version : Guantanamo

Rexdale You
07-19-2004, 07:36 PM
Seems Ironic,

The Supreme Court that voted "W" into
office 5-4,,, Has now voted 6-3 ordering "W" to charge the
prisoners or set them free.

What impact will this have on his reelection.

My guess would be Zero. How about you guys.

Regards REX YOU,,,,

Tom
07-19-2004, 10:54 PM
WE, the people, elected Mr. Bush president. The Supreme court merely protected the election process from low-life democrates trying to deny soliers their votes and a bunch od useless morons in Floiduh who could not figure out a paper ballot.
And as for those "poor prisoners," 9 that were already freed have since been captured in Iraq on the battle field!
We should have killed them when we captured them.
Bush will win becaseu most Americans have enough brains to know what a lying coward Kery really is.

JustRalph
05-07-2008, 10:53 PM
Guantanamo is needed. And they should stop releasing these bastards.

Pentagon: Ex-detainees returning to fight
Pentagon: Man freed from Guantanamo was suicide bomber in Iraq last month

More than 10 ex-detainees have been killed or captured in fighting, officials say

More than 500 have been released from Guantanamo; about 270 still held

From Mike Mount
CNN Pentagon Producer

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A Kuwaiti man released from U.S. custody at the Guantanamo Bay Naval Base in 2005 blew himself up in a suicide attack in Iraq last month, Pentagon officials said Wednesday.

Abdullah Saleh al-Ajmi was one of two Kuwaitis who took part in a suicide attack in Mosul on April 26, the officials said. Records show that an attack in Mosul that day targeted an Iraqi police patrol and left six people dead, including two police officers.

An announcement on a jihadist Web site earlier this month declared that al-Ajmi was one of the "heroes" who carried out the Mosul operation. A second man from Kuwait also took part in the suicide attack, the Web site said.

Pentagon officials who had been keeping track of al-Ajmi said they were aware he had left Kuwait for Syria, a launching ground for terrorists into Iraq.

A video posted on various jihadist Web sites shows a number of images of al-Ajmi, followed by text reading, "May God have mercy on you Abdullah al-Ajmi. I send you a warm greeting O you martyr, O you hero, O you, a man in a time where only few men are left."

U.S. military records of Guantanamo detainees indicate that a man with the same name and nationality was held at the Cuban prison.

Those records said al-Ajmi, 29, was picked up in Afghanistan as he tried to enter Pakistan after the 2001 U.S. invasion. He claimed to have fought for the Taliban, the records show, and said he fought in a number of battles against the Northern Alliance. Watch a firefight in Afghanistan »

Though he was never charged with any crime, al-Ajmi was held at Guantanamo through 2005. Military documents show he later claimed that his statements about fighting for the Taliban were made after he was threatened while in U.S. custody. He asserted that he was in Afghanistan to study the Quran.

Al-Ajmi was transferred to the custody of Kuwaiti authorities in November 2005, with four other Kuwaitis, and was released after a trial there, according to Pentagon officials.

Al-Ajmi is not the first former Guantanamo detainee to reportedly return to the battlefield after being released. Pentagon officials say there are more than 10 people once held by the U.S. at Guantanamo who have been killed or captured in fighting after being released from the detention facility.

"Our reports indicate that a number of former [Guantanamo Bay] detainees have taken part in anti-coalition militant activities after leaving U.S. detention. Some have subsequently been killed in combat," said Cmdr. Jeff Gordon, a Pentagon spokesman.

Documents provided by the Pentagon show other former detainees returning to the battlefield, including Abdullah Mahsud, who was released from Guantanamo in 2004. He returned to Afghanistan, where he became a militant leader in the Mahsud tribe in southern Waziristan, the documents said.

"We have since discovered that he had been associated with the Taliban since his teen years and has been described as an al Qaeda-linked facilitator.

"In mid-October 2004, Mahsud directed the kidnapping of two Chinese engineers in Pakistan. During rescue operations by Pakistani forces, a kidnapper shot one of the hostages. Five of the kidnappers were killed. Mahsud was not among them," the documents provided by the Pentagon said.

"As these facts illustrate, there is an implied future risk to U.S. and allied interests with every detainee who is released or transferred from Guantanamo," Gordon said.

Reports of former detainees returning to the battlefield show they are dedicated to their cause and have been trained to be deceptive, the Pentagon officials said, but such factors will not prevent the release of other detainees from Guantanamo Bay.

~more at the link~

riskman
05-08-2008, 12:50 AM
http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_mar2005/ReleaseProgram.htm

bigmack
05-08-2008, 01:48 AM
GITMOs days are numbered. Neither BO or MC will allow its continuance.

If they're a real threat - get on with whatever justice. Spring the others free. Enough already.

A scoop of citizens from a variety of cities in the middle east would yield just as many eager to fight us infidels. I'd rather get it over with out in the ring of fire than to house these goofs forever and day and look foolish doing so.

Are GPS chips out of the question?

JustRalph
05-08-2008, 02:29 AM
GITMOs days are numbered. Neither BO or MC will allow its continuance.

If they're a real threat - get on with whatever justice. Spring the others free. Enough already.

A scoop of citizens from a variety of cities in the middle east would yield just as many eager to fight us infidels. I'd rather get it over with out in the ring of fire than to house these goofs forever and day and look foolish doing so.

Are GPS chips out of the question?

The only difference in your scoop of citizens is that these guys are already trained. They have taken the step to travel in pursuit of Jihad etc.

I think that does make a difference. Love the GPS Chip idea.

robert99
05-08-2008, 08:21 PM
If there is evidence of their guilt then put them on trial.
If US Government has paid bounty hunters to round up the nearest "foreigner" then admit it.
Those returned to UK as "dangerous terrorists" by USA Government have so little evidence against them they would not even get a parking ticket and have been released. One was a teacher simply doing voluntary work overseas.

JustRalph
05-08-2008, 10:59 PM
If there is evidence of their guilt then put them on trial.
If US Government has paid bounty hunters to round up the nearest "foreigner" then admit it.
Those returned to UK as "dangerous terrorists" by USA Government have so little evidence against them they would not even get a parking ticket and have been released. One was a teacher simply doing voluntary work overseas.

Only U.S. Citizens have a right to a trial. This is a brave new world. If you wanna play the Jihad Game, prepare to find yourself in a new category of prisoner.

There have been many released who were determined to be a non threat. It has taken a while...........but there is a system now in place.

Tom
05-08-2008, 11:28 PM
Murdering terrorists back in action, coming soon to a neighborhood near you.
Courtesy of the DNC.

Trials, we don't need no steenking trials. We got bullets.

Marlin
05-09-2008, 12:30 AM
Are GPS chips out of the question?They must be. When people were getting kidnapped and their heads chopped off it occured to me to put a chip in all American troops and civilians in the area. The humane society will put one in your adopted dog for free. It seems too easy and must not be viable because there is no way I can be more intelligent than the powers that be.

JustRalph
05-09-2008, 02:20 AM
They must be. When people were getting kidnapped and their heads chopped off it occured to me to put a chip in all American troops and civilians in the area. The humane society will put one in your adopted dog for free. It seems too easy and must not be viable because there is no way I can be more intelligent than the powers that be.

The chips in a dog are not gps chips. They are just an "ID" chip. You wave a upc reader over it (or something like that) and it give you a very limited amount of info. To use GPS on a human you need an ankle bracelet.

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-81126207287951_2000_63673003.gif

They make smaller ones..........but the crooks are known to cut them off etc. Tough deal..........the technology is not quite there yet. I give it five years..............

http://www.brickhouse-childsafety.com/gps-indoor-child-tracker-ptrac-micro.html

delayjf
05-09-2008, 01:14 PM
If we turn them over to anyone, I would turn them over to the World Cour - Hague and let them foot the bill for their defense, OR simply return them to Afgan and let the Afgan gov try them.