PDA

View Full Version : Good handicapping software

redeye007
10-20-2016, 05:45 AM
Is there a very good software program out there that can do a fair job of displaying Brisnet single file data in a well organised format?something that allows the user to select only the pacelines he prefers to use , displays the running style of the horses which is very important in identifying front runners and sustained runners. maybe even a gap analysis of average and best speed along with all the pace figures. I'm always looking to try something new that is not very expensive. thanks

JustRalph
10-20-2016, 07:30 AM
Equisim

Fills just what you want with a little more.

http://www.thorotech.com/index2.html

There's a free demo

redeye007
10-20-2016, 01:37 PM
Thank you JustRalph for the link to Equisim. I am playing with the demo and I really like the program. It does a very good job of displaying all the Bris data. I'll probably purchase it. thanks again

Eddie W
10-22-2016, 11:25 AM
Hi..Red...I thought you have lots of programs....If you still have prof jones...You can pick your own pace line.....I have not been playing or going i lost my mom in Dec 2012..She was 92....I want to get back into it....My Facebook page is under Eddie Walters...in a boat in las vegas....Eddie

Eddie W
10-22-2016, 10:36 PM
Red..One thing i do know...Is Even if any program can hit 99.9 with the
top 4 choices...In the pick6..In real life you can-not pick out all 4 hourses in 6 races in the pick6.....So if that the case....Its not the horse-racing program..
Its the mind....Wins over contenders...If a person knows how to pick out the computer contenders in your own mind...You and eveybody else, also myself would becomes a winner always.........TCB

KPMats10
10-25-2016, 02:02 PM
I have a homemade pace handicapping software that might help a little what you're looking for.

deathandgravity
11-11-2016, 01:07 PM
Equisim

Fills just what you want with a little more.

http://www.thorotech.com/index2.html

There's a free demo

I agree. :ThmbUp: My program of choice for about a decade.

JustRalph
11-11-2016, 01:27 PM
Don't forget to turn on "JR's Magic marker" in the race form view. It highlights pace and speed numbers that match the bris par for the race.

You can also highlight anything you want by using the pencil icon at the top of the page

JR's magic marker is named after somebody I know real well ;)

Vinnie
11-11-2016, 08:56 PM
Don't forget to turn on "JR's Magic marker" in the race form view. It highlights pace and speed numbers that match the bris par for the race.

You can also highlight anything you want by using the pencil icon at the top of the page

JR's magic marker is named after somebody I know real well ;)

JR.'s Magic Marker is named after a very good man indeed.... :) It is a very nice tool/addition to an already excellent software program.

JustRalph
11-12-2016, 12:40 AM
Vinnie! 👍👍

Vinnie
11-12-2016, 12:45 AM
JR:

I hope that you and your family are well my friend.. :) Happy Belated Veterans Day sir.

JustRalph
11-12-2016, 01:35 AM
JR:

I hope that you and your family are well my friend.. :) Happy Belated Veterans Day sir.

Things are well, and Thanks very much!

redeye007
11-15-2016, 05:01 PM
Thank you JustRalph for the link to Equisim. I am playing with the demo and I really like the program. It does a very good job of displaying all the Bris data. I'll probably purchase it. thanks again

After reviewing the software it just isn't what I am looking for. It does a very good job of extracting Bris speed and sorting it and the animated horse race is cute . the program seemed a little "dated" like something from long ago and I thought it was a bit overpriced for the information that it presents. Bris PP Generator is free. I'll stay away.

headhawg
11-15-2016, 09:39 PM
I think that Equisim displays the PPs better than any program that I've used. Nathan doesn't support it anymore, so I understand your reluctance to purchase. But to equate it with the Bris PP generator is just wrong. To each his/her own.