PDA

View Full Version : comma delimited files availability

Charlie Judge
07-18-2004, 04:15 PM
For those who are interested, the Track Judge Comma delimited race and results files are now ready. HDW has the program, and as soon as they can install it, the files will be available. The documentation for the race data and results data (new) with example files is at

www.track-judge.com

The race files are in a 3 file format (race data - horse data -past performance data)
and the results files are in a 3 file format as well ( race data - horse data -exotic payout data)

All files contain sufficient fields (track -date- race number ) to permit linking in a database without creation of new indexing fields from scratch.

Enjoy..

CAJ

Tom
07-18-2004, 05:29 PM
Charlie,
Youda man! This is very interesting.

charleslanger
07-18-2004, 08:29 PM
Charlie: Were you involved with Kinky Handicapper the software?

Charlie Judge
07-18-2004, 11:19 PM
I am the author of The Kinky Handicapper software.

This program was developed about 1996 and was the first program to have the Tomlinson turf and mud sire rankings linked to the horses in today's race. I also was the first to publish trainer stats as they applied to today's races. I continued development and developed the TrackJudge ( Name courtesy of Tim Sullivan) graphic reports about 4 years ago.

CAJ

charleslanger
07-19-2004, 05:21 AM
Thanks for the reply. I remember being intrigued when the book mentioned it-- one inferred that the program ferreted out Linares-type moves..... But i never ran into or heard of anyone who had that program....... I always kept wondering where that mystery program was......

Charlie Judge
07-19-2004, 06:16 AM
One feature of the program was finding out some of Mark Cramer's moves and alerting the handicapper when they were present.

I do not know what a Linares move is.

CAJ

charleslanger
07-19-2004, 06:23 AM
That was the Spanish trainer who saddled a few bombs from just a few starts-- at a very, very short meet year after year......

John
07-19-2004, 08:16 AM
I saw something "Kinky " by Mark Cramer on ebay if you guys are interested.

KINKY software is there a web site to read about it.

Charlie Judge
07-19-2004, 09:39 AM
Most of the concepts developed in The Kinky Handicapper have been incorporated into TrackJudge.

The Kinky Handicapper is an old DOS program and is no longer supported. You can read about TrackJudge at:

www.trackjudge.com

and

www.track-judge.com

( newest stuff release notifications)

caj