Who will win the World Series.
As if that is a surprise.

horses4courses
10-23-2016, 05:10 PM
I sure hope it's the Cubs.

With roots in Chicago, it would make
a number of since passed family members
very happy, including my father.

I've been a Giants fan for 30 years, now.
I rooted for them in the NLCS in 1989,
and the NLDS this year. At the same time,
I knew that a Cubs victory had meaning.

The Red Sox put their old curse to rest.
Time for the Cubs to do the same. :ThmbUp:

Marshall Bennett
10-23-2016, 05:17 PM
I find it ironic that only Oakland and Tampa Bay had lower average home attendance than Cleveland in the entire league. The Indians were in contention the entire year. The players deserve a WS title, but the fans sure don't.

Johnny V
10-24-2016, 06:38 AM
I hope the Cubs win. I will almost always pull for a NL team. I hate that stupid DH rule in the AL anyway.

jk3521
10-24-2016, 07:40 AM
Whichever team makes the fewest mistakes. And which team's fans "the Gods "think have suffered enough !

Inner Dirt
10-24-2016, 10:48 AM
I will pull for the Cubs, my great grandma was a long suffering Cub fan I think she lived 1893-1973 so she did go far enough back to remember their last World Series win. I have found memories of visiting her, as her second husband (she was widowed) taught me how to play black jack and poker when I was 7.

Tor Ekman
10-24-2016, 10:50 AM
First the time in 52 years of being a baseball fan I'll be rooting for the AL entry in the WS . . . Instead of Cubs fans offering their collective forgiveness to Bartman, they should be asking him to forgive them for their shameless behavior towards one of their own. For their collective treatment of him, Cubs fans deserve to never see a WS championship . . . Go Tribe!!!

jk3521
10-24-2016, 07:07 PM
The "magic number" 108.
http://www.komando.com/happening-now/377757/108-the-chicago-cubs-magic-number

JustRalph
10-24-2016, 07:23 PM
I find it ironic that only Oakland and Tampa Bay had lower average home attendance than Cleveland in the entire league. The Indians were in contention the entire year. The players deserve a WS title, but the fans sure don't.

Amen! Cleveland is a crap hole

But I'll cheer for them over Chicago

barahona44
10-24-2016, 08:00 PM
To me, as a lifelong Red Sox fan, either team winning would be fine with me as it would be a stick in the eye of Red Sox owner John Henry and his POS minion, sorry I mean team President Larry Lucchino for firing Tito Franconia, then letting Theo Epstein go to the Cubs because Larry HAD to have the final say in every decision, even though Epstein had clearly earned the right to share in the decision process.If the Cubs win the WS, Theo is a future HOF member.

BELMONT 6-6-09
10-24-2016, 08:02 PM
I wish the Cub and Indian fans a whole lot of fun. As a die hard Met fan I enjoyed the hell out of our run last year, though we lost, it was better to be there in the lime light then not. I hope we will be back next year. Good Luck!

Maximillion
10-24-2016, 08:18 PM
If the Cubs win the WS, Theo is a future HOF member.

Imo he's a first ballot HOF member even if they get swept in the WS.
I wish there was a horse racing version of Theo Epstein to fix this game.

Rise Over Run
10-24-2016, 08:35 PM
I really didn't care until I found out Mostpost, Horsesforcourses, and HiLIARy are Cubs fans.

Indians in 4.

Zaf
10-25-2016, 12:03 AM
Either city will be thrilled :jump: Gotta pull for the Cubbies. That drought is just too long.

Z

HoofedInTheChest
10-25-2016, 07:50 AM
Cubs in 4.

Cleveland's starting pitching is a mess after Kluber, even with the return of Salazar, i question his effectiveness coming off the shelf as well as Salazar dumping the curveball because of discomfort in a sim game, that in itself doesn't give me a lot of confidence.

If the Cubs can get to Cleveland's starters early, that eliminates the "Miller factor", i really think their pen is overrated.

I have to say that i have been really impressed with Lindor, that kid is a stud.

What are the chances of Bartman throwing the first pitch in game 3? ;)

MutuelClerk
10-25-2016, 09:52 AM
I live to close to Ohio and don't like any Cleveland sports team. Not a big Cub fan but I guess I'm rooting for them. I think the Indians will run wild on Lester though. They'll also bunt against him make him field his position.

olddaddy
10-25-2016, 11:28 AM
Being a White Sox fan I planned on taking the high road by being impartial and just hope for a competitive series. Then this is occurring

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20161024/bridgeport/white-sox-2005-world-series-cubs

Go Wahoos

Valuist
10-25-2016, 02:21 PM
Being a White Sox fan I planned on taking the high road by being impartial and just hope for a competitive series. Then this is occurring

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20161024/bridgeport/white-sox-2005-world-series-cubs

Go Wahoos

Let it go. Cleveland is your divisional rival. I wouldn't root for the Cardinals against the White Sox. Sox fans just have too much bitterness.

olddaddy
10-25-2016, 02:37 PM
Sox fans just have too much bitterness.

Maybe so but this kind of crap sure doesnt help that situation.

EasyGoer89
10-25-2016, 05:52 PM
Today is 30 year anny of former Cub Buckner's famous error. He was wearing Cub batting gloves during that play.

:eek::eek:

Valuist
10-25-2016, 06:39 PM
Today is 30 year anny of former Cub Buckner's famous error. He was wearing Cub batting gloves during that play.

:eek::eek:

All the nonsense about witchcraft and jinxes is dead and buried. All that nonsense was events that prevented them from GETTING to the World Series; not winning it. This team doesn't give a damn about all that crap. They aren't intimidated by anything.

Cleveland absolutely, positively HAS to win game 1 to have a chance. In the other games, they are at decided disadvantage in starting pitching.

thaskalos
10-25-2016, 06:42 PM
Maybe so but this kind of crap sure doesnt help that situation.

I agree...it's lamentable that CBS made this glaring misstatement.

They should have said that "most CHICAGOANS haven't seen a World Series in 71 years". :cool:

thaskalos
10-25-2016, 06:44 PM
All the nonsense about witchcraft and jinxes is dead and buried. All that nonsense was events that prevented them from GETTING to the World Series; not winning it. This team doesn't give a damn about all that crap. They aren't intimidated by anything.

Cleveland absolutely, positively HAS to win game 1 to have a chance. In the other games, they are at decided disadvantage in starting pitching.

No one knows what the goat was thinking. The curse may well be about WINNING the World Series.

HoofedInTheChest
10-25-2016, 07:18 PM
I think the Indians will run wild on Lester though.
I'll take that bet!

The Tribe hit .168 collectively in the ALCS, and Lester has a 0.86 ERA in this years post season, with a career ERA of 2.50 in 17 starts in the post season. I find it unlikely that they will railroad Lester in game 1.

I'm not sure how cold it is in Cleveland tonight, but that could be a factor for all pitchers throughout the WS. It's supposed to drop below the freezing mark tonight in Toronto, and i imagine it's fairly similar in Believeland.

thaskalos
10-25-2016, 08:49 PM
Is Kluber really this good?

Track Collector
10-25-2016, 10:09 PM
In a sporting event like the World Series it is hard to watch and not choose to root for one team over another.

(I am rooting for Cleveland because a 70-year old member of my Church is about 3 weeks removed from a double lung transplant, and he is from Cleveland and a huge Indians fan!).

ElKabong
10-25-2016, 10:35 PM
The local media has been saying all weekend that for the Indians to have a shot, they have to win Kluber's game one. After that it's a 50/50 prop....if Kluber didn't win, they had no shot at beating the cubbies.

Kluber did his job, now it's up to the pen. No real rooting interest here, but it was good to see a local product (from Dallas suburb) pitch that well.

ElKabong
10-25-2016, 10:37 PM

Duh... Yes he is

But the pen is collapsing quickly

ElKabong
10-25-2016, 10:39 PM
Wow... Rajai !!

Missed an opp to get a gift

Love this game, no rooting interest , just good theater

ElKabong
10-25-2016, 10:44 PM
Houdini on the mound...wow

olddaddy
10-26-2016, 01:03 AM
I agree...it's lamentable that CBS made this glaring misstatement.

They should have said that "most CHICAGOANS haven't seen a World Series in 71 years". :cool:

Yea or most didnt see a team go wire to wire in the regular season and 11/1 in post season which has never been done before and wont be done this year.

ElKabong
10-26-2016, 01:06 AM
Heard that Kluber would pitch games one, four, and seven.... Like we're in the 60s again. Love. It.

Game one was crucial for Cle. To me, this is a 50/50 prop now. May wind up being one of the best World Series to watch in a long time.

mostpost
10-26-2016, 01:14 AM
I would just like to remind everyone that the last time the Cubs lost a game 6-0, they came back to win the next three easily. I would also remind you that Kershaw dominated the Cubs in game two, then was knocked out in the fifth inning of game six, losing 5-0.

thaskalos
10-26-2016, 01:28 AM
Let's see if Arrieta can avoid the big inning, for a change.

Delta Cone
10-26-2016, 01:35 AM
I would just like to remind everyone that the last time the Cubs lost a game 6-0, they came back to win the next three easily.

So what? The last time the Indians won a game 6-0, they won the next four.

olddaddy
10-26-2016, 01:37 AM
This was the first World Series loss by a Chicago team in 57 years!

Whosonfirst
10-26-2016, 10:42 AM
Corey Kluber's stuff was pretty good. Batters were missing the ball by six inches. Got some help with outside and low calls, but umpire was consistent for both teams.(edit): wanted to add that Kluber was channeling Bob Feller with his pitching. Feller was one of my pitching idols as a boy, even though I was a Yankee fan back then.

Tor Ekman
10-26-2016, 10:44 AM
1 down, 3 to go . . . "F" the Cubs

ElKabong
10-26-2016, 10:49 AM
Watching Kluber last night shows you how far the game has advanced. Bob Gibson in the mid 60s was dominant. His starts in the 1967, 1968 World Series were off the charts for that era

Yet when you see the old replays on MLB TV, his stuff is nowhere near what I saw last night

Hitting too... Today's hitters are far more advanced today in technique.

Steve 'StatMan'
10-27-2016, 12:33 AM
24 hours and one game later, the Cubs learned what they needed, made their adjustments, and Arrieta, Montgomery and Chapman all pitched well enough and the series is tied again 1-1. I know I wasn't concerned after Game 1 and there won't be concerned unless they lose a 2nd game, and will only worry if they ever get to 3 losses.

HoofedInTheChest
10-27-2016, 07:53 AM
It will be a different story on short rest, he's slated to start on Saturday on 3 days rest. It was the same scenario in the ALCS, and he wasn't all that effective in his second start, not to mention the Cubs will have another look.

Cleveland gave up 8 walks last night, you won't win many games with that many base on balls, they were fortunate to hold the Cubs to 5 runs. Bauer threw 87 pitches over 3 2/3 innings, not a very efficient outing on his part. Fortunately for Cleveland it's a travel day today after using 6 relievers last night.

thaskalos
10-27-2016, 03:02 PM
It will be a different story on short rest, he's slated to start on Saturday on 3 days rest. It was the same scenario in the ALCS, and he wasn't all that effective in his second start, not to mention the Cubs will have another look.

Cleveland gave up 8 walks last night, you won't win many games with that many base on balls, they were fortunate to hold the Cubs to 5 runs. Bauer threw 87 pitches over 3 2/3 innings, not a very efficient outing on his part. Fortunately for Cleveland it's a travel day today after using 6 relievers last night.

Bauer had a stitched-up pinky finger of his throwing hand -- a wound that was bleeding profusely when he tried to pitch last time. I expect him to be a lot better next time around. I also saw Salazar throw the ball 97 miles an hour last night...and I think that he too could be a major factor before this is all said and done. That's why I question Francona's decision to keep starting Kluber on short rest.

Unless Kyle Hendricks is the reincarnation of Maddox...this series looks very competitive, even with Kluber starting on normal rest.

Valuist
10-27-2016, 06:13 PM
Watching Kluber last night shows you how far the game has advanced. Bob Gibson in the mid 60s was dominant. His starts in the 1967, 1968 World Series were off the charts for that era

Yet when you see the old replays on MLB TV, his stuff is nowhere near what I saw last night

Hitting too... Today's hitters are far more advanced today in technique.

I disagree re: hitters. Too many only know one way to hit: just swing for the fences. Blame this on the steroid era and ESPN for only showing HRs on highlights. So few hitters know how to situationally hit, or make adjustments within a given at bat. Rizzo is one of the rare guys who actually will choke up with two strikes.

Valuist
10-27-2016, 06:18 PM
Key to game 3: the Cubs are at their best against pitchers who have a little trouble finding the strike zone (like Bauer) and grinding away. Tomlin may not be Kluber, but he never issues walks. The Cubs will have to take the approach they took against Kershaw the second time they faced him: be aggressive early. The first time they took too many pitches, and would up behind too often. The second thing is Tomlin is a flyballer and that is a good thing at Wrigley in cool weather, in which the wind is likely coming from the north or northeast. The last thing is Schwarber, who clearly can still hit, but was a liability in the field when he was healthy. His prep to try to get on the WS roster was strictly hitting. He has yet to be cleared to play in the field. Leave him for a high leverage pinch hitting situation. I think the chance of a one run game is very high. Minus 190 is too steep to lay. Play under at 7 or 7 1/2. At 6 1/2 I pass on the total.

HoofedInTheChest
10-27-2016, 07:06 PM
I think the chance of a one run game is very high. Minus 190 is too steep to lay. Play under at 7 or 7 1/2. At 6 1/2 I pass on the total.
I'm getting +8.0.

I'll take your advice and play the under...... If you're wrong, my boy knuckles will be paying you a visit. ;)

It was just announced that Schwarber doesn't have medical clearence to play the field.

Valuist
10-27-2016, 07:44 PM
I'm getting +8.0.

I'll take your advice and play the under...... If you're wrong, my boy knuckles will be paying you a visit. ;)

It was just announced that Schwarber doesn't have medical clearence to play the field.

I hate to say it now, but now I see the weather is expected to be blowing OUT around 15 MPH. Temps in the low 60s. If the wind was blowing in, I was considering Cleveland on run line. But with it likely blowing out, that could very well be tough for Tomlin. This is not expected as the southerly and southwesterly winds usually occur between Memorial Day and Labor Day. But the fact a night game in late October will be played in low 60 degree temps and not mid 40s is pretty good evidence the wind won't be from the north.

The saving grace for you could be Andrew Miller is 100% rested, and if its tied, or the Indians are ahead at all, he could pitch multiple innings. And one other thing, the new signage at Wrigley has effected the wind currents within the stadium. Wind blowing out doesn't automatically mean a high scoring game. And Kyle Hendricks is a ground baller, so the wind doesn't figure to matter much to him. He's in great form, and beating Kershaw in the NLCS finale showed the big stage didn't intimidate him.

olddaddy
10-27-2016, 10:21 PM

And they would be wrong again.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/ct-cubs-white-sox-world-series-ratings-spt-1028-20161027-story.html

Valuist
10-28-2016, 12:26 AM
And they would be wrong again.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/ct-cubs-white-sox-world-series-ratings-spt-1028-20161027-story.html

Not a good comp. Game 2 started at 4 pm on the West Coast/5 Mountain. They were forced to move up the game.

olddaddy
10-28-2016, 09:47 AM
Not a good comp. Game 2 started at 4 pm on the West Coast/5 Mountain. They were forced to move up the game.

These were chicago ratings not nationwide. But one has to realize that nielson ratings dont take into account for streaming which wasnt around in 05. My point was that chicago did watch the 05 series, at least the 1st 2 games then maybe not. Fans like watching competitive sports. ;)

ElKabong
10-29-2016, 01:19 AM
Great game tonight. Going to be a great series

barahona44
10-29-2016, 02:32 AM
Why do I get the feeling that the Indians, and not the Cubs, are the team of destiny here?

Best record in baseball have only won 4 of the last 26 world series.Methinks that streak will continue.

thaskalos
10-29-2016, 03:56 AM
Why do I get the feeling that the Indians, and not the Cubs, are the team of destiny here?

Best record in baseball have only won 4 of the last 26 world series.Methinks that streak will continue.

The Cubs are looking terrible at the plate...and I don't see this trend reversing in time to avert defeat in this series. First WS game at the "friendly confines" in 71 years, and this is the way the team responds...with the wind howling out at 30 miles per hour? If they can't hit Tomlin...how do they hit Kluber?

I thought Heyward was the worst...until I saw Soler. Unbelievable...

jk3521
10-29-2016, 07:18 AM
Unorthodox style of managing by Maddon back-firing on him.

mostpost
10-29-2016, 01:26 PM
Clever idea by a a Cub fan, and he pulls it off pretty well.
http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2016/10/29/207515006/cubs-fan-comes-to-world-series-game-3-as-teddy-roosevelt

mostpost
10-29-2016, 02:32 PM
The Cubs are looking terrible at the plate...and I don't see this trend reversing in time to avert defeat in this series. First WS game at the "friendly confines" in 71 years, and this is the way the team responds...with the wind howling out at 30 miles per hour? If they can't hit Tomlin...how do they hit Kluber?

I thought Heyward was the worst...until I saw Soler. Unbelievable...
Keep the faith. The Cubs were shut out two games in a row against the Dodgers, then scored 23 runs in the next three games to win that series. They need to win three out of four to win the World Series. Seventeen times this year they have won three or more in a row.

The Cubs were shut out by Kershaw, then scored five runs in five innings against him the next time out. Kluber is good but he is no Kershaw.

thaskalos
10-29-2016, 04:27 PM
Keep the faith. The Cubs were shut out two games in a row against the Dodgers, then scored 23 runs in the next three games to win that series. They need to win three out of four to win the World Series. Seventeen times this year they have won three or more in a row.

The Cubs were shut out by Kershaw, then scored five runs in five innings against him the next time out. Kluber is good but he is no Kershaw.

I'm a life-long Cub fan...so, I guess it's natural for me to expect the worst at the most crucial time. When I see Montero pinch-hitting against Andrew Miller, and Heyward pinch-hitting with 2 outs and a man on second in the bottom of the 9th, against Allen...yes, my "faith" reaches its low-point.

What the heck happened to Baez...what's he swinging at?

mostpost
10-29-2016, 04:47 PM
I'm a life-long Cub fan...so, I guess it's natural for me to expect the worst at the most crucial time. When I see Montero pinch-hitting against Andrew Miller, and Heyward pinch-hitting with 2 outs and a man on second in the bottom of the 9th, against Allen...yes, my "faith" reaches its low-point.

What the heck happened to Baez...what's he swinging at?
Those are excellent points.

HoofedInTheChest
10-29-2016, 05:48 PM
I hate to say it now, but now I see the weather is expected to be blowing OUT around 15 MPH. Temps in the low 60s. If the wind was blowing in, I was considering Cleveland on run line. But with it likely blowing out, that could very well be tough for Tomlin. This is not expected as the southerly and southwesterly winds usually occur between Memorial Day and Labor Day. But the fact a night game in late October will be played in low 60 degree temps and not mid 40s is pretty good evidence the wind won't be from the north.

The saving grace for you could be Andrew Miller is 100% rested, and if its tied, or the Indians are ahead at all, he could pitch multiple innings. And one other thing, the new signage at Wrigley has effected the wind currents within the stadium. Wind blowing out doesn't automatically mean a high scoring game. And Kyle Hendricks is a ground baller, so the wind doesn't figure to matter much to him. He's in great form, and beating Kershaw in the NLCS finale showed the big stage didn't intimidate him.
One thing horse racing has taught me, is to not deviate from your original analysis. As it turns out, you were right about the run line, except the wrong team won.

I like the Cubs tonight with Kluber returning on short rest. Much like the Jays, the Cubs will have a better outcome the second time around. They really need to get to Kluber early seeing that Miller only threw 17 pitches last night.

I'm not so sure about the run line tonight with Lackey pitching, so i will stick with the moneyline on the Cubs.

thaskalos
10-29-2016, 09:44 PM
It's painful to watch Baez at the plate.

thaskalos
10-29-2016, 10:13 PM
The Cubs' bats are silent...and it's getting close to Miller time.

horses4courses
10-29-2016, 10:20 PM
The Cubs' bats are silent...and it's getting close to Miller time.

Hard to believe.
You have to hand it Cleveland so far, though.
That is one fine pitching staff.

barahona44
10-29-2016, 10:42 PM
Hard to believe.
You have to hand it Cleveland so far, though.
That is one fine pitching staff.
Who have their # 2 starter (Carlos Carrasco) on the disabled list and their #3 starter,Danny Salazar in the bullpen because he is on a pitch limit as he rehabs from injury.

thaskalos
10-29-2016, 11:09 PM
I don't think the Cleveland pitching was the key factor these last two games. Kluber didn't have his best stuff tonight, and the home plate umpire didn't do him any favors. And Tomlin was his usual average self. The Cubs hitters have self-destructed, and it is a sad spectacle for their fans to see...for the second year in a row.

To lose is one thing...but to choke to this extent is unexplainable.

Jess Hawsen Arown
10-30-2016, 10:08 AM
I don't think the Cleveland pitching was the key factor these last two games. Kluber didn't have his best stuff tonight, and the home plate umpire didn't do him any favors. And Tomlin was his usual average self. The Cubs hitters have self-destructed, and it is a sad spectacle for their fans to see...for the second year in a row.

Maddon had some "bulletin board" fuel for the Indians by bad mouthing their pitching for the next three games.

The Cubs have been playing up to their history of choking. Different players -- same lundry. It aint over 'til its over, but they ARE the Cubs.

Tor Ekman
10-30-2016, 12:28 PM
Maddon had some "bulletin board" fuel for the Indians by bad mouthing their pitching for the next three games.

The Cubs have been playing up to their history of choking. Different players -- same lundry. It aint over 'til its over, but they ARE the Cubs.
Asinine statement by so-called genius Maddon, will be fitting karma payback if the drone boy is able to pitch well enough to get the ball to the Indians' shutdown pen with lead to close out the small bears. GO TRIBE!!!

Secondbest
10-30-2016, 01:41 PM
You could make a diamond out of coal with pressure on the cubs tonight.

barahona44
10-30-2016, 06:10 PM
Franconia managed the game last night like it was Game 7.I guess he was thinking ahead since Lester will be going up against Bauer and the last 2 games at home, he could afford to lose Game 5.I think he'll only use Miller in a LOOGY situation, snice Allen didn't pitch last night and the rest of the bullpen is rested.

Btw, teams down 3-1 in the series are 5-41 in coming back and winning it all.And teams leading 3-1 win Game 5 almost half the time.

Sorry, Cubs fans.

thaskalos
10-30-2016, 07:40 PM
Franconia managed the game last night like it was Game 7.I guess he was thinking ahead since Lester will be going up against Bauer and the last 2 games at home, he could afford to lose Game 5.I think he'll only use Miller in a LOOGY situation, snice Allen didn't pitch last night and the rest of the bullpen is rested.

Btw, teams down 3-1 in the series are 5-41 in coming back and winning it all. And teams leading 3-1 win Game 5 almost half the time.

Sorry, Cubs fans.

With Lester and Arrieta matched up against Bauer and Tomlin...I give the Cubs a 40% chance to push this series to a game 7. And then...the match-up between Hendricks and a tired Kluber seems a virtual toss-up to me. So...I make the Cubs 4-1 right now to win the WS...which, coincidentally, are about the same odds that Trump has to win the presidency. :)

ReplayRandall
10-31-2016, 01:22 AM
I believe if the Cubs win game 6, they'll go on and win Game 7 for the Title. It's do or die for the Indians in game 6 if they're going to be WS Champs....

burnsy
10-31-2016, 09:34 AM

Very accurate, they have struggled to score through this entire post season. Not just vs. Cleveland, a team you can't screw around with, obviously. Last night they got 3 and were lucky Cleveland only scored 2. For a team that scores a lot they are hurting and need to turn things around by tomorrow. They leave runners hanging around all the time. Vast improvement is necessary.

barahona44
10-31-2016, 12:17 PM
Very accurate, they have struggled to score through this entire post season. Not just vs. Cleveland, a team you can't screw around with, obviously. Last night they got 3 and were lucky Cleveland only scored 2. For a team that scores a lot they are hurting and need to turn things around by tomorrow. They leave runners hanging around all the time. Vast improvement is necessary.
A truism of baseball is that good pitching will always be more reliable than good hitting.

burnsy
10-31-2016, 02:40 PM
A truism of baseball is that good pitching will always be more reliable than good hitting.

It is a truism. Agreed, just like most other sports including football, a great defense usually stomps the offensive team. But the media and most fans favor the high scoring power. This team scores in bunches which made them the big favorite. They have had a couple of big games but overall the pitching is trumping there scoring power....they really need to break out in order to win this thing.

You are correct, defense/pitching is more reliable in most scenarios.

thaskalos
10-31-2016, 03:46 PM

But the Cubs are supposed to have the edge in the pitching department too. The Lester-Arrieta-Hendricks-Lackey rotation easily trumps their Kluber-Bauer-Tomlin-tired Kluber counterparts. NO?

Secondbest
10-31-2016, 05:15 PM
But the Cubs are supposed to have the edge in the pitching department too. The Lester-Arrieta-Hendricks-Lackey rotation easily trumps their Kluber-Bauer-Tomlin-tired Kluber counterparts. NO?
Yes. But starting pitching isn't What it used to be.Indians have The edge in the bullpen with Miller -Adams etc.

thaskalos
11-01-2016, 10:53 PM
Could Maddon really be this petrified of the Indians, that he brings his closer in the 7th inning AGAIN...even though the Cubs have a 5-run lead?

Why not save your closer for game 7? Absolutely MORONIC!!! :bang:

cj
11-01-2016, 11:31 PM
Could Maddon really be this petrified of the Indians, that he brings his closer in the 7th inning AGAIN...even though the Cubs have a 5-run lead?

Why not save your closer for game 7? Absolutely MORONIC!!! :bang:

They will win in spite of Maddon, not because of him.

thaskalos
11-01-2016, 11:35 PM
They will win in spite of Maddon, not because of him.

If Rizzo doesn't hit the 9th inning homer...then Maddon sends Chapman out to finish the game. Pathetic bullpen management...as it has been all season long. :ThmbDown:

thaskalos
11-01-2016, 11:37 PM
And now, to show us what a "thinker" he is...Maddon changes pitchers with one out to go in the game. :ThmbUp:

VigorsTheGrey
11-01-2016, 11:46 PM
And now, to show us what a "thinker" he is...Maddon changes pitchers with one out to go in the game. :ThmbUp:
So does that mean the closer can still close next game 7?

thaskalos
11-01-2016, 11:52 PM
So does that mean the closer can still close next game 7?

Who knows how effective Chapman will be...after throwing 65 pitches in the last two games.

Steve 'StatMan'
11-02-2016, 02:30 AM
Who knows how effective Chapman will be...after throwing 65 pitches in the last two games.

Well, over 3 days. I think maybe 19 of those were tonight/last night.

2 runners were on when they brought him in in the 7th. I thought he might use him just to finish the inning with no more damage. But I thought it was crazy to bring him back in the 8th. The 9th, that was pushing it in my mind. But with Strop giving up a hit, no need to see if others can hit him tonight, brought in Wood, got the Double Play thankfully. Only 1 game left in the season tomorrow(tonight) so let it all hang out. But yeah, I wince sometimes too.

thaskalos
11-02-2016, 02:58 AM
Well, over 3 days. I think maybe 19 of those were tonight/last night.

2 runners were on when they brought him in in the 7th. I thought he might use him just to finish the inning with no more damage. But I thought it was crazy to bring him back in the 8th. The 9th, that was pushing it in my mind. But with Strop giving up a hit, no need to see if others can hit him tonight, brought in Wood, got the Double Play thankfully. Only 1 game left in the season tomorrow(tonight) so let it all hang out. But yeah, I wince sometimes too.

You have men on first and second in the 7th...with two outs and a 5-run lead. God help us if we don't have another reliever to depend on to get the final out in that situation, in order to avoid having to bring in our star closer in the 7th inning...with a game 7 upcoming. When asked why Chapman was sent back in to pitch the 8th inning...Maddon made the absurd argument that the game's outcome was somehow still "in doubt"...even with the late 5-run lead.

What message does it send to the rest of the bullpen...when the manager shows that he only trusts Chapman in a situation such as that? If he distrusts Rondon that much...then why put him on the playoff roster to begin with? He takes out Strop, and brings in Wood to get the final out of the game. Was that because he felt there was a chance that Strop would have given up 6 more runs...before getting that final out?

Maddon doesn't DESERVE a team like the Cubs...IMO.

OTM Al
11-02-2016, 09:06 AM
There was a day off in between and his stats have shown him to be better on 2nd game with no rest than in a game with rest. There is nothing to save him for anymore and he likely will not be back with the club so use every last ounce you can get from him.

thaskalos
11-02-2016, 02:19 PM
There was a day off in between and his stats have shown him to be better on 2nd game with no rest than in a game with rest. There is nothing to save him for anymore and he likely will not be back with the club so use every last ounce you can get from him.
IMO...the rest of the bullpen deserves to take part in this too...especially when the team holds a large lead in the 8th inning. A good "field general" doesn't openly display total distrust for the rest of his bullpen at such a critical stage...while stroking the head of a late acquisition...who won't be back with the team next year.

And all along...it's been reported that "player relations" is where Maddon shines. :confused:

OTM Al
11-02-2016, 02:26 PM
IMO...the rest of the bullpen deserves to take part in this too...especially when the team holds a large lead in the 8th inning. A good "field general" doesn't openly display total distrust for the rest of his bullpen at such a critical stage...while stroking the head of a late acquisition...who won't be back with the team next year.

And all along...it's been reported that "player relations" is where Maddon shines. :confused:
I don't think player relations will be any problem if they win. "Deserves" is for kids leagues that get participation trophies. He's dealing with the weight of much more than a whole city and isn't taking chances. I don't blame him at all and won't even if in the end it doesn't work. Runs can go on the board very quickly in that stadium. I still remember Mariano Rivera getting burned there by Sandy Alomar in 1997.

thaskalos
11-02-2016, 02:37 PM
I don't think player relations will be any problem if they win. "Deserves" is for kids leagues that get participation trophies. He's dealing with the weight of much more than a whole city and isn't taking chances. I don't blame him at all and won't even if in the end it doesn't work. Runs can go on the board very quickly in that stadium. I still remember Mariano Rivera getting burned there by Sandy Alomar in 1997.

Come on Al. You are not exactly "taking chances" when you send out Rondon to pitch the 8th inning...with your team up 7-2. And you also are not "taking chances" when you allow Strop to finish the game with a 9-3 lead...instead of bringing in Wood for the final out. This is just "genius Maddon"...showing us what a "smart guy" he is.

He is acting as if he is Bobby Fischer out there...when the spotlight should be on the players...where it belongs. As a long-suffering, life-long Cubs fan...only 60% of me is with the Cubs tonight.

OTM Al
11-02-2016, 02:49 PM
Come on Al. You are not exactly "taking chances" when you send out Rondon to pitch the 8th inning...with your team up 7-2. And you also are not "taking chances" when you allow Strop to finish the game with a 9-3 lead...instead of bringing in Wood for the final out. This is just "genius Maddon"...showing us what a "smart guy" he is.

He is acting as if he is Bobby Fischer out there...when the spotlight should be on the players...where it belongs. As a long-suffering, life-long Cubs fan...only 60% of me is with the Cubs tonight.
He's the same guy that got Tampa, the worst team in the league for a very long time, into a WS. He is an excellent manager. Much of the league is copying things that he brought back into the game. So maybe he is going too far but would you rather have Buck Showalter who didn't use his big gun and just never seems to get there? They will be fine.

mostpost
11-02-2016, 03:56 PM
All this stuff about overusing Chapman is just looking for trouble where there is none. He had three consecutive games off before he threw 23 pitches in game 2 of the World Series. Then he had a day off for the travel day and threw 17 pitches in Game 3. After another day off in Game 4, he threw 42 in game 5. (he was still throwing 100+MPH at the end. After another travel day, he threw 20 last night.

So all together, Chapman has thrown 102 pitches in seven days with a day off between each appearance. A typical winning starter will throw 85-100 pitches and will do it twice in the same period.

I think that Chapman's workload over the past week will not have a deleterious effect on him and will have him very sharp for tonight's game.

Valuist
11-02-2016, 05:08 PM
All this stuff about overusing Chapman is just looking for trouble where there is none. He had three consecutive games off before he threw 23 pitches in game 2 of the World Series. Then he had a day off for the travel day and threw 17 pitches in Game 3. After another day off in Game 4, he threw 42 in game 5. (he was still throwing 100+MPH at the end. After another travel day, he threw 20 last night.

So all together, Chapman has thrown 102 pitches in seven days with a day off between each appearance. A typical winning starter will throw 85-100 pitches and will do it twice in the same period.

I think that Chapman's workload over the past week will not have a deleterious effect on him and will have him very sharp for tonight's game.

62 pitches since Sunday is a lot for a reliever. He's used to pitching one inning. The hope was that you could get 2 or 2 2/3 innings tonight. That is now off the table.

Can we even count his pitches the same as others? He clearly throws harder than anyone. The move last night by Maddon was unexplainable, unnecessary, and likely will limit Chapman's availability to one inning. Should the bullpen implode tonight, Maddon will not live this move down.

Maximillion
11-02-2016, 05:15 PM
I think he simply feared the long ball in that situation....he even touched on it in his comments after the game.He wanted AC out there because he's real good at not giving up home runs.
Whats interesting is that the intent would appear to have Chapman finish the game...it could have been a LOT of pitches for him if thats the case.Then Rizzo hits the HR and its all good.

Valuist
11-02-2016, 05:47 PM
Interesting article on Fangraphs regarding the decision:

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/aroldis-chapman-and-the-cost-of-risk-aversion/

MutuelClerk
11-02-2016, 06:54 PM
I find both fan bases pretty close to deplorable along with the coverage. Last time I was at Wrigley was 2006. I was there for the Tiger series. I think it was three years earlier the Tigers lost 119 games. The first year of Leyland 2006 we made the WS. Cub fans were happy for us, I would ask what about you guys? The answer was pretty much the same. Ohhhh, poor us were the Cubs we'll never win. Wanna take a picture? It was like don't pity us we suck, now it seems Cub fans have a sense of entitlement. The Cubs have great young players and when or if they ever win I hope they become like the Red Sox eventually pretty much hated.

The Tribe, I was at Cedar Point in July ( amusement park in Ohio, if you like roller coasters, GO) I saw tons of shirts after the Cavs won. Cleveland the City of Champions. Huh? One title in 50 some years and you're the city of champions? Hmmm, ok. I've been to that stadium many times and the people there were pretty damn rude. The Tribe also has good young players and they were the reason the Tigers didn't make the playoffs. They crushed us in the season series fair and square.

I'm rooting for two things tonight. The first Ricky Vaughn to throw out the first pitch. Best baseball movie ever and the only time I ever rooted for Cleveland. The second is I hope it rains for 2-3 days around the fifth inning or so and makes both these starved franchises wait even longer for a WS.

Joe Buck is terrible.....

thaskalos
11-02-2016, 07:52 PM
The Cubs will have to be 20% better than the Indians tonight...in order to overcome their managerial deficiency.

Steve 'StatMan'
11-02-2016, 08:05 PM
LEAD OFF HOME RUN DEXTER FOWLER!

MutuelClerk
11-02-2016, 08:57 PM
After being 28th in attendance with a really good team I'm surprised the Indians sold out tonight. LeBron should have a Yankee shirt on. Isn't that his favorite team?

AxleLode
11-02-2016, 09:37 PM
It's painful to watch Baez at the plate.
What!!!!!!!!!!

EasyGoer89
11-02-2016, 09:46 PM
WOW CUBBIES GONNA WIN THE SERIES@!!! AMAZING.

ReplayRandall
11-02-2016, 10:01 PM
WOW CUBBIES GONNA WIN THE SERIES@!!! AMAZING.

And the floodgates begin to open, without a ball hit past the pitcher's mound....Wow.

thaskalos
11-02-2016, 10:11 PM
Leave it to Joe Maddon to turn a runaway victory into a photo finish.

Maximillion
11-02-2016, 10:13 PM
The Cubs will have to be 20% better than the Indians tonight...in order to overcome their managerial deficiency.

Its almost scary how prophetic this may turn out to be. :)

thaskalos
11-02-2016, 10:47 PM
Lester can't throw to second either?

cj
11-02-2016, 11:15 PM
Oh Joe, say it ain't so.

Parkview_Pirate
11-02-2016, 11:15 PM

:D

The new Bartman.

barahona44
11-02-2016, 11:16 PM
Was that a car backfiring or Maddon's use of Chapman?

MutuelClerk
11-02-2016, 11:20 PM
Rain.

Please.

thaskalos
11-02-2016, 11:21 PM
I should be coaching the Cubs...and Maddon should be at the racetrack.

thaskalos
11-02-2016, 11:35 PM
Only a rain delay can get Chapman out of the game in the 9th.

thaskalos
11-02-2016, 11:43 PM
A safety squeeze with 2 strikes...and only one out. :faint:

barahona44
11-02-2016, 11:45 PM
Lindor just saved Chief Wahoo's bacon.
And Chapman's coming out for the ninth?
Wonder if Maddon has some dinero down on the Indians

ElKabong
11-02-2016, 11:47 PM
Well, looks like I'm not getting a full nights sleep tonight for work...

Damn, what a game.

ReplayRandall
Maddon calls for suicide squeeze bunt with a full-count?....Wow....And fails...:ThmbDown:

EasyGoer89
Lindor just saved Chief Wahoo's bacon.
And Chapman's coming out for the ninth?
Wonder if Maddon has some dinero down on the Indians
I just texted a friend and said is Maddon trying to lose on purpose?

barahona44
11-02-2016, 11:48 PM
A safety squeeze with 2 strikes...and only one out. :faint:
Maddon's a proud graduate of the Buck Showalter School of Baseball Managing.

MutuelClerk
11-02-2016, 11:54 PM
Indians need Ricky Vaughn. Remember when Jack Morris pitched a TEN inning shutout in Game 7? But he's not good enough for the HOF...hahaha

thaskalos
11-02-2016, 11:55 PM
Maddon's a proud graduate of the Buck Showalter School of Baseball Managing.

Are you sure he GRADUATED?

barahona44
11-02-2016, 11:58 PM
Rain.

Please.
Your lips to God's ears. :)

MutuelClerk
11-03-2016, 12:00 AM
Three days of rain would be great.

Zaf
11-03-2016, 12:19 AM
Epic World Series !!! WOW

Z

thaskalos
11-03-2016, 12:24 AM
Not even MADDON could beat the Cubs tonight!

manuelinbmw
11-03-2016, 12:25 AM
Cubs by two in the 10th. I think they got it.

ElKabong
11-03-2016, 12:26 AM
Potential game winning rbi driven in by an ex Dallas baptist Univ player

Four games in this series were won by starting pitchers produced by Dallas area high schools.

I'll tell ya who's cursed.. The Rangers :cool:

ReplayRandall
11-03-2016, 12:29 AM
A couple of beat-up bullpens trying their best to stop the bleeding.....Who will remain standing? Still a long way to go...

manuelinbmw
11-03-2016, 12:38 AM
Cubs pitcher looks legit.

ElKabong
11-03-2016, 12:45 AM
Not making this easy, are they...

Still think the cubbies pull this out somehow

VigorsTheGrey
11-03-2016, 12:50 AM
Congrats to the Cubs! Wishing all the fans the best!

barahona44
11-03-2016, 12:50 AM
As a Red Sox fan who enjoyed 2004, Cubs fans, enjoy your championship.

Zaf
11-03-2016, 01:03 AM
Congrats Chi Town :ThmbUp:

Z

EasyGoer89
11-03-2016, 01:06 AM
#freebartman

CincyHorseplayer
11-03-2016, 01:07 AM
Man in Cincinnati we have seen Chapman wear out with over work and stats don't say it. He melted down and the Cubs still won. Nicely done!

JustRalph
11-03-2016, 01:23 AM
What does this make Epstein?

thaskalos
11-03-2016, 01:28 AM
What does this make Epstein?

The 2020 president of the United States?

CincyHorseplayer
11-03-2016, 01:58 AM
It will feel bad today but great tomorrow in Cleveland. Salazar and Carrasco healthy they rub these butts out!

Since they are in my division I hate to see it but have admired how the Cubs have gotten it together and dominantly by losing and trades. Bryant looking at his minor league stats the last few years before the callup. He has not tapped his potential. Kid will be a perennial superstar.

Anyway Cleveland this postseason blew me away. They were #1 story in a great postseason.

Last game. Will miss it. Redsfest in December. Will be there!

thaskalos
11-03-2016, 02:12 AM
IMO...no Cub stood taller than the starting pitcher Kyle Hendricks tonight. He settled down nicely after giving up some hard-hit balls early on...and had the Indians on their heels for the last couple of innings that he pitched in. A young guy, who appeared to have pitched beyond his talent this year...he was unflappable on the sport's biggest stage...and proved, to me at least, that he will be a force to be reckoned with for many years to come.

My hat is off to Hendricks tonight...for his awesome performance this season, and postseason. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

CincyHorseplayer
11-03-2016, 02:20 AM
IMO...no Cub stood taller than the starting pitcher Kyle Hendricks tonight. He settled down nicely after giving up some hard-hit balls early on...and had the Indians on their heels for the last couple of innings that he pitched in. A young guy, who appeared to have pitched beyond his talent this year...he was unflappable on the sport's biggest stage...and proved, to me at least, that he will be a force to be reckoned with for many years to come.

My hat is off to Hendricks tonight...for his awesome performance this season, and postseason. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Was great all year. And that yacker he had curveball had the Indians absolutely reeling. I would have left him in til 100 pitches at least. What Thask wasn't he a 2.63 ERA leader of baseball? Not looking it up while thinking out loud. Anywayy good call. The Cubs got 5 runs of Kluber and Miller=they deserved this win. Cleveland losing 3 in a row kills! We did the same here in 2012!

thaskalos
11-03-2016, 02:28 AM
Was great all year. And that yacker he had curveball had the Indians absolutely reeling. I would have left him in til 100 pitches at least. What Thask wasn't he a 2.63 ERA leader of baseball? Not looking it up while thinking out loud. Anywayy good call. The Cubs got 5 runs of Kluber and Miller=they deserved this win. Cleveland losing 3 in a row kills! We did the same here in 2012!

2.13 ERA for Hendricks this year...best in the Bigs. And as nice and humble as they come. :ThmbUp:

He should have pitched longer tonight. The walk to Santana that ended his night was an obvious strikeout on that 2-2 pitch...which the ump shockingly called a ball.

CincyHorseplayer
11-03-2016, 03:29 AM
2.13 ERA for Hendricks this year...best in the Bigs. And as nice and humble as they come. :ThmbUp:

He should have pitched longer tonight. The walk to Santana that ended his night was an obvious strikeout on that 2-2 pitch...which the ump shockingly called a ball.

2.13 ERA. That is impressive. I knew about him because I didn't have him on my fantasy. Looking at him he was the forgotten man. I would have stuck with him all night. It would not have been close. They won anyway! Anyway you are Chico ain't ya? Fire up the grill and crack the kegs bro! Then read a little Gurdjieff or Nietschze "what is noble" in the morning! Cheers brother. Tomorrow is an all day handicapping day. Loving it!

jk3521
11-03-2016, 07:24 AM
Cubs win despite Joe Maddon and his managing during this series.

MutuelClerk
11-03-2016, 09:51 AM
Good thing the NBA rigged the finals in Cleveland's favor. If not the " City of Champion" would really be in a foul mood. Both managers pretty overrated.

MutuelClerk
11-03-2016, 09:53 AM
Cy Hendricks. Outstanding season.

kingfin66
11-03-2016, 10:06 AM

And he is usually good for a more than solid 6 innings before they need to get him and let the bullpen close it out. Why Maddon pulled him after 4 2/3 and a walk (the batter should have had called third strike) and just 63 pitches is a mystery.

barahona44
11-03-2016, 10:14 AM
#freebartman
Have Bartman throw out the first pitch on Opening Day (accompanied by a goat :) ).When the Red Sox had Buckner throw out the first pitch on Opening Day after they won the WS, he got a standing ovation.

Winning breeds forgiveness.

Valuist
11-03-2016, 11:50 AM

It was absolutely Maddon-ing. His decision to use Chapman in game 6 for 20 pitches came back to bite him. He took Hendricks out way too early, forcing his hand. Arguably, he could've left Lester in a bit longer. Bunting with Baez on a 3-2 count? And on and on we go. But what a group of players to overcome all of that.

LottaKash
11-03-2016, 12:32 PM
Good series ending game... The only game, I personally enjoyed..

But, it seems that today's players, are more error prone, and seem to spit a whole lot more...

olddaddy
11-03-2016, 01:54 PM

Making the wrong moves at the right time throughout the series. The man is blessed.

thaskalos
11-03-2016, 02:00 PM
Making the wrong moves at the right time throughout the series. The man is blessed.

Yes. The man has been blessed with a generous owner...unlike every other Cub manager who preceded him.

olddaddy
11-03-2016, 03:21 PM
Yes. The man has been blessed with a generous owner...unlike every other Cub manager who preceded him.

Generous may be the wrong word, considering Baker and Piniella were also well compensated by previous ownership's. Maybe what you meant to say was blessed with having a baseball and business smart owner.

thaskalos
11-03-2016, 03:30 PM
Generous may be the wrong word, considering Baker and Piniella were also well compensated by previous ownership's. Maybe what you meant to say was blessed with having a baseball and business smart owner.
I meant "generous"...as in spending money for things OTHER than a manager.

olddaddy
11-03-2016, 04:26 PM
I meant "generous"...as in spending money for things OTHER than a manager.

Its not the money that got them where they are, its the smarts.

thaskalos
11-03-2016, 04:52 PM
Its not the money that got them where they are, its the smarts.
The Cubs had a payroll of $177 million for their 25-man rotation in 2016...the 5th-highest such payroll in MLB. These are UNHEARD OF numbers for a Chicago Cubs team...and no other Cubs manager was afforded such luxury.

olddaddy
11-03-2016, 06:50 PM
The Cubs had a payroll of $177 million for their 25-man rotation in 2016...the 5th-highest such payroll in MLB. These are UNHEARD OF numbers for a Chicago Cubs team...and no other Cubs manager was afforded such luxury.

Not "UNHEARD" of at all, they were ranked 6th in 2011, 4th 2010, 3rd 2009, 5th in 2008 and 2007 and 6th in 2004 in league salaries.

These so called lovable losers were what they were because of lack ownership/management smarts, not lack of money.

CincyHorseplayer
11-03-2016, 07:20 PM
Have Bartman throw out the first pitch on Opening Day (accompanied by a goat :) ).When the Red Sox had Buckner throw out the first pitch on Opening Day after they won the WS, he got a standing ovation.

Winning breeds forgiveness.

Great idea! Love it.

CincyHorseplayer
11-03-2016, 07:23 PM
It was absolutely Maddon-ing. His decision to use Chapman in game 6 for 20 pitches came back to bite him. He took Hendricks out way too early, forcing his hand. Arguably, he could've left Lester in a bit longer. Bunting with Baez on a 3-2 count? And on and on we go. But what a group of players to overcome all of that.

Had all these thoughts too. Couldn't believe it! And they still won. And as a Reds fans with morons running the show it kills me. Cubs were our doormat in 2012. We shit the bed. They are creating dynasty shit, Kills me.

EasyGoer89
11-03-2016, 10:34 PM

Michael Kay called out joe Maddon and said they won despite him. You'll enjoy this podcast

http://m.espn.com/general/cast?id=2693958

jk3521
11-04-2016, 06:44 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/joe-maddon-choked-cost-cubs-world-series-article-1.2856951?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily%20Newsletter%202016-11-04&utm_term=DailyNewsletter

olddaddy
11-04-2016, 08:54 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/joe-maddon-choked-cost-cubs-world-series-article-1.2856951?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily%20Newsletter%202016-11-04&utm_term=DailyNewsletter

That article has extremely high praise for Renteria, I hope they are right.

thaskalos
11-04-2016, 09:37 AM

I suggested on July 30th that Joe Maddon was "Too smart for his own good". I even started a thread about it...right here on this board. :cool:

A baffling array of obvious mistakes by the supposed "genius". Maybe he'll eventually wake up and realize what sort of talent the Cubs have surrounded him with...and how lucky he is to be here. He gave Hendricks the early hook after only one questionable walk (it should have been a strikeout), but brought back his "beloved" Chapman to pitch the 9th, after Chapman allowed 3 runs in the 8th while recording only one out...even though Chapman was so spent that he threw 10 consecutive 88-MPH sliders during one stretch in the 9th inning.

Maddon was "maddening"...and it almost costed his team EVERYTHING.

olddaddy
11-04-2016, 10:42 AM
I suggested on July 30th that Joe Maddon was "Too smart for his own good". I even started a thread about it...right here on this board. :cool:

A baffling array of obvious mistakes by the supposed "genius". Maybe he'll eventually wake up and realize what sort of talent the Cubs have surrounded him with...and how lucky he is to be here. He gave Hendricks the early hook after only one questionable walk (it should have been a strikeout), but brought back his "beloved" Chapman to pitch the 9th, after Chapman allowed 3 runs in the 8th while recording only one out...even though Chapman was so spent that he threw 10 consecutive 88-MPH sliders during one stretch in the 9th inning.

Maddon was "maddening"...and it almost costed his team EVERYTHING.

And he will revered as a god forever, put everything he has done wrong behind you because it doesnt matter one lick now.

thaskalos
11-04-2016, 10:55 AM
And he will revered as a god forever, put everything he has done wrong behind you because it doesnt matter one lick now.
As you said already...some people are "blessed". :ThmbUp:

MutuelClerk
11-04-2016, 10:59 AM
When Maddon was with the Rays it seemed he was pretty inventive. Saber forward. They had a small payroll and he had to think outside the box. When he joined the Cubs and inherited a very young talented team and a GM/Owner willing to spend $$$$$ to improve. He stepped off the gas and was much more conservative. Pretty much push button do what everyone else does play not to lose. He will be revered now, now doubt. But he was a much better manager in Tampa Bay.

olddaddy
11-04-2016, 10:59 AM
As you said already...some people are "blessed". :ThmbUp:

Yes its a requisite for being a god.

FantasticDan
11-04-2016, 12:34 PM
nApTGkLd2hs

thaskalos
11-04-2016, 01:44 PM
nApTGkLd2hs

EPIC!! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Valuist
11-09-2016, 03:03 PM
Within one week, we saw one of the most dramatic game 7's ever, as well as a a monumental upset in the Presidential election; an event which several states couldn't be called until the middle of the night. Hard to imagine two more dramatic events on the biggest stages imaginable within such a short period of time. And that's not even factoring in Arrogate vs Chrome in the BC Classic. What a week.