PDA

View Full Version : BEL SUN

SAL
07-18-2004, 12:33 PM
Picks for Belmont Sunday:

R1 #7 Maidez-At first glance looks like a sucker horse. But has yet to lose as the PT favorite. Has run well from off the pace in his last two. Switch to Migliore may be the answer.

R2 #4 Sea Leon-Drop not as suspicious as some of the others in here. Last won for this tag. Big excuses in his last two, he should be a pace factor from the get-go.

R3 #4 Mumble Jumble-Another one that deceivingly looks like a sucker horse. Yet to be favored in 4 starts this year, he acutally seems to be a very game runner. Returns to his best surface.

R4 #2 Money Helps-Like the connections here. Last drill was a good one. 6/1 or better for me here.

R5 #7 Every Trick-Battled with the odds-on favorite in last before coughing it up. Might have to do that here, but I think she’ll get a clear lead early. ML favortie will be overbet and is vulnerable. 7/2 or better for a bet here.

R6 #2 Lott-Sharp as a tack, won’t be bettable. P4 single maybe?

R7 #7 Shhh Please-Can excuse his last fiasco, as his best surface is the grass. Trainer/jock combo a good one, price should be good.

R8 #5 Icy Atlantic-Proven stakes performer on the grass. Eddington has to prove he can compete on this surface. Pletcher/Velazquez combo has been red hot.

R9 #2 Rodeo Sass-Won’t be boxcar odds today. I think he’ll have open lengths on this field on the turn, always a good thing in these types of races. 4/1 or better for me here.