PDA

View Full Version : But the IRS says Trump can show his taxes...

Jess Hawsen Arown
10-30-2016, 10:22 AM
Of course they do. That's like the DA telling you to say whatever you want to the press while you are under investigation. "Free country, say whatever you like." As your lawyer goes apoplectic

The only relevant thing about Trump's tax returns is that he gets away with paying less than his fair share -- legally -- because of the tax laws created by Hillary Clinton and her cronies from both sides of the aisle.

The good that will come out of this is that public opinion will force President Trump and his new congress to finally do something about our unfair tax codes.

Recently, Trump has been talking more about term limits than any previous candidate. Taking the profit out of being a career politician is the single greatest thing you can do for this country.

chadk66
10-30-2016, 11:23 AM
trying to distract people over the new FBI issue

BELMONT 6-6-09
10-30-2016, 11:32 AM
Get ready 'the beast' is ready to unleash everything in their power to win this election. nothing will surprise me at this point. The democratic party is under siege, taken over by the ant-Americans and will stop at nothing to continue their path of destruction of this once proud nation!!!

barahona44
10-30-2016, 11:35 AM
I'm a fan of term limits but that could only be accomplished by a Constitutional amendment ,and I don't know anyone that's going to vote themselves out of a job.Constitutional conventions are a non starter, you can't get 38 states to agree on an official flavor of ice cream.There's also a legitimate question if term limits violate free speech. (oh that pesky Constitution :) ).The only reason why the Presedential term limits amendment came about is because it didn't apply to the current office holder (Truman) so he was willing to sign it.Every time a popular 2 term president was about to exit the office, there was a movement to overturn it.
I don't plan on holding my breath waiting for it to happen.

barahona44
10-30-2016, 11:42 AM
trying to distract people over the new FBI issue
What were you expecting her to do?

When the tape about Trump's comments to Billy Bush was made public, one of the first things Trump said was "I've heard Bill Clinton say worse".
Expect more on every Trump negative from the Clinton camp over the next week.
And for Trump to do the same.

EasyGoer89
10-30-2016, 12:08 PM

When the tape about Trump's comments to Billy Bush was made public, one of the first things Trump said was "I've heard Bill Clinton say worse".
And for Trump to do the same.

They're going to fabricate something I wouldn't be surprised if they trot someone out and claim they have a video of trump murdering someone anything is possible w these people.

chadk66
10-30-2016, 12:09 PM

And for Trump to do the same.it's exactly what we all expected her to do. duh;)

HalvOnHorseracing
10-30-2016, 12:17 PM
I'm a fan of term limits but that could only be accomplished by a Constitutional amendment ,and I don't know anyone that's going to vote themselves out of a job.Constitutional conventions are a non starter, you can't get 38 states to agree on an official flavor of ice cream.There's also a legitimate question if term limits violate free speech. (oh that pesky Constitution :) ).The only reason why the Presedential term limits amendment came about is because it didn't apply to the current office holder (Truman) so he was willing to sign it.Every time a popular 2 term president was about to exit the office, there was a movement to overturn it.
There are plenty of states with term limits, and none of them have ever been successfully challenged as a free speech issue. States have the right to limit state office holders if they choose. The Supreme Court ruled state laws could not limit federal officeholders, but that was a federal Constitutional question.

I can tell you in my state term limits don't always work the way the architects expected. You see a lot of state House members that run for Senate once their term is over, and vice versa. The biggest problem I see is that they are generally too short. Because of that, you lose a lot of institutional memory. When big issues cycle back, there are often not many legislators who were around from the last time. In fact, the institutional memory is usually left to the bureaucrats and that is a serious flaw.

Institutional memory is an even bigger deal on the federal level, as are Committee assignments based on seniority. Also, the knife cuts both ways on longevity. People who have been there for decades achieve tremendous power, like Robert Byrd, and if he represents you that seems like a good thing. Of course the down side is that legislators from small states can control important committees and screw big states, like what happened with Sandy. If you made the term limits long enough though, it might sell.

Occasionally you come up with a really good state legislator, and here you only get three two-year terms in the House and two four-year terms in the Senate. All the major elected officials are also two four-year terms. I think you could leave the major elected officials at two terms, but I would make the House 10 years and the Senate 12 years.

I once had a legislator tell me, we have term limits. They're called elections.

EasyGoer89
10-30-2016, 12:25 PM
Of course they do. That's like the DA telling you to say whatever you want to the press while you are under investigation. "Free country, say whatever you like." As your lawyer goes apoplectic

The only relevant thing about Trump's tax returns is that he gets away with paying less than his fair share -- legally -- because of the tax laws created by Hillary Clinton and her cronies from both sides of the aisle.

The good that will come out of this is that public opinion will force President Trump and his new congress to finally do something about our unfair tax codes.

Recently, Trump has been talking more about term limits than any previous candidate. Taking the profit out of being a career politician is the single greatest thing you can do for this country.

He's paying his fair share as long as they say he is, anyone who thinks he ought to pay more should take it up with the tax code people.

None of this is a 'disqualifier' as a candidate anyway, none of it matters he doesn't have to compare himself to a mythical president with an impossible standard to match he just has to be better then her. That's their entire campaign in a nutshell, they want you to disqualify trump for something and vote for her by default.

She builds nothing she makes nothing she creates nothing except death and destruction, even if you put aside all the crime and corruption, she's an otherwise disastrous candidate one of the worst we have ever seen, probably the worst in history, she has zero redeeming qualities, she won't protect the borders, she knows nothing about how to fix the economy and even if she did she isn't going to fix it for YOU, she's dangerous militarily, bunch of babies blaming Russia for her problems.

She's not a hard worker and is generally a clueless floozie, she isn't going to clean up crime in the inner cities either she's not even going to make the attempt, she will be home sleeping or dealing with her health issue that she's hiding, her campaign people are fleeing, hiding and being 'demoted' it's a mess of epic proportions, if a person wants to overlook all her mistakes and corruption and try and point to ONE thing she will do to fix ANYTHING you can't do it, it's a totally bankrupt situation like we have never seen and oh yeah, good luck with obamacare, rates doubling and tripling overnight. What a mess, what a nightmare of a candidate and campaign. Embarrassing.

DSB
10-30-2016, 12:49 PM
I once had a legislator tell me, we have term limits. They're called elections.
I've heard them say that, too.

And they are almost always an incumbent.

Jess Hawsen Arown
10-30-2016, 02:35 PM

Correct. Nobody will vote themselves out of a job. Forget bi-partisan, this would be a bill with no-partisan support.

I've written to Congress and to Trump about this. The ONLY way this can happen is if the law excludes those voting for it. Grandfathering, if you will.

Jess Hawsen Arown
10-30-2016, 02:40 PM
I've heard them say that, too.

And they are almost always an incumbent.

Yup, that's what they all say. But there are so many built in advantages for incumbents. Number one, those whose jobs, contracts and investments depend on a congressman against those who "may benefit" if their candidate is elected.

In my state, state government incumbents win almost 100% of the time (Dem and GOP districts) and usually by huge landslides. Gerrymandering is a big aid there.