PDA

View Full Version : Is it hard to get out of a deposition?

Neumeier
11-03-2016, 08:46 PM
I got a subpoena today to appear in court in a couple weeks as a witness. They sent a $15 check with it. Must be for gas.

It looks like a former employee got terminated. I don't know this person. Never seen her, heard of her or know who she is. Must have worked on another floor.

I will obviously have nothing to add to the case.

I work for UPS and getting a day off in Nov or Dec is next to impossible. Also I dont want to miss out on making actual money to go to something I have zero knowledge about.

Is work a legitimate excuse for getting out of this?

barn32
11-03-2016, 09:07 PM
I got a subpoena today to appear in court in a couple weeks as a witness. They sent a $15 check with it. Must be for gas.

It looks like a former employee got terminated. I don't know this person. Never seen her, heard of her or know who she is. Must have worked on another floor.

I will obviously have nothing to add to the case.

I work for UPS and getting a day off in Nov or Dec is next to impossible. Also I dont want to miss out on making actual money to go to something I have zero knowledge about.

Is work a legitimate excuse for getting out of this?Go to their attorney and offer to submit a statement. It might get you off.

Neumeier
11-03-2016, 09:09 PM
Go to their attorney and offer to submit a statement. It might get you off.

Thanks. I just got word who this person is. I actually know of her. Just didn't know her name. Still have no idea why I'm involved, unless they are calling everyone in

Tom
11-03-2016, 11:38 PM
Go to their attorney and offer to submit a statement. It might get you off.

Go to their attorney and offer the $15.