PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favorite NFL team?

manuelinbmw
11-06-2016, 10:50 PM
Oakland Raiders for me.

CincyHorseplayer
11-06-2016, 10:52 PM
I play horseshoes on Sundays.

How apropos for out game ey?! :D

horses4courses
11-06-2016, 10:53 PM
Chicago Bears.
It's been a long rough ride, before and after '85..... ;)

Inner Dirt
11-07-2016, 09:25 AM
Redskins to follow a local team, slowly converted from being a 49er fan of almost 40 years. It was joining a fan site of the 49ers and how I was treated for never liking the combination of Obama and Kaepernick that finished my fandom of that team off. How the team tolerates Kaepernick's protest of the anthem and says nothing about his wearing a Black Panther T-shirt to a press conference and starting a Black Panther inspired youth camp is pathetic.

lamboguy
11-07-2016, 10:12 AM
THE RAIDERS for me

barahona44
11-07-2016, 10:33 AM
The team of Y.A. Tittle (greatest name in football history), Spider Lockhart, Homer Jones,Lawrence Taylor, Phil Simms, Peyton's lil' bro, Joe Morris, Bill Parcells, Mark Bavaro, Odell Beckham, etc, etc.

And an NFL coaching tree second to none.

Since 1962
Big Blue.

MutuelClerk
11-07-2016, 11:05 AM
Da Raiders.

zico20
11-07-2016, 11:21 AM
Dallas Cowboys. Although I am not a big fan of the NFL, I think pro football is boring.

Marshall Bennett
11-07-2016, 12:42 PM
1. Texans
2. Chiefs
3. Saints

To be honest however, I'm not crazy about any of them. For me, the NCAA is 10 times more exciting.

OTM Al
11-07-2016, 03:09 PM
Chicago Bears.
It's been a long rough ride, before and after '85..... ;)
I grew up watching the Bears but after they won, it didn't seem to matter much anymore. Maybe it was a Walter Payton thing. I turn the local NY games on now but my parrot seems to enjoy them more than I do.

ldiatone
11-07-2016, 03:45 PM
PITTSBURGH STEELERS

Zydeco
11-07-2016, 04:40 PM
Green Bay Packers. I bought a share in the team when they sold stock in 1997. So I can say "we played well" or "we played poorly" and really mean the we!! lol

FakeNameChanged
11-07-2016, 04:49 PM
Green Bay Packers. I bought a share in the team when they sold stock in 1997. So I can say "we played well" or "we played poorly" and really mean the we!! lol
What's the ROI on that?

Zydeco
11-07-2016, 04:57 PM
What's the ROI on that?

lol..not much. Cost me $200 and i can do 2 things with it. Will it to a family member or the Packers will by it back from me for $25. Not publicly traded. Did not move up on the season ticket waiting list. But hey, i am part owner of an NFL team. We are the only corporation that shows their financial reports on a jumbotron as the stockholder meetings are held at Lambeau Field.

NJ Stinks
11-07-2016, 05:55 PM
I root for the Oakland Raiders because when I was a kid Daryle Lamonica was a man I looked up too. Then I started to root hard for the Buffalo Bills because of Jim Kelly. Kelly won me over when he told Paterno to pound sand for wanting to make him a linebacker. Then he went to Miami and beat Paterno 2 times in three tries.

Penn State got no respect me from because Paterno's MO made Howard Schnellenberger play in Happy Valley twice and Penn State only went to Miami once in that contract. Howard did it hoping to put Miami on the map and Kelly showed Joe what a real QB looks like. (Kelly won at Penn State in his first college start in Nov. 1979.)

Anyway, I still root for Oakland and Buffalo because I really do root for those two cities.

Oh yea. I should add that I perpetually root against the E-A-G-L-E-S because I can't stand over-the-top home team media coverage in Philly. :ThmbDown:

Marshall Bennett
11-07-2016, 06:13 PM
I remember when Stabler took over at quarterback. I was like wow Lamonica will find a starting job elsewhere in a heartbeat. Funny thing is, he seemed to just disappear not to be heard from again.

Binder
11-07-2016, 06:23 PM
Jets Jets Jets ..

NJ Stinks
11-07-2016, 06:30 PM
I remember when Stabler took over at quarterback. I was like wow Lamonica will find a starting job elsewhere in a heartbeat. Funny thing is, he seemed to just disappear not to be heard from again.

I agree, Marshall. I guess Lamonica decided at age 33 and with 12 years in the pros that he had enough.

I just checked. Daryle was 66-16-6 as a starting QB.

Bennie
11-07-2016, 06:45 PM
Lamonica should have taken notes from Blanda and played till he was 46. They could have made a commercial like Paytons with the old man on the park bench. "Work for as long as you can kid, work for as long as you can"
Been a Raiders fan forever. My favorite team of all time. Root for them every week and for ever is playing against the Giants. It's my bosses favorite team so I enjoy when they lose.

RaceBookJoe
11-07-2016, 06:55 PM
Lifelong Washington Redskins fan. Also cheer for whoever my brother-in-law is coaching for at the time..currently OL coach of the Bears, previous stop was the Broncos and before that the Panthers. John Fox keeps dragging him to the next stop. Will start cheering for the Raiders once they move here to Vegas :)

proximity
11-07-2016, 07:23 PM
Penn State got no respect me from because Paterno's MO made Howard Schnellenberger play in Happy Valley twice and Penn State only went to Miami once in that contract.

miami probably made more money that way.

why would penn state schedule a home and home with a team averaging 25,000 fans??

Secondbest
11-07-2016, 08:20 PM
Very long time NY Giants fan. I still have my 1956 giants football cards.

horses4courses
11-07-2016, 08:28 PM
I grew up watching the Bears but after they won, it didn't seem to matter much anymore. Maybe it was a Walter Payton thing. I turn the local NY games on now but my parrot seems to enjoy them more than I do.

One of these years, they will be good again.
The Ditka team in 85/86 was one of the best ever in football.

At least the Cubs got the monkey off their back.
It's time that the Bears franchise gives Chicago a winning team again.

A feathered football fan.
I feel a million youtube hits in the making. ;)

kingfin66
11-07-2016, 10:20 PM
Seahawks

ElKabong
11-07-2016, 10:58 PM
The team of Y.A. Tittle (greatest name in football history), Spider Lockhart, Homer Jones,Lawrence Taylor, Phil Simms, Peyton's lil' bro, Joe Morris, Bill Parcells, Mark Bavaro, Odell Beckham, etc, etc.

And an NFL coaching tree second to none.

Since 1962
Big Blue.

Spider Lockhart used to play football in my backyard with my older brother and his buddies. Carl's dad was a handyman, was always fixing broken windows my brother and I broke playing baseball and football. He'd bring Carl along with the intention of getting him interested in something other than football, but he'd be in our backyard playing football on every crosstown trip

Mr Lockhart used to brag about all his kids to my dad and said "only boy I worry about is Carl, all he wants to do is play ball"... Earned a decent living for awhile playing football.

cj
11-08-2016, 12:03 AM
I think after tonight's game I'm going to be a Zebras fan. They win every game no matter how shitty they perform. Incredible.

Tom
11-08-2016, 01:49 PM
How 'bout them Cowboys?

Boys and the Vikings, since the days of Fran and Roger.

manuelinbmw
11-08-2016, 03:48 PM
Wow the thread I started has really grown I'm excited to see this many people posting on NFL my favorite sport. Seems like we have a few Raiders fans here like myself.

Raiders are doing awesome this year and I think Derek Carr should be considered for MVP.

NJ Stinks
11-08-2016, 05:28 PM
miami probably made more money that way.

why would penn state schedule a home and home with a team averaging 25,000 fans??

Apparently, Syracuse didn't want more money either:

Penn State announced Aug. 9 that it was dropping the Orangemen from its schedule after 1990. The University said the decision was purely monetary. Coach Joe Paterno stated that the Lions needed seven home games to raise enough money to keep Penn State's 27 other varsity sports financially stable.

Syracuse Athletic Director Jake Crouthamel said Penn State proposed an "inequitable" scheduling agreement. The Lions wanted to play six of 10 games at Beaver Stadium beginning in '90. Syracuse wanted an even split of the games.

The decision has been made, however, and the 65-year rivalry will end soon. But the schedule controversy has become a rallying point for tonight's game.

In fact, MacPherson believes the only reason the game is on ESPN is because that's how Paterno wanted it.

"(Paterno) wants to show the world that last year was a mistake," MacPherson said. "It's now, 'Let's show who the class of the East is.' Everybody is ticked off."

Link: http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archives/article_ac7882b1-b739-5a20-84bf-49e0b34c4a57.html

proximity
11-08-2016, 07:26 PM
Apparently, Syracuse didn't want more money either:

Penn State announced Aug. 9 that it was dropping the Orangemen from its schedule after 1990. The University said the decision was purely monetary. Coach Joe Paterno stated that the Lions needed seven home games to raise enough money to keep Penn State's 27 other varsity sports financially stable.

Syracuse Athletic Director Jake Crouthamel said Penn State proposed an "inequitable" scheduling agreement. The Lions wanted to play six of 10 games at Beaver Stadium beginning in '90. Syracuse wanted an even split of the games.

The decision has been made, however, and the 65-year rivalry will end soon. But the schedule controversy has become a rallying point for tonight's game.

In fact, MacPherson believes the only reason the game is on ESPN is because that's how Paterno wanted it.

"(Paterno) wants to show the world that last year was a mistake," MacPherson said. "It's now, 'Let's show who the class of the East is.' Everybody is ticked off."

Link: http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archives/article_ac7882b1-b739-5a20-84bf-49e0b34c4a57.html

syracuse was probably getting better attendance than (late 70s) miami then and more revenue as i believe miami was even giving out a lot of tickets then at burger kings and stuff to try to build interest in the program. penn state fans would also drive to syracuse too.

your article was a blast from the past as michael owens was one of the best high school backs ever from around where i live. maybe the best although guys like ricky watters and shady mccoy became top pros.

gheuks
11-08-2016, 10:49 PM
Baltimore ravens

kingfin66
11-09-2016, 03:48 PM
I think after tonight's game I'm going to be a Zebras fan. They win every game no matter how shitty they perform. Incredible.

They really botched the clock on that field goal attempt before the half.

Track Collector
11-09-2016, 11:08 PM
Washington REDSKINS

Sonny Jurgensen is da man!

PhantomOnTour
11-09-2016, 11:19 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers

Zaf
11-09-2016, 11:21 PM
JETS JETS JETS

Z

NorCalGreg
11-10-2016, 12:32 AM
Wow the thread I started has really grown I'm excited to see this many people posting on NFL my favorite sport. Seems like we have a few Raiders fans here like myself.

Raiders are doing awesome this year and I think Derek Carr should be considered for MVP.

You in the bay or the valley, manuel? (... :ThmbUp: wherever you may be)

ultracapper
11-10-2016, 02:31 AM
Seahawks

Ocala Mike
11-10-2016, 12:18 PM
GIGANTES de Nueva York