PDA

View Full Version : Police Change Policy in Denver

HalvOnHorseracing
10-27-2016, 04:31 PM
The Denver Post reports that the Denver Police Department is rewriting its use-of-force policy.

It shifts the department's focus from telling officers what is legally allowed when using force against citizens one that encourages officers to use the minimum amount of force necessary.

The police chief said that it isn't good enough to take actions that are legal, but to make sure those actions are actually necessary.

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/10/26/denvers-police-department-rewriting-use-of-force/

Have at it.

Tom
10-27-2016, 07:32 PM
Sounds like a good way to get some cops killed.
That is probably the goal here.

Are they asking the rapists, murders, kidnappers, robbers, etc to do the same, or is it still OK to pull a gun on a cop?

Denver been token' too much.
Best the cops like Chicago and just stop confronting everyone.
Let the citizens fend for themselves.

Why should THEY put THEIR lives on the line and then get in trouble.
Call it acceptable civilian losses. Has ring to it.
47% of those are not really losses anyways, if you get my drift. ;)

Clocker
10-27-2016, 08:08 PM
Sounds like a good way to get some cops killed.
That is probably the goal here.

Are they asking the rapists, murders, kidnappers, robbers, etc to do the same, or is it still OK to pull a gun on a cop?

Are you implying that police officers utilizing a decision-making model to guide them on how they should react to a threat might not be an optimal tactical response? :faint:

JustRalph
10-27-2016, 10:23 PM
They are hanging the officers out to dry and trying to insulate the executive officers. They are trying to be ahead of the curve.

This Dept. just instituted the Ferguson effect as policy.

Well done! Unless you're a citizen who will be a victim

Clocker
10-27-2016, 11:52 PM
They are hanging the officers out to dry and trying to insulate the executive officers. They are trying to be ahead of the curve.

This Dept. just instituted the Ferguson effect as policy.

Well done! Unless you're a citizen who will be a victim

Denver used to be a good town in a good state. They have gradually been Californicated. The whole state is turning into the Peoples Republic of Boulder.

HalvOnHorseracing
10-28-2016, 09:34 AM
Denver used to be a good town in a good state. They have gradually been Californicated. The whole state is turning into the Peoples Republic of Boulder.
Hardly. But if that keeps people from moving here - and believe me, we are getting more than our share of people looking for a better place to live - you keep spreading that around. And don't forget to tell people it is blizzard after blizzard in Denver in the winter. You might also mention Colorado's economy sucks. That 3.0% unemployment rate, low taxes, 8th best average income in the country are rumors started by liberals to bring more liberals here. That should be the killing trifecta. Gangs of liberals roaming the streets, horrible weather and a crappy economy. Stay away. Please

DSB
10-28-2016, 10:03 AM
Hardly. But if that keeps people from moving here - and believe me, we are getting more than our share of people looking for a better place to live - you keep spreading that around. And don't forget to tell people it is blizzard after blizzard in Denver in the winter. You might also mention Colorado's economy sucks. That 3.0% unemployment rate, low taxes, 8th best average income in the country are rumors started by liberals to bring more liberals here. That should be the killing trifecta. Gangs of liberals roaming the streets, horrible weather and a crappy economy. Stay away. Please

Isn't Denver a sanctuary city?

Maybe some of the hordes who are charging across the border right now will head straight for it.

Since you guys love the illegals so much, could you take some from NJ?

We're overrun with them here....

delayjf
10-28-2016, 10:16 AM
Might work if combined with an open carry law.

Tom
10-28-2016, 10:23 AM
Sanctuary cities should be cut off from all federal funding for anything.
Actually, the should be surrounds end treated as foreign cities with no access to the REAL USA, the one that goes by laws, not anarchist traitors.

JustRalph
10-28-2016, 10:48 AM
Sanctuary cities should be cut off from all federal funding for anything.
Actually, the should be surrounds end treated as foreign cities with no access to the REAL USA, the one that goes by laws, not anarchist traitors.

We can't even get that done in Texas. There are cities in Texas where all the signage is in Spanish and that includes private business. You can tell you're not wanted.

DSB
10-28-2016, 10:51 AM
We can't even get that done in Texas. There are cities in Texas where all the signage is in Spanish and that includes private business. You can tell you're not wanted.
Just part of the "fundamental transformation of America" promised by Obama.

If you enjoy what's happened so far, you'll love what Hillary has planned for us.

But for that to occur, she'll have to get elected. I think the "transformers" may find that easier said than done...

HalvOnHorseracing
10-28-2016, 10:53 AM
Isn't Denver a sanctuary city?

Maybe some of the hordes who are charging across the border right now will head straight for it.

Since you guys love the illegals so much, could you take some from NJ?

We're overrun with them here....
They don't need Denver. Jersey City is a sanctuary city. Spread that rumor too, that we're overrun with illegals. But don't mention property taxes that are about a quarter of what you pay in NJ. And try not to think about how your governor and the legislature promised property tax relief and can't deliver. And definitely don't visit since that might disrupt your thinking.

Denver simply doesn't use municipal funding to enforce federal immigration laws, if that is considered a sanctuary city. Denver is not a sanctuary in the sense they are safe from federal jurisdiction. But if they commit crimes and are picked up they are shipped to ICE. Denver actually has a pretty big ICE detention center.

One thing Colorado has over NJ "bigly" is authentic Mexican food. There are some up sides to an endemic Mexican population.

Clocker
10-28-2016, 10:53 AM
Might work if combined with an open carry law.

Colorado is an open carry state except for Denver, which also bans possession of 'assault weapons'. The state also has a ban on 'high-cap' magazines. That law resulted in Magpul, a major US manufacturer of magazines and other gun accessories, relocating to new facilities in Wyoming and Texas.

DSB
10-28-2016, 11:03 AM
But don't mention property taxes that are about a quarter of what you pay in NJ.
There's a reason for that, and what do ya know, it's on topic! Illegal aliens' kids have filled our schools beyond capacity, and guess how they're funded? Right! Property taxes.

And try not to think about how your governor and the legislature promised property tax relief and can't deliver. And definitely don't visit since that might disrupt your thinking.

With the number of illegals draining our tax dollars, it's become impossible to make any meaningful reductions in property taxes. Oh, btw, I'm no fan of Governor Fatso, so don't think I'm defending him. (very anti-horse racing.)

One thing Colorado has over NJ "bigly" is authentic Mexican food. There are some up sides to an endemic Mexican population.

Don't worry. There are more Mexicans in NJ than there are in Mexico City, so the food is authentic.

One difference. In Denver the illegal population is endemic.

In NJ, it's epidemic.

Tom
10-28-2016, 11:39 AM
I thought it was empanada?

delayjf
10-28-2016, 12:02 PM
One thing Colorado has over NJ "bigly" is authentic Mexican food

They should hire some of those good Mexican cooks at Casa Bonita. Good Mexican food and cliff diving go well together.

HalvOnHorseracing
10-28-2016, 12:36 PM
There's a reason for that, and what do ya know, it's on topic! Illegal aliens' kids have filled our schools beyond capacity, and guess how they're funded? Right! Property taxes.

Don't worry. There are more Mexicans in NJ than there are in Mexico City, so the food is authentic.

Being a native New Yorker and having had many relatives who "emigrated" to Jersey, my recollection is that property taxes have been a complaint forever. In Colorado, the average property tax rate is 0.63%, meaning homeowners pay less than 1% of their home's value in taxes annually. In NJ the average property tax rate is 2.19%. For as long as I've been alive, taxes in NJ have been high. I'm not sure you can blame the current situation completely on the influx of illegals. the estimated population of illegal immigrants in NJ is 5.8 % of total population. Colorado's estimated population is 3.4%, so that might explain some of it, but one thing I can tell you about a lot of illegals here. They are single males more so than families. They will live 6 or 7 in an apartment and send most of what they make to families in Mexico. And obviously, they are not uniform across districts.

I've spent a lot of time in Ocean County over the last 20 years. In fact, I just got back from a week there. I can tell you finding a decent Mexican restaurant is no easy task. On the other hand, you usually don't have to go more than two blocks to find pizza. I did some projects with the Mexican government and spent extended time in Mexico City over a period of 10 years. I can personally attest that there are more than twice the number of people in Mexico City than there are in the whole state of NJ.

HalvOnHorseracing
10-28-2016, 12:38 PM
They should hire some of those good Mexican cooks at Casa Bonita. Good Mexican food and cliff diving go well together.
Everyone in Colorado has gone to Casa Bonita once, but pretty much only once. It is to Mexican Food what Chuck E Cheese is to pizza.

DSB
10-28-2016, 01:22 PM
Being a native New Yorker and having had many relatives who "emigrated" to Jersey, my recollection is that property taxes have been a complaint forever..
Yep. And as the illegal population has ballooned, so have my property taxes. They've doubled in the last decade.

They were always high; now they're criminal.

the estimated population of illegal immigrants in NJ is 5.8 % of total population. Colorado's estimated population is 3.4%, so that might explain some of it, but one thing I can tell you about a lot of illegals here. They are single males more so than families...
Not the case here. It's become a joke (a tragic one albeit) that the average pedestrian here is a mamacita pushing a baby carriage, with a little one walking beside her and another in the belly. Any street in town can produce this scenario, often several times over.

And "estimated" in just that. The "estimates" probably come from the govt. and may be intentionally skewed so that the public doesn't know what's really going on.

In my town, the percentage of Hispanics is 42% with whites 40%. This ain't Texas or California. These people haven't been here for generations. They are principally illegal aliens and their offspring.

There are various towns - old American towns - with the same predicament.

5.8%? BWAAAA HAAA HAA
They will live 6 or 7 in an apartment and send most of what they make to families in Mexico. And obviously, they are not uniform across districts...

Yeah, here too. Another illegal act. But what the hell, once you break immigration laws, everything else is a piece of cake...

I can personally attest that there are more than twice the number of people in Mexico City than there are in the whole state of NJ.
Yeah, that was before they moved to NJ.