PDA

View Full Version : Is Runhappy Still Happy To Run

bobphilo
10-19-2016, 01:34 PM
Apparently Runhappy was not happy in his latest mile workout. Personally, I'm sad to say that his poor performance in the Ack Ack was more due to a decline in the horse than to any distance limitations.
The decision to put up the million buck entry fee for the Pegasus without knowing if he is still the same Eclipse winner and whether he can take on top horses at 9 furlongs is the bonehead move of the year. The poor horse survived Maria Borell but is still stuck with the same idiot owner.
A shame because I really like this horse.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/215952/stubborn-runhappy-works-a-mile-at-keeneland?source=rss

gheuks
10-19-2016, 01:50 PM
Connections are clueless. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Brilliant sprinter, but a bet against in the mile.

DeltaLover
10-19-2016, 03:24 PM
A shame because I really like this horse.

You should like more if the crowd continues to send him to the gate as the favorite each time he shows up.

bobphilo
10-19-2016, 04:15 PM
You should like more if the crowd continues to send him to the gate as the favorite each time he shows up.
I hate to see him decline. There is more to this game than beat the favorite for me.

cj
10-19-2016, 05:08 PM
I know it was first back off the layoff, but he was simply not the same horse in his return whether it was a mile race or 6f or even 5f. He is a complete toss in the BC.

DeltaLover
10-19-2016, 05:18 PM
There is more to this game than beat the favorite for me.

Like what for example?

cj
10-19-2016, 05:18 PM
Like what for example?

I took it to mean caring about the horses.

bobphilo
10-19-2016, 06:24 PM
I took it to mean caring about the horses.
You got it right, CJ. For some of us they are more than just gambling tools.

outofthebox
10-19-2016, 08:27 PM
I know it was first back off the layoff, but he was simply not the same horse in his return whether it was a mile race or 6f or even 5f. He is a complete toss in the BC.Agree. He was a beaten horse at 1/4 pole. To be fair to the horse, he was horribly prepared. Total rush job.

cj
10-19-2016, 08:39 PM
Agree. He was a beaten horse at 1/4 pole. To be fair to the horse, he was horribly prepared. Total rush job.

Right, and he isn't exactly being trained by Charlie Whittingham or Bill Mott. If this horse wins a BC race I will anoint him the greatest horse to ever look through a bridle. Any horse that could win two BC races with that clown show running things is immortal.

Garyinseattle
10-19-2016, 08:57 PM
It's nuts to think they are going The Dirt Mile ....then onto the Pegasus. He's a proven monster at 6f (when he was healthy). He goes 7f at CD and runs not so good. Sure it was a layoff....but still. His race in The Lecomte in 2015 going 2 turns was a disaster.

The good news for bettors is if they actually go at GP he will be dead money.....maybe help the odds on Cal Chrome go from 2-5 to 3-5.