PDA

View Full Version : Cubs or Dodgers?

JustRalph
10-20-2016, 07:59 AM
Who you cheering for?

I hate the press.

Last night on all the channels they interviewed the members of the last Dodgers World Series Team...........

Not one from the Cubs last World Series Team..........

jk3521
10-20-2016, 08:37 AM
Though it would be great for Vin Scully to have the Dodgers win in his last year announcing, It's the "Cubbies" time.

jk3521
10-20-2016, 08:42 AM
:lol:

wisconsin
10-20-2016, 12:27 PM
They are back from the dead...facebook link 1908 Cubs

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10207283810484822&set=a.10202391637823563.1073741825.1571580857&type=3&theater

BELMONT 6-6-09
10-20-2016, 04:41 PM
Still haven't forgiven 'dem bums' from leaving Brooklyn!!!!!

Jess Hawsen Arown
10-21-2016, 09:42 AM
Who you cheering for?

I hate the press.

Last night on all the channels they interviewed the members of the last Dodgers World Series Team...........

Obviously they didn't try hard enough to find Cubs world series team members.

I just want the Cubs to keep their streak alive. Mocking the Cubs history of incompetence has been a lifetime of fun. It would be shame if it ends.

Hold, I just got a call back from Steve Bartman and we're making plans. "What was that, Steve? You bought a billy goat? I don't get it. How will that help?"

Did you guys see that Bartman special on ESPN? That show was priceless. It really helped define Cubs fans.

Jess Hawsen Arown
10-21-2016, 09:51 AM
Still haven't forgiven 'dem bums' from leaving Brooklyn!!!!!

You need to read, The Last Good Season by Michael Shapiro. It was the story of the 1956 (not 1955) Dodgers team. After reading it, I was forced to write to the author. In the book, he tried to paint O'Malley as a victim of circumstances and paint most of the blame on Robert Moses, the then Commissioner of Parks for NYC.

While the evil Moses does get his fair share of guilt, the bottom line is that he had no responsibility to care about the Dodgers or their fans. That was the job of Walter O'Malley. And Walter O'Malley stole a profit making franchise from the people of Brooklyn who loved that team more than life itself and shall forever remain the ultimate villain in the story.

BELMONT 6-6-09
10-21-2016, 04:32 PM
You need to read, The Last Good Season by Michael Shapiro. It was the story of the 1956 (not 1955) Dodgers team. After reading it, I was forced to write to the author. In the book, he tried to paint O'Malley as a victim of circumstances and paint most of the blame on Robert Moses, the then Commissioner of Parks for NYC.

While the evil Moses does get his fair share of guilt, the bottom line is that he had no responsibility to care about the Dodgers or their fans. That was the job of Walter O'Malley. And Walter O'Malley stole a profit making franchise from the people of Brooklyn who loved that team more than life itself and shall forever remain the ultimate villain in the story.

Thanks Jess I do appreciate it.

Steve 'StatMan'
10-22-2016, 10:59 PM
Cubs Win! Going to the World Series!

zico20
10-22-2016, 11:03 PM
Cubs Win! Going to the World Series!

ANY team can have a bad century! :lol: Too bad it could not have been another century.

Steve 'StatMan'
10-22-2016, 11:13 PM
Not quite as much fun without playing (and beating) the Cardinals, but it's mighty damn fun anyway! ;)

Valuist
10-23-2016, 12:37 AM
ANY team can have a bad century! :lol: Too bad it could not have been another century.

Sounds like a bitter Cardinals fan.

What do I say to Cardinals fans? I keep it simple. **** off & die.

Jess Hawsen Arown
10-23-2016, 09:11 AM

Its just not fair. Mocking Cubs fan has been such a big part of our lives for --well -- our entire lives. I'm too old for such a radical change. Now what do we do? I'll go visit my therapist now. Maybe she'll know what to do.

For now, I have to lie down. :faint:

Clocker
10-28-2016, 08:37 PM
Who you cheering for?

I hate the press.

It's an election year. In Chicago, they are all busy voting.

thaskalos
10-28-2016, 09:24 PM
No way should the home-plate umpires be calling the balls and strikes. That 3-2 pitch to Bryant in the 4th was right down the middle at the knees.

zico20
10-29-2016, 05:25 PM
Sounds like a bitter Cardinals fan.

What do I say to Cardinals fans? I keep it simple. **** off & die.

Not me. The only time I get upset in sports is when the USA loses to Mexico in soccer. I can't take it. I would rather see the Cubs win the WS 10 times in a row than the USA losing once to that scum south of the border.