View Full Version : Trickle Down Economics

Robert Fischer
10-21-2016, 11:51 AM
rainy fall day

sloppy tracks , off-the-turf, MTO main-track-only entries

post some value ideas for today's scenario

CptMisery
10-21-2016, 12:18 PM
The move off turf should make this race a little more interesting. Two-year-old maidens going a mile now on the dirt

Like :10: Seven Forty Seven & :5: Unmoored both 8/1 ML have a good chance to hit the board here and I'm not sure how the ML favorite :3: Shareholder Value will take to the surface change.

Robert Fischer
10-21-2016, 12:53 PM
good luck :ThmbUp:

race 4 Belmont :7: Hotfoot could be a value include

Race 4 today (positive trip note)
Hotfoot - "bumped, in-tight w/ rail"

This wasn't really significant to me on the turf, because horses like Piazza Del Campo have already shown they can press him into submission. However, with the race coming off-the-turf, Hotfoot could get a much cleaner trip. He's already been dismissed by most handicappers.

Lemon Drop Husker
10-21-2016, 01:28 PM
Freaking quagmire at Belmont.

Not much better at Keeneland, but at least it isn't still raining.:)

CptMisery
10-21-2016, 02:54 PM
Nice call on Hotfoot

Boris
10-21-2016, 03:05 PM
Getting the price I want on :5: I Got Cat Class at IND. 1 min to post so 10 minutes to bet.

Lemon Drop Husker
10-21-2016, 03:12 PM
Getting the price I want on :5: I Got Cat Class at IND. 1 min to post so 10 minutes to bet.

:lol: Sounds like Tampa Bay Downs. Don't even think about wagering till it is 0 MTP.

R5 Keeneland. Taking the :3: as the speed of the speed. More of a play against the :6: more than anything as Bridgmohan is on board and he has been simply awful this meet at Keeneland. :6: towers over this field from a Class and recent form standpoint, so 6/5 is deserving from that standpoint, but I'll play against the jock here.

I'll look to team the :3: up with the :1: who has really turned things around being in Hawley's barn and also the :2:. :2: Slan Abhaile has been dreadful in his last 2, and you have to be concerned about the form shift after leaving Maker's barn, but this gelding has fired big at Keeneland before and a change of scenery back here and on an off track could be the spark he needs.

Lemon Drop Husker
10-21-2016, 03:29 PM
:lol: Sounds like Tampa Bay Downs. Don't even think about wagering till it is 0 MTP.

R5 Keeneland. Taking the :3: as the speed of the speed. More of a play against the :6: more than anything as Bridgmohan is on board and he has been simply awful this meet at Keeneland. :6: towers over this field from a Class and recent form standpoint, so 6/5 is deserving from that standpoint, but I'll play against the jock here.

I'll look to team the :3: up with the :1: who has really turned things around being in Hawley's barn and also the :2:. :2: Slan Abhaile has been dreadful in his last 2, and you have to be concerned about the form shift after leaving Maker's barn, but this gelding has fired big at Keeneland before and a change of scenery back here and on an off track could be the spark he needs.

:3: W @12.20

Will never complain about a $12 winner. :ThmbUp: :1: just wasn't good enough and the :2: is in hole right now.:mad:

Nice ride by Borel on the :7:. Let the pace duel happen on a horse that looked completely up against it in here and nearly got him home. He hasn't been getting many good mounts, so maybe this will help a bit in that fashion.

FakeNameChanged
10-21-2016, 03:59 PM
good luck :ThmbUp:

race 4 Belmont :7: Hotfoot could be a value include

Race 4 today (positive trip note)
Hotfoot - "bumped, in-tight w/ rail"

This wasn't really significant to me on the turf, because horses like Piazza Del Campo have already shown they can press him into submission. However, with the race coming off-the-turf, Hotfoot could get a much cleaner trip. He's already been dismissed by most handicappers.
Good call on Hotfoot. He was my last play today leaving otb. I played him strictly on his tote anlys. 10-1 ML and first flash was 7-2 and his dbl and exacta odds abt half the fields ratio.
Got exact same thing with Bo Vuk in Lrl 4th race.

Lemon Drop Husker
10-21-2016, 04:51 PM
R8 Keeneland

:6: Nickel is the regally bred filly in here and hasn't really ran a bad race in her 1st 3 outings. Problem is, there aren't many excuses as to why she hasn't won yet and now gets Torres back in the irons who is winless at this meet. I'm not investing a plug nickel on the :6:.

Once you get past the :6:, the :7: is a bit interesting, but is a hanger. Thus I'm seeing some chaos in this race and will look to the :1: Chic Street who has needed this layoff and has been kicking down the barn and could sit a really good trip. And then I'll go to the outside with the :9: Buena Vida out of the Maker barn with Leparoux on board. This FTS could well be live today.

I'll dutch the :1::9: and then a :1::9:/:1::7::9: Ex

POST RACE: Well, if you are gonna miss, may as well miss big. :lol:

Lemon Drop Husker
10-21-2016, 05:29 PM
R10 Keeneland: G3 Pin Oak Valley View

Feature race, and it is a pretty good one.

:11: Azaelia towers over this field from a Class perspective in my opinion and is absolutley the one to beat. Another foreign shipper that should enjoy the soft turf is the :9: Quidura.

I'll simply box those two with the :13: Sky My Sky out of the Casse barn who hasn't been able to step in class as of late, but looks fabulous on the track. The other is :14: Linda who is in form, Scat Daddy on top, and with the switch to turf has woken up in her last two.

:9::11::13::14: Ex/Tri Box

The :6: is an interesting bomb in here.

Lemon Drop Husker
10-21-2016, 05:41 PM
R10 Keeneland: G3 Pin Oak Valley View

Feature race, and it is a pretty good one.

:11: Azaelia towers over this field from a Class perspective in my opinion and is absolutley the one to beat. Another foreign shipper that should enjoy the soft turf is the :9: Quidura.

I'll simply box those two with the :13: Sky My Sky out of the Casse barn who hasn't been able to step in class as of late, but looks fabulous on the track. The other is :14: Linda who is in form, Scat Daddy on top, and with the switch to turf has woken up in her last two.

:9::11::13::14: Ex/Tri Box

The :6: is an interesting bomb in here.

Hard to argue about a $105 Ex. :ThmbUp:

Robert Fischer
10-21-2016, 07:13 PM
Good capping Lemon Drop Husker