PDA

View Full Version : World Series Game 6

Mike Getchell
11-01-2016, 06:49 PM
StatFox Super Situations
MLB*|*CHICAGO CUBS*at*CLEVELAND
Play Against - Road teams (CHICAGO CUBS) good offensive team - scoring >=4.8 runs/game on the season (NL), after allowing 2 runs or less
117-86*over the last 5 seasons.**(*57.6%*|*29.8 units*)
44-49*this year.**(*47.3%*|*-5.3 units*)

StatFox Situational Power Trends
CHICAGO CUBS*are*47-19 (+23.6 Units) against the money line in Road games on the road with a money line of -100 to -150*over the last 2 seasons.
The average score was: CHICAGO CUBS (4.7) , OPPONENT (3.4)

Ben Burns
3* World Series Total of the Year Cubs/Indians Over 7
Ben Burns | MLB TotalTue, 11/01/16 - 8:05 PM

951 CHC / 952 CLE OVER 7 PinnacleAnalysis:I'm playing on Chicago and Cleveland to finish OVER the total. As you know, its been a low-scoring series. Four of the five games have produced six or fewer combined runs. Those results have helped in keeping this O„/U line nice and low. With all due respect to the pitchers, I believe that it'll prove to be too low. The Indians have seen the OVER go 28-18-2 the past few seasons, when playing at home with an O/U line of seven or less. That includes a 5-1 mark this season. Meanwhile, the OVER is 10-4-1 when the Cubs have played a road game with an O/U line of seven or less. Even factoring in the low-scoring playoffs, games here are still averaging 9.5 runs on the season. The Cubs have seen the OVER go 12-3-3 in Arrieta's 18 road starts, the Indians have seen the OVER go 8-6-1 in Tomlin's home starts. While it doesn't always work this way, the batters generally have an advantage when facing the same pitcher twice in a short span. Look for this one to prove higher-scoring than many will be expecting.

BOL Mike

Valuist
11-01-2016, 07:23 PM
StatFox Super Situations
Play Against - Road teams (CHICAGO CUBS) good offensive team - scoring >=4.8 runs/game on the season (NL), after allowing 2 runs or less
117-86*over the last 5 seasons.**(*57.6%*|*29.8 units*)
44-49*this year.**(*47.3%*|*-5.3 units*)

StatFox Situational Power Trends
CHICAGO CUBS*are*47-19 (+23.6 Units) against the money line in Road games on the road with a money line of -100 to -150*over the last 2 seasons.
The average score was: CHICAGO CUBS (4.7) , OPPONENT (3.4)

Ben Burns
3* World Series Total of the Year Cubs/Indians Over 7
Ben Burns | MLB TotalTue, 11/01/16 - 8:05 PM

951 CHC / 952 CLE OVER 7 PinnacleAnalysis:I'm playing on Chicago and Cleveland to finish OVER the total. As you know, its been a low-scoring series. Four of the five games have produced six or fewer combined runs. Those results have helped in keeping this O„/U line nice and low. With all due respect to the pitchers, I believe that it'll prove to be too low. The Indians have seen the OVER go 28-18-2 the past few seasons, when playing at home with an O/U line of seven or less. That includes a 5-1 mark this season. Meanwhile, the OVER is 10-4-1 when the Cubs have played a road game with an O/U line of seven or less. Even factoring in the low-scoring playoffs, games here are still averaging 9.5 runs on the season. The Cubs have seen the OVER go 12-3-3 in Arrieta's 18 road starts, the Indians have seen the OVER go 8-6-1 in Tomlin's home starts. While it doesn't always work this way, the batters generally have an advantage when facing the same pitcher twice in a short span. Look for this one to prove higher-scoring than many will be expecting.

BOL Mike

I agree on the over. Joe West, notorious for a small strike zone, is behind the plate. He's 84-64 to the over the last 5 years. Also, much better hitting conditions with the warmer temps.

Valuist
11-02-2016, 10:08 AM
We both cash as that game went over fairly early.

Different story tonight. HAVE to go under 6 1/2 runs. All hands on deck regarding bullpen availability. Chapman should be able to go an inning although what a strange move bringing him into a 7-2 game. Miller rested. This has 2-1 or 3-2 written all over it. First team to 3 runs wins.

barahona44
11-02-2016, 10:44 AM
We both cash as that game went over fairly early.

Different story tonight. HAVE to go under 6 1/2 runs. All hands on deck regarding bullpen availability. Chapman should be able to go an inning although what a strange move bringing him into a 7-2 game. Miller rested. This has 2-1 or 3-2 written all over it. First team to 3 runs wins.
Miller AND Allen AND Shaw rested, Franconia used the rest of his staff, including two regular starters (Salazar and Clevenger) to finish the game.

Was Maddon telling his bullpen "I don't trust you" by having Chapman pitching with a big lead? Might come back to bite hIm in the buttocks.

I'd like the Cubs to win but feel the Indians will.

Valuist
11-02-2016, 12:52 PM
Miller AND Allen AND Shaw rested, Franconia used the rest of his staff, including two regular starters (Salazar and Clevenger) to finish the game.

Was Maddon telling his bullpen "I don't trust you" by having Chapman pitching with a big lead? Might come back to bite hIm in the buttocks.

I'd like the Cubs to win but feel the Indians will.

That was exactly the message Maddon gave his bullpen. The Cubs are not expected to sign Chapman in the offseason, so Maddon is going to have to go back to either Strop or Rondon as closer next season. He's completely lost confidence in Rondon, who was very good for three seasons.

The move was so odd, so unnecessary, if the Cubs lose in game 7 due to the bullpen, Maddon will never live it down.

Valuist
11-03-2016, 02:14 AM
That was exactly the message Maddon gave his bullpen. The Cubs are not expected to sign Chapman in the offseason, so Maddon is going to have to go back to either Strop or Rondon as closer next season. He's completely lost confidence in Rondon, who was very good for three seasons.

The move was so odd, so unnecessary, if the Cubs lose in game 7 due to the bullpen, Maddon will never live it down.

And they damned near did have the bullpen give it away, blowing a 4 run lead and Chapman gave up the game tying HR. Fortunately, there's enough stars on the offensive side to overcome some questionable decision making (like taking Hendricks out WAY too early).